[Drama 2018-2019] Children of Nobody/Red Moon, Blue Sun, 붉은달 푸른해

larus

5 hours ago, joccu said:

I really think that CKW was abused at child and if not then she has be bipolar or have multiple personality sydrome. I mean how else can you explain her beharior when her mother slapped her. 

Abused, certainly, and not only in childhood because it takes long-term abuse to have that sort of guilt.  Bipolar, possibly not.  Abuse doesn't necessarily make a person mentally ill.

Frankly, that scene came much too close to home for me because I have responded in just that same way to my parents.  It is a response that comes from fear of rejection and from being made to feel responsible for things that are not your fault.  It is a matter of feeling under constant threat or being abandoned.  

I do not believe that CWK is crazy.  I think that she has been harmed emotionally, and that is why she has a heart for children who are at risk.

7 hours ago, dhplsa said:

Also, can't wait to find out why Eun Ho (the truck driver) character keeps avoiding the detective.

A couple of pages ago, I commented that I thought that he might have something to do with CWK's sister's illness.  (Just a theory; I think Mom is also highly at fault.)  But I also think that CWK recognized him when she found him together with her daughter in the greenhouse tent.  She knows something.

I also remember that early on in the drama that CWK's husband said something about not wanting her to "be like that" again and it seemed to have some connection to the sister's problem.  

One of the things I really like about this dark drama is the connections between all the various storylines.  It will be interesting to see how this all works out.

• Replies 1.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
13 hours ago, joccu said:

I really think that CKW was abused at child and if not then she has be bipolar or have multiple personality sydrome. I mean how else can you explain her beharior when her mother slapped her. 

everyone in this drama are suspicious.  

Does anyone has guess why there are always poems linked to the crimes? 

The scene with the slapping and CKW's reaction seem to indicate that the mother was/is abusive. Notice how the mother pulled her hand away, when CKW begged for forgiveness saying that she had been bad. In my opinion, the reproaches CKW expressed before the slapping also give the impression that the mother must have leashed her anger onto CKW :

- the death of her husband

- the accident with the sister

Then the comment of the mother after the slapping that the caretaker would come soon... so her words showed that she knew that the caretaker would question the mother's behavior.

We heard that CKW remained in bed for one month after the sister's accident. Now, I am wondering if there isn't more to it, like the mother slapping and hurting CKW without the husband noticing it. Maybe he thought that CKW must have hurt herself. Or maybe she acted like that because in her unconsciousness, she had to become like her sister as if it was what her mother "wanted". 

To me, there is a mastermind behind all these deaths. That's why there is a poem in the crime scenes. The crime scenes are so perfect that so far, the mastermind wasn't caught. He wants to punish parents or relatives who could get scott-free, although they abused or even killed a child. He is acting like a god and judge. In the first death, the evidence that there is another person involved in the fire is that the ex-convict left the house and went to that place. Why did she leave the house? I guess, it was because she was promised something: the mastermind was behind it. In the second case: The wife bought the charcoal disguised as ASH and the mastermind helped her to stage the suicide: he must have promised the abusive husband to get money easily. In the third death, I am sure that the "mother" got punished for abandoning the child. I also sense that the ex-husband might become the next target. When the abused wife called CKW, it was clear that she thought that CKW had helped her the whole time. To conclude, there is someone close to her who uses her name in order to get "justice" for the forgotten children.

@thistle

Another 2 solid episodes!! CWK was also an abused n neglected child.. Her mother was the one violent!!.. I guess she was the one most affected as she was blamed for her father's health n most probably beaten n sister's condition!! The way she trembled in fear of her mother that she was an abused child that's y she has a weak mental status but still she tries to be strong!! I feel pity for her as no-one is there for her.. Her husband instead of understanding her left her for another woman!! Now it seems her kid also likes the other woman!! 

As there is a poem behind every murder that is connected to the kid.. I think the murder is connect to parents with black chat  which So Ra's mother used!! As we can see the messages vanished as soon as they messaged n seen.. We don't know abt the background of the truck driver or CWK's sister.. They r really suspicious!! As Si Was mentioned that the kid used to play with truck driver.. The truck driver definitely knows abt her being missing but he still didn't inform.. He might also know that she might have stayed there in the care centre.. But he hid it!! 

Waiting for more episodes to unveil more mysteries!! 

