[Drama 2018-2019] Encounter / Boyfriend, 남자친구

I don't understand JWS at all. Let's assume that it's very hard for him to win SH's heart during the marriage due to his mom and since SH felt forced to the marriage, it's making the marriage life miserable. However, if he really loves SH, he should have continued to pursue SH after the divorce so that he can win her heart voluntarily? Instead, he was passive and just observing her from the back for that past 2 years....

Now that SH is happy with JH, he's intruding and wants SH back....that's really crazy. Where were you JWS during those 4 years when SH didn't have anybody to support her?

• Like 11

8 minutes ago, beebeep said:

Where were you JWS during those 4 years when SH didn't have anybody to support her?

He probably thought he was supporting her in his own way but that was something that didn't work for her at all and that didn't make sense to her.  

The big difference between JWS and JH is that one is closed and the other is open.   JWS is twisty and plotting while JH is clear and straightforward.  JWS is thinking about his own way of doing things while JH is thinking of the other person.

Quite a contrast between the two.  

• Like 10

13 minutes ago, barneybaby said:

Hihi

Any other website to watch episode 8 now? Those website i got haven't upload yet. :) 

I found it after checking five different sites, and it's the subbed version already.  I will message you a link.  This site is okay but you should make sure your virus protection is good.

• Like 3

I wonder what will happen to JH next episode? Is he kidnapped by Taekyong? This is getting more interesting since I can't guess what will happen next...Taekyong is bad but would they really kidnap JH? That would become a crime...

On the other hand, it doesn't seem to be in JH's character to go MIA like that....I hope the script doesn't become ridiculous....

• Like 13

Wow.. kudos.. she has kissed some of the hottest men out there including her husband.. but she never never never does on-screen kiss. her lips are always tightly closed..

but then that's her beauty too..

the ever alluring , beautiful

she embodies her character from autumn sky of breathtakingly b'ful cinderella, plain serious jane falling for intelligent, smooth men (SJK, HB :P )

• Like 6

6 hours ago, stroppyse said:

So, additional observations about this conversation. Even though SH is just trying to right something that she considers to have been wrongly done to JH in the first place, JH knows that if SH steps in now after his transfer has been announced, that it would come to be seen to the company as SH doing a favor for her young lover. That would weaken SH's position in the company from the one she has now of being a level-headed, meritocratic, capable leader. So, he would rather let the transfer happen, and then be promoted back to headquarters through merit rather than SH's intervention. The other thing that is unusual about this conversation is how many times JH cuts SH off as she's speaking in order to convince her to go along with what he's saying. Given that he's actually going against her sense of right and wrong as well as her regrets for putting him in a position to be manipulated by those who want to hurt her, he's actually being relatively forceful to get her compliance. For me, the fact that he is able to be more forceful with her is also a sign that he does see her as his girlfriend who happens to be the CEO, rather than being more deferential as he has been in the past. Just my opinion on that anyway,.

I have just finished watching Encounter ep.8 with Eng Subtitle, I feel the same that KJH is able to be more forceful with her is a sign that he does see her as his girlfriend.

By the way. I really appreciated story and script to use the new word, rather than I love you, when KJH told CSH that he knows love from books but because of CSH he has known what love is. 

6 hours ago, jl08 said:

I swear Park Bo Gum and Song Hye are completely responsible for creating the magical world of KJH and CSH that sucked us into their deep emotions, making it seem like we're there with them all the way, feeling their ups and downs. They're responsible for making us yearn for Weds and Thurs and throwing caution to the wind even in the office! Heck the boss.

I thought I was not quite satisfied about their kiss from the gifs .... till I watched the episode and was overwhelmed by their sadness and longing for each other which culminated in that beautiful, gentle kiss- it suffices for now because it got us crying, didn't it? Now, that's something so awesome. It conveys what it's suppose to convey to the audience - they have missed each other terribly. They had it real bad. They needed to touch and hug.

I just love the moment when KJH pulled CSH away from the party - he was so darn confident of his woman. PBG and SHK are so talented and they deserve all the accolades in making this drama so magical. Ep 8 is humanly sad but beautiful.

PBG and SHK chemistry is no joke, seriously. 

I really agreed with your praises for Park Bo Gum's and Song Hye Kyo's natural acting.

The kiss scene reflected their longing each other, it has been conveyed perfectly to suit the missing emotion. I am glad that PD and scriptwriter made this scene realistically ensamble to characters/situations, rather than more intense&heated to create talk of the town PR.

After KJH and CSH moved on to more status than pre-relationship stage, KJH and CSH acted naturally as a dating couple, he could hold her hand and pull her to balcony outside.

I can not imagine PBG's and SHK's chemistry when news announced their confirmation of accepting the Encounter project but PBG and SHK can amazingly create KJH and CSH to exist in the K-drama land in audiences' eyes and mind. 

6 hours ago, stroppyse said:

So, a lot of the text is blurry on this still, however, the article is about SH being on a date with someone. And, that there was something about her circulating via SNS. Finally, something about her showing off childish behaviour.

