[Drama 2018-2019] Encounter / Boyfriend, 남자친구

Mr Nam is the real MVP :wub:

Thanks for sharing @leedonghaek. I’m glad that despite this being tagged as a “controversial” drama (rolling my eyes at the obvious), majority of the responses have been overwhelmingly positive. Goes to show that good writing and acting will always trump all these unnecessary “controversies” :)

• Like 8

I noticed about KJH is there when CSH about to sit down see the sunset and I was wondering how he will go to her (turns out he sees CSH about to fall asleep he immediately catch her). maybe he is hesitate to approach her but still worried to see a woman alone in foreign country so he keep an eye, 

(I'm thinking about buying sulwashoo lip serum:lol:)

• Like 7

2 hours ago, dukesa1122 said:

I love your post but I have to disagree with this. CSH has been fighting for him ever since she decided  to go on a pre-relationship stage with him. The very fact that she agreed to enter to that stage with him, she’s been fighting more odds than she is showing to JH. Her hotel is everything to her and even knowing that she might lose that, she still went ahead and  fought for him. She announced their relationship in front of everyone, despite knowing all the gaps between them. So no, i dont think CSH hasn’t been fighting as much as KJH for their relationship to work. This is the beauty of this drama, we can see our leads both giving a little and losing a little just to make the relationship work.

First, I never said that she didn't fight for him. I just wrote that she never confessed her love to him directly.

Yes, she made a clear move in front of the journalists but don't forget that the day after nothing appeared in the media as director Choi had stopped them to write about it. Secondly, a some-relationship is not the same than having a boyfriend. (Sure, she just told them the truth.) This explains why JWS thought that he still had some chance, when he heard that KJH would still move to Sokcho. If she had loved him, she would have stopped the transfer... this is what JWS thought.

JH knew all along that he already loved her but he knew that he had to wait for her hence he proposed the some-relationship. KJH was clearly the one who confessed his love for her first with the camera, with the ball. When JH asked her to take  a picture, he wondered if he acted like a stalker, to which CSH replied: this is what a boyfriend would do. Her words were ambiguous. She allowed him to act like a boyfriend but she never said that she recognizes him as a boyfriend. Besides before,she had clearly said that she would remain in that some-relationship for a while. KJH was the one who asked if he could become her boyfriend. 

Only with the separation, CSH realized how she felt about him: the pain it caused. CSH was rather more passive, she only reacted to what was happening around her. Like I had written before, she was really active in the second episode and sent signals of interest to KJH but it was more about friendship.

Therefore I wish, she would become more proactive. When JWS told her that he liked her, she should have added that she had already a boyfriend and she was not interested. JWS thought, he had some chance till the ball, therefore he went there hoping to rekindle with her. Sure, I can understand her reaction because she never expected a confession from JWS, she thought that he had never loved her.  

• Like 10
  • Thanks 2

1 hour ago, gumtaek said:

They never had year-end awards night.

tvN had a 10th year anniversary awards night in 2016

It seems Kim Jin Hyuk's scene of walking in the direction of the Namsan Library with a voiceover of his Donghwa Hotel job interview ( start of Episode 2) was on the same day Cha Soo Hyun was was walking and stopping by a store which sells artwork (Episode 1). We know that she bought the artwork on display because it was the backdrop of our Jinsoo couple's hug in Episode 7.

Yup, it happened on the same day!

Oh I see, Now I know the reason. Thank you very much @gumtaek ! I'm enlightened now!:wub:

• Like 5

1 hour ago, bebebisous33 said:

Yes, she made a clear move in front of the journalists but don't forget that the day after nothing appeared in the media as director Choi had stopped them to write about it.

When she made the move to announce their some relationship, she didn’t know then that the news will be stopped by Choi as KJH said (when WS talked to him at the bus stop), a confession like that doesnt come easy with her. But she confessed anyway, in front of her ex-MIL, mother and taegyong group.

Secondly, a some-relationship is not the same than having a boyfriend.

