[Drama 2019] Doctor Prisoner, 닥터 프리즈너

larus

On 4/28/2019 at 5:31 PM, gm4queen said:

Hello dear @mimi8592 friend! Welcome to the Soompi world!!! crazy-monkey-emoticon-003.gif?1292792378 And yeah, I will try to answer your questions as much as possible!

1) I think Seon proposed to Na Yi jea to help him, in return for helping him getting to Na Yi Jae's real target, Lee Jae joon. That's how Seon got released!

2) Seon fabricated that Na Yi Jae is responsible for Insurance issue & Seon got away with the suspicion...  Then Na Yi Jae backfired very charge to Seon again but he just got away with his cunning mind! And Seon didn't kill Congressman Jung! Suspect is someone else & I think it's all Lee Jae Jung doing that!! And after congressman Jung's death, Lee Jae Jung will have his shares as well!!!!:o!

3) Han Bit & Na Yi Jae are like best buds! Bit calls Na Yi Jae hyung & it's all their plan that Bit disappeared all of a sudden! 3 yrs ago, Bit used to work for Jae joon’s father and he’s asked to take the shares in case something happens to him!!! Then Bit witnessed Lee Jae Jung's misdeed with his own father & was escaping from Lee Jae Jung!! And then Bit left with no choice but to surrender himself & went jail! He there met Na Yi Jae & told him everything about Lee Jae Jung! And then it's Na Yi Jae's plan that he made Bit disappear for his & his sister's own good & planned to trap Lee Jae Jung!

I dunno if you find some answers in my post but glad to meet you, new friend!! :wub: See you soon!

Thanks a lot buddies for the insights, I really appreciate it (and enjoy reading your comments too). I've been an old follower on Soompi but most of the time just enjoying reading more than myself saying something (and I lost my old acct also, thanks God I rmb the pw for this lol~). 

I prob started watched DP much later than most of you guys here. Usually I'll wait till the drama is all out to watch, too bad I couldn't hold back my excitement this time & am now suffering from all the wait haha. Hopefully more people will watch DP soon (I know they'll get trapped right away lol~) & maybe join this thread to make it as lively as it deserves.

PS: It's only 2 more weeks till it ends, & I still don't have enough of all this great mind game (and superb acting) yet :((( 

• Like 3
  • Love 1

Yesterday episode is giving me a headache. Lol

I think 1 thing for sure is.. Director Seon is working on both NYJ and LJJ for his own gain and trying to destroy them both or let them fight it out while he survive the battle in the end.

And I'm definitely looking forward to Ms Oh and Prosecutor Jung's date tonight!

At least they don't give me a headache... hahaha

• Like 3

Just watched yesterday's eps & I totally agree with dear @mrsj3n friend! 

Seon is back stabbing both NYJ & LJJ! And I wonder why NYJ can't sense that something is too fishy about Seon that he is so willing to accept the VIP post! What would Seon plans to get if he breaks down LJJ out of the radar..???! Taekang group? Taekang hospital or both..??! :o This is worth watching! Enemies in crime!

And I want to slap this jerk guy now! :angry: He was watching his own father fight for life & death on the bed! NYJ better make sure that LJJ pay for his sins real hard! And the same goes for Seon as well! :angry:

84d3452648444249950b3edb0be80ff3.jpg?x=b

And what's gonna happen with LJH..???! I honestly want him to be a good guy now but can't forgive him for killing 3 innocent people on the road! But anyway, I will go join with NYJ's plan! :mellow:

And we only have 3 days with this series now & I am eagerly waiting for the finale! :blink:

• Like 3

I just eagerly looked forward to see eps 27-28 but it's not aired yesterday! :angry: Had I known this earlier......

And now we have to wait for another extra week only to watch the finale eps!! KBS is smart at torturing their viewers! :dissapointed_relieved:

Edited by gm4queen
  • Like 5

I'm not sure that there's any so call special programming. All other competing dramas were broadcasted as scheduled. Perhaps the other networks wish to end them soon so that can start the new shows since their ratings can't match "Doctor Prisoner". Such delay tactics happens sometimes for various reasons ~ precisely why I only started watching it this penultimate week to avoid waiting till my neck is as long as a giraffe !!! Another 2 more weeks till finale ... AAAAAAARGH - I feel cheated !!!

I am now wondering if they might actually add episodes 33 & 34?

Of course LJJ will be dealt with ... it's a question of whether he dies or end up in the prison that NYJ will perhaps remain as CMO. Either way it's always enjoyable to watch Choi Won-Young ~ his portrayal of LJJ's menacing delirium is oh so good! 

