Quantcast
0ly40

[Drama 2019] Kill It, 킬잇

6 hours ago, philosophie said:

Wait did we ever find out about how his eyes went from blue to brown? And if DHJ was bio kid of them or just a lookalike of the daughter? Does that mean KSY had always been related to the real DHJ ?

Lol...Don't askedB)

The production waste such potential chemistry and interesting plot.

I came because Nana at least she provides her acting is standout despite the messed up plot development.

• LOL 2

ending was sad....i cried...a bit...LOL.

the drama was so deep and had quite a few sad moments i thought.

i mean the story line kept me intrigued but sad at the same time.

TBH lurking in here and seeing you guys post up the Behind the Scenes stuff made me smile.

Despite how intense and serious the drama is, they all had fun on set.

• Like 2

If those sponsors / father are some rich guy, who is the mom? and is foster mother the one who giving birth these kids? sorry bad english

• Like 1

Can someone explain, when he killed the bad guy, the police can just shot him once on the feet, why do they have to shoot him so MANY TIMES??

• Like 3

11 hours ago, philosophie said:

Wait did we ever find out about how his eyes went from blue to brown? And if DHJ was bio kid of them or just a lookalike of the daughter? Does that mean KSY had always been related to the real DHJ ?

Eyes = colored contact lens?  :w00t:

I apologize for my facetious and crazy answer.  But, my brain has gone wacky from climbing out of all the holes in the plot looking for answers they didn't give us. :rolleyes:

The initial concept, of the drama, was mysterious and intriguing. However, it didn't play out well as episodes. Story not tight in each episode, which made it seemed rambling.  Perhaps, it would have been better as an hour and a half movie.

Still, kudos for a valiant effort by the cast.  They should have found better writer and director.<_<

• Like 3
  • Insightful 1

12 hours ago, philosophie said:

In EP 15, when SH went to the research lab before he blow up the place, there was a doctor that was explaining to SH how they were creating the artificial insemination. He said because of genetics and chromosomes, they were some children who were born with blue eyes and SH was one of the kids. As for why his eyes are brown now, he is wearing contact lens to hide it. 

KSH is the real brother of the real DHJ who died a long time ago. They have same father but different mothers considering the fact that KSH was born throught artificial insemination. The current DHJ who is the detective is from the same orphanage as KSH. She has no blood relationship with KSH except the fact that she got adopted by chairman Do who is the real father of KSH and the deceased DHJ. 

• Like 2
  • Insightful 1

4 hours ago, wenlhy said:

If those sponsors / father are some rich guy, who is the mom? and is foster mother the one who giving birth these kids? sorry bad english

Remember the secretary of chairman Do ( I forgot her name) who was working with the Flower shop owner who originally hired KSH to kill these men in the first place? I don't remember the EP however when the hospital director searched the Secretary sister's name in the database of the hospital, it said that she was a surrogate mom who died in the same year as the numbered children. Meaning she probably got killed because they needed to get rid of evidence. This explained how the children were born in the first place. They were using surrogates. 

The foster mother who got killed used to take care the numbered children. She is the one who run away with the infant SG. 

I was pissed off that the SWAT team shot KSH like that:rage:. I was crying along with Nana when LSH was slowly dying:bawling:. Also poor SG was left alone again. She was waiting for KSH to come home:confounded: and eat with her.

• Like 2
  • Sad 2

Phillip- I remember from the beginning I was upset at his character for revealing KSH’s hide out to Karimov and his gangs. Then I got more annoyed towards the middle of the episodes when he was being very secretive with KSH. At first I wanted his character to die when he was tied to the ship because he has brought trouble and danger towards KSH & SG and he still does. But ep 11 & 12 definitely made me think differently of him. He finally started to show that he cared for SG when she was in danger. He also became useless and wanted to run away with KSH to a different country and tell KSH to abandon his mission but when KSH told him to take care of himself as KSH’s on his way to DJH’s house to assasinate him.. Phillip had the chance to escape but instead he fought along side KSH and taking down the bad guys. At that point I was hoping that Phillip will survive and live well like he wish to but when he protected KSH and was shot multiple times by PTS and when he finally said he was sorry and ask if they’re still friends proves that he has cared for KSH all along even when he was being useless. My heart broke a little when he died and when KSH told him to stay with him because he wanted Phillip to also look after SG.. my heart broke again when DHJ saw Phillip dead. Phillip was definitely a true friend.

