[Drama 2019] Doctor Prisoner, 닥터 프리즈너

larus

9 hours ago, imgreatgal said:

@gm4queen i was just wondering that NYJ's true intention of helping LJH  to get out of jail on stay of execution is for his own revenge plans after all LJH did cause the disabled couple's accident. LJH might just suffer from renal failure like how KSW suffered from liver damage.

The answer can be long but I'll keep it short: 

LJH is a just a stupid second-generation chaebol spoil brat — at best you can only nail him for recklessly contributing to the disabled family’s death. Realizing LJH was just a pawn in all this, NYJ wants to keep him in prison to kick his backside — hard. Later on, he wants to get LJH out to attend the board meeting. But Korean show writers will not let LJH's get away with it even with his later repentance --- he will get his own form of retribution in today's episode. 

Ultimately, NYJ's target is LJJ ... (and maybe Dr Soen too?)

In this show:

(1)  alliances are made … and unmade … depending on changing circumstances;  

(2)  the characters associate themselves with acquaintances, friends AND enemies alike … to achieve whatever purpose(s) they have; 

(3)  conscience is bonus, but not absolutely necessary, as it might actually be a hindrance.

So whether it's NYJ, Dr Soen, LJJ or MYR & her children, their flip-flopping stance is confusing but not surprising. It mirrors the real-world -- that's actually how crazy rich families fight for power and money. Though it sounds dramatic, the twists and turns makes for an exciting nail-biter!!!  (Otherwise I might as well be watching rom-com ;) )

GROWL!!! I'm scratching my eyes out for next week's finale already!

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

“Doctor Prisoner” Continues To Dominate Wednesday-Thursday Drama Ratings Battle

by E. Cha
c3b8855363eb4e7084cf272e2452370c.jpeg?s=

KBS 2TV’s hit drama “Doctor Prisoner” is still going strong!

On May 9, the suspenseful medical drama successfully defended its position as the most-watched drama of Wednesday and Thursday nights. According to Nielsen Korea, the latest broadcast of the show scored average viewership ratings of 12.3 percent and 14.2 percent nationwide.

https://www.soompi.com/article/1323386wpp/doctor-prisoner-continues-to-dominate-wednesday-thursday-drama-ratings-battle
  • Like 1
  • Love 1

I feel very torn about what happened to LJH today, I think I have to hand it to the actor portraying him because he really sold the character to me. From the reckless and hateful chaebol in the beginning, to the hilarious and goofy inmate in the middle, to someone who grew up after his father's death at the end. He really wanted to leave jail no matter what because he knows that he has to step-up to protect his mom and sister from his ruthless brother. Sigh, I think MYR is right, NYJ really lost himself and became even more monstrous than them on his path to revenge. :tears:

• Like 1
  • Love 1

I wasn't surprised that NYJ and the gang failed to secure the video showing LJJ trying to kill LJH. It all seems too easy and i can't believe NYJ would think LJJ could easily walked into his trap without having prepared in advance even though he managed have the audio of that episode. The question is: what substance did LJJ inject LJH with? He told NYJ that it was not the same substance he injected his father with. If LJJ knew that it was a set up to trap him the substance he injected into LJH may not be enough to kill him. At the end of episode we see Prosecutor Jung and his team heading in supposedly to arrest LJJ. On what grounds? Was it about the laborers of Taekang chemicals?

• Like 2

Yes, just watched yesterday's eps & I am so stunned by the outcome..... I really hated LJH at the beginning of the series but now I want him to live more.. He surely did bad deeds with killing innocent people on street but he seems to be aware of his sins & wanna reflect on them! :wacko: I think he should stay alive in order to beat his jerk bro!!! And I'd be so happy if opens his eyes or something hopeful in the last ep!

