[Drama 2019] Kill It, 킬잇

0ly40

• Replies 309
  • Created
  • Last Reply

So I watched the pilot and it was pretty good.

+ The fighting scenes are very realistic, the acting is great so far, the drama is beautiful (im not talking about the leads lol but I love the colors, the filming locations, the directing...).

- The story is kind of slow, I know it's the pilot and we need some characters introductions but they better hurry up if there are really 11 episodes left, the red mafia doesn't even scare me so I hope there is a big villain behind them, and finally I hope we won't have the love story too fast.. I need JKY and Nana to fight a little bit more.

Can't wait for tonights episode, I feel like the drama is starting NOW.

JKY is supposed to kill Nana at the end of the episode ? I don't think she's a new target tho, maybe it's about the rule 2 / she's a witness ?

I like the plot so far. I wonder if the two leads would end up sibling while it seems to lead on tragic romance???

I also like the action scene when they show off with martial art like John Wick-wise. Though, I'm disappointed at how he just let the red mafia alive? The bomb is such a low explosive for killing the rest of the men and he better tried to assassinate them off when they're comin' after him instead of runaway, He should not forget RULE #2.

The detective may refer to him as "serial killer" in the investigation but the summary of this series should not use the word "killer" to describe him, he's more like a hitman or an assassin, not a cold-hearted man who just enjoys killing to see his victim suffering.

LOL, why Pavel reminds me of the King's visualization in Final Fantasy XV?

Dang that ending. His target came to him :o

I was patiently waiting for JKY's comeback and just from the pilot I can see I'm gonna LOVE this show! 

Nana's character needs to be fleshed out more I guess...all we know is that she's good at her job, her dead lover's notebook is a common link with all the murders and she's good at darts lol. But just from the 30 mins we saw her, I know she's gonna have amazing chemistry with JKY :wub:

So I guess this is going to be some cat and mouse game between the two - he knows who she is, she doesn't know about him or the student who lives with him. Also some sadist part in me wants KSH to have actually killed the journalist :sweatingbullets:  HAHA we'll see...

Watched the pilot

• I love the spoken english in the first half, it sounded so natural and very good. I liked it a lot.
  • But besides that, I can't really say much about the drama, it's too early to come to any conclusions or to say if I like it or not. 
  • There is so much to figure out, how much of a killer-killer is KSH, because technically he already violated the rules a couple of times, so it seems like he is not the cold-hearted killer.
  • Nana's character also seems a bit pale so far, I hope it gets better with the time, but as of now she doesn't seem very outstanding. I hope she gets a bit more personality. We have seen her throwing darts well twice already, I hope that's not her only trick. 
  • Overall I don't feel any chemistry so far. The acting overall is honestly on the weaker side. 
  • Pavel dying so soon was a bit sad, I thought his character, or the story of an agent with dementia sounded kinda interesting. 
  • Honestly so many time skips in the pilot made it sometimes a bit hard to keep up already. It didn't have any flow.
  • Gray is already so far my favorite character. 
  • I hope we find out more about the student and her story with JKY, it sounds like it could be very interested.

So I just finished watching the live stream of ep 2 raw, so I am not 100% sure about the plot yet.

But there was one scene which revealed Nana's character's childhood, and there was a picture with her mother which looked extremely similar to the photo that JKY has of his 'supposed' family. 

SOOOO...........Does that mean that Nana and JKY are actually long-lost siblings?????

If so, that is such a tragic storyline, everyone is rooting for a love line between them, but instead, we get a sibling connection.

Also, I don't get if Nana is a target, a witness, or something else....

JKY placed her photo on the board alongside all the other pictures he received from the client... so does that mean that she is another picture connected to his family?

If so, then it makes sense for them to be siblings.

that's good if they're siblings, it still could lead to tragedy between them if the lead male dead for protecting her for example, or that she just realized he's her only blood-family she had when it's too late. The ending song already makes it sadder. Sibling love can be still as good as romantic love.