Seul Gi- I was crying my heart out when she had her last and final conversation with KSH and told him that she’ll wait for him to return home safely even though she knew that it’s impossible.. she wanted to believe that he’ll return and they can go back to how things used to be.. him lecturing her and telling her to go upstairs and the two of them eating soleongtang together. She’s left alone again.. no Phillip.. no KSH.. no one to protect her. When she begged DHJ to give KSH a chance and forgive him for his wrong doings made me cry even more. She really loved him as he took care of her like a father taking care of his daughter. When they both hugged each other made me so sad because they both knew that chances of KSH staying alive and returning is 0%. But I’m glad that DHJ is now SG’s guardian as she’s very special and is the youngest survivor of the Hansol Orphanage. Now it’s DHJ’s job to protect her. 

Do Hyun Jin- I feel so bad for her. Losing both her loved ones twice is not easy. It’s traumatizing. I think losing KSH, she was more devastated and heart broken. I cried so much when they both held hands for the first and last time when KSH took his last breath. They both love each other but they know that they can’t be together which is even more sad. The last scene of DHJ watching SG playing with Gray, you can tell that she’s finally at piece but is missing someone special in her heart. At least she has Gray to remind her of KSH. Nana did such an amazing job during her crying scene. It felt so real and I can feel her pain. I just cried with her too.

Kim Soo Hyun- He was a savage person but he fought for justice till the very end. He may be cruel but he has a good heart. He loved the people around him, especially SG and DHJ. Even though seeking revenge was wrong but that’s all he knows. He has to complete the mission. I wished that Pavel was still alive to help him take down DJH’s gangs and PTS. The scene in the beginning of ep 12 when he called DHJ on the phone to take care of the numbered kids and SG and watching her from afar with tears in his eyes also broke my heart. He knows that this will be the end of them. Their reunion and confrontation at the end was so intense, sad, heartbreaking, and devastating. I cried really hard when the SWAT Team killed him. The look on DHJ’s face was just dead.. he didn’t even get to tell her that he loves her. I have to applaud JKY’s performance in the last scene. He gave it his all and he perfect the scene so well. It was so hard to watch and it’s still a shock for me. He improved a lot from Come And Hug Me.

The last episode was making my heart beat so fast. Every scene was so intense especially the last scene at DJH’s house. It was like a show down, shoot out, massacre.. brutal scene. I didn’t expect this drama to be that brutal. The ending was not what I wanted but we all know that it’s KSH’s fate. I think it was expected that he’s not gonna have a happy ending with his loved ones. But I’m glad we got to see him smile and hold hands with the person he loves by his side. At least that’s the kind of ending that KSH dreamed of. To live a normal life. Also, even though KHW is in jail, at least he got some closure. He wanted justice for what DJH did to his family and to the numbered childrens. Even though he probably won’t see the light, at least he knows that DJH’s evil deeds have come to an end. No more kids have to die. In conclusion, the storyline still lack a lot of plot holes though. For example, it never really explained who are SG’s parents, it’s still never very clear why KSH has blue eyes, wish the drama showed how KSH was made, the death of Hong Jung Hee and Yoon Ji Hye, there a lot of mysteries that were not clearly solved. Also, can we also talk about prosecutor Yoon Jae Hyun aka actor Ji Il Woo. I can’t believe he was in Hotel King. I think it’s time he fights for a leading role. Anyways, overall I love this drama despite the plot holes and even with no romantic scenes between the two leads, I loved and enjoy every scenes of them.

• Like 5

The saddest part of this show is not KSH's death but the fact that he has been used his whole life and never knew what true happiness is. He looked so miserable the whole time. 

I was so moved when he said to KHY that he should have thought of his own daughter while using him like he's nothing. 

And once again the ending was perfect, it looked so peaceful, we know that Seulgi forgave DHJ about KSH's death. They used to be four (KSH, DHJ, Seulgi and Philip), laughing together, now it's just the two of them : DHJ protecting little Seulgi. 

• Like 5

I haven't been posting to this thread even though I was watching along, mostly because I didn't know what to think. There are some valid criticisms about plot holes, awkward direction, etc., but this drama kept tugging at my heart. I think I knew from the beginning episodes that there is no way that SH was going to survive this drama, not once they showed that he was a true killer, and that caused me pause as well, because I'm not into sad dramas or movies.

I felt sad even before the ending, with Philip's death. Philip could have run away, but he stayed because he knew that this time was real and serious in a way that he didn't feel before. As things had been progressing in the drama, Philip had started becoming worried and scared FOR SH as well as himself. Philip wanted to run away, but not just by himself. I think Philip's only friend was SH, and he didn't want to lose him. So, in the end, knowing what SH intended, Philip stays to fight with him, and ultimately loses his life. Philip's little joke in his final moments that this evens SH and himself out, and his question seeking reassurance that they were friends seemed to echo the lost, little boy that Philip must have been as well.

