Quantcast
0ly40

[Drama 2019] Kill It, 킬잇

3 minutes ago, thistle said:

....and I'm gonna stop lurking on this thread so that Kill It isn't wrecked for me.  I wish that people would share good things instead of just negatives.  It's very discouraging.  

Sorry you feel that way. Definitely not intending for you to be discouraged. However, that’s what this industry is all about. It’s very rare for a show to satisfy all viewers 100%. No matter how good, or bad, vice versa - they are. Also, as a consumer, we all have our rights to critic and/or love the show.  

There are definitely good parts of Kill It. Like the cinematography, the casts, etc. just not very happy with the storyline... 

• Like 4

2 hours ago, elizabeth said:

I don’t watch a lot of Korean dramas so I could be wrong but I feel like when it comes to dramas, the action/thriller/dark/gory theme never really satisfy me but I guess because it can be too violent so they don’t go that extreme. I still think the first IRIS drama is probably the most satisfying action drama I’ve watched. Kill It has potential.. was hoping for at least 16 episodes. I think 12 is too short to cover their storyline and including their past but overall, I actually enjoy watching this drama. 

Agreed- I found out the hard way.

I was into Korean films way before shows and films like I Saw the Devil, The Man from Nowhere, The Chaser, Memories of Murder, Bedevilled, Dirty Carnival, Oldboy etc I absolutely loved and it was what made me try some Korean shows out. Remember posting on the the kdrama recommends reddit page to give me something similar and I must have tried like 4/5 shows before realising it's futile

I always found the disconnect between the content for film and tv shows off in SK, as some of their films are so richard simmons up - but I guess it's more down to the limitations of what they can show on TV because those films I mentioned didn't seem to do too bad in the Korean box office so there's clearly an audience there if they did it.

• Like 1
  • Insightful 1

Well Nana throws darts in the drama but JKY is pretty darn good at it in real life.  Watch this video 

• Like 4
  • LOL 1

Have finished Ep.1-2:

Enjoyed the episodes, even if some of the fight scenes logic didn't make sense to me. I also didn't like the  end scenes of Ep. 2 where DHJ & the police are raiding the mafia/sex traffickers hideout. The actions and reactions of DHJ  police woman character didn't ring true for me.  The whole scene was awkward.  I'm guessing the little girl in the wheelchair is Soo Hyun's biological sister and the woman is his mother? I don't think Soo Hyun and Hyun Jin are blood related.  From the flashbacks, Hyun Jin was  taken in by the family to be a substitute daughter. My guess is that the little sister died and the mother couldn't handle it, so the father's solution was to find a lookalike, which is Do Hyun Jin.  We saw him telling Hyun Jin about how the photograph on the wall was "your and your mom's favorite ballerina,remember that", so DHJ was obviously supposed to replace the daughter.  I'll be interested to learn more about why the father ordered Soo Hyun killed. Also, is the  family secretary the client?  I thought she kind of looked like the woman who visited Philip's apartment to order the asassinations.  I wonder what was the significance of the house with the creepy statues of children that got blown up? Loved the "date" at the shooting arcade, and how are 2 leads are getting interested in each other. I'm looking forward to the next episodes. 

• Like 4

On 3/28/2019 at 1:17 PM, anony12345 said:

Also hopefully no-more cringy slo-mo's like the one we got at the end of episode 2 - I wanted a dark thriller damn it

Agree. 

If you've ever seen dramas like Mr. Sunshine, its filled with slo mo effects and dramatized music. These are fine in melodramas or panoramic/scenic views but for an action/thriller w/ close up shots, these kinds of sequence cause scenes that's suppose to have high octane energy to lose impact/tension.

• Like 4

Does anyone know the airing schedule for VIU?  I know the drama is Sat-Sun, but I thought I read somewhere that VIU schedule is Sun-Mon? Is that correct? Thanks in advance.

• Like 1

4 hours ago, Table122000 said:

Does anyone know the airing schedule for VIU?  I know the drama is Sat-Sun, but I thought I read somewhere that VIU schedule is Sun-Mon? Is that correct? Thanks in advance.

I am pretty sure that is correct. Because it is being subbed, it gets released a day later.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Well today's episode was pretty intense, not sure about what was going on but I'll wait for the subs of course.

Not suprised with the love scenes, I read some articles that came out during actors casting and they described the drama as "melo-thriller" so.

I'm anticipating DHJ's reaction when she'll know that KSH probably killed her ex boyfriend. I don't think she will completely turn against him, they will probably team up in the last few episodes against DHY's father. Anyway, this drama screams sad ending.

• Like 2

53 minutes ago, imnanastyle said:

Well today's episode was pretty intense, not sure about what was going on but I'll wait for the subs of course.

Not suprised with the love scenes, I read some articles that came out during actors casting and they described the drama as "melo-thriller" so.

