Quantcast

[Drama 2018-2019] Encounter / Boyfriend, 남자친구

1 hour ago, rdturbo said:

i am so happy that this drama is getting so much love here and in korea. However, its a completely different story on the mydramalist page for this drama. The negative comments there have stopped making sense and its almost like everyone is ganging up on this show.

I wish tvn would have aired moa and encounter at different parts of the year so that this unnecessary fan war could have been avoided.

I don't get why people put negative comments, or why even compare these two dramas. Why can't we love both dramas? They air at different days, isn't that wonderful? So everyday in the week, we get to watch something interesting. I'm enjoying both of them anyway. Don't we have too many things to worry in life already. Happy Holidays everyone!!

• Like 11
  • LOL 1
  • Replies 8.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

I wasn't sure I would be posting here again but my love for the last episode and our JinSoo couple brought me back to say a few words.   I pretty much lost it at Jin Hyuk's expression when h

I think that I found their room  , they will definitely have to explain the balcony kiss if my guess is correct.    CSH’s room in first episode      She is back in the same

Enjoy reading everyone's thoughts... I will elaborate on why the ending is good for me...   1.  It did not end with some drone zoomed out kiss in the Cuban Garden with sweeping romantic musi

Posted Images

1 hour ago, rdturbo said:

I wish tvn would have aired moa and encounter at different parts of the year so that this unnecessary fan war could have been avoided.

In my place

60% talk about SJK's feeling (tho no one of them watching this drama)

30% talk about how boring this drama (so they can promoted their bias drama)

10% talk about how they love this drama

Spoiler

I even saw a fanmade in ig when SJK shot PBG with his gun.

And I felt so happy PBG not using IG

• Like 4
  • Sad 1
7 hours ago, inner said:

how convincing is this pair-up? Haven't watched it...  yet.

As convincing as anything I've ever seen.  Pure love.  :wub:

2 hours ago, SCSfanz said:

why so much emphasis on the kiss scene? :rolleyes:

Because we're here for the love.  ;)

• Like 10
  • LOL 3
44 minutes ago, rahma92 said:

Reveal hidden contents

I think this is just some jokes from fans, please don’t take it hard. I use to joke too if only you know where I’m coming from . No hard feelings yah? :D

I personally like WS, but I am not a fan of SH gets back to him when there wasn’t love in their marriage in the first place, not to mention his evil mom, SH will never be able to be happy. I wish him to be able to move on and be free from his mom.

6DXY9W.gif

dc

• Like 19
46 minutes ago, rahma92 said:

In my place

60% talk about SJK's feeling (tho no one of them watching this drama)

30% talk about how boring this drama (so they can promoted their bias drama)

10% talk about how they love this drama

Reveal hidden contents

Noticed a lot of those comments too. While I do know that SSC is hella popular, I wish they’d stop bringing up SJK’s name every comment or two. This is a drama, a work of art. They are actors. For example, it really sullies the moment when more than 50% of the comments on the kiss scene on various social media platforms is how sorry they are for SJK. But then again, this is the internet and it’s definitely asking for too much if you want an intelligent, plot related comment. Thank the heavens for this forum

• Like 10
  • Thanks 4

Ahhh! I'm having so much fun back-reading through all the commentary.  I don't even feel sad that the drama is taking a break next week-- chatting with all of you will more than make up for it.  :heart:

With that said~ who wants to bet with me that the reason things start getting noisy is because WooSeok is the one who saw our JinSoo couple exchanging a New Year's kiss and decided all bets were off? 

• Like 10
  • LOL 1
59 minutes ago, utkim said:

I think this is just some jokes from fans, please don’t take it hard

Totally agree with you, chingu!

It'll be better if these jokes are not brought over to the thread because they're irrelevant to the drama....lol.

It might also take the drama off-track when the main focus should be on the story and the lead couple. Leave those things in the igs- guns and all. We should discuss about the drama and its beauty. I hope people know reel from real and don't bring in other actors outside the drama. 

I seriously don't think we should bring in statistics to back up what those crazy fans do. Please avoid that to keep the friendly atmosphere here.

@yonaomi123

Yes, it's highly likely that WS witnessed the kiss and maybe he's the one who asked KJH to settle stuff outside the party venue?  Or maybe KJH and CSH both decided to elope after the kiss? Or adjourn somewhere for a more comfortable reunion? So many possibilities if KJH is really missing...

• Like 16
  • Thanks 2
11 minutes ago, stardustvoid said:

For example, it really sullies the moment when more than 50% of the comments on the kiss scene on various social media platforms is how sorry they are for SJK. But then again, this is the internet and it’s definitely asking for too much if you want an intelligent, plot related comment. Thank the heavens for this forum

It goes to show how immature people's minds are when it comes to married woman playing a lead role with a different leading man. Thank God that doesn't happen too much where I come from. :sweat: I bet they wont say the same things when SJK's series will start airing and he kisses KJW. 

This is the last comment im gonna give about this.

Let's not talk about negative stuff here coz it sullies the happy feeling, seriously. :mellow:

Lets ignore those negative comments because it has been working on our favor this entire time. :)

========================================

9 minutes ago, yonaomi123 said:

That said~ Who wants to bet with me that the reason things start getting noisy is because WooSeok is the one who saw our JinSoo couple exchanging a New Year's kiss and decided all bets were off? 

You think WooSeok is crazy enough to do that?

I dont think JH is missing though.

I think thats just the PD playing with us to get us anticipated :joy:

*crossing fingers*

• Like 9
  • LOL 3
  • Thanks 4

A reminder:

Please keep your posts void of any other dramas - past or current - and actors who are not related to this drama - no matter if one is married to one of the main leads. 

Just keep your discussions on topic and related to the content you see in each episode. No need to stray to topics which can potentially lead to a bad mood in this thread.