Sometimes  I think ji heon's prickly behaviour with Soo-young is little too much but then again even I am little suspicious of her. Didn't she receive a text or something saying she did well? Only character I can rely on is our Ji heon kyungsanim. Everybody else is either suspicious or un-reliable.

3 hours ago, icyphoenix said:

Another 2 solid episodes!! CWK was also an abused n neglected child.. Her mother was the one violent!!.. I guess she was the one most affected as she was blamed for her father's health n most probably beaten n sister's condition!! The way she trembled in fear of her mother that she was an abused child that's y she has a weak mental status but still she tries to be strong!! I feel pity for her as no-one is there for her.. Her husband instead of understanding her left her for another woman!! Now it seems her kid also likes the other woman!! 

As there is a poem behind every murder that is connected to the kid.. I think the murder is connect to parents with black chat  which So Ra's mother used!! As we can see the messages vanished as soon as they messaged n seen.. We don't know abt the background of the truck driver or CWK's sister.. They r really suspicious!! As Si Was mentioned that the kid used to play with truck driver.. The truck driver definitely knows abt her being missing but he still didn't inform.. He might also know that she might have stayed there in the care centre.. But he hid it!! 

Waiting for more episodes to unveil more mysteries!! 

About Eun Seo, there are a few things that are bothering me:

- The fact that each time she spent time with her grandmother, when she came back, she kept asking about her father. ES only focused on her father. So I have the impression that the grandmother (CKW's mother) must have said bad things about CKW and praised the father.

- The circumstances of Eun Seo's disappearance. CKW's mother (HJO) claimed that she came right on time but we saw ES waiting for her in front of the kindergarden. In my opinion, the truck driver took her because he wanted to protect her. Notice that her husband blamed CKW for her disappearance, like "she should have been the one who picked up her daughter, not the grandmother".

- Now, it seems that the mistress LYJ wants to become ES's surrogate mother and the ex-husband is trying to influence ES in that direction as well. At some point, he will ask for ES's custody. However, I suspect that LYJ might start resenting ES and even neglecting her, if ES lives with her because the child might ask for her mother and compare CKW with her. 

The little girl in green appears, when it comes to "neglected children" (children of nobody) and striking is that she appeared, when CKW found ES with the truck driver. However, later she didn't appear, when she met the truck driver... so I had the feeling that the girl appearance was connected to her unborn child and ES.  

@bebebisous33 grt theory.. The truck driver seems to be loving kids.. We could see he is always near kids.. He must be a protector of these kids as he might have also gone through the same circumstances, so wants to protect them.. The girl appears to CWK coz she probably knows that she will understand a neglected kid's POV!! I feel the girl is Si Wan's sister as I feel she is leading her to protect Si Wan n kids like her who suffered the same!! I hope ES doesn't end up as a neglected kid!! But it seems CWK's husband would ask for her custody if she keeps going behind the neglected kids by claiming her to be mentally unstable!! 

31 minutes ago, icyphoenix said:

@bebebisous33 grt theory.. The truck driver seems to be loving kids.. We could see he is always near kids.. He must be a protector of these kids as he might have also gone through the same circumstances, so wants to protect them.. The girl appears to CWK coz she probably knows that she will understand a neglected kid's POV!! I feel the girl is Si Wan's sister as I feel she is leading her to protect Si Wan n kids like her who suffered the same!! I hope ES doesn't end up as a neglected kid!! But it seems CWK's husband would ask for her custody if she keeps going behind the neglected kids by claiming her to be mentally unstable!! 

Yes, he will use her "illness" in order to get custody. I also believe that even HJO might even support him. I have the impression that HJO resented her own children as she hadn't given birth to sons. This would explain why she is supporting KMS and not her own daughter.

By the way, the victim of the third case became a target as she "abandoned" her daughter. Nevertheless, since the little girl appeared next to the mummy, it actually shows that she was herself a neglected child. In other words, her death was unjustified and it reveals the mastermind's wrongdoing: this is not real justice. The poor woman had not the means to take care of her own child. She was herself abused by the vile man and had been abandoned by him too. 

5 minutes ago, bebebisous33 said:

Yes, he will use her "illness" in order to get custody. I also believe that even HJO might even support him. I have the impression that HJO resented her own children as she hadn't given birth to sons. This would explain why she is supporting KMS and not her own daughter.