And NYJ lost his smart mind for a second & how could he fall for LJJ's trap so easily..???! I think he won't care if LJH will survive or not, his words are too harsh towards the end for Mrs. Mo! In that case, I totally agree with @MidnightRain friend here! NYJ can go to the extend for his plans but is it wise to use LJJ's own family to destroy him..???! :o Mrs. Mo's reactions aren't that good for NYJ that her second son failed to survive from her elder son because of NYJ's reckless plan!! LJH better survive at the end!! :mellow:

And I dunno if it's Mr. Seon's true self but glad to see that he's besides NYJ to confort him & help him catch the culprit!!! Seon knows that teaming up with NYJ is the only way for him to survive from LJJ! But how they are gonna catch him in the first place..???! I am sure that NYJ has a big card rather than the voice recording of LJJ on his hand!!!! I am desperately waiting for the finale eps!!!! And once again, KBS is smart enough that we have to wait another week only to see the finale of Doctor Prisoner-_- This is torturing!!!!! :bawling:

Tagging dear @bebebisous33 & @@Alice Mendoza chingus as well.... We only have 2 eps now on our fav crime series!!!! :unsure:

Edited by gm4queen
  • Like 5

2 hours ago, gm4queen said:

Yes, just watched yesterday's eps & I am so stunned by the outcome..... I really hated LJH at the beginning of the series but now I want him to live more.. He surely did bad deeds with killing innocent people on street but he seems to be aware of his sins & wanna reflect on them! :wacko: I think he should stay alive in order to beat his jerk bro!!! And I'd be so happy if opens his eyes or something hopeful in the last ep!

And NYJ lost his smart mind for a second & how could he fall for LJJ's trap so easily..???! I think he won't care if LJH will survive or not, his words are too harsh towards the end for Mrs. Mo! In that case, I totally agree with @MidnightRain friend here! NYJ can go to the extend for his plans but is it wise to use LJJ's own family to destroy him..???! :o Mrs. Mo's reactions aren't that good for NYJ that her second son failed to survive from her elder son because of NYJ's reckless plan!! LJH better survive at the end!! :mellow:

And I dunno if it's Mr. Seon's true self but glad to see that he's besides NYJ to confort him & help him catch the culprit!!! Seon knows that teaming up with NYJ is the only way for him to survive from LJJ! But how they are gonna catch him in the first place..???! I am sure that NYJ has a big card rather than the voice recording of LJJ on his hand!!!! I am desperately waiting for the finale eps!!!! And once again, KBS is smart enough that we have to wait another week only to see the finale of Doctor Prisoner-_- This is torturing!!!!! :bawling:

Tagging dear @bebebisous33 & @@Alice Mendoza chingus as well.... We only have 2 eps now on our fav crime series!!!! :unsure:

Honestly, Mo really got on my nerves because she is as selfish and cruel as LJJ in the end. Does she know what NYJ went through? For her, only her family and the company matter. She never cared for the others. LJH is responsible for the death of three persons. Then LJJ is also responsible for the chemical incident and although LJJ covered it up, his father knew about it, just like his wife. Yet they let him cover it up. Did Mo feel grief for the bereaved families? Did she try to help them? Nothing at all. NYJ's reproach is correct. The mistress and her kids had an impact on LJJ... they never tried to include him. The relationship in this family was terrible. They were all selfish and ruthless. To conclude, LJJ became a monster because of the way he was raised and because of his father.

I hope, this family loses the company in the end. 

Maybe Mrs Oh's case could be the evidence for LJJ's downfall. He is definitely connected to her arrest and sentence.

• Like 3
  • Love 1

Not excusing Lee's behavior. Still, if his mom did not commit suicide, and if his dad showed at least some care when it happened...maybe he did not turn out so bad.  But this second family, the mistress, ugh. And why is Mo Ira mad? It wasnt just Ije's fault.  Four of them were supposed to monitor Jaehwan. They should have been more careful.  LJJ is no dummy, of course he would be careful about the cameras.  Yes, it seems everyone is double crossing each other and just lookinf out dor themselves, and that includes that very shrewd Mo Ira and her vile daughter.  Looking forward to see what happens in the end.  For me, it seem Han Bit should be in charge of the company, dont want it to end up with that mother and daughter team.  The deceased chairman was no saint himself.  What a mess. Almost everyone seems like a jerk.

• Like 3
  • Love 1

1 hour ago, bebebisous33 said:

Honestly, Mo really got on my nerves because she is as selfish and cruel as LJJ in the end. Does she know what NYJ went through? For her, only her family and the company matter. She never cared for the others. LJH is responsible for the death of three persons. Then LJJ is also responsible for the chemical incident and although LJJ covered it up, his father knew about it, just like his wife. Yet they let him cover it up. Did Mo feel grief for the bereaved families? Did she try to help them? Nothing at all. NYJ's reproach is correct. The mistress and her kids had an impact on LJJ... they never tried to include him. The relationship in this family was terrible. They were all selfish and ruthless. To conclude, LJJ became a monster because of the way he was raised and because of his father.

