[Drama 2018-2019] Empress Dignity / The Last Empress, 황후의 품격

0ly40

SUNNY DECISION TO TAKE DOWN IMPERIAL FAMILY

LEE HYUK - JAILED AND DEPOSED 

(because attempt to murder, hit and run, threatening to kill) 

Actually DIVORCE from Sunny is best punishment, but I'm also afraid if he lost his control again... and what about GED last wish....

ED - DEPOSED, EXILED FROM THE PALACE ALONE, AND HER WEALTH MUST BE TAKEN

(because she is plotting some crime, and also corruption) 

SKH - SUICIDE/ DRINK POISON

(Kill The Empress is a UNFORGIVEN crime, if in Sageuk Drama, although who done this is the most beloved by King, death is the best punishment, but, she is A Ri birth mother, the punishment should about A Ri dignity) 

Min Yu Ra - JAILED 

(She also must be jailed for her crime, although she is show redemption in past episode , this maybe make she get light punishment)

THEN SUNNY CHOOSE IMPERIAL FAMILY NOT EXSISTING ANYMORE

LEE YOON - marry HEL RO, and he promise if he don't wanna the throne. 

A RI - just wanna life like other kids

SO JIN - run the mall, maybe she'll cry like a baby when she know Woo Bin die, or can she fall in love with Na Wang Shik (from begining episode)?, or maybe she'll leave the palace and doing some fashion or jawelry business, or follow Michelle

------------------------------------------------------

Dong Shik will back to his parents Min Yu Ra after she finish her punishment and Kang Joo Sung. And became A Ri friend's. Kang Joo Sung will be Chief Guard of Imperial Family. 

----------------------------------------------------------------------------

• Replies 3.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

After watching Return, i think the best way to get rid of a villain or villains is for them to fight each other. And die a lonely death and no one cares like Hakbum.

Spoiler

But TLE is not that dark. It was dark in the beginning. And it mellowed midway.

If it was dark like Return, we could have Nanny, ED and Hyuk fight each other battle royale style. But i don't actually want Hyuk to die. I have a soft spot for Hyuk. So jailed, dethroned, exiled or admitted into a mental hospital would be the punishments suitable for him hua3

2 hours ago, katakwasabi said:

Don't you think its a bit too late for new reveals? Huhuhu

Anyways...are we told anything about the necklace yet? The one with sunny is a fake right? The original one was found on Sohyun? Or is the one on Sohyun fake, the original with Sunny? So who forged the necklace? Why was the necklace drawn in Sohyun's book? Why was Sunny somewhat interested in the necklace before? Or is this just a plothole for us to overlook :ph34r:

well empress michelle is supposed to be a jewelry magnate... so am guessing that her expertise in jewels will come in handy in determining whether it is a fake or real?

Just now, katakwasabi said:

I super like the words Bin and Sunny said to Hyuk in the recent ep. 

Especially Bins:

'i thought you'd change after a near death experience, but I guess you just can't fix people. You are living proof'.

Bammm! That was right in his face. But Hyuk has a rock in his head, he does not compute how right Bin's words are. (CJH delivered these words awesomely, I hoped he said more)

Both Sunny and Bin's words were so direct, so barbed and on point. But Hyuk is so dense, so dim, so self absorbed to even realize that he is the one supremely wrong. Hyuk has a twisted way of thinking, he twists everything that others say and turn it to as if he is the victim. He plays victim quite a lot.

I think Bin has been delivering more strong words since he got to reveal himself as Na Wang Shik..I enjoyed those moments a lot..

hqqWHUl.png

3YOAlDv.png

00oRQnB.png

In ep 23 when he said to Lee Hyuk by the side of the falls "Jinja Saram Anida!" I  loved the tone of it so much that I keep repeating it.:P Sadly we only get two episodes of that.....Sigh!

Hyuk has gone too far to be redeemed in my opinion.. The writer really didn't need to show him that much abusive with forced kiss and choking Sunny. That's the second time we see him choking Sunny. He already has a twisted mind which are enough to prove he's an insane and immoral person, it was unnecessary to show his abusive self so vividly. But damages are done. If the drama now somehow try to redeem him and go lenient on him by showing another bright(!) side of him, I don't know about others but I won't be buying it.

I've said it before, I definitely don't want him to end up dead..That will be too easy conclusion for his character.

