[Drama 2019] Search: WWW, 검색어를 입력하세요: WWW

larus

1 hour ago, mademoisellesia said:

And I agree with you Pyo Joon Soo and BJ Dong Joo's scene was really random and utmost unnecessary. I'd rather give this screen time to the 4 kids in the TF team. I had thought there was something developing between Alex and Ellie.

I was rooting for Alex and Ellie from the beginning too. I thought that there might be some sort of office romance between the two when BTM introduced her team to Barro. But then it was later revealed that she already has a boyfriend so I was bummed about it. 

I also loved how things wrapped up with all the couples. Though I wanted to see more of SGG and JW but it looks like at the end SGG seems to hint that she’ll probably start dating JW. 

Scarlet and SJH was my least favorite couple but I do still enjoyed their cute scenes. Scarlet appears to be a tough, fierce, sassy woman in the office but when she’s with him, he makes her feel like a little girl. I loved the scene of them when he was about to enter the army and she said “you’ll always be my super star. My actor.” That line did made my heart skipped a beat though. 

Anyways, thanks everyone for sharing all the OST videos. I love love the bgm to BTM and PMG’s theme. It’s super cute. 

• Replies 887
  • Created
  • Last Reply
2 hours ago, millicom said:

I always hear that.  Personally though, I don’t agree with confessing just so you don’t have regrets if the guy is already involved. While that person has it off her chest, the confession can burden the guy and can result in awkward situations specially if it is unreciprocated.  Also, I think there’s a subtle and dangerous message that is being communicated in confessing ones’s feelings with an attached guy.  It’s sending a message to him that if you are not happy with your existing relationship, I’m available.  The subtle intent is to give the guy a choice and hope for that he break-ups with his partner.

Yes, hence I don't disagree when a few mentioned she was being selfish. I accepted that she made a choice, gamble and risk facing an awkward situation with Morgan to fight for what she wants. And she suffered the consequences. She now has closure, can quit fantasizing (hallelujah) and move on. I also agree on your second point and find it another true reflection of reality. On the flip side if we see Morgan is tempted by Da In, then it'd taint this beautiful relationship we witness so far—I'd then think maybe Tami is better off without Morgan. Reason being I've known men from school & workplace who expressed unhappiness in their relationships/marriages & seen them tempted by other women. They complain about their partners, or openly express they want to get away. The reasonable me thinks perhaps their wives feel exactly the same (esp. wanting time off). On the other hand, I feel sad for the wives, even though they'll never know about this. Obviously there are many factors/reasons we wouldn't know in others' relationships, so I can only observe because who am I, the outsider, to judge. In a drama though, I would definitely pick a side.

1 hour ago, elizabeth said:

I was rooting for Alex and Ellie from the beginning too. I thought that there might be some sort of office romance between the two when BTM introduced her team to Barro. But then it was later revealed that she already has a boyfriend so I was bummed about it. 

Wait. Did she? When? Which episode...?

2 hours ago, millicom said:

I always hear that.  Personally though, I don’t agree with confessing just so you don’t have regrets if the guy is already involved.  While that person has it off her chest, the confession can burden the guy and can result in awkward situations specially if it is unreciprocated.  Also, I think there’s a subtle and dangerous message that is being communicated in confessing ones’s feelings with an attached guy.  It’s sending a message to him that if you are not happy with your existing relationship, I’m available.  The subtle intent is to give the guy a choice and hope for that he break-ups with his partner.

Exactly.  It's selfish to confess to a guy who is already taken.  It only makes the confessor happy while it makes everyone else uncomfortable.    It's pressuring on the guy and his GF.

Da In really does Not see the implications of what she has done even though she apologizes to Tammy.  It's an apology that doesn't sound like a real apology because all she does is talk about what she wants.    If she was being honest and sincere, she would just say sorry and then shut up.  Too much explaining is rationalyzing rather than regretting.

Yes, to Romance is a Bonus Book @mademoisellesia It's even more significant as it's actor Lee Jong-Suk's last project before he enlists in the army. The drama was slow moving at first but upon repeated viewing I enjoyed it, even with it's nerdy premise LoL. With books, the joy of reading that sort of thing. Nonetheless, it's worth a watch as well.

