[Drama 2019] Doctor Prisoner, 닥터 프리즈너

larus

Dear fellow "Prisoners",

We've got our stay of execution granted and are getting out of prison -- today! 

Some things are predicted (MYR & LJI taking charge), some are not. As with most K-dramas I've watched, the endings can be dubious. 

For me:  the most thrilling part is the process of following the development of the story -- each episode ending with a cliffhanger that leaves you craving and excited.  The downside is ... I hate the wait -- week after week ! 

Thank you Doctor Prisoner for filling the void -- I've been waiting for a captivating thriller since Mr Sunshine and Doctor Prisoner did not disappoint.

After also retro-watching NGM in Chief Kim (some scenes leaving me with tears and tummy-ache from laughing too hard, and the bromance with Lee Junho was the BEST, plus ... Lee Junho actually performed better in that show). I am oh so looking forward to NGM's next role. And perhaps I'll see you there too :) 

Cheerios!

• Like 6

Spoiler! (for those who haven't seen the finale)

haha! so LJH being in a coma was a fake after all! not even MYR knew!  NYJ had expected LJJ to inject LJH with the same substance he did his father because he thought LJH had Huntington's diseases. NYJ planned everything and injected LJH with a substance to counter the effects and had LJH record that incriminating conversation He's so smart!!

The ending was good over all. Surprising that Dr Seon wasn't arrested or something like that despite him being a corrupted guy. Anyway I like that Dr Seon and NYJ are working together. I would love to see them in Doctor Prisoner 2, anyone?

• Like 7
  • Love 1

1 hour ago, imgreatgal said:

I would love to see them in Doctor Prisoner 2, anyone?

Honestly? I only want to see NYJ if there's season 2.

I can't take Director Seon. He is tooooo sly and dangerous to be on anyone side as he can just flip any time!

Loved how they took down LJJ!

The open ending seems to be giving us hope for a chance for season 2.

@misspiggie I loved Chief Kim! The part whereby NGM released the laughing gas with the gang members after him in the night club.. I laughed till I cried. LOL

• Like 2
  • LOL 3

12 minutes ago, mrsj3n said:

I can't take Director Seon. He is tooooo sly and dangerous to be on anyone side as he can just flip any time!

ahh! but that will make all the fun to watch. I would love to see NYJ smart moves to counter Director Seon

• Like 4

1 hour ago, imgreatgal said:

ahh! but that will make all the fun to watch. I would love to see NYJ smart moves to counter Director Seon

I know!

But my heart and brain cannot take it. :joy:

• Like 1
  • LOL 2

Yes, I wan't able to hold my patient for any longer & watched final eps pronto this morning! And I think I like the way it ended its run!

So, Na Yi Jae finally won the battle & he's the smartest doctor I've ever seen not only in a kdrama but also in real life! He knows all the cards on the table! :) I honestly though that Mr. Seon must be a top villain of the show! But he is kind of good & bad at the same time... Some how he got his luck joining hands with Na Yi Jae for his own good! Is he a politician that switching sides when the things are bad for him..??!! :wacko: Not so good!

And I am relived that Le Jae Hwan is finally on board with good people like Na Yi Jae! And can't express my feelings for Lee Jae Jun that he received the treat he deserved! :thumbsup: Very well done, Na Yi Jae!! I think the world is now a better place without jerks like Lee Jae Jun in control! But at the end of the finale, Na Yi Jae got a call that Lee Jae Jun hurt himself & Na Yi Jae simply said to leave him alone... What's going on..??! What is that mean..??! By chance, Lee Jae Jun commit suicide & Na Yi Jae's revenge mission of 3 yrs finally completed..??!! :o I really want to know!

And finally, I really enjoyed this show when it aired & never had a single boring moment!! Feel sad that it is finished!! :( And this series had high viewer ratings & I believe Namgoong Min is a popular actor in K-drama land!! But how come this thread only has 13 pages even the series ended its run..???! This thread should have reached at least 50 pages by now..... But no!!!! :mellow: What a shame!!!!

image_readtop_2019_317719_15578782013749

Have a nice day, you all :heart:

• Like 5
  • Love 1
  • Insightful 1

I thoroughly enjoyed the series! Week after week it had kept me hooked to it. There was never a dull moment. NGM being so charming and such a fabulous actor helped. The cat and mouse chase was just what the doctor ordered after I finished The Last Empress and there was nothing to fill the void. The plot was  intelligently crafted. I hope we get Season 2 and it is as tightly knitted as Season 1. Rooting for NYJ.