Basing on the way she struggled in her car with the timing of everything thats happening and then completely doing a 360 and accepted KJH proposal of some relationship is something big for her.

Besides before,she had clearly said that she would remain in that some-relationship for a while.

I don’t know but I consider this scene as a joke when she said that. I considered by CSH not saying no to moving on from some stage is a yes. 

The part when WS told CSH that he likes her and is always thinking about her, I unserstand that was a surprise. After pretending to not love her and for begging for a divorce to be with his “dream” woman and then he pulled that on her. You can’t automatically expect her to rebut telling she already has a boyfriend.

Therefore I wish, she would become more proactive. 

Considering where she was on the first episodes, that caged, sad rich person? Small things that she make is leaps and bounds for her. And KJH appreciates and sees that. Whats good is, we slowly see CSH open up, doing the first move little by little. She always calls him first, she didnt even make the embarassing face anymore when she txted him if he wants to have dinner with her. Subtle things showing that she’s slowly becoming proactive and assertive with him.

I guess what I’m saying is that, you cant expect her to be as proactive as KJH right away. Thats what KJH is there for. To make her see that it’s fine to do those things with him.

===================

@stardustvoid

I searched for it again and it was the “Most Buzzworthy Drama”. 

• Like 9
  • Thanks 5

One thing am really hoping to see is CSH n KJH to be more informal n comfortable with each other.. while it's very cute to see their first awkward interactions n hugs as couple,would love to see them be more playful n less formal like a normal couple. With easy hugs n kisses.. hope we get to see that soon

• Like 10

5 minutes ago, nikir said:

One thing am really hoping to see is CSH n KJH to be more informal n comfortable with each other.. while it's very cute to see their first awkward interactions n hugs as couple,would love to see them be more playful n less formal like a normal couple. With easy hugs n kisses.. hope we get to see that soon

Me too, the hopeless romantic that I am :wub: feels like this drama is divided into two acts

Act 1 - getting to know you to ‘some’ stage

Act 2 - Namjachingu stage?

I mean if he is already her boyfriend for the rest of the series then it’d be nice to show them doing normal couple-y stuff. But of course, it can’t all be just fluff, the angst has come in some form somehow

• Like 10

@dukesa1122 I know, for her these are big steps... yet there is a certain pattern. JH had to remark that she was hesitating with him. His observation pushed her to take his arm. Besides, JH entered her world and not the other way around. And at some point, CSH will have to ask herself: what is important to her? The hotel or JH? KJH allowed the transfer because he knows how much it means to her. Sure, she acknowledged that the hotel lost a little its importance in her life but she is still fighting for the hotel, hence there is this lawsuit. 

But the moment she gives up on that hotel, Chairman Kim has no longer any power over her. Giving up the CEO seat means that she cuts ties with Taeyeong Group and JWS's family permanently. 

• Like 9
  • Thanks 1

@dukesa1122 That also explains why CSH could never fall in love with her husband who kept waiting for her. He was himself never active, he was just like her passive. I enjoyed our discussion too. During our exchange, I was still able to cook!:D

What I am looking forward is a meeting between CSH's father and JH. So far, they haven't met yet but I am quite sure, the father will be the first one to make a move. 

• Like 11
  • LOL 3

20 hours ago, bebebisous33 said:

Like I had written before, she was really active in the second episode and sent signals of interest to KJH but it was more about friendship.

Therefore I wish, she would become more proactive. When JWS told her that he liked her, she should have added that she had already a boyfriend and she was not interested. JWS thought, he had some chance till the ball, therefore he went there hoping to rekindle with her. Sure, I can understand her reaction because she never expected a confession from JWS, she thought that he had never loved her.  

I agreed with you she has not proactively expressed with words but I am not sure that CSH has expressed via some actions is sufficient or not.  