Just finished d raw of Ep 2 . I'm totally waned down from excitement of Ep1. I got bored. Too many annoying flashbacks during second half. It's not even the kind of flashback that I like in drama (ie : MBB awesome flashback, dream in a dream type).So I'm not sure what's going on. Who's who? what's what?  It's only 2nd episode. I'll wait for the  ep 2 sub. I haven't even watch Ep 1 w/ sub.

Acting wise  - so so ( to be fair, I've only seen one drama of JKY and that's My Mister, I like Yang Se Jong more)

Action wise - I like it.

Editing -chop at times esp flashback

I need to tone down my expectations  I'll give a go for 2 more episodes. Hope it revives the exctiment of ep 1

I agree with you @jongski I liked the first episode but this second episode lacked action and thrill/scares. The mood thus far isn't as dark as what I expected from a drama series titled "Kill It" with a lead that kills. I think those who are waiting to judge for second episode might not like this episode either as it's not what you may call it as "flashy" as the first episode and if the first episode didn't catch your interest, then I don't know how episode two will differ. On another note,

Spoiler

I think Hyunjin could've dodged the bullet towards the end without needing to be saved by Soohyun but I'm not complaining :lol:

So I just finished episode 2 and obvioulsy I get way more things in english (DHJ family, Seulgi's situation...).  It seems like DHJ adoptive father is the villain of this show, idk. I enjoyed it more than the first episode (probably because I understand more things now) . 

It's kind of weird that there is ABSOLUTELY NO love ambiguity between the leads so far, maybe they are really siblings.. Wouldn't care tho, they're still cute (particulary that snow walking scene with background music lol). 

Can't wait for episode 3, hope they will finally "fight" or at least a tension face to face. 

The first two episodes were just okay - not as dark as I was hoping and I'm not a fan of the romantic overtures already so blatantly present

I said before the show started that this being on OCN was perfect as they don't overdo romance to pander to audiences but after those first two episodes I feel like they could finally let me down in that regard. Would prefer if it was more Leon like and the relationship between him and the little girl he's protecting being the most important/developed but based on those first two eps that seems unlikely. Romance really doesn't seem necessary for the plot we're getting but a sibling/daughter kind relationship between the main guy and the kid would be more effective to try and humanise an assassin (similar to films like The Man from Nowhere) 

Bit OT but never seen the lead actress before but she's damn beautiful. 

Finally watched both episodes and I think the words “serial killer” is not really the best way to describe Kim Soo Hyun’s character. I feel like he’s more of an assassin than a serial killer. The word serial killer is a bit misleading to his character but that’s just my opinion.

Watching the first episode,  I’m really impressed at JKY’s English lines. His pronunciation was really good and I can understand him very clearly. Whenever I watch a kdrama and the actors/actresses attempt to speak English, I couldn’t hardly understand at what they were saying (nothing wrong with that. I know English is hard) but when I heard him speaking English, I was really surprised. But anyways, I was a bit disappointed that David McInnis’ character died so fast. I was really hoping that he’ll stay a bit longer. I loved him in DOTS so I was really hoping that he’ll play a bigger role guiding Kim Soo Hyun through his assassination. Everything is moving very quickly, I mean his next target is already Do Hyun Jin. I have a feeling their past may connect to each other.

Episode 2 was a more slower paste with all the flashback scenes but I really enjoyed it because it’s also starting to show more of DHJ’s past as well and how Seul Gi is the key to her past. It’ll be very interesting to watch. Though it was less action in ep. 2,  I was also enjoying KSH and DHJ’s relationship development. They are starting to get along and getting to know each other better. I think which is why KSH is hesitant about killing her because when he was on the phone with Phillip, he asked him, “Can you fight for someone you don’t know?” and “Why do people fight for people they don’t know?” I feel like those sentences was him referring to DHJ because at the end of ep. 2 he saved her even though he knew that she was his next target. 

So after watching the first two episodes I feel like I kind of understand what the drama is trying to make us feel but I don’t think its been executed the right way. It’s a bit messy too. Like right now I don’t mind the drama, its not bad. But I don’t feel super connected to the characters. I think there wasn’t enough build up between the current/past relationships. 

