[Mainland Chinese Drama 2019] The Untamed 陈情令

RPM

2 hours ago, shuwei said:

seeing people demanding to go back to the present is so funny because the next few eps are one of the climaxes of the story. there are so many other ongoing dramas right now focused on a sweet and happy story so why did y’all choose this one which is known to have a lot of angst lol

I’m looking forward to the epic climax! But I can’t take the constant angst and pain that both WWX and LZ are enduring. When it goes back to the present at least we’ll get some reprieve from the consistent pain. But I’m loving all the angst filled scenes 

3 hours ago, shuwei said:

seeing people demanding to go back to the present is so funny because the next few eps are one of the climaxes of the story. there are so many other ongoing dramas right now focused on a sweet and happy story so why did y’all choose this one which is known to have a lot of angst lol

Yes omg I'm loving the current few eps. Especially 26, it got me bawling my eyes out. Over the last few episodes I feel like xiao zhan and yibo's acting has reached a whole new level. The improvement they've made has been astonishing and it's a far cry to the first few episodes. I can feel that soulmate bond thing between them :bawling::heart: and that rain scene... Was. So. Intense. My heart was breaking alongside theirs *cries*

@outsanity I agree wholeheartedly!! The book was amazing but the drama team brought it to life!!! I think they've truly captured the essence of all the important scenes between WWX and LWJ. 

1 hour ago, outsanity said:

Ahh~

I take back what I said about XZ and WYB not having chemistry in real life haha

It's suuuuper subtle, kinda like the whole drama, but I love how they're always teasing and "insulting" each other

hhh

Lol what made you change your mind? And yes Wibo is ridiculously free round XZ. It’s adorable 

• Love 1

6 minutes ago, NEVERending said:

Lol what made you change your mind? And yes Wibo is ridiculously free round XZ. It’s adorable 

Haha, when you first start seeing the BTS, they seem kind of antagonistic and distant around each other because they're always hitting or insulting each other XD

But then you "get" that that's how they interact and it's cute in its own way. Love how WYB is so direct/brutally honest while XZ tend to be pretty agreeable. Several times, XZ appeared speechless because WYB is so mean to him in that deadpanned/matter-of-fact way.

I also love how XZ is always saying '王一博, 善良一点'  (WYB, be kinder)

• Like 1
  • Love 1

lol funfact but last year a portion of XZ and WYB's BTS clip on the boat leaked and a lot of weibo bloggers started rumors that the 2 of them don't get along. but after the BTS vids started getting released last month people were like "....oh, we get it now".

now everyone is thirsty for their pair interviews bc they're funny af and ppl are like "we never knew WYB talks this much" lmao

• Like 3

2 hours ago, outsanity said:

Haha, when you first start seeing the BTS, they seem kind of antagonistic and distant around each other because they're always hitting or insulting each other XD

But then you "get" that that's how they interact and it's cute in its own way. Love how WYB is so direct/brutally honest while XZ tend to be pretty agreeable. Several times, XZ appeared speechless because WYB is so mean to him in that deadpanned/matter-of-fact way.

I also love how XZ is always saying '王一博, 善良一点'  (WYB, be kinder)

lol. i love when he tells yibo to be kinder. i seen clips of him asking yibo if he's human. XD. boys will always be boys :lol:. xiao zhan probably got his revenge during one of the interviews where yibo was talking about fear of ghost and dark. xiao zhan kept on adding in creepy comments. yibo looks so disturbed. hahaha.

• Like 3

Dont forget Yibo is afraid of bugs too.  They are definitely Tom and Jerry. Even though they dissed each other but somehow it just sound so adorable and loving in our ears..... 

They really stare and have eye contact like its natural...no shyness. I can't even hold eye contact with my close friends! I think Yibo really likes Xiao Zhan smile. Its contagious...you always will see a smiling Yibo if Xiao Zhan is around him.

I cant wait for some sweet scene. I wanna see how they will play out the drunk scene.

• Like 2

Which is the interview with the creepy comments? 

I can't believe how young WYB is! He played LZ so well. 

