Quantcast
marykarmelina

[Drama 2018-2019] Encounter / Boyfriend, 남자친구

@Cheryl295 great posts and thanks! 

Jamsan gave an interview to a Japanese magazine about the art and illustrations.

Would be great if one of the Japanese fans translated for us! 

• Like 2
  • Love 3
  • Thanks 1

Spoiler

:lol: I was just intending to lurk there as I also like that drama couple, but when I saw they were talking about Encounter and spreading fake infos, I felt I need to post. 

I may have other favorites but this drama and of course SHK is first and foremost for me. 

Chingus, there are Japanese fans of SHK and also of PBG that are very articulate in English on twitter maybe they can help us translate. 

• Like 2
  • Love 3

37 minutes ago, dukesa1122 said:

I judt noticed the design on CSH shoes there. I love it. I thought it was all black. Now I know :D

Isn't that the leaves of the plant? :lol:

• Like 1

I'm still hoping that Japan can somehow be instrumental in the release of our DVD. Fingers and toes crossed! Can you believe it's been almost half a year since the first episode aired?? 6 months, ladies and gents, 6 months! Woah

• Like 3
  • Sad 2
  • Thanks 2

Another summarized part of PD’s Japanese interview 

PD says adding illustrations was his idea, he is a big fan of the illustrator. He thought that given JinHyuk’s interest in photography and SOoHyun’s love for art that such using illustrations that captured the essence of the episode would be very apt. While the drama isn’t a tragedy he wanted the idea of a possibility of tragic events to be communicated. 

He also says he changed the order of scenes and improvised some scenes. When asked for an example he states that the balcony kiss was actually supposed to be an indoor kiss. The couple was supposed to kiss in front of everyone in the masked ball but he thought it felt too awkward given the story so he decided to change the location. The weather was horrible that day and the Director was sick, seems everyone was having a hard time when that kiss scene was shot. 

Sorry @nani89 for the confusion! 

• Like 2
  • Insightful 2
  • Thanks 6

He should have explained whether anything happened between KJH and CSH in Cuba after that hot balcony kiss and he was sleepy at the airport the mornig after :lol:

• Like 2
  • LOL 6

4 hours ago, ahdrianaa said:

He also says he changed the order of scenes and improvised some scenes. When asked for an example he states that the balcony kiss was actually supposed to be an indoor kiss.

Indoor kiss you say? You mean it was supposed to happen inside her hotel room?? :w00t: PD became a prude and opened it up to interpretation instead.

That's as indoor-sy as we can get in that episode in Cuba. :lol:

• Like 1
  • LOL 5

1 minute ago, stardustvoid said:

Indoor kiss you say? You mean it was supposed to happen inside her hotel room?? :w00t: PD became a prude and opened it up to interpretation instead.

That's as indoor-sy as we can get in that episode in Cuba. :lol:

Hahaha. No. 

The script stated that the kiss would take place in the ballroom where everyone was dancing but PD thought that it would be out of character for the two to kiss in front of everyone like that.

• Like 3
  • LOL 3

1 minute ago, ahdrianaa said:

Hahaha. No. 

The script stated that the kiss would take place in the ballroom where everyone was dancing but PD thought that it would be out of character for the two to kiss in front of everyone like that.

Oh you meant the balcony kiss in episode 8? LMAO. My mind automatically thought of episode 10

I do agree with PD tho, it would be OOC to do it in front of everyone

• Like 2
  • LOL 1
  • Love 1

D6RxrtaUIAAKAE6.jpg

@ahdrianaa; Thanks for the translation! If you remember, at the height of the live recapping of Encounter, specifically after Episode 8. several in the thread ranted about the angle of the kiss:D: The angle was wrongly shot...the romantic scene was not as beautiful as the one in the preview...Now I understand...the PD was sick, the weather was harsh...these really had an adverse impact on the filming of the scene. After Ep. 8, they also took a break and the drama was not aired for a week.

• Like 4
  • Insightful 4

Dont know if this was shared yet.

Lovely fan art

Miss our JinSoo so much :wub:

Encounter will start airing in Vietnam on May 13 HTV 2 Channel.

ctto

• Like 2
  • Love 1