Hide contents

I'm anticipating DHJ's reaction when she'll know that KSH probably killed her ex boyfriend. I don't think she will completely turn against him, they will probably team up in the last few episodes against DHY's father. Anyway, this drama screams sad ending.

After today's episode, I don't think KSH was the one who killed her boyfriend. Seul Gi had a flashback where she saw a man wearing a green coat next to the body of DHJ's boyfriend and then sometime later KSH found her, but he was wearing a black leather coat, so there were at least two people at the crime scene that day. 

• Like 7

On 3/28/2019 at 8:17 PM, anony12345 said:

Sort of agree that it's not the most creative show so far and I am someone that a bit disappointed with how it has started but you're oversimplifying it quite a bit.

Especially because it looks ike the FL's "family" is probably the ML's real family. His dad wanted to kill him for some reason. Assuming his sister also died/is around somewhere. Or the girl in the family pic could be a friend when he was young which is the FL (this would be lame though and predictable with the childhood connection kdramas love). Or they're brother and sister which would definitely move the show into a more unpredictable and dark territory but I'd be surprised if they went that way.

There are plot threads there to make it interesting and unpredictable but considering there's only 12 episodes hopefully these start getting threaded soon.

Also hopefully no-more cringy slo-mo's like the one we got at the end of episode 2 - I wanted a dark thriller damn it

Oh jeez it looks like this is what we're getting in the end - can't help but be a bit disappointed.

Feel like Nana might be the girl that "died" in the fire - whether or not the dad knew that when he adopted her is another thing. Can just envisage a scene later on where the guy he tried to frame for killing his family with the fire will be close to getting his revenge and then the FL's adopted dad will be like "Your daughters alive" . Maybe he adopted her to keep her close for this exact reason.

Also it'd make sense that the FL's real dad (if he is that) would know the truth about the ML's past as he was good friends with the FL's adopted dad who is supposedly the ML's real dad (all the talk about IV treatment and the research makes me think the ML could have been conceived through IVF or something along those lines but that's a reach) - it'd then be a massive coincidence for both kids to meet at an orphanage but it's a kdrama so.

So the secretary the adopted dad is getting with is working with the real dad that was framed as she's the one doing the ordering on the real dads behalf (for reasons unknown) to get revenge on everyone that wronged him and is using the knowledge the real FL's dad has of his childhood to entice him. Assuming the FL is on that list because he thinks she's his enemies daughter and he killed his so.

Also looks like they're mimicking what happened with the main lead and his "mentor" with the ML and the girl - assuming he was ordered to kill her as well (/get rid of witnesses) but didn't. He then decided to stay close to watch out for her whilst she led a normal life, choosing a different route to his mentor. What's the link between the FL's dead boyfriend and the girl, have they mentioned?

Not gonna lie throughout episode 3 I was getting pretty frustrated with the story as it hasn't been what I was hoping for (some predictable thing were happening and he wasn't being ruthless) and was thinking I'll just wait for the whole show to finish, seeing the general consensus and then deciding - but luckily he pulled the trigger at the end of the ep because if he didn't I feel like I would have definitely ditched out. 

• Like 2

@anony12345 I'm glad he pulled the trigger too. He's been lenient long enough. Now let's see if he'll off Philip as he should for selling him out.

Edit: New OST

• Like 1
  • Love 1

*Spoilers for episode 3*

The girl did not seem shocked that SH could fight, plus I think she saw him when she was younger, so does that mean she knows he is an assasin? Also I’m guessing the male lead is a product of that experiment they did which could explain his blue eyes. 

• Like 1

@nateko How is this drama so far? I know, when it comes to crime/thriller dramas, we have a similar taste. I read so many negative comments, therefore I am hesitating. 

• Like 1

9 hours ago, bebebisous33 said:

@nateko How is this drama so far? I know, when it comes to crime/thriller dramas, we have a similar taste. I read so many negative comments, therefore I am hesitating. 

@bebebisous33  Well honestly, I don’t have a negative opinion about Kill it, I don’t really have a problem with it at all. I’ll even go as far as to say that I thoroughly enjoy it. The first two episodes were good enough to hook me in and I was waiting for this week’s episodes quite impatiently. Let me tell you eps. 3-4 did not disappoint. They picked up the pace significantly and the fact that this is a 12 episode drama makes me think that the pace won’t slow down.

So far, I’m pretty satisfied with what I saw. The drama doesn’t try to be something that it’s not and stays true to what was originally advertised – “a story of a killer and a detective whose fates are intertwined in an unimaginable way, a fate that they cannot escape even if they try” (or something along the lines that was advertised in all articles in Korea). It has everything that you would normally expect from OCN, it’s not too dark like Bad Guys or even Voice but it’s significantly better than OCN’s previous drama Priest (and heck I really tried to like that one but alas).