Just now, Lmangla said:

by the way, did anyone catch her cringe when she saw that thug (who tried to attack empress michelle) walk out from ED's quarters? she glared and seemed almost like she was also afraid? and she said something like "yes, thats him. I know it is." makes me wonder..

Yes I missed mentioning that. But like @katakwasabi said it's a bit too late for new reveal..Specially the ones we're not interested in. There are many things need to be addressed but writer seems to be very much focused in showing us new twist rather than clearing the existing one. :lol:

Just now, jbeanie1709 said:

this statement would ring true to anyone who have been following the series.

Right from the moment WS took the bullet in his head,  the writer had sealed his fate and started the story of WS surviving and planning his way into the palace to seek vengeance. At this late stage, every character in this show has an arc and proper closure. Even KJS (YR’s fiancé} has a story and a reason to exist in the drama. It would truly be an injustice to the character of WS if the writer leaves him MIA and justice not served. What I meant by injustice

1.Not getting the apology from LH in person for running her down and abandoning her after the accident

2. All his efforts of Planning/strategizing and being an ally to Sunny for the entire story only to leave her at the end to fight it on her own

3. Always on the receiving end of the constant beating/torture of the imperial family and losing his identity for the entire drama with the exception of the last episode.

i just do not know how the writer will spin the story to end the WS’s arc. She has gone too far in the storyline to make this work.

1. What made it impossible is that WS came back appointed as an investigator to unearth the corruption of the imperial family. It will be odd that this was introduced in epi48 together  with the empress Eun and disappear with no reports.

2. there is no way the writer will make him work behind the scenes to investigate it privately. He is the one the pivotal character in bringing down this family.

3.  Even if he has to die, they need to connect the dots as to what happened to him on the island. He had escaped death in the entire series with so many beatings and he dies in the hands of some workers/thugs in the island!!... hmm.. that will be hard to believe

4. it is also quite impossible to send him for surgery after collapsing from overdose of inhaling poppy flowers..

I am hoping that they had film extra footages to connect all the dots and give him a proper closure

@jbeanie1709, thanks for pointing out these important factors. I'd like to see how the Writer and PD clean this mess too. They've gone too far to back down just like that. It's disheartening in so many levels. :heartbreak:

Just now, jbeanie1709 said:

Having grand ED’s suicide is another stupid twist. Sunny has to bear the consequences of her death..the reason for her stay in the palace to uncover the mysterious death is really in vain.

While Grand ED's suicide is sorrowful but it really is a stupid twist. Even if we overlook how Sunny and Oh family had to go with all the trouble because of Grand ED's supposed murder, we can't ignore  that Team Manager Hong also chose to suicide because of the aftermath. Isn't that too cruel to Team Manager Hong?

I'm suspicious of this reveal. -_-

Spoiler

I don't know but I think the writer changed this half way of the drama.. may be recently. 

There are too many POV of this murder and none of those click. Tell me who put poison in Sunny's Kimbap? The answer should be ED because she's the one came with poison. But do you think she came to threat Grand ED with poison and came to check on her again in the same night to see whether she died or not? Is that even possible?

Lee Hyuk said he saw ED poisoning Sunny's Kimbap..Again he tried to kill Grand ED, failed to do so and came to check on her again?!

I don't how to interpret things regarding Grand ED's death anymore.

On 2/15/2019 at 11:18 PM, flutterby06 said:

I think I would be displeased if same thing happened to Shin Eun Kyung who plays Empress Dowager. Because she's one of the important character. If she was gone just like how CJH appearance ended, drama would definitely loose a part of it in my opinion. Because I'm a devoted TLE viewer.

It's not just Choi Jin Hyuk fans who're upset about this mess. Drama fans are dumbfounded by this news too.

So it's not just about CJH thinking he's the male lead. Even if you don't recognize NWS as male lead, his story is the base of why this all started. His mother got killed, Sunny became the alibi..NWS and OS wanted revenge. That's how this story started.

Any particular actor fans are drama fans too.. most of us are primarily a drama fan then we found our own favourite actors/actresses. If you say that you're basically a drama fan and see no problem in sudden major character gone without a proper conclusion it doesn't make sense to me. A drama fan would definitely like the drama to be able to tie it's loose thread to entertain us properly.