@ck1Oz

I'm assuming due to the stress she's placed under, especially that of her MIL it's no surprise why Ga-Gyeong desperately wants to disappear... Her non answer to Jin-Woo, I took it as her silent agreement to keep him informed of her life, as well as the possibility that she's open to whatever the future holds for them.  As for Ta-Mi/Mo-Gan, they just have to weather through as they always been LoL. But at least they're happy? That's all that matters right?

Aww poor Jenny... but she look fine with whatever the outcome though eheheh. 

@thistle

Her apology came across half hearted to me. She apologized for bein' judgmental but not for liking Mo-Gan... HuH. Girl your ship has sailed, move along now. 

The whole BTS thing, the drama just had to go there I think to keep it relevant:rolleyes: Seriously the BJ incited the hatred of ARMYs only to satiate her desire to be mentioned in the same breath as BTS?! What the----?? Truly my opinion of her just sunk to an even deeper low than before. Like it's bad enough she tried stealing Mo-Gan/Jung-Soo (What is his appeal LoL?!)/Ji-Hwan... Thank goodness she didn't move her sights to Jin-Woo!:crazy: The only thing she did right was to get Scarlett to admit her feelings to Ji-Hwan. Other than that ugh.

Great ending  :wub:. I think GG and TM is more like a rival, they are so briliant in tackling enemies with their own drastic way :D. I also love CH and TM friendship they are so adorable lol. Anyway i love the three ladies have their happiness with their respective partner whatever status they held. 

I was lukewarm about the relationship trope among three  strong women.  But watching the final episode witnessing real time explosion of on-line comments (screaming,high-fiving, oh-yeah-ing and even positive obscenity) when that top opened and revealed all three of them in the car...   Pure internet magic. 

So I'm done watching the finale too.  I'm glad how it ended but I'm sad that it is the end.

Half of my fantasy ending came true for TM/MG. :P TM initiated the communication (although in my fantasy, she followed him in Australia, haha), MG gladly welcomed it, and they decided to move forward together with full awareness that there are still those outstanding issues between them. They just want to live in the now and take it day by day. I like this. It's very realistic. No magic, instant solution. I just wish though that there's some make out/makeup kisses and a few more screen time. lol

I love the surprise that JH did for CH, but gosh, I hate Scarlet's dress. She looks like an old spinster and she's too pretty to be wearing it. And it's so fun to watch CH telling TM that's she's going on leave for 4 days and TM shouldn't disturb her, but she'll miss TM anyway.

No comment on GG and JW since I'm not really shipping their boat.

And what better way to end it but to have all our girls in a bad-richard simmons Maserati top down car driving off to a place where there are no traffic lights.

Why am I late to the game? I just started watching the first two episodes and I'm already girl crushing over Bae Ta Mi and Scarlett!!! 

It's so refreshing to see a female centered drama in which they have so much confidence and strength. It's amazingggg! 

And always rooting for Lee Da Ha who is always killer in her roles!!! 

7 hours ago, ck1Oz said:

Can someone who is more awake than me explain the JW and SGG dinner conversation? I can understand what he is saying during the drive in the Maserati. Or even what he wanted her to continue doing with her life in the ending scene.

But how do I interpret SGG's answer to say she kept her promise to keep him informed? What does she mean disappear to where? Plus what does it mean when she doesn't answer when he said he has to be the one in the one sided love relationship?

And all these in the context of understanding how it would mean with the implied future since nothing was concrete for all 3.

Even TM and Morgan. I presume that means she has decided to live for the relationship in the present. Not live anticipating an unhappy future together resulting in another break up..

I guess you have to be in a relationship to actually have a break up in the future. Her issues has always been anticipating the future and not living in the present.

Absolutely hushed from work and not thinking clearly to understand. Yet it's bugging me and I am just all weekend.

Thanks.

During the car ride, she was warning him about what she was planning to do i.e. bring his mother and Unicon down. He continued to support her regardless.

JW congratulated GG on finally being free during dinner. He knew how much she suffered while married to him. He had promised GG that he would divorce her in an earlier episode to enable her to be free from his controlling family and GG had promised that she would let him know when she would disappear because this had been her wish in an earlier episode. Them both keeping their promise to eachother is significant because given everything they have both endured while being in a business marriage, their relationship has developed from the start to mutual respect and care for eachother. 