I hope, this family loses the company in the end. 

Maybe Mrs Oh's case could be the evidence for LJJ's downfall. He is definitely connected to her arrest and sentence.

I can't imagine how you read my mind exactly on this one, dear!! I just thought Mrs. Mo is a nice lady but she's as same as her evil son! Like son, like mother :angry: And it's a mother's nature that she wants only her kids to be safe & sound!!!! But in this case, should murderers like LJJ & LJH be safe & sound..????! -_- I don't think so! Putting aside LJH, I don't ever forgive a ruthless man like LJJ!! I think Lee family will loses everything on their own! Their so called elder son has turn the tables on the right path & NYJ won't have to try so hard! :huh:

And of course, They have to lose the company to save the other remaining lives of innocent people out there! And if so, who would you like to be the new heir to the Taekang Group & hospital..???! I vote for NYJ!!!! He surely will raise it to the top honor of the country, evacuating the dirt!!!! :) And I also vote for Han Bit as @cherriesblue chingu has mentioned above!!!! And I don't want it to go in hand of Director Seon.... He is the other ruthless guy that I can never forgive! :angry:

Edited by gm4queen
  • Like 3

@gm4queen In my opinion, NYJ's purpose was never to help MYR and her children. Don't forget that the chairman wanted to change the way the company was ruled. Therefore NYJ's true goal has been to take away Taekwang Group from this terrible family. NYJ chose to help Mrs Oh and he has been even matchmaking her with prosecutor Jung. Oh keeps mentioning that she will become the wife's minister... therefore I believe that Oh will play a major part in taking down this family. Don't forget that he handed her over the ownership of Ha Eun Hospital.

• Love 1
  • Insightful 1

27 minutes ago, bebebisous33 said:

@gm4queen In my opinion, NYJ's purpose was never to help MYR and her children. Don't forget that the chairman wanted to change the way the company was ruled. Therefore NYJ's true goal has been to take away Taekwang Group from this terrible family. NYJ chose to help Mrs Oh and he has been even matchmaking her withe prosecutor Jung. Oh keeps mentioning that she will become the wife's minister... therefore I believe that Oh will play a major part in taking down this family. Don't forget that he handed her over the ownership of Ha Eun Hospital.

You've said something that wasn't in my radar, dear....

NYJ doesn't care if LJH survive or not... He only wants the full destruction of the family!!! And Ms. Mo is acting mute but does she really aware of her son's bad deeds that she wants them to be happy & healthy..??! Then I say this, rich people are worse! 

Yes, Ms. Oh is keep mentioning about becoming Jung's wife.. Then is she really innocent or something & she was falsely framed for murdering her husband's mistress by LJJ..???!! Then there will surely be LJJ's traces on this Ms. Oh's case as well! :huh: And is there really a pattern or something unique for LJJ's victims..???! We know NYJ's story & Han bit's story now but how about Ms. Oh..???!! And what if Ms. Oh takes over the Taekang Group & hospital with Prosecutor Jung..??! Nah.... Technically can't be! 

Edited by gm4queen
  • Like 3

2 minutes ago, gm4queen said:

You've said something that wasn't in my radar, dear....

NYJ doesn't care if LJH survive or not... He only wants the full destruction of the family!!! And Ms. Mo is acting mute but does she really aware of her son's bad deeds that she wants them to be happy & healthy..??! Then I say this, rich people are worse! 

Yes, Ms. Oh is keep mentioning about becoming Jung's wife.. Then is she really innocent or something & she was falsely framed for murdering her husband's mistress by LJJ..???!! Then there will surely be LJJ's traces on this Ms. Oh's case as well! :huh: And is there really a pattern or something unique for LJJ's victims..???! We know NYJ's story now but how about Ms. Oh..???!! And what if Ms. Oh takes over the Taekang Group & hospital with Prosecutor Jung..??! Nah.... Technically can't be! 