Also, I would take to mention the amazing job the villains did. Both Dr. Seon and LJJ. Gosh, LJJ was soooooooooo creepy. That cold hearted smile of his, his whistling ... *shudders* The actor did a brilliant job of acting like this cold,  ruthless, merciless 'murderer'. I tried to sympathize with him after his back story was revealed but he was beyond redemption.

As for Dr Seon, that cunning smile! The shrewd expressions! All three main actors did a fantastic job in  my opinion.   Thankfully, there was no 'romance' to dilute the thriller. Though TBH, I thoroughly enjoyed the romance between Prosecutor Jung and Ms. Oh! They provided the much need comic relief when things got too tense. 

Overall, definitely one of the best series of the year 2019 and definitely added to my list of favourites with The Last Empress.   Bidding it goodbye with a heavy heart. Hope to see the charming MGN soon! :wub:

• Like 6
  • Love 2

7 hours ago, gm4queen said:

And finally, I really enjoyed this show when it aired & never had a single boring moment!! Feel sad that it is finished!! :( And this series had high viewer ratings & I believe Namgoong Min is a popular actor in K-drama land!! But how come this thread only has 13 pages even the series ended its run..???! This thread should have reached at least 50 pages by now..... But no!!!! :mellow: What a shame!!!!

When i first joined this thread i was quiet surprised too that it had only reached 10 pages even when the drama was nearing its completion. I assume the only factor is that there was zero romance in the drama. Maybe if there is Doctor Prisoner2 i want Dr Han paired with NYJ with some added romance and probably we'll get to see these pages moving. 

• Like 3
  • Love 2

• Guest changed the title to [Drama 2019] Doctor Prisoner, 닥터 프리즈너

“Doctor Prisoner” Cast Share Their Affection And Gratitude For The Drama After Its Finale

by C. Hong
09e6dc18b84345b49f0fea4b4eb43378.jpeg?s=

Namgoong Min, Nara, Choi Won Young, and many other cast members of KBS’s hit drama “Doctor Prisoner” thanked viewers and expressed affection for the show after its finale.

“Doctor Prisoner” aired its last episode on May 15 and held on to its No. 1 spot at the top of its time slot, with ratings as high as 15.8 percent.

Through his agency, Namgoong Min stated, “First, I’d like to thank the director, writer, my seniors and juniors and fellow cast members, and the crew members on set for working day and night in order to make a good production. Because of you, I was able to enjoy the experience of filming, which felt both very long and very short. I was very lucky to come across a project like ‘Doctor Prisoner.’ I’ve never played an anti-hero before, but I was able to grow as an actor because of this role. I will remember this character for a long time. I thank all the viewers who loved ‘Doctor Prisoner’ from the bottom of my heart.”

Nara took to Instagram to write, “Thank you for loving ‘Doctor Prisoner,’ as well as my character of So Geum. I was happy to be able to work with an amazing director and writer, hardworking crew members, and seniors whom I respect.”

more https://www.soompi.com/article/1325036wpp/doctor-prisoner-cast-share-their-affection-and-gratitude-for-the-drama-after-its-finale
  • Like 4
  • Love 1
  • Thanks 1

Hello dear @Alice Mendoza chingu, I am so glad to see you here!! :) 

He he he.... I am a bit upset that this thread doesn't have many pages even though the series is one of a kind!!! :huh: Namgoong min really nailed this series from the very beginning to the very end! I am so impressed by his acting as Na Yi Jae here! :heart: You definitely must watch this chingu... You'll be blown away by this handsome guy! OMO, does he normally wear glasses..??! Looking so cute! :D

And I seriously enjoyed every bit of this drama! I never had a boring moment with anyone! The cast is excellent & each member had a bid role in the plot!! :blush: I really like this drama a lot dear!! I can't wait to hear your reviews on this one!!!

