[Drama 2018-2019] Encounter / Boyfriend, 남자친구

OT Trivia

PBG's former leading lady Kim Yoo Jung played baby Hwang Jin Yi, in the SHK movie years ago.    So it is inevitable he progress to the adult version eventually...

The kid on the bottom right who played Hwang Jin Yi's love interest as a child, even looks a bit like kid Park Bo Gum.

093245_6.jpg

• Like 6
  • Thanks 4

This drama strikes me as a contemporary fairytale complete with wicked stepmothers (who are technically mother and mother-in-law).

What I'm finding charming about the story is that except for the wicket stepmothers, everyone behaves as decent human being doing thing that in other dramas could be construed as being against their best interests. 

The fact that Hey-In is doing what's best for Jin-Hyeok  instead of fanning her hopes that she could be his girl is surprising sane.  She is not supporting Jin-Hyeok's relationship with Soo-Hyun, she is supporting him.

The same can be said about Woo-Seok.  He is not supporting Soo-Hyun and Jin-Hyeok, but he is supporting Soo-Hyun, even if that means he ends up without her.

• Like 15

boy8.png

[Boyfriend] Ep 8 spoilers, Park Bo Gum x Song Hye Gyo

Posted on Thursday, December 20, 2018

Article: Naver 'Boyfriend' Park Bo Gum reveals his secret to Song Hye Gyo, "I learn about love from reading books" 

1. [+1284,-48]
Ah, I really like the affectionate scenes with Jin Hyuk and Su Hyun. And adding Eric Nam's I know~ to that, it's artistic. This is so interesting. ㅠㅠㅠㅠㅠㅠㅠㅠㅠㅠㅠㅠㅠ

2. [+1016,-52]
Park Bo Gum's and Song Hye Gyo's visuals match so well the more I see them.. The directing and OST are so beautiful.. During the scene where they hugged earlier, Eric Nam's voice came out, it was so artisitic.... 

3. [+795,-22]
Motae solo Kim Jin Hyuk, I'm cheering for his first love. ㅋㅋㅋㅋㅋㅋㅋㅋ

4. [+491,-18]
Today's was so affectionate. Saying that he got a clearer picture of love during their last date too. 

5. [+126,-4]
In other dramas, the main couple are already kissing and having bed scenes by now... It's been so long since my heart fluttered just by watching the couple holding hands. 

6. [+121,-5]
Wow. Park Bo Gum is really heart fluttering. It's killing me.

7. [+94,-2]
I like that the drama is calming and soothing. I find it cliché at first, but the more I watch it, I fell for it without realizing myself. 

8. [+85,-3]
Even if he learnt it from the books, it doesn't matter. Park Bo Gum's face makes it okay. It feels like his sincere heart does everything. 

friend8.png

Article: Naver 'Boyfriend' Park Bo Gum to Song Hye Gyo, "Please send me to Sok Cho" 

1. [+537,-14]
Park Bo Gum being determined is so cool. "Please watch and see how I find my own place back." Their melo chemistry during their reeds field date was insane today. 

2. [+251,-16]
Stop torturing Park Bo Gum. Huk huk. 

3. [+165,-4]
Kim Jin Hyuk is so cool. 

4. [+134,-9]
Today's episode was sad from the beginning. Jin Hyuk who asked to be sent to Sok Cho.. Don't go.. ㅠ

5. [+87,-6]
Ah, today's episode was so sad. ㅠㅠㅠㅠㅠㅍ

6. [+28,-1]
It was so sad to see her tearing up when she was taking a picture of him. The hug was touching too. 

7. [+23,-1]
Kim Jin Hyuk and Cha Su Hyun match really well. 

8. [+22,-2]
Hye Gyo's acting during the tearing up scene was crazy. 

9. [+19,-1]
Boyfriend is so interesting.

• Like 14
  • Thanks 5

10 minutes ago, os168 said:

OT Trivia, not sure if this has been mentioned.

I believe PBG has starred in a SHK movie back in a 2007 film called Hwang Jin Yi, as her character's love interest!!! 