Edit: Has anyone heard all three versions (duet, WYB, XZ) of the main theme Wuji? Although both WYB and XZ are both great singers, their voices just fit together so well! WYB's voice is husky and low - it's comfortable and soothing but lacks power and kinda tapers off. XZ's voice is stronger and clearer but lacks depth and breaks off at random intervals. More reasons those boys fit so well together~

• Like 1

I love their insults towards one another! Did anyone see the clip where Xiao Zhan was like I never eat snacks. And then Yibo immediately followed that up with a richard simmons you just ate one XD and XIao Zhan went to hug him~~~

• Like 1

I'm so glad to find this thread! 

Hi I'm new to this forum but not new to drama series like this :)

I understand Chinese which is why I adore the show so much, there's so much nuances and hidden meaning in the language that hints of their relationship while skimming under the censorship radar. 

WYB 's acting improved over the episodes. LWJ's glances are so eloquent now haha. 

Also eagerly awaiting the switch back to the present. 

On a side note. My heart is still recovering from their photo spread on Harpers Bazaar. 

• Love 1

9 hours ago, moon-flower said:

@outsanity https://www.weibo.com/tv/v/HE1QTr70c?fid=1034:4395400673613071 it starts 23:15 - 24:24, LOL.Xiao Zhan kept on scaring him. I love it. 

When they asked XZ if he prefers body or face, it's cute how he mulled over that for a long time and then sneaked a few glances at WYB before answering body. XD

(WYB is so scared of the dark/ghosts that he sleeps with lights and TV on channel 5 while keeping the volume at 3)

"What if your TV hopped channel? You wake up and all of a sudden you're on channel 1" 

"And all of a sudden your volume is at 60"

(WYB talks about how he keeps a light on in the hallway and keeps his bed room door open at a angle)

"What if something stares back at you from the door?"

I can't XD 

@VeryBerry - Yeah!!!!! I love love love the nuances and if you understand Mando it's so layered and subtle. Sadly no amount of English sub can do the dialogue justice haha

26 minutes ago, silvianage said:

Arghhhh just finish watching ep 32  it’s so suspense but the end is hanging. Its so sad but yet beautifull.  How I am suppose to wait untill next Monday :bawling:

I'm actually unable to move past ep 28, its like figuratively my feet won't move another step forward. I guess it's all the angst ahead. I cannot. 

Will probably go through ep 29 to 32 on Saturday and then watch 2moons2 to cheer me up. 

Own page 10!

God ep32 got me in Turmoil!!!!!!  Damn those people!  :rage::bawling: It's a rollercoaster ride.  I just have to cheer myself and think about all the drunk scene of Lan Zhan and Weiying to keep my nerves calm.  *it's okay it's okay"  that must be one tiring scene to act out both Physically and Mentally.  

Thank Goodness we get to see the boys on Day Day up show or else the long wait will kill me alive.  Man I thought 10 miles of peach blossom was an emotional rollercoaster!  Then again Guardian is not that far behind either!  I'll go listen to their flute and zither duet to calm myself.

:cold_sweat:

• Like 2

18 minutes ago, outsanity said:

@VeryBerry - Yeah!!!!! I love love love the nuances and if you understand Mando it's so layered and subtle. Sadly no amount of English sub can do the dialogue justice haha

:lol: and don't you love LWJ's speech mannerisms; he speaks very little and it's so precise but yet, it's so full of meaning. I actually find that so attractive for his character. A man of few words.

And then you watch WYB especially when he's dancing and the difference between him and LWJ is quite mind blowing. I was pulled into the first ep, because of XZ and his smiles, but WYB has become my favourite. I read the earlier posts about their BTS, and all I can think of is puppies playing haha. 

6 minutes ago, kkrystal said:

Own page 10!

God ep32 got me in Turmoil!!!!!!  Damn those people!  :rage::bawling: It's a rollercoaster ride.  I just have to cheer myself and think about all the drunk scene of Lan Zhan and Weiying to keep my nerves calm.  *it's okay it's okay"  that must be one tiring scene to act out both Physically and Mentally.  

Thank Goodness we get to see the boys on Day Day up show or else the long wait will kill me alive.  Man I thought 10 miles of peach blossom was an emotional rollercoaster!  Then again Guardian is not that far behind either!  I'll go listen to their flute and zither duet to calm myself.

:cold_sweat:

Omg i am so glad I stopped watching after episode 14 so I could binge.

once it’s back in the present I’m going to start rewatching so Ik that at least the pain is over.