I've heard of Namgoong Min back in 2017 due to "Chief Kim" -- especially about the bromance -- but never watched his performance until now. 

I AM CHARMED. :love:

His charisma as the doctor is unbelievable!

I'm not the writers of the show but ... I refuse to believe that Mo Yi-Ra and her daughter will not try to double-cross NYJ, though maybe not the son LJH. But I also believe that the much-wiser NYJ will not be fooled. 

I love that the show focused on the suspense and intrigue. It also underscores corruption that is rampant in the South Korean society (and in fact in EVERY society), hence depriving those who are gifted but without important connections of their optimal success -- much like our male lead. 

Honestly, I'm kinda sick of seeing the typical showering scene showcasing the (half-) naked torsos with perfectly-built abdominal 6 packs of the male casts. Pot bellies or at best a flat stomach is actually more realistic -- as demonstrated when the clothes of some (male) actors were opened up for medical treatment in the show ;) 

Not much interesting shows around town so this one is definitely a GEM! 

Maybe "Chief Kim" can fill the void in the meantime ...

• Like 5
  • LOL 1

Dang it, why does Director Seon have to be such a weasel, trying to play both sides? I was enjoying his partnering up with NYJ and their scheming scenes together, they have such good chemistry lol. It will definitely not go down the way he intends because I think he's overestimating his own abilities a little too much. He thinks he can be the one to hold the strings with LJJ and NYJ, but those two aren't that easily manipulated, and Director Seon isn't the type to prepare to throw away everything like NYJ, nor will he go all the way to dirty his hands like LJJ. He's kinda half-baked compared to those two, so it's gonna get ugly. 

Also, NYJ is gonna have LJH "fake" his illness, I wonder if he's gonna punish LJH like he did the other rich psycho whose health he destroyed. Anyway, I am prepared for the upcoming rollercoaster ride of emotions now that the show has arrived to the climax and grand finale. 

• Like 2

I'm late for the party but I'm relieved to know that it isn't the case of latest episode not being uploaded but rather no new episode aired on Thursday. Rather disappointing for the fans as we eagerly wait for the show, especially for Namgoong Min! That guy is sooooo charming. I think I fell in love with him in Beautiful Gong Shim and I have been avoiding The Girl Who Sees Scents because I am not ready to see him play a negative role. I'm sure he aced it going by all the rave reviews of the show. But my poor heart isn't ready yet, so I'm watching Undateables! Gosh! He has the most charming smile and his acting is so effortless.

Anyway, moving on to LJH, I'm sorry I could not sympathize with him. His sob story could not melt my heart. He is beyond redemption. He is a cold- hearted, calculating, ruthless murderer, without any feelings of compunction or regret. Despicable! 

Also, why is NYJ unable to see what a back stabber Director Seon is! I don't understand why sometimes intelligent characters acting completely contrary to themselves. I hope this is just a ploy on NYJ's part to fool and to bait the bigger fish. I think this might be the reason why I didn't like the latest episode. Can we get the old sharp witted NYJ back, please?

• Like 3

Fool me once, shame on you; Fool me twice, shame on me !

In a description I saw about the show — NYJ was a kind and dedicated doctor … until an event changes him … and he has become rather ruthless in pursuit of revenge. 

Point is, I have faith that NYJ has prepared himself against any subterfuge by Dr Soen, LJJ as well as Mo Yi-ra and her kids — he knows how devious these people can be when protecting their own interests. AND that they are using him as much as he is using them — sometimes you have to strike a deal or work with the devil.

I’d like to expand on the part about Dr Soen keeps getting away with offences:  

He got away with the drug trafficking because his older brother decided to cease the profitable business with the medical care facility as well as make some unlucky soul the scapegoat — which is what they do best, isn’t it? Evidence linking Haen Hospital and Dr Soen to the drug trafficking is weak coz they only capture on video the prison guard moving medication to a pharmacy and most importantly, he did not rat Dr Soen out. Last but not least, as Dr Soen would then realize, NYJ’s purpose is to keep him confined so as to break into the safe for the hard-drive. NYJ’s last chance to do so as once he is officially recognized as the new CMO, Dr Soen will clear his stuff out.

In episode 3, it had bugged me why NYJ handed the stethoscope to Kim Sang-Choon (the gangster boss) before he started performing surgery on LJH. After rewatching … Voila! It was to listen to the clicks and break into the safe. 

I’ve seen both KBC and CWY portraying good and bad guys, even though I don’t watch as much K-dramas nowadays. Both are so deliciously good when they are rotten bad!!!