Yes, all the actors did super cool acting in TLE..The trio, Shin Eun Kyung , Lee Elijah, Eun So Yi even the child actors. All of them worked so hard for four long months but now such sudden change in the drama wouldn't be favourable. The drama production will definitely be criticized and the actors hard work as a whole may not going to get their deserved praise without restriction. As a drama fan I'm sad for that.

My sentiments exactly. In last episode, one moment Lee Hyuk chokes Sunny the next moment he cries for her. One moment he burns Sunny's evidence, next moment he works with Lee Yoon. It's time they pick a side and make him stable in one character. I was planning to talk about this but this happened.

I think the writer forgot what she wrote about the synopses: fighting against injustice: the powerless little people are fighting against the powerful, corrupt monarchy and toppling it.  Yes all this revenge saga was started with death of WS’s mom.  Sunny and WS are the central figures because their battle isn’t just about personal revenge.  Their low-keyed heartwarming relationship shows why they should triumph at the end against a group of noise, greedy, self-centered psychos.
These two, Sunny and WS, are barely making a living. They can only offer a small gesture through a handful of food, an inexpensive red scarf, or a common little bandage.  But they know what is important and what is really needed in a relationship: trust and care.  JNR and CJH knew about their characters: Sunny is an empress and married.  They developed their slow burning chemistry which needed a lot more screen time than what they were given in order for the viewers to feel and appreciate the intensity and restraint underneath the slow burning.  
I myself would have been missed about it early. Thanks to you and others, I began to see and appreciate as the noise and madness grew ever louder around them.  Unfortunately the scenes about their relationship became sporadic and were overshowed by LH’s crazy whip lashing acts.  
Yes There should be a balance between the good side and the bad side because the drama is about revenge and justice.  Maybe the writer doesn’t know how to create a rich/ nuanced character for the good side. If she had to spend more time not only with Sunny-WB but also LY or Byun, she didn’t have to fill in with all this nonsensical stuff she is tossing out.  This kind of stuff can work in a long daily as nobody can logically track down each blob over a span of a long 6mos.  
Am I seeing a bizarre warped chemistry of the writer and the pdnim??  hehe   To them, a nuanced LH is, love or twisted?, twisted or love? ….  Haha

1 hour ago, booha said:

I think the writer forgot what she wrote about the synopses: fighting against injustice: the powerless little people are fighting against the powerful, corrupt monarchy and toppling it.  Yes all this revenge saga was started with death of WS’s mom.  Sunny and WS are the central figures because their battle isn’t just about personal revenge.  Their low-keyed heartwarming relationship shows why they should triumph at the end against a group of noise, greedy, self-centered psychos.
These two, Sunny and WS, are barely making a living. They can only offer a small gesture through a handful of food, an inexpensive red scarf, or a common little bandage.  But they know what is important and what is really needed in a relationship: trust and care.  JNR and CJH knew about their characters: Sunny is an empress and married.  They developed their slow burning chemistry which needed a lot more screen time than what they were given in order for the viewers to feel and appreciate the intensity and restraint underneath the slow burning.  
I myself would have been missed about it early. Thanks to you and others, I began to see and appreciate as the noise and madness grew ever louder around them.  Unfortunately the scenes about their relationship became sporadic and were overshowed by LH’s crazy whip lashing acts.  
Yes There should be a balance between the good side and the bad side because the drama is about revenge and justice.  Maybe the writer doesn’t know how to create a rich/ nuanced character for the good side. If she had to spend more time not only with Sunny-WB but also LY or Byun, she didn’t have to fill in with all this nonsensical stuff she is tossing out.  This kind of stuff can work in a long daily as nobody can logically track down each blob over a span of a long 6mos.  
Am I seeing a bizarre warped chemistry of the writer and the pdnim??  hehe   To them, a nuanced LH is, love or twisted?, twisted or love? ….  Haha

I feel sorry for SN/WS. They're just characters in a drama, but the writer have made them so pitiful. Huhu.

I love this what you wrote about them: Sunny and WS are the central figures because their battle isn’t just about personal revenge.  Their low-keyed heartwarming relationship shows why they should triumph at the end against a group of noise, greedy, self-centered psychos. These two, Sunny and WS, are barely making a living. They can only offer a small gesture through a handful of food, an inexpensive red scarf, or a common little bandage.  But they know what is important and what is really needed in a relationship: trust and care.  JNR and CJH knew about their characters: Sunny is an empress and married.  They developed their slow burning chemistry which needed a lot more screen time than what they were given in order for the viewers to feel and appreciate the intensity and restraint underneath the slow burning.