I don't think GG rejected JW entirely, her facial expressions speak more than her words and you can definitely tell she was affected by his feelings for her but she knew that they couldn't pursue a relationship immediately given everything that was due to come. I think JW understood that GG wanted to fulfil her wish to disappear which means she can live her life on her own accord for once and he wasn't going to persuade her otherwise because he knows she needs time to herself after everything she's been through. When he sent her his car at the end, it was his own way of reminding her that he was still around and here for her. The message he left her was to show that he was supporting her in doing what she wanted. I think she knew that he wouldn't give up on her because earlier when he had asked her what he could do when he wanted to see her, she had said that he produces movies so she's sure he'll think of something. The car and his message was his way of telling her he would wait for her and that he hasn't given up I think. When the time is ready and after all the media disappears, I think GG will be comfortable in giving him a chance.

TM has finally accepted that she can't let go of PM so even though they haven't resolved their differences in life goals, she wants them to continue together. I think her realization means she will approach their differences in a more open minded optimistic manner from now on rather than continuously clouding every situation in doubt. I gave a bit more reasoning to this in a comment above.

Out of the 3 relationships, CH and JH had the most concrete ending. They are both happily in love and I have no doubts that their relationship will continue on when he finishes his mandatory service.

I just want to add...

I find Jang Ki Yong a really fine actor. I'm impressed by his performance. And he's just 26 years old! 

It's my first time to watch him, but I'm buying what he's selling. :)

He need not say anything, his expressions say it all. Especially in his last scene with Ta-Mi where I've felt his joy, relief, love and excitement that he's together again with Ta-Mi. And when he scrunched his nose, Omo! Cuteness overload.

Now, I'm off to hunting more of his shows. I've heard he killed it in "Kill It" - pun intended. :)

Yup am primarily rewatching the SJH/CH parts as they are so adorable.

CH character was quite pure...she was a fighter throughout...a lot of judo/sports have an honour based ideology... hence she was a rescuer of sorts...to tami/gg and even JH after she tripped him up.

For JH..I kind of placed him as a person who was bookish and down to earth....hence the phone/books etc and of course his youth...

She probably fascinated him as much as he fascinated her...

So hence the initial hesitant relationship... since they had to figure out whether her attraction to him was purely as a fan..

I like that the script pointed out that he couldn't do anything if she was a fan...as that would be taking advantage of her affections as a fan...

Ethics

I dare say this is one of the best drama this year. The theme of this drama is something fresh, talking about web portals with 3 powerful women in the industry. I love Park Morgan's character the most, he's just a damn hot good guy:wub: I kept mumbling to myself while watching this drama (almost like Scarlet lol) asking Bae Tami to accept him despite their big age gap. I like all love relationship between our 3 awesome ladies with their partners. I'm glad all of them got their own happy ending. They ended this drama with such a cool and satisfied ending. I have no complaint at all. Gonna miss them a lot.

34 minutes ago, savingrace said:

I just want to add...

I find Jang Ki Yong a really fine actor. I'm impressed by his performance. And he's just 26 years old! 

He need not say anything, his expressions say it all. Especially in his last scene with Ta-Mi where I've felt his joy, relief, love and excitement that he's together again with Ta-Mi. And when he scrunched his nose, Omo! Cuteness overload.

Now, I'm off to hunting more of his shows. I've heard he killed it in "Kill It" - pun intended. :)

JKY is at his very best in Come Here and Hug Me.  You definitely have to watch that one!  But prepare to cry buckets of tears.  That drama is in my Top Five Best Ever list.

Jang Ki Yong indeed an excellent and versatile actor. He's growing up to be one of A list actors!

I first noticed him in My Mister. Since that I remember his face because his character in My Mister was really awesome although he was an antagonist. He left a big impression on me. Then I watched him in Come and Hug Me, a melodrama that tearing me apart. I also watched him in Go Back Couple and Kill It. He nailed every character, you can feel his emotion and understand his gesture and expression very well. Not only a good looking guy, he is versatile and very talented. I'm looking forward to his next project and definitely will follow him around lol.

