[Drama 2018-2019] Encounter / Boyfriend, 남자친구

@tlireal in going to ihwa mural village. My starting point is changdeokgung palace, i took bus 162, on the 3rd stop which is korea national open university i get off and near the bus stop is an alley going there.  or u can walk at the end of the street turn left and when u see mini stop store turn right.  at the end u will see wooden stairs leading to the painting where they sit and imitate the girl and man in the painting. From there, few walks and you will find the stairs leading to the scene where jh propose to sh.  i 'll give u the exact address later. 

• Thanks 1

Ihwa mural village...

The address of the cafe in the stairs....gaebbal museum and cafe 26 naksanseonggwakseo 1-gil ihwa-dong , jongno-gu

The one with the painting on the stone seat.....57 yulgok-ro 19-gil road.

The Namsan library is near namsan park and namdaemun market

• Insightful 1
  • Thanks 1

Probably the playground was already due for demolition and transformation into a carpark when they filmed there and writernim decided to include it in the dialogs how it will be gone soon. That's cool. Putting reality into the script. Too bad we can no longer visit it tho. :tears:

• Like 6

It's really sad to see the playground as a different one. Though everything around it remain the same. The cross that illuminates when they are in the playground is from the adjacent church.

When i visited YP bookstore, i bought the 3 books featured in Encounter. Though i don't know how can i read:rolleyes:it, well, for souvenir.

The  book I see you as i see flower is the 8th bestseller in the bookstore. The book If the wave is the job of the sea...you can check youtube of LTI Korea, and the writer Kim Yeonsu talks about the main character Camilla.

(And the book SHK posted several weeks after, by the french author is the 29th bestseller).

I want to post some pictures here, but sorry i don't know how.:anguished:

• Like 3
  • Love 2

1 hour ago, ImAryaStark said:

Can we buy online the books featured in the drama? 

@ImAryaStark yes, you can buy it online. You can check the website of youngpoong bookstore and kyobo bookstore, though both are in Seoul.  I see you as i see flowers can be bought through ebay and another one i forgot the name. Check google.  Though more expensive.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

On 5/26/2019 at 7:57 AM, roshzanna said:

It's really sad to see the playground as a different one. Though everything around it remain the same. The cross that illuminates when they are in the playground is from the adjacent church.

When i visited YP bookstore, i bought the 3 books featured in Encounter. Though i don't know how can i read:rolleyes:it, well, for souvenir.

The  book I see you as i see flower is the 8th bestseller in the bookstore. The book If the wave is the job of the sea...you can check youtube of LTI Korea, and the writer Kim Yeonsu talks about the main character Camilla.

(And the book SHK posted several weeks after, by the french author is the 29th bestseller).

I want to post some pictures here, but sorry i don't know how.:anguished:

Upload in postimages.org and copy the "direct link" it will automatically appear. 

• Thanks 1

Just found out that there is writer Yoo Young Ah in this photo (on the left, with Block B P.O)

Y3y7lYc.jpg

--------------------

And I just want to share this.

A red-dot abstract painting by Kim Whan-ki (1913-74) was sold for 7.2 billion won ($6.1 million), becoming the second-most-expensive Korean artwork.

Source http://www.koreatimes.co.kr/www/art/2019/05/691_269561.html

That is not Kim Whan-ki's painting under the Hongnam Bridge. Look similar but different.

• Like 7

On 5/27/2019 at 10:27 AM, roshzanna said:

@ImAryaStark yes, you can buy it online. You can check the website of youngpoong bookstore and kyobo bookstore, though both are in Seoul.  I see you as i see flowers can be bought through ebay and another one i forgot the name. Check google.  Though more expensive.

Thank you. I'm still deciding whether I'll spend money on books I can't read hehehe. But I want to. :sweatingbullets:

• LOL 1

I put this drama on hold months ago at episode 13 because I just couldn’t bear to watch CSH get hurt by that selfish cowardly woman that is KJH’s mother. I always have a problem with an interested party going to the other party instead of directly to the person they claim they’re trying to protect. Why didn’t she ask KJH directly to break up with CSH instead of going behind his back and hurt someone else’s precious child? Quite frankly, regardless of whether her concern is valid or not, she should not have approached CSH in this way.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

10 hours ago, celebrianna said:

I put this drama on hold months ago at episode 13 because I just couldn’t bear to watch CSH get hurt by that selfish cowardly woman that is KJH’s mother. I always have a problem with an interested party going to the other party instead of directly to the person they claim they’re trying to protect. Why didn’t she ask KJH directly to break up with CSH instead of going behind his back and hurt someone else’s precious child? Quite frankly, regardless of whether her concern is valid or not, she should not have approached CSH in this way.

That was a problem for me, too.  But the thing that was even worse was some of the posting that went on here about it--people were being really vile and ugly about his mom.  Completely finished me for this drama and drove me away from this forum for awhile.  I still haven't finished it; possibly never will.  And I'm a lot less trusting about what I post now.

I can't understand fully why his mother would do what she did but, given how some other moms have behaved in KDramas, I suspect it's a cultural thing that isn't familiar to me--like she was being a tiger mom protecting her cub or something.  (All I know is that my mother sure as heck never acted that protective--she had a tendency to watch and laugh while I messed up my life.)  There's an "over the top" quality in KDramas to some family matters (like not accepting people who are adopted or who have had family tragedies) or to grief (lots of screaming and howling there).  I can only assume that it's mirroring life.  But, honestly, it's nothing like I've ever known, so I marked down his mom's stupid move as something folks in Korea would find understandable even if a Westerner like me doesn't get it.

• Like 1

About Kim Jin Hyuk's mom... 

That's the Asian culture. Parents interference with their children's relationships are very much alive up to this day and age.  

Consciousness on the difference in social status is also very much alive in Asia. 

On how they will interfere, that largely depends on the character of the person. On this drama, writer made Jin Hyuk's mom approach Soo Hyun  instead of talking to him. It happens a lot of times. I have a high school friend in personal life who had a Korean ex boyfriend. The guy was studying in our country and became her classmate. They were in love. We often went out together with our group. After college, they talked about marriage. They suddenly broke up. My friend recently opened up to me around last year the reason why, that it was because the mom of her bf talked to her and told her how he would not be given share of family business if he marries her. Sounds like a Kdrama but it was true in real life. 

• Like 8