[Drama 2018-2019] My only one, 하나뿐인 내편

0ly40

@nohamahamoud2002, With regard to Mr. Kang, he was sentenced to life in prison but the courts were “gracious” to him in that they gave him a second chance most likely because he demonstrated that he was remorseful and lived the life of a model prisoner. Most of the times a convict appear before a judge to get their sentence reduced, they must appear repentant for the crime they committed. The same thing sometimes occur during the sentencing of a convicted criminal before the judge declares his punishment and the length of that punishment. I think the prison staff probably recommended Mr. Kang to the courts who were giving pardons because they saw the way he conducted himself and how he was truly repentant. We saw this when Dong Cheol visited him. His whole demeanor was one of someone who was ashamed and remorseful and he probably lived his life quietly in prison. I was glad when he was dissuaded from getting involved with the “shady” ex-convict who told him to look for him if he ever got out of prison. I can see that turning into pouring oil on fire because getting involved with shady characters will only bring him trouble. Thankfully Chairman Wang saved the day by paying Mr. Kang a year’s worth of salary in advance.

@sava2sava, I don’t think we have to worry much about Hong Joo because she’s like a pit bull. She won’t let go. :lol: Her sister can say what she likes to Hong Joo but in the end Hong Joo will do what she wants. Mr. Kang will be the issue. Having lived his life quietly, I think he will run away from Hong Joo. I think he will have to want the relationship with Hong Joo for them to work out. Either that or Hong Joo will have to charm him to the point where he won’t give up on her easily. It’s just too bad that Hong Sil will have a nightmare on all sides to deal with. :lol: All of the relationships that her family are involved with lead back to Kim Do Ran. I tell you it’s perverse. :sweatingbullets:

As to Da Ya, she would have felt inferior to a chaebol daughter if WDR had married one but she definitely could not have competed. Her attitude when WDR marry a chaebol daughter would never be blatantly hostile because she’s probably the type who would cower in the face of family prestige and money. However, just watch how she treats KDR. She already thinks KDR is her maid so I can’t see her respecting her at all. I wouldn’t care about this if KDR wasn’t so nice. I just hope KDR doesn’t let her walk all over her for the sake of getting along. I’d be very disappointed about that.

@cooleet, I kind of think Da Ya likes her husband but not as much as money and prestige. I just wish they would move out. She is the main source of issues in the house right now excluding grandma’s dementia spells. I do wonder if she will instigate conflict between the brothers but I’m hoping that the men will be sensible. My problem with Yi Ryook is that he often takes the side of his mother when she’s clearly wrong. I like that his father put him in his place last time. I hope his father eventually kick them out of the house because Da Ya won’t go of her own volition.

• Replies 1.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
4 hours ago, sava2sava said:

@nohamahamoud2002  I just have a feeling that DY Dad isn't what they are portraying him to be.. I don't think mom even knows what type of man she was really married to.. This is just my opinion.. Granted Mr.Wang did his time but I don;t think the writer is showing him in this type of light for no reasons at all just because he has repented.. I still thinks it's more to this back story.. What if it was DY dad that killed the loan shark..?

Really, if that is the case, it would be good, because how else can the problems be solved. I remember when Mr. Kang's wife died, he tried to commit suicide but was saved by the kind priest. Then he handed himself in. 

@NitaA  it was originally 50 episodes but to circumvent the rule of banning ads, they are divided to 100 episodes, so instead of airing one-hour episode on Saturdays and the same on Sundays, they divided them to air as 2 episodes (each of 35 minutes) on Saturdays and the same on Sundays. (you remember Marry me Now, and My Golden life were 50 episodes but of duration one hour. Also the mini-series were originally 16 episodes of one hour, but were divided to 32 episodes to allow for ads)

35 minutes ago, celebrianna said:

I don’t think we have to worry much about Hong Joo because she’s like a pit bull. She won’t let go. :lol: Her sister can say what she likes to Hong Joo but in the end Hong Joo will do what she wants. Mr. Kang will be the issue. Having lived his life quietly, I think he will run away from Hong Joo. I think he will have to want the relationship with Hong Joo for them to work out. Either that or Hong Joo will have to charm him to the point where he won’t give up on her easily. It’s just too bad that Hong Sil will have a nightmare on all sides to deal with. :lol: All of the relationships that her family are involved with lead back to Kim Do Ran. I tell you it’s perverse. :sweatingbullets:

As to Da Ya, she would have felt inferior to a chaebol daughter if WDR had married one but she definitely could not have competed. Her attitude when WDR marry a chaebol daughter would never be blatantly hostile because she’s probably the type who would cower in the face of family prestige and money. However, just watch how she treats KDR. She already thinks KDR is her maid so I can’t see her respecting her at all. I wouldn’t care about this if KDR wasn’t so nice. I just hope KDR doesn’t let her walk all over her for the sake of getting along. I’d be very disappointed about that.

2 hours ago, cooleet said:

I honestly don't know if Daya really loves her husband. From the very beginning the reason why she wants to get married is so that she could position herself first in the Wang household and she's very vocal that she wants to become the lady of the house. She even tells her husband to work in the company. Well, she married the wrong son. 