I waited until I could have full subs to watch the end because I knew that every word was going to be important. The writers packed so much into this last episode that this one had me guessing until the end.  I spent most of the last episode yelling at Tammy. If she had cut Morgan lose and walked happily back into her workaholic life I wouldn't have spent so much of my time yelling at my laptop telling her what a dumb you know what she is. She let him go because she couldn't face losing him than felt no joy in her life because she lost him. Does that make sense on any level?  Morgan's mom dying in an accident should be a life lesson for all of us.  Nothing is promised not even the next moment so hang on to the seconds you are in because in the end that's all you have. Scarlet was cute. Her love story was so her. It was sweet and had an air of innocence. She might be a tough cookie in her professional life but when it comes to love she knew what she valued most.   When her man came home on leave she grabbed for her moment. " I taking 4 days leave", then it was peace out and she was on her way.  In the end, my favorite hands down was Song Ga Kyung.  She had the most to lose and was the bravest of the three women.  Song Ga Kyung made difficult choices in both her personal and professional life. The writers didn't make her into the typical hero who has no problem making the "right choices".  She was a real woman with fears and flaws. When you have the power it's hard to give it up. When you have a man who is offering to love you that's hard to walk away from too.  I loved how Song Ga Kyung stood strong, figured out a way to free herself from a life that made her unhappy and still had the guts to take down her mother in law. The ending with the three women riding off to find a place with no "red lights was just perfect.  Plus my romantic heart loves the fact that the car they rode off in belonged to her x husband. Cheers to the writers.  They did an excellent job of portraying a group of women who stood firm and strong in their power. This drama was a real winner and I will miss it

For those who are curious about the sunglasses that they wore in finale.

But to avoid being accused of advertisement, gonna put in spoiler, click at own risk. If I break any rules, pls delete my post.

Just kind of curious cuz it is so stylish, so I went to google. :joy:

Spoiler

Scarlett's sunglasses for the finale

TM's sunglasses for the finale

Trying to find GG's sunglasses in progress.

17 hours ago, thistle said:

JKY is at his very best in Come Here and Hug Me.  You definitely have to watch that one!  But prepare to cry buckets of tears.  That drama is in my Top Five Best Ever list.

I'll check it out. Thank you. :wub:

19 hours ago, savingrace said:

I just want to add...

He is one fine actor. I started liking him after watching Come And Hug Me which was his first lead role. You should definitely watch My Mister with IU and Lee Sun Kyun (which happens to be Jun Hye Jin “Song Ga Gyung’s” real life husband). I think his role in there was one of his best performance. Then you’ll have second lead syndrome with him in Go Back Couple. 

@thistle what’s your top fav 5 dramas?

@mademoisellesia I can’t remember which scene Ellie said when she mentioned that she has a boyfriend. It’s somewhere in the beginning of the episodes but I know she did mentioned him a few times later on too. I’ll have to rewatch it again

Also, does anyone know SJH’s ring tone? It sounded like a melody to Lee Da Hee’s song, I Saw You On TV. It’s such a cute melody. I want it for my phone too.

21 minutes ago, elizabeth said:

@thistle what’s your top fav 5 dramas?

There's no order to this list, and it's a mix of Korean and Japanese:

Come Here and Hug Me

Just Between Lovers

Nagareboshi

Tatta Hitotsu No Koi

Kingyo Club

I started watching JDoramas first, so those I mention are older but they are still incredibly re-watchable (certainly I re-watch Nagareboshi every autumn) and they still break my heart (in a good way).  I suppose I like characters who are damaged, who face real challenges, and who help one another overcome.  

Characters who lie and cheat totally put me off.  Chaebols just annoy me completely.  I want to see about something that feels real.  That's why One Spring Night is in my top ten--it's really real.

I liked WWW well enough, and it was worth watching right the way through.  It's a nicely made drama.  The visuals especially made an impact. 

But I could not get past the way the JKY's character was written (undoubtedly everyone on this thread is sick of hearing me say so) and I thought he deserved better than to be used as a battering ram to destroy male stereotypes--the way that he was turned into an "old-fashioned girl" stereotype really annoyed me because it seemed like the writer was pushing a personal agenda to thumb her nose as some of the ways that women's roles have been written traditionally.  It's a habit of many people to try to proclaim their admiration for one thing by deliberately destroying its opposite.  I don't think that way--I believe that we need to know darkness to understand light.  The writer could have made her point more gracefully just by letting her women be strong.  She wrote JW as a brilliantly strong masculine man who didn't have to do anything to prove who he was.  He made mistakes, he learned, he moved forward, he gave, he took.  Amazing character.  I wish she had done the same with Morgan.  (sorry, I started going off about this again; I guess I'm still annoyed LOL )

So, what is your top five? :)

Archived