[Drama 2019] Doctor Prisoner, 닥터 프리즈너

larus

tsksdoctor-prisonere003e004720pko_cn0811

Doctor  Prisoner – First Impressions First Impression

Story in a Nutshell

Show begins some time prior to the actual story, at a hospital where our main character Na Yi-je (Namgoong Min) worked as an ER doctor. One night, his friends a deaf-mute couple were sent to ER following a road accident. Yi-je failed to save the husband and fights to save the pregnant wife instead, but gets disturbed by the perpretrator of the accident, Lee Jae Hwan (Park Eun Seok) who is also the son of Chairman who owns the hospital.

tsksdoctor-prisonere001e002v2720pko_cn07

Read more Here

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

Namgoong Min, Ryeo Woon, And Kim Byung Chul Meet Amidst High Tension In “Doctor Prisoner”

by sala12
8e6bca84960d4265a699e2f1d28ba345.jpeg?s=

New stills for KBS’s Wednesday-Thursday drama “Doctor Prisoner” show Han So Geum’s (played by Hello Venus’s Nara) missing younger brother Han Bit (played by Ryeo Woon), Na Yi Jae (played by Namgoong Min), and Sun Min Sik (played by Kim Byung Chul) meeting together inside the prison.

Two stories have been simultaneously progressing in the drama—the bloody game of thrones between the “Prison’s King” Sun Min Sik and Na Yi Jae, who’s after the prison supremacy, and the mystery behind the disappearance of Han So Geum’s younger brother Han Bit—keeping the viewers on their toes. Han Bit, who disappeared without a trace during confinement, is the only link that makes Na Yi Jae and Han So Geum’s cooperation possible, but he’s also a figure who’s suspected of being mixed up in Sun Min Sik’s misdeeds.

https://www.soompi.com/article/1316366wpp/namgoong-min-ryeo-woon-and-kim-byung-chul-meet-amidst-high-tension-in-doctor-prisoner
  • Like 4

Hello lovelies....

I only managed to watch 3 days of Doctor Prisoner so far! It's 8th day today, isn't it???! And I am so impressed by the story so far! Na Yi Jae is the most smartest doctor I've ever seen in a drama.... His character is very well written! :) Can't wait to know what he's up to. And I'd be so glad if anyone give me a brief summary till the current ep! And why there isn't anyone do live recapping..?! Then this thread would be even more fun!

And I totally agree with @confusedheart7997 & @mrsj3n friends here! The plot is so great without romance.... Otherwise it would derail from its current revenge track! ;) 

And so glad to see my dear @Lawyerh chingu here!! :wub: And of course I remember @bebebisous33 chingu from The Ghost Detective as well!!!!!!

• Like 5
  • Love 1

On 4/8/2019 at 4:17 PM, larus said:

Namgoong Min Gets A Gift On “Doctor Prisoner” Set From 2PM’s Junho

by J. K

Chief Kim” co-stars Namgoong Min and 2PM’s Junho showed their friendship and support!

On April 8, Namgoong Min shared photos of himself on the set of his latest drama “Doctor Prisoner.” He smiles with a beverage in his hand as he poses in front of a coffee truck sent by Junho!

The banner on the truck includes photos of both Junho playing lawyer Choi Do Hyun in his current drama “Confession” and Namgoong Min playing doctor Na Yi Je in “Doctor Prisoner.”

It reads “Genius doctor Na Yi Je! If you need legal defense, call lawyer Choi Do Hyun! Best of luck to ‘Doctor Prisoner’!”

https://www.soompi.com/article/1316068wpp/namgoong-min-gets-a-gift-on-doctor-prisoner-set-from-2pms-junho

Haha, what a smart way to promote both shows.   It would be funny to have both of them as a cameo on each other's show.  Since Junho has heart problems and Namgoong Min is a doctorl  Also, Namgoong Min also would need a lawyer at times because of all the trouble and fights he get in.

• Like 3

I agree with you dear @Lawyerh chingu on Na Yi Jae! He is totally a grey role right now but since he's the lead, I hope he will be more decent in upcoming eps.... But his grey attitude goes with the villain guys pretty well! :D I am more interested in the interactions between Na Yi Jae & Director Seon! Both guys are tit for tat! :w00t:

And I am also new to Nara but I've seen her last year in Your Honor with Yoon Shi Yoon.! Her character is also smart here! Let's see what's up with her & Dr. Na :)

And I dunno if these are upcoming BTSs... But anyway, Namgoong Min is so dapper as Dr. Na :D Looking forward to catch up with the rest of eps!!

article.jpg

• Like 4

@gm4queen welcome to this thread! I also joined this thread later because I had to wait until Touch your heart was finished. However, I really like this drama.

