Quantcast
larus

[Drama 2019] Doctor Prisoner, 닥터 프리즈너

4 minutes ago, bebebisous33 said:

Based on koreandrama.org we have two episodes left next week. They have changed the number of episodes, 34 episodes instead of 32. 

Park is linked to the media that's why her ex-husband was able to manipulate the media and turn this woman into a cold-blooded "murderer". The hungtinton disease will play a big part in it. Remember that he tried to kill LJH so that the disease wouldn't be mentioned in front of the board meeting.

LJH is not dead yet. Besides, they were about to get Ko's confession.  

Thanks a lot for the eps confirmation, dear!! I was really in a dilemma that how it's gonna wrap up in only 1 hr! Now I am really relieved! :)

And then NYJ's top card would be hungtinton's disease of LJJ & his father! YES I think that's it, dear! LJJ doesn't want in any cost that the disease reveals to the public! Then how can a disarmed man be the heir for teakang group!??? :o I can't wait to see the final eps! Then next wednesday's eps would be the key to finale eps! :) 

And this is smartest doc I've ever seen in a k-drama so far! :wub: Looking forward to see his victory against an evil family!!

• Like 7

Posted (edited)

I like this drama a lot. I read the plot. I'm going to try to watch it :). It's sad I can only handle 1 or 2 dramas at a time. So I will try! I was backreading. It looks like a lot of you are excited about this drama!

Edit: @gm4queen I like the guy in the picture you posted. He has a sweet smile. This is a dumb question. Is he the main actor?

Edited by 2handsintertwined
:)
  • Like 2
  • LOL 1

22 minutes ago, 2handsintertwined said:

I like this drama a lot. I read the plot. I'm going to try to watch it :). It's sad I can only handle 1 or 2 dramas at a time. So I will try! I was backreading. It looks like a lot of you are excited about this drama!

Edit: @gm4queen I like the guy is picture you posted. He has a sweet smile. This is a dumb question. Is he the main actor?

Hello dear.... Welcome to the thread!

Yes, we are all so excited for the series & next week is the finale! :) You should really try to watch this! It's totally fantastic with not a single boring moment for me! :D I bet you'd love this series once you start watching it!!

And of course, he is the main male lead Namgoong Min! :wub: His smile is really cute & he's so handsome!! More juice for you here!!! :D 

But anyway, see you soon here, friend! :) Have a nice day!!

• Like 6

Posted (edited)
6 minutes ago, gm4queen said:

Hello dear.... Welcome to the thread!

Yes, we are all so excited for the series & next week is the finale! :) You should really try to watch this! It's totally fantastic with not a single boring moment for me! :D I bet you'd love this series once you start watching it!!

And of course, he is the main male lead Namgoong Min! :wub: His smile is really cute & he's so handsome!! More juice for you here!!! :D 

Thank you. So next week is the finale? I am so sad. I missed all the fun. I wanted to watch it with you and everyone else! I will still try to watch it. I don't know much about Namgoong Min. I agree! I think he's really cute and handsome too! AHhhh. You showed me his picture. I might faint!

6 minutes ago, gm4queen said:

But anyway, see you soon here, friend! :) Have a nice day!!

I'm sorry. I wish I had been here sooner. You are so kind. Have a nice day too!

Edited by 2handsintertwined
:)
  • Like 1
  • Love 2

Posted (edited)
10 minutes ago, 2handsintertwined said:

Thank you. So next week is the finale? I am so sad. I missed all the fun. I wanted to watch it with you and everyone else! I will still try to watch it. I don't know much about Namgoong Min. I agree! I think he's really cute and handsome too! AHhhh. You showed me his picture. I might faint!

I'm sorry. I wish I had been here sooner. You are so kind. Have a nice day too!

No worries friend! I think we still have 2 days in this series & it will end on next thursday! :wub: So you have a week to catch up some eps here & join the fun with us!! :wub: Try it dear!!!! :) I guarantee you won't be disappointed so far.... ( I dunno about the finale yet though :D hah haaaa) 

Edited by gm4queen
  • Like 4

I looked 30 ep.
Gorgeous dorama. It remains 3 hours before the final, but the ending does not appear. As before, everyone is trying to beat everyone, the villains are making insidious plans, NYJ is trying to catch everyone ... But how will it all end? Will he punish the villain? Unclear...
But how well all the actors play! I admire! From their game I get goose bumps ...:w00t:
By the way, what happened in prison? What a sudden epidemic? Was she provoked specifically?
PS. The prosecutor and the lady with Falconi anemia are the perfect match! The best romantic line that could be in this drama ...