This is an apt description of their relationship. I want to knock all the production team on their heads.

Hey everyone. It's been a while. I just saw the most recent episodes and laughed the whole way. It is getting more ridiculous (still entertaining) but everyone knows the writer has lost it - it's all over the place! I also read the news about CJH not able to be in the extension episodes; it is unfortunate all around and that if they ended originally instead, the story would have been tighter and stronger. How can you end a drama without BOTH lead protagonists? I didn't mind the slow burning romance between them because it was realistic but it's sad and very disappointing that there is no time for them to develop at all. Too much time devoted to villains and their never ending scheming. I'm a fan of JNR, CJH and SSR and they've all did a great job but now it's time to wrap-up before it gets any more disappointing. 

After watching lots of dramas, i observe that the OST usually compliment the storyline of a drama and its characters.

So, lets take a look at the OSTs and the official MVs while waiting for the finale B)

OST 1: Jang Duk Chul - What Would It Have Been Like

3213748.jpg

Why did I have to meet you now?
Would it have been better if it was a different day?
Days I didn’t have any hope
It hurt so much that I couldn’t sleep
But the tears that you taught me
Make me have hopes to smile again

What would it have been like?
If I had a lot to give you?
To the point where your warm heart wouldn’t get hurt
A happy person, if only that’s me

Why did I meet you here?
Would it have been better if it was a different place?
Days I was afraid, even of the wind
I’m drawing you out again, hurting out of longing
My heart hasn’t reached you, my young heart
I didn’t know before that it would become a scar

If I had a lot to give you?
To the point where your warm heart wouldn’t get hurt
A happy person, if only that’s me

It’s getting clearer with time
You’ve filled up my faded heart
Even if I can’t protect you
I’ll definitely be with you
Just like now

If I recognized you a bit earlier?
As much as your heart hadn’t wandered
If only I could’ve waited for you one step ahead

Other OSTs to follow~ hoho

OST 2: Gaho - I Hope its Not The End / Not Over

DtuU8Z-UwAIR6_-.jpg

There was never such a thing as fate since the beginning
In the time given to us
From some point, my life has broken down
And from some point, everything I had
Was taken away from me
Saying that it was what’s best for me

Will you tell me that it’s not too late?
How can I stand up again?
So that I can protect myself?
Will you give me an answer on where I should go?
Or how can I turn back my broken time?

I always thought everything was supposed to be like this
That nothing could be changed
Who was the one who blocked me?
Who was the one who knew but hid the truth?
Is the me of the present the me that I wanted to be?

How can I stand up again?
So that I can protect myself?
Or how can I turn back my broken time?
Has it all ended?

Where do I hae to start?
Can I overcome myself?
I want to go back to the beginning
When I wasn’t the person I am now
If this isn’t over yet

Other OSTs to follow~ hoho

Ost 3: Kei - Express My Heart

3223518.jpg

The world is still so quiet
As if nothing happened at all
I’m still under the warm covers, dreaming
Let me be a little more lazy

The sunlight fills the room, I feel refreshed
As if it’s singing a good song for me
I’m so relieved that I met you
With these small lips, I’m remember you today

Like a lie, my time goes by too quickly
Ever since I first met you
If I had to express my world with my heart
You and I, I can draw us out
Becoming one

The word love isn’t enough
We look so beautiful in your eyes
At the end of a long day, we can lean on each other
I love you today

Like a lie, my time goes by too quickly
Ever since I first met you
Becoming one

I want to color the white world with you
Let’s go together
I’m closing my eyes
Slowly trying to tell you my heart
Forever stay with me

The last quarter moon rises tonight
It’s so beautiful
I want to hold your hand and follow the moon
Becoming one