I watch Nangoong Min’s acting very closely — particularly the little nuances he injects into his character, whether it’s scratching his chin, grabbing his ear or that subtle evil twitch of his mouth. His cool, controlled demeanor belies a cold, calculative mind. 

I've also heard rave reviews about Nangoong Min's bad boy role in a past drama. Two episodes into Chief Kim, he also has comical gene in him :)  I guess it shows his versatility and hopes he will get to try out more types of characters in future years to come -- good, bad or funny. Afterall, an artiste's worst nightmare is to be stereotyped and keeps playing the same type over and over again. 

I will sure be watching out for them -- if the genre suits my taste.

Men in Black:  The BADder -- The Better !!! :wub:   

ba0f5421d0cbc5399145db3cede74cab.jpg

• Like 5
  • LOL 1
  • Insightful 1

@misspiggie I think exactly like you. I doubt that NYJ hasn't planned Seon's betrayal. In fact, I believe, he is expecting it. He knows his personality very well. Moreover, he knew that in order to catch him for real, he needed to use a bait. Remember that from the start, Seon's major flaw has been his greed. Notice that once he has achieved his original goal, he reveals to his wife, he wants more. His hunger for power and wealth is limitless. They couldn't catch him for murder but they will at some point. Notice that he was the one who instigates LJJ to commit murder (his father). 

• Like 4

Another late comer here. I had wanted to wait until the all episodes were completed but after watching episodes 1 and 2 was really hooked and couldn't hold back! hahaha now the waiting is killing me:sweatingbullets:

@confusedheart7997 if you're a fan of NGM you should definitely see him in GWSS he is good as a baddie there but that didn't make me dislike him. It means he is a good actor. 

On 5/6/2019 at 9:24 PM, confusedheart7997 said:

Anyway, moving on to LJH, I'm sorry I could not sympathize with him. His sob story could not melt my heart. He is beyond redemption. He is a cold- hearted, calculating, ruthless murderer, without any feelings of compunction or regret. Despicable! 

Also, why is NYJ unable to see what a back stabber Director Seon is! I don't understand why sometimes intelligent characters acting completely contrary to themselves. I hope this is just a ploy on NYJ's part to fool and to bait the bigger fish. I think this might be the reason why I didn't like the latest episode. Can we get the old sharp witted NYJ back, please?

Like you i have no sympathy for LJJ. I don't know why writers tend to make these characters have a backstory to justify their evil deeds. 

I am quiet sure NYJ has everything covered. He knows Director Seon cannot be trusted and you may be right to say its his ploy to bait the bigger fish. This drama is quiet fast pace in that if Seon wins in one episode NYJ quickly makes up in the next. 

• Like 2

So. Many. Twists!

Nobody's really safe in this show, even when they have the upper hand, it usually gets topped by someone else shortly after. The stakes are getting higher, and with so many backstabbers and temporary partnerships and frenemies going on, it's hard to know who's going to be still standing by the end of the show. 

Director Seon is in trouble now, isn't he? :w00t:

• Like 4

I was longing to watch ep 27 - 28 & finally was able to watch it!

And what a master piece drama this is ! Just DAEBAK!!!!!!! :o It has all the emotions from the suspense to sorrow & hatress gathered very well in a single series! At first, I hated LJH but I was praying so hard when he was done with the cardiac arrest that he should be survived in order for NYJ to win the battle! Thank god that he's saved but is something bad gonna happen to him in next day eps..???! -_- He understands about his evil big bro's true nature & help NYJ! And I think Seon also will be back at NYJ's side soon!!! :) He is an easy target for LJJ to catch up!! :(

And now that LJJ has the same illness as his father, I think NYJ won't have to work so hard to break down LJJ!!! He will break down to the bottom by himself! But LJJ seems to after LJH next.... What a bad jerk he is that he is gonna use his own brother as his bait..??! :angry: I really can't stand LJJ anymore! But then I have a though in my mind.... Who would be the next 1st victim of Huntington disease..???! LJJ or LJH...???!! :wacko: This is an incredibly addicted series!!!... Only 4 eps left!!!! :o

image_readtop_2019_304013_15573583623741

And I love these two! They just gave us some butterflies all out of the blue! :wub: Wish they get together at the end!!!! By the way, is Mrs. Oh's ex husband also a role in this intense show..??! :mellow: Can't wait to find out!!!

image_readtop_2019_302457_15573027053741

• Like 5

@gm4queen i was just wondering that NYJ's true intention of helping LJH  to get out of jail on stay of execution is for his own revenge plans after all LJH did cause the disabled couple's accident. LJH might just suffer from renal failure like how KSW suffered from liver damage.

• Like 2