I was right about the downfall of director Seon: the drugs and the embezzlement would be used against him.

However, I had never suspected that the prisoners would be used for illegal drugs, as test subjects. Although I haven't watched the episode 8 yet, the change of BN's behaviour seems to indicate the abuse of drugs. I was also surprised how NYJ punished the psychopath and in reality the stay of execution was just an illusion.

• Like 3
  • Love 1
  • Insightful 2
  • Thanks 1

Another great episodes!

And Director Seon is just like a cockroach!

A cockroach that won't die.

And just when we thought he is toasted... he is up and back in the game.

Why is he even allowed back at the prison???

Aargh!!!!!!!

Hope NYJ won't get any setback and get into much problem!

• Like 5

Stills

20190411MW144114245241_b.jpg

http://www.munhwa.com/news/view.html?no=20190411MW144114245241

“Her Private Life” Ratings Rise For 2nd Episode; “Doctor Prisoner” Stays Strong At No. 1

by E. Cha
79024dcf68c6447ea30e0afee9fc72f7.jpeg?s=
Meanwhile, KBS 2TV’s suspenseful medical drama “Doctor Prisoner” remained the most-watched Wednesday-Thursday drama of the evening, scoring average nationwide ratings of 12.5 percent during its first half and 14.7 percent during its second. “Doctor Prisoner” also achieved its highest viewership ratings yet in the Seoul metropolitan area, where it scored average ratings of 13.6 percent and 16.2 percent for the night.
  • Like 5

20 hours ago, gm4queen said:

And I totally agree with @confusedheart7997 & @mrsj3n friends here! The plot is so great without romance.... Otherwise it would derail from its current revenge track! ;) 

But I think there will still be a hint of romance between NYJ and the psychologist. When she realizes that he is a man, she can be kindled with romantic feelings. And I think she used to be in love with the doctor when she worked with him in the hospital.^_^

15 hours ago, bebebisous33 said:

I was also surprised how NYJ punished the psychopath and in reality the stay of execution was just an illusion.

I was sure that it would be so! Couldn't our doctor just let go of the psychopath. He hates such people too much. So it was immediately clear that he had conceived a trap for the psycho. And if the psychologist did not intervene, then everything would have ended well, much earlier ...

4 hours ago, mrsj3n said:

Hope NYJ won't get any setback and get into much problem!

In the end everything will be fine. And if it is bad, then this is not the end!:P

• Like 6

Usually in revenge dramas we already know the characters plan, but what I love about this show is how unpredictable it is and that in the end even when we think the lead is corner or about to ‘lose’ he still ends up on top, which is very satisfying after seeing so many instances in revenge shows where the main character never gets justice or rarely at least. I also like how unconventional it goes, like the KSW arc and stay of execution being bait. Now my q is, do medical directors really have so much power in prisons that they are the ‘kings’ there? Also how realistic is the show in regards of the imprisoned wealthy using the stay of execution or other situations showing just how corrupt the jail system is???

• Like 5
  • Insightful 2

2 hours ago, philosophie said:

Now my q is, do medical directors really have so much power in prisons that they are the ‘kings’ there?

My sentiments exactly.

But reading the disclaimer, it might be non fiction after all.

It's scary if medical director has so much power that even prison warden has to listen to them.

I'm really liking this show.

It gave me the vibes of Prison Break although no jail breaking from our leads here. Just breaking some people out through medical ways. :lol:

• Like 6
  • Thanks 1

Well...... I just finished 4th day eps & the curiosity is at the top spot!

First of all, I am 4 days behind the current eps but I hope to catch up fast because I am so impressed by the plot! Na Yi Jae acts more like a black market dealer & director Seon is his puppet! Na Yi Jae is still with the wrong crowd but I think he has so many reasons to get revenge! His mother was died due to the improper treatments of hospital staff & he was also falsely charged for his good deeds! And I am still a bit new to the series..... So confused at some points! By chance is there any past tie between Na Yi Jae & Kim Sang Chun...??!!! I feel like Kim is betraying Dr. Na with the list! I am not pretty sure about anything yet! I hope some chingu will provide me some info on this one!

And dear @Friendly kitty chingu, you are giving me butterflies here!! Let's see if we can have any! :wub:

And I must say this!! Doctor Prisoner is sooooooo great! I hope more chingus join here with our discussion!! Calling my friend, @Alice Mendoza here!! :) We have more to talk now!!

