[Mainland Chinese Drama 2019] The Untamed 陈情令

RPM

@NEVERending Thanks so much for the info! I will be looking forward for the happy ending! 

And that piggyback is just super cute!!! 

I knew it was a bromance story when I started watching but I don't know the original so I can't tell if it's more or less according to the original idea, but I adore how they look at each other and, as someone mentioned, the subtle moves and messages that are sent even with no words... they are adorable... :blush: :heart:

Up to chapter 43 in the book.

It's so different from the drama, when it comes to how the story unfolds (time skip-wise) but definitely not lacking in terms of story, character or plot. 

I can't believe it's even possible with the censorships but the drama is most definitely more "romantic" 

1 hour ago, shuwei said:

Eng translation for WWX and LWJ's character songs are up on CC. I gotta say the lyrics and editing for the MV are not subtle at all

The songs are ridiculously romantic and heartbreaking.

but very beautiful 

Haii..can i join?

I finished the novel when i first watch 1 episode and i was awe- struck how LZ in really perfect in the drama. Wow..and WY just so adorable and has a pretty dazzling smile. I stop watched in ep 5, because i really can't handle the angst and sadness before they aired the present time. But soo many teaser and spoiler clips on internet. Lol. So far just 28 ep have english translate. And 6 more episode to the present time. 

16 minutes ago, polar15 said:

Haii..can i join?

I finished the novel when i first watch 1 episode and i was awe- struck how LZ in really perfect in the drama. Wow..and WY just so adorable and has a pretty dazzling smile. I stop watched in ep 5, because i really can't handle the angst and sadness before they aired the present time. But soo many teaser and spoiler clips on internet. Lol. So far just 28 ep have english translate. And 6 more episode to the present time. 

Hi! I am sure it's here somewhere but can you share the link for the novel again? Now I am even more curious to read it! As the story unfolds, I want to know more of the characters! :grin::love:

3 hours ago, shuwei said:

alright everyone read the lyrics then watch this official MV for LWJ's character song. it's is so beautiful, I literally burst out crying at the 'you-know-what' scene...

https://y.qq.com/n/yqq/mv/v/n0031qg6eg5.html

people were wrong to criticize you, Wang Yibo. I hope they slap themselves. you're the LWJ in my heart

I've melted. I'm bias towards Wang Yibo, he's perfect for LWJ. Thank you for the link! 

3 hours ago, shuwei said:

alright everyone read the lyrics then watch this official MV for LWJ's character song. it's is so beautiful, I literally burst out crying at the 'you-know-what' scene...

https://y.qq.com/n/yqq/mv/v/n0031qg6eg5.html

people were wrong to criticize you, Wang Yibo. I hope they slap themselves. you're the LWJ in my heart

where is the lyrics?

7 minutes ago, NEVERending said:

Someone just mentioned that China government can interrupt the show and my heart dropped! I hope and pray it airs successfully throughout. 

Yes they can. So I guess fans have to be low key about it. I think it will be risky once there's too much buzz about it being a romance between the main characters despite it being a bromance. 

Anyone here familiar with the situation with Addicted? 

• Like 1

40 minutes ago, VeryBerry said:

Yes they can. So I guess fans have to be low key about it. I think it will be risky once there's too much buzz about it being a romance between the main characters despite it being a bromance. 

We have so much more to ancticipate and watch. If the gov banned it, i gotta fly myself to their country.

I think Addicted is too obvious. The kissing, grope, and etc. 

• Like 1

12 minutes ago, MayJ said:

We have so much more to ancticipate and watch. If the gov banned it, i gotta fly myself to their country.

I think Addicted is too obvious. The kissing, grope, and etc. 

Yes addicted was really obvious with it being full on groping and everything. So it was justified when the show got banned (even though viki has all the episodes) 

but the untamed is subtle, okay with the recent MV’s out and LZ giving WWX a piggyback it may not be AS subtle but no where near as bad as Addicted.

• Like 1

58 minutes ago, VeryBerry said:

Thing is, the popularity for the untamed sky rocketed really fast. Addicted was very obvious in its romance and kissing. Since the untamed has none of this I don’t think the government will ban it.

the entire cast worked really hard for it and they must have been extra careful when shooting the show so that it wouldn’t get flagged