[Drama 2018-2019] Encounter / Boyfriend, 남자친구

28 minutes ago, dukesa1122 said:

i even questioned why JH never calls her first. The scene when he was in Sokcho and he was at the beach saying he misses her, I wondered why he didnt call first. 

@dukesa1122This. I found that bit odd, because if he misses her then he can call her anytime right? I mean in this day and age it’s pretty easy to stay in touch. I wish the drama showed us some of that.

Also are we correct to assume that some weeks have passed by since his relocation to Sokcho and the masquerade ball?

• Like 5

13 minutes ago, stardustvoid said:

@dukesa1122This. I found that bit odd, because if he misses her then he can call her anytime right? I mean in this day and age it’s pretty easy to stay in touch. I wish the drama showed us some of that.

Also are we correct to assume that some weeks have passed by since his relocation to Sokcho and the masquerade ball?

I just made up an excuse in my head. Maybe he doesnt have credits to call? Or maybe he thinks that CSH might be busy? Or maybe he wants CSH to miss him more? Or maybe PD-nim wants to justify why they were almost in tears when they finally saw each other at the party out of longing? Haha

• Like 6

I also questioned that, why JH didn't call SH if he misses her.

Maybe ( ha ha ha, i'm beginning to master this guessing game),

JH's work ends at an odd hour like midnight or even later than that, so he cannot make a call.  When he looked at his phone, i just assumed he's just checking the time since its dark at the beach and can't see it by looking at his wristwatch. And on SH's part, she can't make a call since JH is still on duty. 

Why not through text? Maybe they have exchange textes already but it is not enough.

• Like 7

54 minutes ago, stardustvoid said:

During the first visit to Sockcho in ep3, JH doesn't have SH number yet. JH give his number to SH after they ate ramyeon in ep 2, while SH first contact JH by text during lunch the next day after the Lobby fiasco, ep5. In ep6, you can see JH saving SH contact info..

After the transfer, he is trying to 'make' his way back to JH, I don't think he'll call her yet. 

Edited by ncneo
  • Like 5

37 minutes ago, roshzanna said:

I also questioned that, why JH didn't call SH if he misses her.

Maybe ( ha ha ha, i'm beginning to master this guessing game),

JH's work ends at an odd hour like midnight or even later than that, so he cannot make a call.  When he looked at his phone, i just assumed he's just checking the time since its dark at the beach and can't see it by looking at his wristwatch. And on SH's part, she can't make a call since JH is still on duty. 

Why not through text? Maybe they have exchange textes already but it is not enough.

I think they do talk to each other.. but pbly viewers like us aren't privy to all of their calls??:D

Coz when jh can make calls to the suppliers of masks n all.. he surely can call her instead of running to her place... I can understand that he couldn't want to disturb her as she is the CEO but still the show doesn't even show them sending good night or those sweet nothing messages.. this is what I want to see.. then being like s normal couple instead of being too too mature about their relationship...

If its JHs first love.. wudn't he want to send messages n talk all the time? 

On a side note I read about JH finding sneakers to CSH few pages back..o think that will pbly happen in Cuba since CSH can't walk long in heels

• Like 4

2 hours ago, xisyi said:

For me at first CSH not really attracted to KJH as feeling of love and that is why she didn't feel jealous or anything when JH told her he talked to a woman he like on the phone. I do believe SH just feel she can be herself everytime she is with JH. She feels safe and she trust him to the point she can ask him to accompany her to eat ramyeon together just like in Cuba.

In ep1 SH knew JH wont take money for the broken camera just after saw him dancing with a girl. In ep2 when they met at the playground JH try to explain to her to not misunderstand that he help her in Cuba because he knows she is a CEO of Donghwa, SH reply she knows JH is not that type of person. So i think it just based on her unconscious feeling that JH is trustworthy. JH also said he feels weird when he is with her after the 12.42pm question. From the start they are just 'click in many ways' like how JH said in ep3 :lol:. They are meant for each other. Ahh I miss Jinsoo

Their relationship has developed after KSH and CSH knew about each other as Encounter, Interest, Attraction, Fondness, Affection, and Love. Their relationship might not be love at first sight. 

Spoiler

PBG-beef-2.jpg

2 hours ago, dukesa1122 said:

@NongpeeP

i even questioned why JH never calls her first. The scene when he was in Sokcho and he was at the beach saying he misses her, I wondered why he didnt call first. 