Kill it has a different charm and you do get a thriller but with a hint of romance here and there. I think a lot of people might have a problem with that, thinking that if there is romance then it’s too fluffy to be a gritting thriller. I don’t agree with it because OCN knows how to balance these things in their thrillers. Personally, I’m a big fan of romance in thrillers when it’s well executed, doesn’t deter from the main storyline and only adds to the overall quality, but here the main story IS about the main leads and their connection (I mean that’s the whole point).

Kill it spends more time on its characters and their relationships instead of only focusing on one case/one villain per episode. The romance part in here (which is still pretty subtle at this point) doesn’t even distract me or seem out of place, if anything I actually find it pretty organic and that’s why it works for me perfectly. I love both main leads and dare I say they look absolutely fantastic together, whoever casted them lucked out big time. The acting is also ok, haven’t seen Nana in much but she is good here.

The signature OCN feels and visuals are up there, the lighting they use reminds me of the one in Voice (it really seems like the lighting director might be the same and he’s really good). The plot has potential but the directing sometimes is lacking. They definitely have things to polish and some scenes are a bit cheesy, but it doesn’t bother my overall viewing experience (negative comments do, I’ll be honest, and they almost stopped me from watching the drama).

To summarize, if you pick apart Kill It and analyze plot, characters, pace, directing etc. separately, you’ll find faults, but if you view it as a whole entity, I say it’s pretty good. Voice is one of my favourite dramas of all time but if I were to pick it apart - it has lots of faults as well, but it didn’t affect my overall impression. In that regard, Kill it is similar. I definitely recommend watching the first two episodes before making any judgement, if anything they won’t be a complete waste of your time.

• Like 10
  • Love 1

Just finished episode 4 and this drama still giving me that unsatisfied feeling - think I came in with too high expectations and a preconceived notion of what I might get with it being on OCN. 

Personally not a fan of the romantic undertones and the preview for next week looks like we'll be getting more of it (really why did they have to go for the generic friends at childhood trope) which is disappointing. Was enjoying most of episode 4 and then they have the scene where the ML sees the FL and the prosecutor shaking hands and he has a bit of a jealous scene in his house afterwards - lame af. Lost the goodwill I had built up after he offed the guy at the end of ep 3. 

When you have an assassin and a younger girl I guess you always think Leon (I did after the first ep) and they even mention the film in episode 4 so I'm hoping this means we get more development/interactions between the ML and the girl soon. I mentioned after the first two episodes that I think it'd be much better if they used that relationship to humanise and develop the ML rather than a romantic one but I admittedly don't have high hopes for that.

So looks like the ML is probably some engineered kid of some sort, wonder if that means the FL is as well. Though from all the dialogue in ep 4 and with how his picture was torn out in that politicians house it would indicate there's something special about him compared to everyone else at the orphanage.

Also he seemed to know the name of the orphanage so was the address hidden or was a reason he hadn't gone there before?

Also the prosecutor character is smiling way too much - giving me the creeps.

• Like 1
  • Insightful 1

The simplest connections all the character's made me interested in this drama, the writer seems no need played to secrecy and played mind game with  viewers by guessing to many inquiry.

The storyline obviously so simple/cliches but that's make this drama worthy to waiting.

For the critical viewers this drama would end in their mind even before episodes 5:grin: i guess.

But still the strong acting and the good directing will held some of viewers to roots this drama till the end.

Or when you get bored to bloody cliche story over this drama may you just "go upstairs " will you..:lol:

Missed Nana acting since the good housewife  finally she finds  good project to reestablish her good acting :thumbsup:

Excited waiting next episode.

• Like 5

Finished Ep.3-4

OK, I'm still a bit confused about the big conspiracy plot here. So, Chairman Do owns a genetic research company?  20 years ago, they were working on infertility/in vitro fertilization/embryos and that included some type of genetic engineering experiments. Research scientist guy finds out that the company is doing illegal/unethical genetic experiments on orphan children using the orphanage as a cover for their "lab". He can't accept what the other scientists were doing and tells the Chairman he has to protect the children. Did he go to the police? Chairman orders him and his family killed, but the Reseach scientist escapes in the end. Now he wants revenge on everyone who framed him, killed his family, and tried to kill him. So, the lady secretary is actually a spy working for Research scientist? She's the client, right? 

Obviously, SH is No. 88, and his blue eyes must be from the genetic experiments. DHJ is his best friend, also an orphan. But was DHJ also part of the genetic experiments? Because it looks like she always had a name, not a number. Her name was changed when she was adopted by Chairman Do to be the replacement for his daughter. 

Did Pavel kill the Grandfather and the Journalist boyfriend? If so, why was SH on the scene to stop him killing  Seul Gi?   Also, does SH know that DHJ is connected to his past? I first thought the photograph of DHJ was supposed to be a picture of his next target, but then in Ep. 4, we see that Congressman Seo is the target. Which means that the photo of DHJ was his "reward" for killing the guy in the mountains? 

Looking forward to the next episodes!

• Like 3
  • Insightful 1