Quantcast
marykarmelina

[Drama 2018-2019] Encounter / Boyfriend, 남자친구

Jus posting the title and sub-heading of the news article of Park Bo Gum's fan meet. Please note that reporter is from Korea Times

South Korean heartthrob actor Park Bo-gum ‘meets’ up to 4,000 Bangkok fans during Asian Tour

• The star of hit series such as ‘Encounter’ and ‘Reply 1988’ also plans to visit cities such as Singapore, Hong Kong and Jakarta

https://www.scmp.com/magazines/style/people-events/article/2187297/south-korean-heartthrob-actor-park-bo-gum-meets-4000

• Like 4

2 hours ago, Cheryl295 said:

What is the basis of this Soompi Awards why SHK and PBG are not nominated in acting categories. WTF is that. 

I read in Twitter that the cut off for nominations was Nov 30. The drama aired Nov 28. I wasnt even aware that there was a nomination :huh:

==============

This is the subbed version.

P.O. Showing off his selfie with SHK

Start at 1:55

@thepixies

chingu, i sent you a message :) 

:lol:

Look at the 7th slide

Did you really have to bite her lip Jun Hyuk-ah? :joy:

• Like 4
  • LOL 4
  • Love 1

8 hours ago, thepixies said:

Possible alternate Encounter scenarios?  Uri soojin are so gorgeous.

Waiting for someone to write a fanfic

I like the second one the best. That can easily be a scene out of their future drama together!

I miss them so much!

Chingus this is driving me crazy

can y’all remember this particular shot in episode 10? I think this was right after he said “I love you” based on the position of his hands, but we never saw this wide angle shot in the original broadcast! Right? Righhhht? Lol

• Like 4
  • Love 1

12 hours ago, stardustvoid said:

I like the second one the best. That can easily be a scene out of their future drama together!

I miss them so much!

ㅠ ㅠ ㅠ I miss them too ㅠ ㅠ ㅠ

Spoiler

Someone posted on weibo two video fics of an alternate Encounter.  She used actual dialogue and scenes from the drama but turned them into a totally different scenario. But viewer warning: these are tragedies. So tissues at the ready.  Here’s one of the vidfics: 

https://m.bilibili.com/video/av42189637.html?share_medium=android&share_source=copy_link&bbid=XY43ED240C47EA5D63FA8F81DDAE17A04D0BF&ts=1548889169937

Chingus this is driving me crazy

can y’all remember this particular shot in episode 10? I think this was right after he said “I love you” based on the position of his hands, but we never saw this wide angle shot in the original broadcast! Right? Righhhht? Lol

I don’t remember (which means I’ll need to do an Encounter revision) but I doubt SD’s claim that there are no more bts. 

• Like 6

Encounter airs in Japan on March 21st and this a promotional interview with Park Bo gum. Shimkun❤Hanryu 

Translated by me and google translate..

Please excuse us if it sounds gibberish :sweatingbullets:

https://hominis.media/category/overseas/post3357/?utm_source=SNS&utm_medium=tw&utm_campaign=sptv_hanryu&utm_content=20190227_simukun

"Angel 's smile" What is a healing place for Park Bogum ? | Simkun ♥ Korean style

D0dJdd6UcAAN_3L.jpg

Park Bogum appears again in Shimkun ❤ Hanryu! We listened to the story behind the drama "Boyfriend (Original)"!

- He went on a drama for the first time in 2 years with the drama "Boyfriend (Original)". He plays a young man Jin Hyuk who falls in love with heroine · Soo Hyun who is higher in position and age than himself. During the drama, the so - called "Hong Dong art museum" (I think this refers to Hongjecheon @ Hongjaedong) where the two of you went out dating became a hot topic.

"It's a really wonderful place. I've passed it before, but I have never observed the pictures carefully before. You can appreciate the pictures slowly and you can exercise there, so I would recommend it as a dating place. When it gets warmer, I would like you to go there."

- When something happens, Jin Hyuk would go to the park near his house to think. For Mr. Bogum, where is the "healing place"?

"Uchi (home)! My home. As expected, the house I live with my family brings the most healing for me. My heart feels warm from the moment I walk through the entrance."

- In the drama, beautiful lines, persuasive lines, sympathetic lines were interwoven.

"Yes, there were lots of very emotional phrases, and I think people in Japan will like this work for sure."

- What was the most impressive line?

"In the dialogue of Chief Nam (Ko Chang Seok)," No matter how much money you have, the years will pass quickly. Because the flow of time is fast, I want the two of you to cherish your time together and live a more happy life." This message warmed my heart and I want to convey this to a lot of people."

- Jin Hyuk confesses to Soo Hyun that "he wishes to be a meaningful person  to her". We do not confess this way in Japan ........

"Really? How do you usually confess? (Laugh)"

- I think we use common words such as "I like you" or "Please be my girlfriend".

"I see. I felt this confession was very characteristic of Jin Hyuk. It felt fresh to me. I thought it was a nice confession."

- Will you use it in the future?

"A meaningful person ... Maybe ...... I think this confession works because it was Jin Hyuk who said it (lol)"  (Me: so I guess Bogum will not be using it :joy:)

- The teaching of Jin Hyuk's father "The money earned by the body is precious" was also word that strikes home. Is there a teaching from your father that you still remember and follows closely, even now?

"Be humble".  I try to always remember this.

- It is difficult to always "be humble".

"Yes, I feel like I need to put in effort sometimes... I always pray so that I do not forget my initial intention. I think when I feel happiness and gratitude for the work I am doing now, I am remembering the feelings of humility.

- What is the love between Soo Hyun and Jin Hyuk like?