19 hours ago, dukesa1122 said:

Basing on the way she struggled in her car with the timing of everything thats happening and then completely doing a 360 and accepted KJH proposal of some relationship is something big for her.Considering where she was on the first episodes, that caged, sad rich person? Small things that she make is leaps and bounds for her. And KJH appreciates and sees that. Whats good is, we slowly see CSH open up, doing the first move little by little. She always calls him first, she didnt even make the embarassing face anymore when she txted him if he wants to have dinner with her. Subtle things showing that she’s slowly becoming proactive and assertive with him.

I guess what I’m saying is that, you cant expect her to be as proactive as KJH right away. Thats why KJH is there for. To make her see that it’s fine to do those things with him.

@bebebisous33 @dukesa1122

Your posts made me recall my Encounter’s rerun. 

CSH has shown her feeling development via actions, but not spoken words yet, it depends on whether her boyfriend satisfied with what she expressed. KJH looks pleasant.

CSH’s Actions after her first move in ep2 in playground and ramyeon scenes. 

- CSH requested Cuba’s special song to radio app&DJ that KJH recommended : yearning

{KJH ran to Sukcho and tell CSH that KJH missed CSH}

- CSH’s first text to mention about request songs from DJ which let them start chatting and implicitly dating to see painting near KJH’s neighbor.

{That night the encounter led to let KJH ask for pre-relationship and CSH agreed}

- CSH asked KJH to have dinner together

{KJH tell CSH to stop pre-relationship because he was certain that he likes CSH.

Even CSH jokingly said she would be in pre-relationship but when KJH asked what she wanna do for this real relationship, she mentioned what she wanna do, this implicitly meant she accepted new stage.}

- CSH texted to ask for farewell together and told Mr.Nam she will be dating.

{KJH told CSH that he knew real love from CSH, CSH praised this 3rd secret wonderful}

- When working hard at home, CSH called KJH how is his arrival to Sukcho.

{Kim Jin Hyuk told her he missed Cha Soo Hyun}

- When uncovering masks, CSH showed her facial expression and tear how much she missed KJH.

{KJH prepared very meaningful Cuba new year party, kissed, shed CSH’s tears, and kissed her with emotions}

Last but not least,

- has KJH satisfied and understood CSH’s non-verbal expressions&actions for her feeling to KJH and their dating(Boyfriend/girlfriend) relationship while KJH has verbally expressed and showed his feeling with actions? :wub:

- Could CSH initiate to express in solid verbal words too? :rolleyes:

- With CSH’s verbal expression, would KJH be more pleasant from feeling more certain in their relationship?
(Love & Uncertainty might visit any couples from time to time as KJH asked about Oppa’s care that ex-husband mentioned) 

If so, would CSH wanna try? :kiss_closed:

• Like 11
  • Thanks 1

7 hours ago, NongpeeP said:

CSH thought KJH has had a girlfriend because he answered that he telephoned with the woman he liked; however, why did she still invite KJH to join ramyeon? 

For me at first CSH not really attracted to KJH as feeling of love and that is why she didn't feel jealous or anything when JH told her he talked to a woman he like on the phone. I do believe SH just feel she can be herself everytime she is with JH. She feels safe and she trust him to the point she can ask him to accompany her to eat ramyeon together just like in Cuba.

In ep1 SH knew JH wont take money for the broken camera just after saw him dancing with a girl. In ep2 when they met at the playground JH try to explain to her to not misunderstand that he help her in Cuba because he knows she is a CEO of Donghwa, SH reply she knows JH is not that type of person. So i think it just based on her unconscious feeling that JH is trustworthy. JH also said he feels weird when he is with her after the 12.42pm question. From the start they are just 'click in many ways' like how JH said in ep3 :lol:. They are meant for each other. Ahh I miss Jinsoo

• Like 10

@bebebisous33

haha! I was also cooking while I was typing my response. :lol: it’s hard if you grew up having everything dictated for you. WS and CSH will never compliment each other because of that.

@NongpeeP

i even questioned why JH never calls her first. The scene when he was in Sokcho and he was at the beach saying he misses her, I wondered why he didnt call first. 

• Like 8