PS2. How I like the transformation of LJH. How creepy he was at the beginning of the drama, and how he has changed now ... But still, he will need to beg for sins forever!:phew:

• Like 7

Namgoong Min Prepares Thoughtful Gifts To “Doctor Prisoner” Staff Members

a9f70a09d01d4a1a9aac9848dc411a6d.jpeg?s=

Namgoong Min has gifted KBS2’s “Doctor Prisoner” staff members with special presents!

On May 15, a source from Namgoong Min’s agency 935 Entertainment revealed, “Namgoong Min and the staff members of the KBS 2TV drama ‘Doctor Prisoner’ will be going on a vacation to Hawaii. The actor will be covering all of the travel expenses with his own money.” The source added that exact dates of the trip have not been confirmed.

Namgoong Min currently stars in “Doctor Prisoner” as its male lead Na Yi Jae. After premiering to solid viewership ratings of 8.4 percent and 9.8 percent on March 20, the suspenseful medical drama continued to show strength by maintaining its position as the most watched drama in its time slot for several weeks.

https://www.soompi.com/article/1324593wpp/namgoong-min-prepares-thoughtful-gifts-to-doctor-prisoner-staff-members

• Like 6

Dear fellow "Prisoners",

We've got our stay of execution granted and are getting out of prison -- today! 

Some things are predicted (MYR & LJI taking charge), some are not. As with most K-dramas I've watched, the endings can be dubious. 

For me:  the most thrilling part is the process of following the development of the story -- each episode ending with a cliffhanger that leaves you craving and excited.  The downside is ... I hate the wait -- week after week ! 

Thank you Doctor Prisoner for filling the void -- I've been waiting for a captivating thriller since Mr Sunshine and Doctor Prisoner did not disappoint.

After also retro-watching NGM in Chief Kim (some scenes leaving me with tears and tummy-ache from laughing too hard, and the bromance with Lee Junho was the BEST, plus ... Lee Junho actually performed better in that show). I am oh so looking forward to NGM's next role. And perhaps I'll see you there too :) 

Cheerios!

• Like 7

Spoiler! (for those who haven't seen the finale)

haha! so LJH being in a coma was a fake after all! not even MYR knew!  NYJ had expected LJJ to inject LJH with the same substance he did his father because he thought LJH had Huntington's diseases. NYJ planned everything and injected LJH with a substance to counter the effects and had LJH record that incriminating conversation He's so smart!!

The ending was good over all. Surprising that Dr Seon wasn't arrested or something like that despite him being a corrupted guy. Anyway I like that Dr Seon and NYJ are working together. I would love to see them in Doctor Prisoner 2, anyone?

• Like 7
  • Love 1

1 hour ago, imgreatgal said:

I would love to see them in Doctor Prisoner 2, anyone?

Honestly? I only want to see NYJ if there's season 2.

I can't take Director Seon. He is tooooo sly and dangerous to be on anyone side as he can just flip any time!

Loved how they took down LJJ!

The open ending seems to be giving us hope for a chance for season 2.

@misspiggie I loved Chief Kim! The part whereby NGM released the laughing gas with the gang members after him in the night club.. I laughed till I cried. LOL

• Like 2
  • LOL 3

12 minutes ago, mrsj3n said:

I can't take Director Seon. He is tooooo sly and dangerous to be on anyone side as he can just flip any time!

ahh! but that will make all the fun to watch. I would love to see NYJ smart moves to counter Director Seon

• Like 4

• Like 5

Have not seen the last episodes.  So LJJ would be in jail?  What about Seon? Likewise, not a fan of that mother and daughter team.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, imgreatgal said:

ahh! but that will make all the fun to watch. I would love to see NYJ smart moves to counter Director Seon

I know!

But my heart and brain cannot take it. :joy:

• Like 1
  • LOL 2

Yes, I wan't able to hold my patient for any longer & watched final eps pronto this morning! And I think I like the way it ended its run!

So, Na Yi Jae finally won the battle & he's the smartest doctor I've ever seen not only in a kdrama but also in real life! He knows all the cards on the table! :) I honestly though that Mr. Seon must be a top villain of the show! But he is kind of good & bad at the same time... Some how he got his luck joining hands with Na Yi Jae for his own good! Is he a politician that switching sides when the things are bad for him..??!! :wacko: Not so good!

And I am relived that Le Jae Hwan is finally on board with good people like Na Yi Jae! And can't express my feelings for Lee Jae Jun that he received the treat he deserved! :thumbsup: Very well done, Na Yi Jae!! I think the world is now a better place without jerks like Lee Jae Jun in control! But at the end of the finale, Na Yi Jae got a call that Lee Jae Jun hurt himself & Na Yi Jae simply said to leave him alone... What's going on..??! What is that mean..??! By chance, Lee Jae Jun commit suicide & Na Yi Jae's revenge mission of 3 yrs finally completed..??!! :o I really want to know!