By the way, the victim of the third case became a target as she "abandoned" her daughter. Nevertheless, since the little girl appeared next to the mummy, it actually shows that she was herself a neglected child. In other words, her death was unjustified and it reveals the mastermind's wrongdoing: this is not real justice. The poor woman had not the means to take care of her own child. She was herself abused by the vile man and had been abandoned by him too. 

Yes I feel the mother of CWK will be playing a pivotal role.. We also have her sister's case.. I don't feel she is in coma!! She might be behind these planned murders.. I guess the murder thinks of doing things for justice for kids but it isn't.. So only the kid is appearing or indicating CWK to stop these series!! The mummy's story is very sad.. Her hubby was clearly a detestable person.. If the justice was served properly then the husband should have been punished too!! 

Well, another set of great episodes! I am more confused than ever though... :D

A few thoughts (some of them similar to what has already been stated previously on this thread):

• It is clear since last week's episodes, that CWK has been abused as a child. Her mother is a parent who blames her own shortcomings and negative feelings on other people instead of taking responsibility for them herself, and a child/children are easy targets. Most probably both girls got their share of abuse, and CWK is being blamed solely for everything by the mother because of the sister's state. CWK is fragile because of this. It was already stated in last week's episodes that she had a mental breakdown earlier. She is definitely not stable.
  • As stated in my previous post, I still believe that the girl in the green dress is a premonition to kids that have been abused/neglected. There is a reason why CWK is seeing the girl, and that is to "warn" her about an approaching neglected child. Thus, I do think we might still learn that detective KJH and truck driver LEH have also been abused/neglected children. When it comes to the identity of the child, I think that the girl in the green dress is CWK herself. Her "inner child" is coming out to help her, and very possibly appears also to help heal the "adult" CWK.
  • There is a vigilante on a rampage who wants to teach the abusers a lesson. Who it is, I don't know yet, but LEH certainly knows something about it. There are possibilities that LEH is the murderer, and some clues point to CWK herself being the murderer. I won't make any guesses yet on the identity of the killer, though.
  • It's good that CWK got rid of her ex-husband. He never saw her for who she was or accepted her the way she is. He wanted her to be what was a perfect wife in his mind. In a way, she was abused by him too, and so I say, good riddance! She is going to notice that she is better off without him.
    On a side note, I wouldn't mind KJH romancing CWK.... ;)  Unfortunately, I think romance is off the table in this drama. :(
  • KJH and LEH know each other from the past. Why would LEH otherwise be avoiding KJH?

I just now realized that the writer is the same person who wrote Que Sera, Sera. I don't know if any of you have watched it, but Que Sera, Sera is a sad, heart-wrenching and dark drama (not a single character is happy in it), but also a drama that engages you until the very end. It has some unbelievable twists in the plot line (without being makjang), so I have faith that the writer will deliver this one with equal intensity!

I love this show. I like how we discover more and more elements and how the characters came together.

I am sure that Cha Woo Kyung was an abused child. Her mother is a cold person and she is authoritative. I sensed that her mother was very strict even in the first two episodes and I was surprised how Woo Kyung responded after the slap. Her reaction when her husband wanted to leave home after he was caught cheating, the reaction had in the same pattern. I like our heroine because she doesn`t give up. I also like how she managed her divorce. When her daughter used the gift from the new girlfriend of her father, she  has reacted very well, thinking about her daughter first. 

The young man from the center, Lee Eun-Ho is suspicious but I don`t think he is the mastermind behind all this. But in the same time, I think the one pulling the strings is someone from the center.  I have a feeling that Lee Eun Ho was abused when he was a child as well. He not only cares about children and protects them but empathizes with them. He will be a good suspect in the future episodes. We`ll find out more about him. I think he avoids Kang Ji-Hun because they met before. Maybe Detective Kang investigated a case he was involved.

I am intrigued why the wife of the last victim thought Woo Kyung was the one who helped her. She believed Woo Kyung is Red Cry? The mastermind/ vigilante is Red Cry. Who is Red Cry?

@partyonI agree with your theory that the little girl in the green dress is her "inner child" and warns her about neglected children. I sense that SW has the same ability. SW saw a little girl too, but she looked different. 

By the way, I don't mind KJH romancing CWK too. Moreover, he is exactly what she needs. I loved the way he comforts her. She felt ashamed (being like an animal or "hallucinations") and instead of denying it, he underlined the positive aspects of an animal or her hallucinations become "visions". He is able to make her feel normal. 

As for the murderer, it could be the other psychiatrist/psychologist Yoon Tae Joon. It is definitely someone close to CWK.