Funny enough his scene was with the baby HwangJinyi in the film played by Kim Yoo Jung (who grew up to be his lead in 'love in the moonlight'), and his role was the kid version of Hwang Jin Yi's love played by  Yu Ji Tae to SHK's adult Hwang Jin Yi.

How is THIS not a destiny lead in full circle?   :glasses:  

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Hwang_Jin_Yi_(film)

@os168; Park Bo Gum debuted in the film Blind in 2011. The young actor you're referring to is Lee Hyun Woo who several say resembles Park Bo Gum.

[SPOILERS!!!][Thursday Drama Roundup] Boyfriend (Episode 8), The Last Empress (Episode 19-20)

0002749802_003_20181220225629154.jpg
Screen%2BShot%2B2018-12-20%2Bat%2B3.33.06%2BPM.png
Screen%2BShot%2B2018-12-20%2Bat%2B3.33.13%2BPM.png
Sed ut perspiciatis unde omnis iste natus error sit voluptatem accusantium doloremque laudantium, totam rem aperiam, eaque ipsa quae ab illo inventore veritatis et quasi architecto beatae vitae dicta sunt explicabo. Nemo enim ipsam voluptatem quia voluptas sit aspernatur aut odit aut fugit, sed quia consequuntur magni dolores eos qui ratione voluptatem sequi nesciunt. Neque porro quisquam est, qui dolorem ipsum quia dolor sit amet, consectetur, adipisci velit, sed quia non numquam eius modi tempora incidunt ut labore et dolore magnam aliquam quaerat voluptatem.

Original Source (Star News via Naver): 'Boyfriend' Park Bo Gum ♥ Song Hye Kyo, sweet · lovely first kiss at masquerade ball

Nationwide ratings for episode 8: 9.2% (cr. Naver TV)

1. [+3172, -352] Seriously I feel like my breath was taken away during the kiss scene, it was really pretty and lovely - Park Bo Gum's detailed expression.. Eye gaze.. The best actor who displays complex emotions intact, I'll always support you hwaiting ~♡♡♡

2. [+2000, -161] Park Bo Gum's eye gaze is a melo itself ㅠㅠ I kept crying while watching ㅠㅠ He laughs but his eye gaze is sad, I felt bad and it's pitiful ㅠㅠ

3. [+1629, -104] Park Bo Gum is really heart fluttering ㅠㅠㅠㅠ From a lovely and heart fluttering kiss to even a back hug, an explosion of melo tension ㅠㅠㅠㅠㅠ

4. [+1308, -88] Today's episode was sweet so I grabbed onto my cheeks ㅠㅠ Park Bo Gum's melo eye gaze is crazy ㅠㅠ

5. [+1079, -115] Save me, I can't breathe... 

https://ddoboja.blogspot.com/2018/12/spoilersthursday-drama-roundup.html
  • Like 14
  • Thanks 5

Song Hye Kyo And Park Bo Gum’s 1st Kiss Boosts “Encounter” Ratings; “The Last Empress” Sets New Personal Viewership Record

Song Hye Kyo And Park Bo Gum’s 1st Kiss Boosts “Encounter” Ratings; “The Last Empress” Sets New Personal Viewership Record

Dec 21, 2018
by E. Cha

Both tvN’s “Encounter” and SBS’s “The Last Empress” continue to gain steam—and new viewers!

According to Nielsen Korea, the December 20 episode of “Encounter”—which featured Song Hye Kyo and Park Bo Gum’s very first kiss—enjoyed an increase in viewership ratings from its previous broadcasts. The episode scored average ratings of 9.2 percent and a peak of 10 percent nationwide, taking first place in its time slot for the evening.

“Encounter” also continued to perform well with the key demographic of viewers ages 20 to 49, with whom it scored an average of 4.7 percent and a peak of 5.2 percent for the night.

Meanwhile, the December 20 episode of “The Last Empress” (which airs in a slightly different time slot) achieved its highest viewership ratings yet. The broadcast scored average nationwide ratings of 11.4 percent during its first half and 14.6 percent during its second, breaking its previous viewership record of 14 percent. The episode also reached a peak of 18.6 percent in the Seoul metropolitan area.