As for the events leading to SH's death, the drama seemed to show that as long as DJH was alive, that he was connected enough that he would have escaped justice for his crimes. HJ and the prosecutor saw their efforts to arrest DJH thwarted, and I think they must have known as well, that they might not be able to bring DJH to justice, or at least not any time soon. I so wanted to HJ to slow down her tracking of SH at that point, but HJ and the prosecutor still believed in the power of the law, so tracked SH down and tried to make him give up killing DJH. However, HJ didn't understand, SH wasn't taking revenge by killing DJH, SH wasn't even getting justice for DJH's victims and making DJH pay for his crimes. SH was protecting the children he had already saved. And, as we know, DJH was already planning on getting rid of the new numbered children as evidence that had to be disposed of, much as he had killed the numbered children before when 88 escaped.

As for the SWAT team, the minute SH shot DJH, they would have reacted immediately, shooting SH, since they couldn't be sure that SH wouldn't continue shooting and as far as they were concerned, SH was a known killer. So, I didn't fault them for SH's death, and neither did SH. He knew that by pulling the trigger, that he would have to die for it, but it was worth it to him to make sure those children were protected.

As a wrap up to the drama, even though it was so sad, it felt a fitting ending. Having a final shot of SH and HJ walking along and holding hands, though, in a what-might-have-been scenario at the end credits didn't blunt any of the pain of how sad a life SH has led. Trained to be a contract killer, in the only life that he's really known, and used by the various adults in his life; still, the actions in the final ending was his, and he protected his people until the end the way he knew how.

I honestly don't think that I could bear to watch this drama again, knowing the ending for sure, but the young cast did so well. I hope that Ji Il Joo will be cast more since he's shown that he can do more than youthful, comedic roles (Hotel King, Healer, Weightlifting Fairy). Nana has improved a lot, and her crying scene moved me to tears as well. Lee Jae Won is good, but might be getting a bit type cast at this point.

But, really, the biggest draw for me to watch this and continue watching was Jang Ki Yong, and he didn't disappoint. I feel as if he's such a raw talent still, and yet his acting in the quiet scenes where he's so expressive with so little got to me during these dramas. I feel that even when he didn't say much that he said so much. For instance, he may not have explicitly told SG or HJ how much he loved them with words, but his hug for SG and, more importantly perhaps, his holding HJ's hand as he dies spoke eloquently of how much they meant to him.

Anyway, I was happy to see that this intense, uneven little drama had a loyal following. I'm sorry that I didn't contribute to the thread during its run, but I enjoyed lurking here and reading from time to time. So, thank you.

• Like 3
  • Love 2
  • Insightful 2

This is quite a good drama. The story line seems to have a lot of twist and turn but it makes the drama good enough to be followed. The ending is also very good. The viewers won't find a romantic ending but there are glimpses of understanding between the two main characters. Two thumbs up for this drama 

• Like 2

this thread is so quiet:( I have a question hopefully someone is still here. Does it mean Soo Hyeon is fake vet since the certificate is fake? Then how did he learned to rescue animals?

• Like 1

1 hour ago, wenlhy said:

this thread is so quiet:( I have a question hopefully someone is still here. Does it mean Soo Hyeon is fake vet since the certificate is fake? Then how did he learned to rescue animals?

Yes, it’s fake. Maybe he learned to train himself to help animals

Also, does anyone know when they’ll release the instrumental soundtrack?

• Like 1

I'm just done with this drama .

Seriously just what happened in this drama was out of my understanding. 

Most Importantly 

I remember in Ep 5 where  Ko Hyun-Woo said to Yoon Ji-Hye that "he have no idea he's living with his own daughter".

What does it mean ?  

( Soo hyun and Seulgi - Father and daughter ) How is that even possible...?

RLTLEVD6J8XEYXJ7Z4HI.jpg

9O17M9XLPMQDXD4J82TU.jpg

XJA2HCYQC5EAJYI5DBMT.jpg

• Like 1

@RPM I feel like they didn’t explain that part clearly too. Seul Gi’s storyline is not very clear in the drama. Like what is her relationship to the grandpa (can’t remember his name) and Min Hyuk? Also, was the bad guy in the beginning really her uncle when he tried to kidnap her into the car? He never showed up again after that. 

• Like 2

OST Parts 1-6 [English Hardsubbed] (Youtube Playlist)