So, I'm going to assume that someone did see the kiss perhaps and probably gossiped about it on SNS which was then picked up by various reporters. Sorry, this is as much as I can make out.

I hope that KJH will not choose any way to solve this problem which impact his life or the cruel chaebeol do anything to hurt KJH&CSH much worse.

Frankly writing here, when he chose to relocate in order to save CSH's CEO postion, I am so sad for his parents&his little brother to be far away from their valuable KJH. I really understand his eyes' expression like deeply guilty when he was with his family. KJH might be CSH's boyfriend while he is still a good son to make his family happy too, conflicting sometimes. 

• Like 16
  • Thanks 2

23 hours ago, hushhh said:

I came for BoGum but I find that Jang Seung-Jo as Jung Woo-Seok that has me fascinated.  While I'm not shipping Woo-Seok with Soo-Hyun, I feel his pain for the lost opportunity for that relationship. If love is an action, he has been loving Soo-Hyun for a while but somehow never was able to let her understand his feelings.  I think so far all his interventions, from the divorce on, has been to set Soo-Hyun free, which is what he thinks she wanted.

@hushhh, I know exactly what you mean. Definitely not shipping him with Soo Hyun, but I felt sorry for him too.  However, I'm ready for him to move on and realize that he had an opportunity and he needs to leave her alone as she pursues happiness with another man. 

I was hoping beyond hope that he would see Soo Hyun and Jin Hyuk kissing. This is only episode 8 so I have a feeling we have some heavy angst coming ahead for our OTP.  However, I will bask in their happiness for now.  Another good episode.

Can't wait for the subs, I'm very excited to know what some of the conversations were about. I especially want to know what brought Soo Hyun to cry--almost twice.  I wonder if it's because she felt the pang of Jin Hyuk going to be in another city and she wouldn't see him every day. I wonder if her sentimental smile as she watched the dancers  at the party had her wishing she could go back to that carefree moment with Jin Hyuk in Cuba when she probably truly enjoyed herself for the first time.

• Like 14

Just saw the episode and it was wonderful (including the back of PBG's head during the kiss ;)).

I'm still thinking about those masks.  I really do think that SH's mask is Green Man.  And I loved that JH was the Tin Man (after all, that character just wanted to have a heart).

• Like 14

25 minutes ago, thistle said:

Just saw the episode and it was wonderful (including the back of PBG's head during the kiss ;)).

I'm still thinking about those masks.  I really do think that SH's mask is Green Man.  And I loved that JH was the Tin Man (after all, that character just wanted to have a heart).

:joy: I saw what you did there lol. 

That's a great find about Green Man!!  I like the connection to nature that it has, especially considering all the discussion there's been about SooHyun and her connection to nature in the drama :thumbsup:

• Like 7
  • LOL 2

2 hours ago, beebeep said:

I don't understand JWS at all. Let's assume that it's very hard for him to win SH's heart during the marriage due to his mom and since SH felt forced to the marriage, it's making the marriage life miserable. However, if he really loves SH, he should have continued to pursue SH after the divorce so that he can win her heart voluntarily? Instead, he was passive and just observing her from the back for that past 2 years....

Now that SH is happy with JH, he's intruding and wants SH back....that's really crazy. Where were you JWS during those 4 years when SH didn't have anybody to support her?

To me, he doesn't really love her because he doesn't know the real CSH. He just believes, he loves her.

When they met for the first time and CSH asked him what kind of woman he would like, he replied that he liked CSH's style. First with his words, he meant, she should be just herself... however, back then CSH was just the obedient and nice daughter who would do anything for her parents. So when he answered, he liked her style, she thought, he liked the image the media were selling. But during these two years, he never tried to discover who CSH was and what she liked. Even the last episode confirmed one more time that he clearly doesn't know his ex-wife. He has no idea what she likes, what makes her laugh aso. Like JH said, to love someone it takes an effort and JWS is clearly not doing any effort. He just orders others to find out about CSH... He makes no effort. His only "effort" is to visit CSH's office and confess his feelings for her. By doing so, he believes that CSH might see him in a different light which is ridiculous. In order to be loved... you need to make an effort (show your love) so that this love is returned. He just thought, since JH left to Sokcho, he has now the time and the space to woo her. 

In this episode, we have a reference to the wizard of Oz and Cinderella (the masquerade ball = the ball where the prince meets Cinderella). I also love the change... Midnight is not the end of the magic (Cinderella returns to the poor girl), rather the beginning of their strong love.

• Like 18
  • Thanks 2

49 minutes ago, thistle said:

I think you’re right about the tin man but if I could disagree with CSH’s mask. I think she is the (wo)man behind the iron mask, the real CSH had been locked up, hidden from the world and the false CSH was out and about. Now things are about to change 

In fact in the DiCaprio movie there is a masquerade ball where the musketeers replace the King with his twin, the man in the iron mask. 

The mask CSH wore was also extremely peculiar, it is a combination of an iron mask with a crown? 

Like a combination of these two images?

9-B4486-BB-00-B1-4455-B045-C703-BEFF38-C

@utkim sent you a link but the site is sort of shady. 

• Like 13
  • Thanks 2