OST 4: Park Ji Min - Low Voice

3228066.jpg

A tremble that’s hidden by a secret
Passes through my ears
A silence that sinks in the darkness
A sadness that’s fallen in deep confusion
On a strange path that can’t go back
Take me away, yes I know
Change the hidden truth
It’s going to spill out
The sadness that came will disappear
I want to loudly shout with a low voice
I can’t get you out of my head
Hotly rising up
When it blossoms
I won’t know if it’s light or dark
I can’t get you out of my mind
Living like you’re being chased
You’re in silence
There’s no care in the world, it’s an unclear light
So cold
The hidden lies about you
Follows several shadows
It goes back, oh why
Tell me why
was a fool
The old scars that go deep
Might make you stronger
and make it right
this time this time
Change the hidden truth
It’s going to spill out
The sadness that came will disappear
I want to loudly shout with a low voice
Hotly rising up
When it blossoms
You’re in silence
The impatient eyes
Have changed this fate
Spring days will come again
Hotly rising up
When it blossoms
You’re in silence

OST 5: Seo Ji Ahn - Just One Day

3232929.jpg

My heart is shaking
No matter how much I pretend it’s not

When I close my eyes, I think of you
And it makes it harder

When you turned around, why did you look so sad?
I’m right next to you

Look at me, just for one day
I’ll embrace your aching heart
My heart is filled with you
My feelings keep growing, what do I do?

Don’t be in pain, turn around for a moment
I’m right here

Look at me, just for one day
I’ll embrace your aching heart
My heart is filled with you
My feelings keep growing, what do I do?

Slowly come to me
If only I could feel your breath for a moment

Even if only pain remains, the memories are so precious
Words I could never tell you: I love you

Come into my arms, just for one day
I don’t care if I’m just a passing person to you
My love is strong for you
I’ll be a ray of light to make you smile
Just for one day

@daisybeen.. I will join you in knocking the heads of production team plus the writer. I will bring a bigger mallet.:rolleyes: And thank you @katakwasabi for posting all the OSTs.

i think Writer nim lost her GPS while writing. She was too excited about her villians and forgot about the synopsis of the story. Even the OSTs aptly tells the story of WS and Sunny esp OST 3 and 5..  but now a bit too late to make U -turn

sigh.. yes.. i am still very sore and angry of this mess.

@Super Gal99 I am hoping that the end is really Sunny and WS wheeling their luggages out. No new footages of CJH but the writer uses this scene. LH’s dream became a reality. That would satisfy me greatly and will also fulfill what WS told LH at the cliff.. you will lose eveyone that you come to love!

just love all the child actors in this drama..plus  I miss NWS aka uri hottie, aka my Bin. :tears:

OST 6: Ki Ryun - Open Ending

(At time of writing, this ost does not have an official MV)

When I think of you, I laugh
When I look at you again, tears come
Times so precious that it hurts
After it passed, I’m here, in this place
We’re looking at the same place

It’s too early to tell you I love you
It’s too early for us to grow apart from here
Where will the hidden tomorrow take me?
I don’t know but I promise you
I won’t ever lose you

Days frozen in a deep maze
Every time, I think
Of how you would be standing at the end of this road

Where will the hidden tomorrow take me?
I don’t know but I promise you

I’ll always protect
Though this isn’t the fairy tale ending
No matter what ending it is, if I’m with you

The hidden tomorrow makes me nervous sometimes
But I believe in my heart that has written a happy ending

Spoiler

Some variations in translation

This line:

Has also been translated to this:

We are not yet to say love

But we're not gonna get away from here

Dunno which one is the right translation. I'm just sharing what i found hehehe :sweatingbullets:

To those who believe that there are supposed to be  no Sunny and Wang Shik romance since the beginning 

Some in this thread and many in SNS are trying to say how Sunny and Wang Shik were not supposed to be couple, just partner with same goal...I just remembered today that Jang Nara and Choi Jin Hyuk together presented the couple awards in 2018. Here's what they had to say on their love line..

Choi Jin Hyuk

2qad8uH.jpg

Jang Na Ra

D3975Va.jpg

So they were presenting couple awards..CJH clearly told he wanted to have the couple award with Hwangu Mama and JNR clearly said though at this moment they're more focused in revenge than love but by next year they're supposed to fall in love. So she asked for support and interest from the viewers.

If anyone is interested to see the video i'm leaving the link bellow. It starts from 1:26:30.

So you see The Last Empress not only promised us Sunny - Wang Shik romance to the viewers but also to it's actors. Surely Choi Jin Hyuk and Jang Nara knew what they were talking about. So if the production don't want to go through the promise we'll know they had changed the story line at the last moment and obviously deceived us.

Archived