LJJ is trying to get the amusement park that belonged to Mrs Oh's father. So in my opinion, her husband with LJJ's help framed her for abetting the murder so that she would be sent to prison. Once convicted, her ex-husband could sign a deal with LJJ so that he would take over the amusement park. I doubt that LJJ is interested in the amusement park but in the location. Maybe they have already planned to build that VIP center there.  Why? the husband is linked to Taekwang construction company.  

• Love 1

I love your analysis for Doctor Prisoner as always, dear @bebebisous33 chingu! Then I am with you on this one! Ms. Oh's husband must have ties with LJJ & both framed her for their own good! Then the park should be under her husband right now even though she stated that it's her dads... :D

And what do you about NYJ's master plan to catch LJJ red-handed..???! I dunno if I am missing something here but I sense NYJ has something big in his card pack rather than a mere voice record to reach LJJ!! :o I still can't think about anything big enough to fully break him down!! And NYJ keeps repeating that he's gonna catch LJJ when LJJ's got nothing on his hands! What the meaning would that be..??! :mellow: Is NYJ gonna make sure LJJ loses the Teakang group 1st or what..??! Teakang group's management system is also on the role!! I bet NYJ would use Seon as a bait in order to reach LJJ next week! :o

And little did, we are at the end of the series... Now I am more curious to know how the writer's gonna wrap up bad deeds & end up bad guys in only 1 hr next week!! :) This has been a fantastic ride so far! Hence I guess the writer would give it a proper logical ending next wednesday keeping its intense pace in its place!!! :wub:

Edited by gm4queen
  • Like 3

6 minutes ago, gm4queen said:

I love your analysis for Doctor Prisoner as always, dear @bebebisous33 chingu! Then I am with you on this one! Ms. Oh's husband must have ties with LJJ & both framed her for their own good! Then the park should be under her husband right now even though she stated that it's her dads... :D

And what do you about NYJ's master plan to catch LJJ red-handed..???! I dunno if I am missing something here but I sense NYJ has something big in his card pack rather than a mere voice record to reach LJJ!! :o I still can't think about anything big enough to catch him!! And NYJ keeps repeating that he's gonna catch LJJ when LJJ's got nothing on his hands! What the meaning would that be..??! :mellow: Is NYJ gonna make sure LJJ loses the Teakang group 1st or what..??!

And little did, we are at the end of the series... Now I am more curious to know how the writer's gonna wrap up bad deeds & end up bad guys in only 1 hr next week!! :) This has been a fantastic ride so far! Hence I guess the writer would give it a proper logical ending next wednesday keeping its intense pace in its place!!! :wub:

Based on koreandrama.org we have two episodes left next week. They have changed the number of episodes, 34 episodes instead of 32. 

Park is linked to the media that's why her ex-husband was able to manipulate the media and turn this woman into a cold-blooded "murderer". The hungtinton disease will play a big part in it. Remember that he tried to kill LJH so that the disease wouldn't be mentioned in front of the board meeting.

LJH is not dead yet. Besides, they were about to get Ko's confession.  

• Thanks 2

4 minutes ago, bebebisous33 said:

Based on koreandrama.org we have two episodes left next week. They have changed the number of episodes, 34 episodes instead of 32. 

Park is linked to the media that's why her ex-husband was able to manipulate the media and turn this woman into a cold-blooded "murderer". The hungtinton disease will play a big part in it. Remember that he tried to kill LJH so that the disease wouldn't be mentioned in front of the board meeting.

LJH is not dead yet. Besides, they were about to get Ko's confession.  

Thanks a lot for the eps confirmation, dear!! I was really in a dilemma that how it's gonna wrap up in only 1 hr! Now I am really relieved! :)

And then NYJ's top card would be hungtinton's disease of LJJ & his father! YES I think that's it, dear! LJJ doesn't want in any cost that the disease reveals to the public! Then how can a disarmed man be the heir for teakang group!??? :o I can't wait to see the final eps! Then next wednesday's eps would be the key to finale eps! :) 

And this is smartest doc I've ever seen in a k-drama so far! :wub: Looking forward to see his victory against an evil family!!

• Like 5

I like this drama a lot. I read the plot. I'm going to try to watch it :). It's sad I can only handle 1 or 2 dramas at a time. So I will try! I was backreading. It looks like a lot of you are excited about this drama!