I guessed from KJH's reaction when he arrived Sokcho that he looked not okay.

When KJH received CSH's call, he changed his mood to be lively to answer CSH's question that he did not feel awkward. (actually he did)

PBG-awkward.jpg

In the particular scene, distance relationship with work duty time:

- KJH might not wanna bother CSH that he is not okay (he looked at the sky that it has already been dark late night) 

- CSH has just seen no KJH's name in the recent reappointment employee list, he would have to be in Sokcho. 

PBG-look-up.jpg

PBG-reappoint.jpg

• Like 12

been lurking and reading all the discussions and I'm loving it! this is what happens when we have to wait this long. we rewatch and analyse and discuss the scenes. thanks for all your input. 

By the way, regarding episode 7. after CSH admitted their "some" relationship in sokcho, after coming back to seoul. CSH called KJH and wanted to see him and talk to him even in front of the PR team. I think that was pretty bold, not even minding what the PR people would think just right after her admittance. I think she doesn't really mind the difference in their status. Her life is just surrounded by people she cannot handle. 

Well, like you i am also wishing for "normal couple scenes". the sweet nothings--- scenes like holding hands, KJH kissing her cheeks, telling her how beautiful she is-- soft whispering to her how good she smells-- then at some point--- CSH would also treat him like her baby-- trying to cook for him-- touching his hair while his head is on her lap-- then feeding him some fruit while watching TV-- then kissing him while he's asleep. whaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa

I want some cute jealous scenes too-- like CSH witnessing a young girl have a huge crush on KJH-- they she'll get all giddy and want to have all his attention by being all cute-- whaaaaaaaaaaaa

• Like 4
  • LOL 9
  • Thanks 1

Staff Picks: 5 Series That Pulled Us Deeper Into The K-Drama Hole This 2018

Dec 30, 2018 05:00 PM
thumbnail.ashx?t=users&w=40&h=40&p=124-madel-asuncion1.jpg

By now, we've all accepted that there's no escaping the K-drama craze. And just like every other Filipino millennial, we at Chalk.ph are no stranger to the irresistible charm of our favorite oppas and unnies who can bring a surge of kilig like no other.

This year, we've spazzed, teared up, and rejoiced over a new batch of K-dramas that we couldn't stop binge-watching whether we're sitting in Manila traffic or staying up all night on a weekday. In case you're planning to do a marathon this holiday break, we've shortlisted the best series of 2018 for your viewing pleasure!

1. 100 Days My Prince

Cast: Do Kyungsoo, Nam Jihyun

Airing Dates: Sept. 10-Oct. 30

Quick Recap: Set in the Joseon era, Crown Prince Lee Yool wakes up in small provincial village after being ambushed by assassins while on his way to a rain ritual. Losing his memory, Lee Yool lives as Wondeuk and marries a girl named Hongshim. Both having secret identities, Wondeuk and Hongshim soon find themselves unraveling mysteries that surround the palace as well as the real history between them.

Why We Love It: "This is the first sageuk (historical drama) I've watched, and it unexpectedly got me hooked. What completely reeled me in is how Wondeuk's character is comically similar to EXO's Kyungsoo's personality in real life! I was skeptic about the cliche amnesia plot, but this drama delivered in terms of how Wondeuk tried to find his identity and unconsciously built a lasting relationship with Hongshim and the rest of the villagers whom he got to live with. #OHO!" - Madel, Senior Content Editor

2. Encounter

Cast: Song Hye Kyo, Park Bo Gum

Airing Dates: Nov. 28-Present

Quick Recap: Free-sprited Jin Hyuk and hotelier Soo Hyun meet by chance in Cuba and spend a day together, knowing that they won't be seeing each other again in Seoul. However, fate brings them together again as Jin Hyuk becomes an employee in Soo Hyun's hotel. With prying eyes and controversies surrounding them, the two can't resist finding comfort in each other's company.