Not only was “The Last Empress” the most-watched drama of the evening overall, but it also took first place for the night among the key demographic of viewers ages 20 to 49, scoring average ratings of 4.4 percent and 6.3 percent for its two parts.

MBC’s “Children of Nobody” scored average nationwide ratings of 3.6 percent and 4.7 percent for its two parts, while KBS 2TV’s “Feel Good to Die” scored an average viewership of 2.2 percent for the night.

Check out the latest episode of “Encounter” here…source credit @https://www.soompi.com/article/1281163wpp/song-hye-kyo-park-bo-gums-1st-kiss-boosts-encounter-ratings-last-empress-sets-new-personal-viewership-record

• Like 8
  • Thanks 1

boyfriend-2-2-800x445.jpg
DRAMA 

'Boyfriend' love story like fairy tale Song Hye Kyo x Park Bo Gum, an illustration that makes hearts flutter at the end of each episode 

An illustration like a fairy tale that concludes each episode of the drama 'Boyfriend' now attracts attention.

TVN's drama 'Boyfriend' is an emotional melodrama that tells the story of the fate of Cha Soo Hyun (Song Hye Kyo) who has everything but is unhappy and Kim Jin Hyuk (Park Bo Gum) is full of freedom. The drama succeeded in attracting the attention of the audience and getting a high rating, while the illustrations which gave mysterious nuances at the end of the episode also increasingly attracted the attention of the audience.

boyfriend-1-2.jpgimage source: tvN

The illustration in the first episode begins with the figure of a woman like a princess who is standing tall. Then the princess went through the dark forest and countryside and then she met a man before her. This illustration symbolizes the meeting between Soo Hyun, a woman who is like the moon and Jin Hyuk, a man who is like the sun and also makes the audience curious about the story of Jin Hyuk who is like a bright light that will explain Soo Hyun's dark life.

The symbolic illustration of the feelings and romance of Soo Hyun and Jin Hyuk has become a hot conversation among the audience.

boyfriend.jpgimage source: tvN

Moreover in the fifth episode when Soo Hyun and Jin Hyuk started expressing their feelings, the illustration shows a man and woman running while holding hands. On the sixth episode, Soo Hyun announces his relationship with Jin Hyuk and illustrates that the couple are on a boat and crossing the big waves and when the waves recede the light shines and the fish swim calmly which makes the audience curious about the future development of both.

• Like 14
  • Thanks 3

I can only imagine their year-end 2018 awards (if TVn has any).. Lee Byung-Hun from Mr. Sunshine, Hyun Bin from Memories of Alhambra and then we have SHK from this drama :sweat_smile: 

Awkward AF :joy:

Just finished watching it with eng subs. SHK nailed that ending! Tears in her eyes while smiling or kissing? Smiling while crying? Thats dang hard to do, mind you. I tried smiling while I was crying and it turned more like a grimace :crazy:

@enigmatic_zephy i think she had to do that drama. People viewed her as just being “cutesy” and she hated that typecasting. In WW, she showed a different gutsy side of her. I enjoyed that drama eventhough I mostly didnt like Jung Ji-Oh’s character.

• Like 7
  • LOL 6

Spoiler

@dukesa1122 your post cracks me up...! That would really be an awkward night...! :D

Just finished the subbed...that ending was just perfect... no lines... just those eyes talking... but you can feel the depth of their feelings to one another...! 

That epilogue is show and proves how much they knew CSH. One is sooo superficial... one is so intense that he knows what type of mask she will like..! Daebak...!  

Kudos to the production staff!!!

• Like 12
  • LOL 1

13 hours ago, topfuel said:

I caught on this drama and have been hooked since.

does anyone kindly know what’s the background music or song of the official trailer or whenever there’s a romantic scene in the drama? It’s the one where there’s a whistle and a lady voice in the background?

in this trailer it’s the first song 

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=kfm5s_OgBc8

thanks In advance is anyone knows 

Anyone found out what’s the background music yet? :)

• Like 3