"A love that complements each other's missing parts and listen to each other's story. I think that it was such a romance."

- Please tell me your favorite scenes in their romantic scenes.

"It is the scene where we have a video call. We filmed at a different time, in a different place, but thanks to editing, it became a nice scene. It was a scene that makes me feel Soo Hyun and Jin Hyuk are just like a couple in reality. It makes my fluttered. The other scene is in the company lobby where Jin Hyuk summoned up his courage and he went to Soo Hyun to say "Let's go and eat ramen”. I think this scene was really cool. The words that followed that scene was, "I do not know exactly what this emotions of mine is but I will not make you feel sad, this is my feeling". I thought that these words expresses Jin Hyuk's character. "

- It was a really cool scene! Was it filmed without NG during shooting?

"I think I got an OK after one take. I'm the type to put in effort to concentrate on important scenes. But, my mind have blanked out before, when the feeling of "I absolutely want to do well" gets too intense.

- For the first time in your work, you played an "office worker", how was the role of a "company employee"?

"(In Japanese) It was interesting. Desk work itself - acting while sitting at the desk- was a lot of fun. Of course, it depends on the character. It was also fun to do the check in / check out with the customers at the front desk. I would like to do it again if I have the opportunity. "

- How do you usually spend your time in the hotel?

"I think I do the same thing as everyone else ....... Sometimes I watch movies and if there's a gym I go to exercise. I went in Japan as well."

- Are you training your body?

"Rather than training, I am doing it for my health. It feels good to sweat."

--Finally. Please tell us the highlights of the drama.

"The story begins with a fateful encounter between Soo Hyun and Jin Hyuk in Cuba. I have heard that this is the first Korean Drama that films in Cuba. I think you will enjoy the beautiful scenery and emotions of Cuba. In addition, as a result of their encounter Jin Hyuk and Soo Hyun will experience their first love, pains, and trials. The two characters growing through their experiences is also something to look forward to."

• Like 4
  • Love 6
  • Thanks 6

So I checked 14th soompi awards which the voting poll has officially begun last February 27th ends on March 27th 2019 , unfortunately Encounter drama, PBG and Kyo aren't nominated :tears: Maybe they'll include them in nomination list next year because Encounter's airing date was late of November last year:sweatingbullets:

• Like 4
  • Sad 2

PBG and SHK are nominated for Best Couple as well as the Encounter soundtrack.

Only Ep 1 and 2 are within the cut off period. So this is probably why its not included yet in acting categories.

I hope so that for acting category they will be included next year.

It is not a big awards Korean event but still, I find it so unfair and biased that there were many of the nominees who were not even nominated in big Korean Awards Nights. Our SHK and PBG deserves to be recognized. They were super good in Encounter as compared to other Soompi nominees. 

• Like 8
  • Love 1

5 hours ago, Cheryl295 said:

Let’s focus on this part then.

Do we need to vote or something?

• Like 4

4 hours ago, Cheryl295 said:

Only Ep 1 and 2 are within the cut off period. So this is probably why its not included yet in acting categories.

I hope so that for acting category they will be included next year.

It is not a big awards Korean event but still, I find it so unfair and biased that there were many of the nominees who were not even nominated in big Korean Awards Nights. Our SHK and PBG deserves to be recognized. They were super good in Encounter as compared to other Soompi nominees. 

Yes it's not a big or prestigious awards in k-ent but they have to win in acting category and encounter best drama  next year cause they deserve it! Kyo already won best actress as Kang Mo-Yeon in DOTS in previous sompi awards . Hope she wins again next year!  PBG and encounter have to win as well.

• Like 5

Tomorrow Encounter will be on air in Thailand.(2 March 2019) on Ch 7 (Main Channel with widest coverage of audiences in Thailamd)

Game for Park Bo Gum’s and Song Hye Kyo’s autograph. 2 pieces per week

Interview

• Like 5
  • Love 1
  • Thanks 1

If Encounter has only 2 episodes prior to the cut-off date, how many episodes are needed to be included in the nomination?

One drama that is nominated is only one week ahead of the encounter's airing.

:wacko::tears:

P.S.

downloaded the app, done with the voting

• Like 2

999F46395C7279F919

Determined Jinhyuk, hwaiting!

(credit: daum cafe)

D-cut DVD Campaign Update:

@applegirl2 has now sent the list of signatories/names to our Korean contact. 

In total we have gathered 529 names. We have 169 from Soompi and Instagram combined, and another 360 from weibo. Thank you all for signing and encouraging the Korean campaigners. 

This is the reply from the Korean contact:

Thank you for your e-mail. Many Korean fans were impressed for the help of overseas fans.

I will try my best for re-promoting Blu-ray/DVD of drama boyfriend (Encounter)

have a nice day !

@applegirl2 and I would also like to thank 

_不要犹豫 and Bogummy今天发微博了吗 who helped us tremendously on weibo.  Thanks for getting the message out and compiling all the names! 感谢中国粉丝们给力。 我们真的是感激不尽!

Soompiers, please continue to contact Studio Dragon (and if you have Bon Factory’s contacts, please share!) to let them know how much you appreciate Encounter/ Boyfriend. Let’s hope SD will change their minds!

I know it seems rather quixotic but there’s no use giving up without trying our best. 

"당신은 이별을 해요. 

난 사랑을 할 겁니다."

- 김진혁

Hwaiting! 

• Like 6
  • Love 4
  • Thanks 2

many thanks for your efforts too.

you gathered a lot from the weibo account, so there are lot of chinese fans who also love encounter drama.

• Like 5
  • Thanks 1