I’m a fan of OCN dramas and JKY. From having watched other OCN dramas, it isn’t dark/grungy as I thought it would be too. 

It’s only 12 episodes so I’m wondering how it will go. I’m a bit disappointed but I’ll keep watching until I can’t haha. 

1 hour ago, sandjh said:

So after watching the first two episodes I feel like I kind of understand what the drama is trying to make us feel but I don’t think its been executed the right way. It’s a bit messy too. Like right now I don’t mind the drama, its not bad. But I don’t feel super connected to the characters. I think there wasn’t enough build up between the current/past relationships. 

I’m a fan of OCN dramas and JKY. From having watched other OCN dramas, it isn’t dark/grungy as I thought it would be too. 

It’s only 12 episodes so I’m wondering how it will go. I’m a bit disappointed but I’ll keep watching until I can’t haha. 

Yeah. It's exactly what I was thinking.. I thought it would be more gritty but I think it's more dramatic in terms crime genre.  I like JKY acting better in My Mister. I've only seen 2 episode I'll wait for next week's episode.

Just finished ep 2. The dialogue here fairs much better, although majority of the things happening feels like heavy exposition. Not much action/movement sequence happening with the characters. The physical fight sequence is decent but with really odd camera angles/editing. Falls short on impact.

The episode here did a better job fleshing out Hyun Jin. I was worried there wasn't going to be any prominent female character interaction so it's nice to see

scenes between Seul Gi and Hyun Jin talking/bantering especially since Hyun Jin can relate to Seul Ki on a personal level. From what I can conclude, Hyun Jin was an orphan adopted by her current parents to live a false life? She's loosely tied to Soohyun somehow as a child before. The unknown client lady is her father's assistance. Is it weird that Hyun Jin hasnt realized that Seul Gi is the little girl connected to Hyuk's death, unless her name was changed/adopted by the deceased grandpa after that incident?  HJ did a background check and nothing about that came up. 

SH/HJ's quiet interactions/small talks is nice. I dont think they properly introduced themselves to eachother? Nana and KY are doing a fair job.

The chemistry is there but the writing just needs a bit of spark/depth in characterization/interaction.

The odd cuts for this episode really stunts the flow along with pacing issues. The detective/procedural aspect of the drama is not engaging as other OCN's shows. Its probably the drier/weaker part of the show. The villian/Kamirov is really uninteresting

/bland. With two episode so far, the show still lacks tension/energy. The atmosphere/tone isnt quite there for a drama that position itself as a action/thriller. 

7 hours ago, anony12345 said:

The first two episodes were just okay - not as dark as I was hoping and I'm not a fan of the romantic overtures already so blatantly present

I said before the show started that this being on OCN was perfect as they don't overdo romance to pander to audiences but after those first two episodes I feel like they could finally let me down in that regard. Would prefer if it was more Leon like and the relationship between him and the little girl he's protecting being the most important/developed but based on those first two eps that seems unlikely. Romance really doesn't seem necessary for the plot we're getting but a sibling/daughter kind relationship between the main guy and the kid would be more effective to try and humanise an assassin (similar to films like The Man from Nowhere) 

Bit OT but never seen the lead actress before but she's damn beautiful. 

I dont think there will be any romance. More like a close platonic relationship that's built on trust/friendship/angst? Although I could be wrong. Most OCN dramas with this genre usually never allude to any romance between leads. 

By the way, the actress is Nana. She's from an idol group Afterschool who venture into acting a few years ago. Yes, she's indeed really beautiful. 

Just finished watching both episodes. I'm liking a lot but I have so many questions.

I don't think they're siblings because in the preview of the next episode Hyun Jin says "It rained on the last day I saw that friend too". Than Seul Gi asks: "Soo Hyun, don't you have any friends you remember?" than he said "I don't remember any". I think that if they were really siblings they'd be talking about siblings, not friends. Also the lyrics of the first OST "Forever Love" are pretty romantic in my opinion. Next week we'll have more answers about their past, let's see.

Archived