5 hours ago, icyphoenix said:

I don't feel she is in coma!! She might be behind these planned murders..

Omo, even I thought the same because of the way the camera focuses on her and her eerie way of looking and all. Also in the earlier eps or something, they said that her body condition got better and the caretaker must be taking good care of her. I thought this is because she actually got out of her coma already and is only pretending before her family. Eunseo also talked something about Sekyung after coming back from her grandmother's home and I thought that this must mean something. But then again I think it is a stretch and in execution, she must require a lot of people's help. And there is also her post-coma health issues to deal with. Doing all these behind CWk and her mother's back will be difficult. Even though she is not having an active role, for now, her presence in the drama is heavy for sure.  Don't know how it will play out later.

CWK's sunbae who is giving her advice and Ji hyeon's forensic hyung, despite the fact that they haven't done anything strange, are suspicious to me because I have seen them in other dramas too. They must have some story of their own.

Actually, everyone in this drama is suspicious, including cha woo kyung.

The green dressed child could be cwk herself, I wish we could see her childhood pics.

46 minutes ago, mrsj3n said:

@sushilicious Can I suggest this drama to you?

It's mysterious and also brain frying as well!

:lol:

:lol: I actually just started this drama yesterday, along side player.

Gonna catch up this drama when my school break comes :) thanks for introducing anyways :) 

On 11/25/2018 at 4:48 AM, larus said:

Just watching, I thought that the English title was chosen very well.

Was wondering what everyone think the meaning of the title is?  Children of Nobody.

My first thought was that the adults/parents of the children are marginalized and invisible in society... the abuse toward their own children can go unpunished and unnoticed as well if not for someone like Cha Woo-Kyung. She opens up their thoughts (hard for them to verbalize) and notices their pain/secrets (prolly because she has the same challenge to voice her own abuse by husband and mother); thus was given this gift.  Whatever abilities she has, is through the girl in the green dress, allows her to help bring the crimes committed against them to justice.  The drama wanted to give a voice to the children of abuse.  

The adults/parents are no different than the lepers in the poem, unwanted and cast aside by society.  Both the mumified mother and the ex convict were killed in the dark - when the moon rose over the barley fields.

@bedifferent To me, the title "children of nobody" means that there are children that are not recognized by their parents therefore they don't exist on the paper. Just like the boy who died due to the hit-and-run, no one claimed the body and was looking for him therefore we can assume that he was never recorded (family register). Like CWK said to the detective, the ex-husband selling dog meat never put the child in the register. 

I have been even wondering if the little girl in the green dress could be her sister who died years ago. Let just say that CWK might have been younger than the sister hence she forgot about her... Since the mother killed a child, she knew that she had to be careful hence she treated her other children differently. She did abuse them but not to the extent to have a child died. This would explain why in the synopsis, it is written that CWK will discover the truth.

As for the mummified mother and the ex-convict, I think too that both are victims. In the first case, the mother tried to cover up for the husband as she felt that she had no other choice in my opinion. I definitely feel that all these mothers have something in common: they were abused. However, in the first and third case, the mother chose to side with the husband hence they got killed. But honestly what kind of a choice was that? The abuse is visible but no one is there to help them... When the pervert met his future wife, she was a minor hence we can assume that he raped her. 

@bebebisous33 and @bedifferent I like both of your thoughts around the meaning of the title "Children of Nobody". Both make sense to me.

What I am also equally intrigued about is the original title "Red Moon, Blue Sun". Scientifically, red moons and blue suns happen when there is dust/air particles in the atmosphere that distort the color of the sun and moon. Of course, red moons also appear during lunar eclipses.

In many cultures, from a mythological point of view, the "world will come to an end when the moon turns red and the sun turns blue".

Any ideas on what the title could mean?

@partyon Since Red moon has been perceived as a bad omen in the past (For Christians, red moon is seen as an apocalyptic sign), I am inclined to believe that the title implies death and blood. And it is definitely the case: people are killed. As for blue sun, I am not so sure. Honestly, I am associating it to "revenge" or "vendetta": a cold justice. Sun is linked to warmth and life, however this association disappears with the colour "blue". Blue is considered as a cold color. The mastermind is trying to give "justice" to these children, while in reality it is not the case. Like I had mentioned it before, the third deceased was a victim too but it didn't look like it on the surface. The mastermind is too focused on the perpetrators and less on the children.

What do you think about that?

Archived