@celebrianna  @cooleet  Stated the above .. I had spoke about this a few pages back wondering if they're marriage could last because from mine and @cooleet point of view this marriage was doomed from the start.. Both DY and YY are to very spoiled kids YY is a mama's boy while his wife is the same with her mother.. I understand that both YY and DY dated for 5 years but I find they're mentality both childish.. DY went after YY because of talks she probably heard and refused to allow him to date others because she feels like she won't be the center of his universe.. Either one has never dated others before so how could they say they're ready for the next step which they just leap into anyway.. Both hasn't been apart from one another for more then a month.. I don't think YY went off to school in another country like most kids in his position would do due DY having her two cents to say about it.. Fearing that he would meet someone better then her..  It's been for her in a relationship with YY to claim her position in that family and that Mdm Of Bom Foods.. She don't love her husband she loves the title.. For YY he may have married her because he do loves her but whats going to hurt him more is the reason she married him.. With this being said I think these are grounds that he's going to want to divorce her.. 

Hong Joo vs Da Ya.. Interesting enough they're cut from the same cloth..Hong Joo has been at this way longer then Da Ya and her niece won;t be able to hold a candle next to her when it comes to the man she wants sure it's going to be a shocker to them all but Hong Joo love for Mr. Wang will weigh above it all.. This is another reasons why I think it's more about Da Ya dad then what has been said.. I don't think the man is as innocent as they say he is.. In Da Ya tantrum throwing to have her way to get DR couple divorced will also learn some horrible truths about her dad that maybe worst then Mr. Wang accidental killing.. Who knows if Aunt finds out she won't spare her niece feelings nor her sisters about what a character her dad really was..  What if Da Ya finds out from Aunt that her Dad was and abusive father towards her brother and mom.. How would she feels then about her I know nonetheless he is a father but lives turned out better being raised just by mom.

I hope KDR don't disappoint us.. Don't take any mess from Da Ya or her mom.. But it's going to be fun when Hong Joo finds out she has a step daughter.. She's going to take up for DR and put the mother and daughter in they place because first of all DR didn't kill your dad which gives none of them the right to treat DR that way.. It's not about poor Da Ya the pitiful one here is DR she was uprooted from both her parents raised by the evil adopted mom.. DR life has been a rollercoaster from the moment her mom died and father had to go to prison for accidently killing someone trying to save his wife life.. These are the grounds I think DR would forgive her dad for.. 

49 minutes ago, dramaninja said:

Oh man so many things left to happen then lol

Yes @dramaninja  So in the heap of all the bad things thats going to happen Let's try and find some humor in it all.. Maybe halmoni would get on the concubine her daughter and the concubine mother..:w00t: Halmoni has already caught Da Ya trying to take pictures of our DR couple. Wait will Da Ya become a stalker:angry:

Looking forward to next weekend episodes

On 11/10/2018 at 7:25 PM, nohamahamoud2002 said:

Well Mr Kang is not a villain. He committed a crime and paid for it by going to prison.  He has a right to get another chance. He repented. He is not a criminal by nature. Every one deserves a second chance.

I agree that robbery is wrong and causing the death of the loan shark is wrong too.  But running away with the cash was due to despair. By the death of the loan shark, he becomes even more desperate, that's why he escaped with the money.

Well said ,Mr Kang has done a terrible thing and he payed for it, at least he didn’t do it for the pleasure.

In real life i can’t condone the fact he took a life and associated with Mr. Kang that’s why I think the writer did a good job to elicit the audience’s sympathy and root for his second chance of happiness .

1 hour ago, Ameera Ali said:

Well said ,Mr Kang has done a terrible thing and he payed for it, at least he didn’t do it for the pleasure.

In real life i can’t condone the fact he took a life and associated with Mr. Kang that’s why I think the writer did a good job to elicit the audience’s sympathy and root for his second chance of happiness .

Wait @Ameera Ali  I thought the loan shark was already dead and in the mist of Mr.Kang picking up the money he grab the knife.. Supposedly Da Ya dad seen him running away not knowing what really happen assumed Mr.Kang killed the loan shark  which resulted into a fight and they Dad fell on the knife and died.. It's not like Mr. Kang set out to murder someone.. Sometimes it don't pay to be a good samaritan even though your should help one in need which leads me to believe Da Ya wasn't this saint they're making him out to be..

@sava2sava, no matter what Hong Joo loves her sister and naturally love her niece. Even if she becomes KDR’s stepmom, I don’t think it would be an easy choice to take any sides. Usually in family drama shows that I have seen it’s not so straight forward. Like a lot of times I wish the kids would marry even without their parent’s approval but they hardly ever do. That’s simply their society and I don’t think that will change. I expect WDR and KDR to wait until they get his mom’s approval by winning her over. I kind of expect that Hong Joo would marry without Hong Sil’s consent but will never give up on Hong Sil. In contrast, if it was a Western show, I wouldn’t necessarily expect this. 