-Jillia

• Like 8
  • Thanks 5

@kingkong72 your scenario is calling for SooHyun to decide that WooSeok's silent sacrifices are worth re-entering a household where her MIL actively despises her.  :sweatingbullets:

If she did remarry WooSeok, wouldn't that essentially send him the message of:  "Ah.  I don't have to actively work at making the relationship between her and my mother better, as long as I do these little protective acts behind her back."  So far as we've seen, SooHyun responds best when people are direct with their words and actions.  (go back and rewatch the potato pancake scene and the 'woman I'm talking to is my mother' scene)

From that standpoint, I find it hard to believe that SooHyun would return to a man who struggled before, during, and after their marriage to tell her the most of basic of things... such as "I like you."  Even if the JinSoo couple does not stay together, I don't see any evidence that just because WooSeok made sacrifices for her and "loves" her, that would lead to SooHyun deciding she owes it to WooSeok to marry him again.

Edit: Maybe I'm just being too rigid?  But being in that toxic house again might cause SooHyun to need more than sleeping pills to get through the day...  I don't think anyone's silent sacrifices are worth needing to take pills, but that's just my opinions

• Like 14
  • Thanks 3

I rewatch now ep 2 and i wonder if SW ever showed his love to SH when they were married at all bcos SH told him to tell his mom the truth what he felt if MIL asked him. I might have misunderstood, but i interpret this as SH had never felt WS loved her when they were married, then i wonder who is then to blame? SH or WS? 

• Like 15
2 minutes ago, utkim said:

I rewatch now ep 2 and i wonder if SW ever showed his love to SH when they were married at all bcos SH told him to tell his mom the truth what he felt if MIL asked him. I might misunderstood, but i interpret this as SH had never felt WS loved her when they were married, then i wonder who is then to blame? SH or WS? 

Oooh.  That's a really good point...

A lot of pages ago, there had been discussion about how both SooHyun and WooSeok were probably at fault for the marriage failing.  But if SooHyun was actually trying to fashion herself into the woman she thought WooSeok wanted (whatever the heck that means cause it doesn't seem like he gave much direction) then maybe when he didn't respond positively, SooHyun assumed that her attempts to make him like her had failed.  In truth, WooSeok was probably too scared to tell her what he really wanted.  In which case, can we assign something as strong as blame to him?  I don't think I can, but that's because I am still having sympathy for the guy.  I can't even assign blame to SooHyun.  She went in with her eyes open and probably did try to be the good wife (considering how hard she tries at everything else I can't imagine her slacking off in this instance). 

• Like 11

in my head and in my heart, there will never be WS and SH. Why build up JH+SH so much if they will not end up together? :sweatingbullets:

You’re right at one thing though. You have a wild imagination. It will remain to be an imagination :sweat_smile:

and if you guys are looking for someone to blame... thats easy... it’s the evil MIL. :crazy:

• Like 4
  • LOL 12
  • Thanks 1
19 minutes ago, yonaomi123 said:

But being in that toxic house again might cause SooHyun to need more than sleeping pills to get through the day... 

Just thinking that we haven't seen SH take those pills for awhile now.  Seems she doesn't need them anymore now she has JH.  :)

She has come a long, long way since she took the sleeping pills in Cuba and then left the hotel without really thinking (or maybe even caring) what the consequences might be.

• Like 18
  • Thanks 2
22 minutes ago, yonaomi123 said:

Oooh.  That's a really good point...

A lot of pages ago, there had been discussion about how both SooHyun and WooSeok were probably at fault for the marriage failing.  But if SooHyun was actually trying to fashion herself into the woman she thought WooSeok wanted (whatever the heck that means cause it doesn't seem like he gave much direction) then maybe when he didn't respond positively, SooHyun assumed that her attempts to make him like her had failed.  In truth, WooSeok was probably too scared to tell her what he really wanted.  In which case, can we assign something as strong as blame to him?  I don't think I can, but that's because I am still having sympathy for the guy.  I can't even assign blame to SooHyun.  She went in with her eyes open and probably did try to be the good wife (considering how hard she tries at everything else I can't imagine her slacking off in this instance). 

No, I'm not blaming him alone because  marriage is about 2 pple, but i can't blame on SH neither. Certainly they were not meant to be, i think we women use to be a bit more soft at heart, if SW had been able to show his love for her, maybe it didn't end like this...i dun know.

He looks very handsome though :wub:

5gNAMP.jpg

• Like 15
21 minutes ago, thistle said:

Just thinking that we haven't seen SH take those pills for awhile now.  Seems she doesn't need them anymore now she has JH.  :)

She has come a long, long way since she took the sleeping pills in Cuba and then left the hotel without really thinking (or maybe even caring) what the consequences might be.

You're right! I was nervous that it might be another foreshadowing that the Taegyong group can use against CSH. CSH taking unsubscribed pills. 

Btw, at the party, who was the guy thats beside HI? Was it JH younger brother? I remember he was wearing a brown coat but the guy beside HI was wearing a black one. 

• Like 9
  • Thanks 1
10 minutes ago, dukesa1122 said:

Btw, at the party, who was the guy thats beside HI? Was it JH younger brother? I remember he was wearing a brown coat but the guy beside HI was wearing a black one. 

JH's brother was there and so was his friend, the Moon Snails guy (the one who had the blind date with SH's secretary).

• Like 7
1 minute ago, thistle said:

JH's brother was there and so was his friend, the Moon Snails guy (the one who had the blind date with SH's secretary).

I know.. but the moon snails guy was beside sec jang not beside HI. Who was the guy that was beside HI that time?  I can't make him out with the mask.

• Like 4
  • Jillia changed the title to [Drama 2018-2019] Encounter / Boyfriend, 남자친구