Why We Love It: "Considering that this is Hye Kyo's K-drama comeback after her wedding, I thought I should give it a try, especially with Bo Gum starring as her leading man. Soo Hyun's character has too many walls built around her, but the way Jin Hyuk breaks through them with his effortless warmth and honey-like smile is so endearing! I know that this show is still on-going, but trust me when I say that you'll be missing out if you don't catch up!" - Madel, Senior Content Editor

3. The Miracle We Met

Cast: Kim Myung-min, Kim Hyun-joo, Ra Mi-ran, Kim Hwan-hee, Kim Jongin

Airing Dates: Apr. 2- May 29

Quick Recap: Two compeletely contrasting men with the same name dies on the same day. Through a mishap by the God of Death Ato, one's soul is resurrected but wakes up in the other's body. The Song Hyun Chul who survived has to live as a different person and becomes the head of two families.

Why We Love It: "This is not like other popular dramas with a rom-com theme. I honestly watched this only because EXO's Kai plays Ato who turns out to be the finest grim reaper in all of K-drama history (Sorry, Lee Dong Wook, I'm biased.) But even though the main characters were older and there was no teeny-bopper kilig, I found myself being attached to the heartfelt story of this series. After all the dramatic twists and turns throughout, the ending was a perfect miracle, as the title suggests." - Madel, Senior Content Editor

4. My ID Is Gangnam Beauty

Cast: Cha Eunwoo, Im Soo Hyang, Joo Woori

Airing Dates: Jul. 27 - Sept. 15

Quick Recap: Kang Mi Rae undergoes plastic surgery right before she enters college to start anew. She meets Do Kyung Seok, the school heartthrob, who makes her realize that physical appearances don't matter as much as she thought it does. 

Why We Love It: "Aside from the obviously attractive main oppa, this drama taught us that you can never please everyone, that they will always find something negative to say about you because people have different perceptions of beauty. What’s important is that you are happy with yourself and you know in your heart that you are beautiful that should be enough to love yourself even more." - Miggy, Content Producer

5. What's Wrong With Secretary Kim?

Cast: Park Seo Joon, Park Min Young

Airing Dates: Jun. 6 - Jul. 26

Quick Recap: Probably the most popular drama of the year, this story revolves around Vice Chairman Lee Young Joon and his trusty secretary Kim Mi So. Because of Young Joon's narcisstic qualities, Secretary Kim resigns after working for him for nine years, and it seems that he's never ready to let her go.

Why We Love It: "What I liked about this series is the impeccable chemistry of Park Seo Joon and Park Min Young. This is not your typical "rich business man falls in love with his damsel in distress secretary." The supporting cast is also excellent, keeping the witty workplace banter and their office romance funny and entertaining. I would totally recommend this to anyone looking for a feel-good rom-com series–light on the plot, heavy on kilig!" - Jacque, Associate Brand Manager

Which of these dramas pulled you deeper into the K-hole this year? Did we miss your favorite? Let us know in the comments below!.....source credit@https://lifestyle.abs-cbn.com/articles/7241/staff-picks-5-series-that-pulled-us-deeper-into-the-k-drama-hole-this-2018/

• Like 1
  • Thanks 2

2 hours ago, shyguitar said:

Well, like you i am also wishing for "normal couple scenes". the sweet nothings--- scenes like holding hands, KJH kissing her cheeks, telling her how beautiful she is-- soft whispering to her how good she smells-- then at some point--- CSH would also treat him like her baby-- trying to cook for him-- touching his hair while his head is on her lap-- then feeding him some fruit while watching TV-- then kissing him while he's asleep. whaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa

I bet we will get those lovey dovey scene in this coming episode. Maybe ep10 :rolleyes:. Once they are in Cuba they will be more free and relax since no paparazzi will follow them. Time for love :wub:

• Like 6

On 12/29/2018 at 4:02 AM, twtwb said:

Their first moment together

Kim Jin Hyuk paid attention to Cha Soo Huyn as soon as he captured her in his camera. We are not sure whether he followed her to the sunset viewpoint, or more likely, it was mere a coincidence as he was heading there anyway, but it was quite clear that he continued to pay attention to her, otherwise he would not be able to catch her right when she dozed off and almost fell down (without it they wouldn’t have had their first encounter).

I really hope they reveal KJH following SH to the sunset spot! I hope they will show us his prospective as he watched her all the way to the view point and then caught her before she almost fell. That would be epic! 