And finally, I really enjoyed this show when it aired & never had a single boring moment!! Feel sad that it is finished!! :( And this series had high viewer ratings & I believe Namgoong Min is a popular actor in K-drama land!! But how come this thread only has 13 pages even the series ended its run..???! This thread should have reached at least 50 pages by now..... But no!!!! :mellow: What a shame!!!!

image_readtop_2019_317719_15578782013749

Have a nice day, you all :heart:

• Like 8
  • Love 1
  • Insightful 1

I thoroughly enjoyed the series! Week after week it had kept me hooked to it. There was never a dull moment. NGM being so charming and such a fabulous actor helped. The cat and mouse chase was just what the doctor ordered after I finished The Last Empress and there was nothing to fill the void. The plot was  intelligently crafted. I hope we get Season 2 and it is as tightly knitted as Season 1. Rooting for NYJ.

Also, I would take to mention the amazing job the villains did. Both Dr. Seon and LJJ. Gosh, LJJ was soooooooooo creepy. That cold hearted smile of his, his whistling ... *shudders* The actor did a brilliant job of acting like this cold,  ruthless, merciless 'murderer'. I tried to sympathize with him after his back story was revealed but he was beyond redemption.

As for Dr Seon, that cunning smile! The shrewd expressions! All three main actors did a fantastic job in  my opinion.   Thankfully, there was no 'romance' to dilute the thriller. Though TBH, I thoroughly enjoyed the romance between Prosecutor Jung and Ms. Oh! They provided the much need comic relief when things got too tense. 

Overall, definitely one of the best series of the year 2019 and definitely added to my list of favourites with The Last Empress.   Bidding it goodbye with a heavy heart. Hope to see the charming MGN soon! :wub:

• Like 6
  • Love 2

7 hours ago, gm4queen said:

And finally, I really enjoyed this show when it aired & never had a single boring moment!! Feel sad that it is finished!! :( And this series had high viewer ratings & I believe Namgoong Min is a popular actor in K-drama land!! But how come this thread only has 13 pages even the series ended its run..???! This thread should have reached at least 50 pages by now..... But no!!!! :mellow: What a shame!!!!

When i first joined this thread i was quiet surprised too that it had only reached 10 pages even when the drama was nearing its completion. I assume the only factor is that there was zero romance in the drama. Maybe if there is Doctor Prisoner2 i want Dr Han paired with NYJ with some added romance and probably we'll get to see these pages moving. 

• Like 3
  • Love 2

“Doctor Prisoner” Cast Share Their Affection And Gratitude For The Drama After Its Finale

by C. Hong
09e6dc18b84345b49f0fea4b4eb43378.jpeg?s=

Namgoong Min, Nara, Choi Won Young, and many other cast members of KBS’s hit drama “Doctor Prisoner” thanked viewers and expressed affection for the show after its finale.

“Doctor Prisoner” aired its last episode on May 15 and held on to its No. 1 spot at the top of its time slot, with ratings as high as 15.8 percent.

Through his agency, Namgoong Min stated, “First, I’d like to thank the director, writer, my seniors and juniors and fellow cast members, and the crew members on set for working day and night in order to make a good production. Because of you, I was able to enjoy the experience of filming, which felt both very long and very short. I was very lucky to come across a project like ‘Doctor Prisoner.’ I’ve never played an anti-hero before, but I was able to grow as an actor because of this role. I will remember this character for a long time. I thank all the viewers who loved ‘Doctor Prisoner’ from the bottom of my heart.”

Nara took to Instagram to write, “Thank you for loving ‘Doctor Prisoner,’ as well as my character of So Geum. I was happy to be able to work with an amazing director and writer, hardworking crew members, and seniors whom I respect.”

more https://www.soompi.com/article/1325036wpp/doctor-prisoner-cast-share-their-affection-and-gratitude-for-the-drama-after-its-finale
  • Like 5
  • Love 1
  • Thanks 1

@gm4queen - Hi My Dear! Ok, I’m finally here!! I have watched the first 12 episodes, so now I am going to BINGE watch the rest! 

Even from the start, NGM is just DAEBAK!! 

• Like 1
  • Love 1

@imgreatgal - Yes, it’s probably because Dr Prisoner is not a rom-com and there’s no romance - so there’s not much speculation or shipping, etc.

But the plot is so convoluted - so I was expecting more discussion!

• Like 5