[Drama 2019] Doctor Prisoner, 닥터 프리즈너

larus

Done  watching the first two episodes. Well I'm gonna praise him again. Kim Byung Chul! His facial expresssion is enough to win him an award but then his acting too.. he's a terrific actor!

So anyway after watching the episodes  Nam Goong Min reminds of Jang Hyuk's character in Money Flower and it's you've seen that drama it's brilliant one. and  fav of mine. I Doctor Prisoner will be good ons as  drama progressess.

Outwin. Outsmart. Outplayed... then get  revenge. This is NYJ goal. He knows what he needs to do and planned it carefully. Slowly but surely because the end goal  right the wrong and what's been done to him. His achilles heel will be his mother his sister and maybe the other Doctor HSG (Nara's character). I want to see many scenes thrilling, good acting scenes from NYJ and SMS. I'm still confused with  characters and the the roles. Is SMS the director of the Prison Hospital before NYJ through cunning smart ways took it out of him? Or SMS works for the hospital owned by chaebaols?  NJY liscense was revoke?

• Like 7

• Guest changed the title to [Current Drama 2019] Doctor Prisoner, 닥터 프리즈너 - Wed & Thu @ 22:00 KST

this is like a cat and mouse play. who is going to outsmart who. there is no black and white. everything is gray. And who's is whose line. Nobody trusts no one.

But have to say I'm really loving this. 

• Like 6

On 3/27/2019 at 10:30 AM, jongski said:

Done  watching the first two episodes. Well I'm gonna praise him again. Kim Byung Chul! His facial expresssion is enough to win him an award but then his acting too.. he's a terrific actor!

So anyway after watching the episodes  Nam Goong Min reminds of Jang Hyuk's character in Money Flower and it's you've seen that drama it's brilliant one. and  fav of mine. I Doctor Prisoner will be good ons as  drama progressess.

Outwin. Outsmart. Outplayed... then get  revenge. This is NYJ goal. He knows what he needs to do and planned it carefully. Slowly but surely because the end goal  right the wrong and what's been done to him. His achilles heel will be his mother his sister and maybe the other Doctor HSG (Nara's character). I want to see many scenes thrilling, good acting scenes from NYJ and SMS. I'm still confused with  characters and the the roles. Is SMS the director of the Prison Hospital before NYJ through cunning smart ways took it out of him? Or SMS works for the hospital owned by chaebaols?  NJY liscense was revoke?

Similar to Money Flower, I'm off to watch it lol:joy:. 

• Like 5

Just finished the first hour and I don't expect any realism from kdramas but that medical scene towards the end of thee ep is just so ridiculous - a cardiothoracic surgeon casually performing brain surgery and then him constantly getting interrupted mid-procedure, including by the medical director, is just so dumb.

Always having seen Remember, this main actors voice is always giving me psyco vibes.

• Like 8

[Ratings] "Doctor Prisoner" Thoroughly Beats "Big Issue" and "The Banker"

photo1047623.jpg

"Doctor Prisoner" broke its own record.

According to Nielsen Korea nationwide, the KBS 2TV drama "Doctor Prisoner" rated 13.0% and 14.5%, beating its existing record of 12.2% and 13.9%.

The SBS drama "Big Issue" rated 3.3% and 3.6% while MBC "The Banker" came in last with 2.5% and 3.3%.

source

• Like 4

Namgoong Min’s New Drama “Doctor Prisoner” Achieves Its Highest Ratings Yet

by E. Cha
2bf2db33191346dca359f4c61e2f7c05.jpeg?s=

KBS 2TV’s suspenseful new medical drama “Doctor Prisoner” is gaining steam!

“Doctor Prisoner” is a new drama that stars Namgoong Min as a brilliant surgeon who is unjustly forced out of his job at a large hospital. He ultimately ends up working as the medical director of a prison, where he begins plotting his revenge.

On March 28, “Doctor Prisoner” successfully maintained its No. 1 position at the top of its time slot. According to Nielsen Korea, the drama not only remained the most-watched Wednesday-Thursday drama of the evening, but it also achieved a new personal best: the March 28 broadcast scored average viewership ratings of 13.0 percent and 14.5 percent nationwide, marking its highest ratings yet.

https://www.soompi.com/article/1313660wpp/namgoong-mins-new-drama-doctor-prisoner-achieves-its-highest-viewership-ratings-yet
  • Like 6

11 hours ago, anony12345 said:

a cardiothoracic surgeon casually performing brain surgery and then him constantly getting interrupted mid-procedure, including by the medical director, is just so dumb.

Well, naturally, this was done to increase the drama of the scene. In reality, this would not have happened. In the operating room, everything is sterile, and in the drama, anyone who wants to go there without any problems.. It is impossible and unreal in life. And in the movie ... That's the movie!

The main thing is that the viewer is scared ....:scream:

• Like 5
  • LOL 2

So far so good. But each time someone has the edge over the other, then the situation is reversed. Kinda funny. Especially when Director Seon got the information about where the list of investors was sent to after visiting the regular class prisoners for the first time, haha! He should have thanked Na Ije for sending him there. One thing about this drama, all main characters aren't intimidated by anyone or anything. Don't know where this drama will lead us. Can't wait to see more & Nam Goong Min is really suitable for this type of character.

• Like 6
  • LOL 1

Watched 5-6 series. How I like to watch how each of the characters tries to outwit the other. A real game of cat and mouse, which is not known what will end ...

And how I like that rich little son got into the camera to the gang! Gloating and exulting! It serves him right! :naughty:

And I hope that the former director of the medical center in prison will also become a prisoner. How he mocked a man with insulin shots ... horror. And I'm sure this is not the first time. Surely, many prisoners suffered from this.:fearful:

• Like 5

On 3/29/2019 at 6:58 PM, monalisa said:

I first saw Kim byung chul in a drama as a wrongfully-accused cabbie. I thot he was such a good actor, he should go far. I am happy for him that he is now a much sought after actor.

@monalisa, do you happen to remember the name of the drama,  please?

16 hours ago, Friendly kitty said:

And I hope that the former director of the medical center in prison will also become a prisoner. How he mocked a man with insulin shots ... horror. And I'm sure this is not the first time. Surely, many prisoners suffered from this

I was so shocked by that scene... Some Doctor, eh?
I hope they take away his license before they  throw him in jail for a long time.

What really gets me in this drama, and other Kdrama,  is how people of power (little or big), have so many morons follow them to do their bidding, even knowing it is illegal.
i.e. with that scene with the insulin shots, all of those guards who covered for him, etc. should be charged as accessories to this crime.

D25vGVKUgAUUkmq.jpg

• Like 2
  • Insightful 2

On 3/30/2019 at 1:55 PM, PeachyPeach said:

So far so good. But each time someone has the edge over the other, then the situation is reversed. Kinda funny. Especially when Director Seon got the information about where the list of investors was sent to after visiting the regular class prisoners for the first time, haha! He should have thanked Na Ije for sending him there. One thing about this drama, all main characters aren't intimidated by anyone or anything. Don't know where this drama will lead us. Can't wait to see more & Nam Goong Min is really suitable for this type of character.

I know right... He really should thanked him for that haha

• Like 2

14 hours ago, monalisa said:

response to irilight: I'm not sure as it's been a few years but I think it was Mrs. Cop 2?

Thank you, @monalisa  :)

Well, so far we have both Doctor Na Yi-Je and Doctor Lee Jae-Joon against Doctor Sun Min-Sik.
But Doctor Sun Min-Sik managed to get the powerful mom behind him, at least temporarily.

I look forward to more interactions with these two.

0000372926_001_20190222105001619.jpg
  • Like 6