Edit: @gm4queen I like the guy in the picture you posted. He has a sweet smile. This is a dumb question. Is he the main actor?

Edited by 2handsintertwined
:)
  • Like 2
  • LOL 1

22 minutes ago, 2handsintertwined said:

I like this drama a lot. I read the plot. I'm going to try to watch it :). It's sad I can only handle 1 or 2 dramas at a time. So I will try! I was backreading. It looks like a lot of you are excited about this drama!

Edit: @gm4queen I like the guy is picture you posted. He has a sweet smile. This is a dumb question. Is he the main actor?

Hello dear.... Welcome to the thread!

Yes, we are all so excited for the series & next week is the finale! :) You should really try to watch this! It's totally fantastic with not a single boring moment for me! :D I bet you'd love this series once you start watching it!!

And of course, he is the main male lead Namgoong Min! :wub: His smile is really cute & he's so handsome!! More juice for you here!!! :D 

But anyway, see you soon here, friend! :) Have a nice day!!

• Like 4

Hello dear.... Welcome to the thread!

Yes, we are all so excited for the series & next week is the finale! :) You should really try to watch this! It's totally fantastic with not a single boring moment for me! :D I bet you'd love this series once you start watching it!!

And of course, he is the main male lead Namgoong Min! :wub: His smile is really cute & he's so handsome!! More juice for you here!!! :D 

Thank you. So next week is the finale? I am so sad. I missed all the fun. I wanted to watch it with you and everyone else! I will still try to watch it. I don't know much about Namgoong Min. I agree! I think he's really cute and handsome too! AHhhh. You showed me his picture. I might faint!

But anyway, see you soon here, friend! :) Have a nice day!!

I'm sorry. I wish I had been here sooner. You are so kind. Have a nice day too!

Edited by 2handsintertwined
:)
  • Like 1
  • Love 2

10 minutes ago, 2handsintertwined said:

Thank you. So next week is the finale? I am so sad. I missed all the fun. I wanted to watch it with you and everyone else! I will still try to watch it. I don't know much about Namgoong Min. I agree! I think he's really cute and handsome too! AHhhh. You showed me his picture. I might faint!

I'm sorry. I wish I had been here sooner. You are so kind. Have a nice day too!

No worries friend! I think we still have 2 days in this series & it will end on next thursday! :wub: So you have a week to catch up some eps here & join the fun with us!! :wub: Try it dear!!!! :) I guarantee you won't be disappointed so far.... ( I dunno about the finale yet though :D hah haaaa) 

Edited by gm4queen
  • Like 2

I looked 30 ep.
Gorgeous dorama. It remains 3 hours before the final, but the ending does not appear. As before, everyone is trying to beat everyone, the villains are making insidious plans, NYJ is trying to catch everyone ... But how will it all end? Will he punish the villain? Unclear...
But how well all the actors play! I admire! From their game I get goose bumps ...:w00t:
By the way, what happened in prison? What a sudden epidemic? Was she provoked specifically?
PS. The prosecutor and the lady with Falconi anemia are the perfect match! The best romantic line that could be in this drama ...

PS2. How I like the transformation of LJH. How creepy he was at the beginning of the drama, and how he has changed now ... But still, he will need to beg for sins forever!:phew:

• Like 7

Namgoong Min Prepares Thoughtful Gifts To “Doctor Prisoner” Staff Members

a9f70a09d01d4a1a9aac9848dc411a6d.jpeg?s=

Namgoong Min has gifted KBS2’s “Doctor Prisoner” staff members with special presents!

On May 15, a source from Namgoong Min’s agency 935 Entertainment revealed, “Namgoong Min and the staff members of the KBS 2TV drama ‘Doctor Prisoner’ will be going on a vacation to Hawaii. The actor will be covering all of the travel expenses with his own money.” The source added that exact dates of the trip have not been confirmed.

Namgoong Min currently stars in “Doctor Prisoner” as its male lead Na Yi Jae. After premiering to solid viewership ratings of 8.4 percent and 9.8 percent on March 20, the suspenseful medical drama continued to show strength by maintaining its position as the most watched drama in its time slot for several weeks.

https://www.soompi.com/article/1324593wpp/namgoong-min-prepares-thoughtful-gifts-to-doctor-prisoner-staff-members

• Like 5