See you soon.... :)

• Like 3
  • Love 1

Namgoong Min Clarifies Reports About His Gifts To “Doctor Prisoner” Staff Members

by Y. Shin

1aafe0430e9f4feb8ece9bbac2424406.jpeg?s=

Namgoong Min has cleared up rumors regarding his recent gift to staff members of KBS’s hit drama “Doctor Prisoner.”

On the May 17 broadcast KBS 2TV’s “Entertainment Weekly,” the program visited the show’s finale party and told Namgoong Min, “We’re hearing about a really lovely announcement right now.” On May 15, it was revealed that Namgoong Min would be covering the travel expenses of his and the “Doctor Prisoner” staff members’ vacation trip to Hawaii with his own money.

Upon hearing the reporter’s words, Namgoong Min was taken aback and nervously replied, “I don’t know who wrote that article.” He then explained, “I only took 10 of my staff members. If I took all of the staff members, it would have cost at least 300 million won [approximately $250,000].”

https://www.soompi.com/article/1325202wpp/namgoong-min-clarifies-reports-about-his-gifts-to-doctor-prisoner-staff-members

• Like 2
  • LOL 1
  • Thanks 1

On 5/17/2019 at 6:09 PM, gm4queen said:

Hello dear @Alice Mendoza chingu, I am so glad to see you here!! :) 

He he he.... I am a bit upset that this thread doesn't have many pages even though the series is one of a kind!!! :huh: Namgoong min really nailed this series from the very beginning to the very end! I am so impressed by his acting as Na Yi Jae here! :heart: You definitely must watch this chingu... You'll be blown away by this handsome guy! OMO, does he normally wear glasses..??! Looking so cute! :D

And I seriously enjoyed every bit of this drama! I never had a boring moment with anyone! The cast is excellent & each member had a bid role in the plot!! :blush: I really like this drama a lot dear!! I can't wait to hear your reviews on this one!!!

See you soon.... :)

yeahh he normally wear glasses sometimes :D he also has been wearing glasses since young but got LASEK surgery few years after his debut.

I am also enjoying this drama to the fullest, all the cast was amazing and really admiring anti-hero character that Namgoong Min bring in flawlesslyyy:wub::rolleyes:

Edited by Jillia
Please do not quote IGs! Thanks! :)
  • Like 1
  • Love 1

Marathoned this drama over the past couple of days.  I have to say that it was a pleasant change to see Namgoong Min in a different role--other the silly lead male.  However, I have to say that the drama is over the top and every "doctor" in this drama should have their license revoked. They exploited their knowledge of medicine for their own selfish needs whether it was for greed or revenge. The drama needed some balance.....a reality check now and then.

Side note:  It was interesting to see the use of oversized SUVs.  I think this is a first for me in my k-drama watching.

• Like 1
  • Love 1

Namgoong Min Reveals Thoughts On Potential 2nd Season Of “Doctor Prisoner”

by R. Jun
8f3370feec504e18971b4d64d3d586df.jpeg?s=

After the success of his recent drama “Doctor Prisoner,” which concluded with finale ratings of 15.8 percent, Namgoong Min talked about demands for a second season.

He said, “There were a lot of requests for a second season after ‘Chief Kim,’ and this time as well, a lot of people have said the subject matter is great. I was the lead of the drama and I feel positive [about a second season] after wrapping on a good note, but it’s really complicated with financial matters and the production company and broadcast station.”

Namgoong Min said that if they do end up moving forward with a second season, he can’t sign on without seeing the script first.

“I absolutely have to see if the setup of the story is enough to carry through 16 episodes, and whether it’s as fleshed out or more so than the first season.”

The actor said his decision to join a project isn’t character-driven. “Even now, after seeing a script, I don’t think, ‘I’ve done this kind of character before, so next time I’ll play someone nice.’ Rather, if the script is fun and well-done, I’ll do any character. If the script feels incomplete, I think the decision not to do it is like a promise with the 100 [staff] members.”

more

https://www.soompi.com/article/1326358wpp/namgoong-min-reveals-thoughts-on-potential-2nd-season-of-doctor-prisoner
  • Like 4
  • Love 1
  • Thanks 1