Edited by gm4queen
  • Like 5
  • Love 2

7 hours ago, Friendly kitty said:

But I think there will still be a hint of romance between NYJ and the psychologist. When she realizes that he is a man, she can be kindled with romantic feelings. And I think she used to be in love with the doctor when she worked with him in the hospital.^_^

I was sure that it would be so! Couldn't our doctor just let go of the psychopath. He hates such people too much. So it was immediately clear that he had conceived a trap for the psycho. And if the psychologist did not intervene, then everything would have ended well, much earlier ...

In the end everything will be fine. And if it is bad, then this is not the end!:P

Seon will try to reveal that NYJ used the stay of prosecution in order to get rid of his nemesis. However, I am quite sure that NYJ was not the one who killed the two persons like Seon assumes. Notice that NYJ used the psychopath's case in order to reveal the involvement of doctors from Taekyang hospital. NYJ is leading the prosecutor to unveil the whole truth.

Han Bit was the analyst from the chairman and he knows the involvement of LJJ. The latter discovered that he was not supposed to inherit the Group therefore he got rid of his father and his friend, the assemblyman Jung. I have this idea that the chairman could have chosen a different heir because he knew that LJJ would get sick very soon. Notice that he is showing symptoms of an illness: dropping the bottle/glass and his face... It is not just about his narcolepsy.  

• Like 3
  • Insightful 4

Dear @bebebisous33 @Lawyerh @mrsj3n @Friendly kitty @philosophie & other chingus here! I hope you all must have watched all the eps of Doctor Prisoner till the date! But I am still on ep 11 & 12! And I love this series for so many reasons!

• Na Yi Jae is no doubt, the smartest doctor in Korean drama history! And Namgoong Min is the best choice to play the character!! He has a great personality in everything! :wub: His looks, his voice & his attitude are all perfect for Na Yi Jae! The smartest doctor who is teaming up with the wrong crowd for getting revenge!

56997655_2187358848242316_76930177870520

• And at this rate, I am pretty sure that he will certainly gift his enemies a permanent destruction! Till now I only thought Director Seon is his only target! But that is not seems to be the case! What is his main target, really..??? Any clue for me to guess..??!And who was he referring as Tiger to??! Are there any leads in the upcoming eps..??! I am pretty curious & kind of hooked to the plot! 
  • And with Mr. Kim stabbing Dr. Han, Na Yi Jae won't leave anyone in peace now!! By chance, is he having feelings towards her..?? :D Hah haaa..... This is gonna be a fantastic ride ahead!!!
  • Like 5
  • Love 1

Dear @bebebisous33 chingu! I just watched ep 13-14 & still have to watch ep 15-16 to catch up with the latest! But as in ep 13, yes you are absolutely right!

Han Bit whispered NYJ about the master mind & I just had a hunch that it would be LJJ!!!! Then I am right!  NYJ knows it from the very beginning that LJJ is the tiger & his main enemy! But LJJ just want NYJ to destroy Director Seon! And I wonder why! What is LJJ after..??! But NYJ is so smart at trapping director Seon in his own trap! And NYJ is gonna be the next medical director! Whoahhh... This is more intriguing than I thought!

And LJJ is the one who is searching for Han Bit!!!! Why is that? Then Han Bit must have known some of LJJ's dark secrets or something harmful to his career!!! Should watch ep 15-16 as soon as possible!! 

And here is the comedian of the show.... He is so annoying & funny at the same time! yellow-onion-head-emoticon-45.gif?1301920893Love you, Lee Jae Hwan!!!!

080d9e05f5d09be3e8b5f4a18ea2b82e0bb6109b

• Like 6

@gm4queen I can't find it in my heart to like Lee Jae Hwan. :sweatingbullets:

He is a spoilt brat and he needs to be locked up forever for that tantrum he threw at the start of episode.

He is still instrumental in the death of the couple and their unborn child.

I just hope that all these people will get their punishment and NYJ can get closure after the exposure.

• Like 2
  • Love 2

Of course dear @mrsj3n chingu!! How to forget his jerk side!! :angry: He is non-less than an animal!! He knows nothing about humanity & that's why three people died because of him! :( Just watched ep 15-16 & I am pretty sure that NYJ will break down the whole medical history! Director Seon, LJJ & Lee Jae Hwan are my top villains in the show! I feel like LJJ & Director Seon are both after Taekang Group!!!! Go Go Go, Na Yi Jae!!!! :w00t: :w00t: :w00t: :w00t: We are counting on you!!!!!

And now I can't wait to see upcoming eps!! This is an amazing series that makes you addicted to the screen every second! :wub: The game is totally on!!!

Some BTSs of upcoming scenes, I think...

8433_8095_4459.jpg

And their off screen bond is so precious! :wub:

98586_89481_5723.jpg

• Like 9