What if he also saw her getting rubbed and perhaps ran after the Cuba thefts, perhaps her bag has something to do with the note.My mind is wondering all sorts now. lol 

Edited by bebebisous33
don't quote videos, gifs and pictures. Remove these next time please
  • Like 3
  • LOL 1

Maybe becz JH n SH misses each other so badly,when they make a call it never enough for them,their feeling of missed each other getting worse  to the point 'I want to see her/him so badly' feeling,so they hesistant to call everytime..:sweatingbullets: ah don't mind my writing guys,I don't know what I'm writing .I'm bad at analize..hahaha..but I'm so happy read all of yours in here,detailed to the point I have to rememberence all of the scene that I already watched n asked myself 'did u really watched it properly?' although I already watched it several times per episode now :huh:

• Like 4
  • LOL 1

8 hours ago, stardustvoid said:

haha.. I think when he said he misses here, it's a sad realisation of missing someone. Something that can't be cured with a mere phone call. He missed her, as in he wants to see her, hold her, kiss her ... haha. 

Since they spoke on the phone in an earlier scene when he first moved to Sokcho, I think he can call her but looking at the beach at that moment, he missed her deeply and he was sad.

Talking on the phone was not going to solve his problem...

• Like 3

Boyfriend' Song Hye-kyo ♥ Park Bo-gum, Cuba to search again 'Unpublished first public release':                               Article Entering 2018.12.31 at 8:01 amOkay  I'm warmed to assess L

[Sports Chosun Il-ho reporter] 'Boyfriend' Song Hye-gyo - Park Bo-gum is looking for Cuba again. 
In this week's broadcast, Suhyeon (Song Hye-kyo) and Jin-hyuk (Korean version) will be featured in the TVN drama 'Boyfriend' (play Yoo Young-ae / director Park Shin- "I am looking for Cuba again," he said. 
In 'Boyfriend' earlier, Suhyeon and Jinhyeok had a dream-like day by chance in a strange land in Cuba. Soo Hyun and Jinhyuk, who came back to Korea and reunited with Donghwa Hotel representatives and new recruits, are becoming more solid with their hearts for each other in the crisis. Thus, Cuba is a place where the relationship has begun with Suhyun and Jinhyeok, meaning place where life has become a turning point for two people who have lived completely different lives. Among them, Suhyun and Jinhyuk are reported to look for Cuba again and concentrate their attention. 
Above all, 'Boyfriend' has attracted viewers with its splendid visual beauty that can not be overlooked. Especially Cuba is a symbolic space where Suhyeon and Jinhyeok that came across in the foreign countries have a subtle sense of mutuality. Two lovers, who have become lovers, have gathered interest in what will happen to them as they seek Cuba again. It also raises the expectation of the broadcast that the two of them will go to Cuba on what occasion, and how the return visit to Cuba will be a turning point in their relationship.
In addition, the unofficial cut of the poster that collected the topic attracts more attention. In the uncut cut, Suhyun and Jinhyeop sit side by side in the sea of Cuba. A beautiful two-shot shot keeps the eye out. The appearance of Jinhyuk on the shoulder of Jinhyeok and the image of Jinhyeok who gives him a strong support on the side of him give a surprise to the viewers. In addition, the backdrop of the sunshine and the blue sea pouring out of the two people doubles the romantic atmosphere. In addition, the freedom and relaxation felt in the smiles of Suhyeon and Jinhyeok, who are dancing salsa according to the performances of the locals, give a smile. This is the undisclosed cut of the 'Boyfriend' Cuban Main Poster, which makes Steele feel the extraordinary chemistry of Suhyeon and Jinhyeok, raising expectations for the two people who have returned to Cuba. 
tvN 'Boyfriend' is a thrilling melodramatic drama that started with the accidental encounter of Suhyeon, who never lived his chosen life, and free and clear soul devotion. Nine times will be broadcast at 9:30 pm on Wednesday, January 2. 
<Picture> tvN 'boyfriend' provides 
lyn@sportschosun.com....source credit @https://m.entertain.naver.com/now/read?aid=0003362851&oid=076&lightVersion=off
  • Like 6
  • Thanks 2

Thank you for the still! Seems like they are back where they first meet :wub: I guess they are taking a break from the drama back home, but I also want them to fight true it together in Korea also, because I believe running away from their problem is not right way to handle it. Also I cannot see JH leaving his family that way after an argument. I really wonder how the writer gonna handle the conflict our OTP hav to go true. Cant wait for the new episode :D 

• Like 6