@sava2sava, nobody said Da Ya’s father was a saint. It is the most natural thing to me that he is fondly remembered by his wife and children. Absolutely nothing is wrong with that. I think it’s very strange that we should make him into a scoundrel simply to make Mr. Kang look good. Even if he wasn’t a perfect saint like many of us aren’t, he still lost his life trying to stop a robber. I don’t think we should vilify him. Mr. Kang’s embarrassment and guilt about what happened clearly shows he know he bears some responsibility in this. That’s why he was still having nightmares after he was released from the prison and tried to drown himself but the Catholic priest saved him and encouraged him to live and find purpose in taking care of the orphan kids. Perhaps there is more to the story but it doesn’t negate the fact that a man died. He could be a gambler, an adulterer, an alcoholic, or whatever sin we want to dream up but his life was dear to his family so it’s only natural that they’ll make a big deal about it.

Also, I thought the goal of this storyline was to tackle the life of an ex-convict in society so it would defeat the purpose if all of a sudden his crime didn’t matter because the victim was a scoundrel anyway. The point should be that this man committed a crime, he repented of it and is trying to live a sober fruitful life in society with the second chance he was given.

1 hour ago, sava2sava said:

Wait @Ameera Ali  I thought the loan shark was already dead and in the mist of Mr.Kang picking up the money he grab the knife.. Supposedly Da Ya dad seen him running away not knowing what really happen assumed Mr.Kang killed the loan shark  which resulted into a fight and they Dad fell on the knife and died.. It's not like Mr. Kang set out to murder someone.. Sometimes it don't pay to be a good samaritan even though your should help one in need which leads me to believe Da Ya wasn't this saint they're making him out to be..

No one expected something as extreme as this happening, but he was a partial involvement in the situation that lead to someone dead .let’s not suger-cost it end of the day Mr Kang wasn’t the one end dead .

1 hour ago, celebrianna said:

Also, I thought the goal of this storyline was to tackle the life of an ex-convict in society so it would defeat the purpose if all of a sudden his crime didn’t matter because the victim was a scoundrel anyway. The point should be that this man committed a crime, he repented of it and is trying to live a sober fruitful life in society with the second chance he was given.

Yes @celebrianna  This is the moral of the story let's just sit back and see how the writer wraps this one up.. This one is up there with Koreans society towards widows and divorcee.. 

Speaking of widows why do Da Ya thinks Mr. Wang single out her sister to prey upon.. This woman is about as bad as her daughter..

@sava2sava, did you watch Still 17 or 30 but 17?

If so, the culprit that accidentally made the heroine end up in a coma was never forgiven by the heroine and another major character because the accident he caused took the lives of the heroine’s best friend and the other character’s beloved husband. I felt so bad for him because he was actually paying the hospital bills over many years for the heroine while she was in a coma and was abandoned by her family. He worked tirelessly taking every and any job to make money while only living in a tiny room. After she woke up he turned himself into the police. Yet, he was never forgiven. I can’t say I blame the heroine because she had a right to be angry but I really felt a lot of sympathy for the man because he never shunned the burden of his mistake and he was truly penitent.  

Hong Sil probably feels that way because her sister is rich. :huh: They think everybody would sell their souls for money.

I applaud whiny mom for telling Da Ya off if she is to call her mom every time something happens in the Wang family, then Da Ya should move out or go live with her mom instead!  It’s good to hear that whiny mom is not completely oblivious to Da Ya antics.  

11 minutes ago, emmaleigh said:

I applaud whiny mom for telling Da Ya off if she is to call her mom every time something happens in the Wang family, then Da Ya should move out or go live with her mom instead!  It’s good to hear that whiny mom is not completely oblivious to Da Ya antics.  

@emmaleigh  It's going to be fun to watch YY mom flip the script on her I was happy to hear her tell DY to go home and live in her moms house.. Which I think at some point in this story thats going to happen.. GR and MR relationship becomes known GR he also won't put up with her selfish behavior.. This is going to be a problem for Da Ya because she had been the center of attention in everyones lifes now that everyone is moving on claiming there loved ones she'll feel left out.. So back to YY she goes because she can't get her way at home anymore or noo one is paying attention to her..

44 minutes ago, celebrianna said:

Hong Sil probably feels that way because her sister is rich. :huh: They think everybody would sell their souls for money.

@celebrianna  I still don't get how she came to the conclusion that Mr Wang is after her sister for money.. If this is so why would he need to work as a driver.. I mean she has already pinpoint him out as a gigolo.. Da Ya puts me in the remind of the Aunt once they single someone out they stop at nothing to get what they want.. Has Da Ya even been listening to her sister at all she's the one running after Mr. Wang.. I hope in next weeks episode Mr. Wang tells her a thing or two..  Hong Sil seems to be all teed off with Mr.Wang but I think she will cower in front of him even after she starts to ask him about his intention towards her sister.. This is really going to be a kick to her pride when she finds out he don;t have any towards her and it will be a wake up call from her delusions like her daughter..

Once she learns of Mr. Wangs intention towards her sister due to her pride being hurt she'll try to separate Aunt from him which will make her grow even more fonder of Mr. Wang.. But it wouldn't suprise me in her attempt to have her sister marries a decent man she ends up setting her up with a gigolo..

1 hour ago, emmaleigh said:

I enjoyed watching that scene too but I don’t know if whiny mom would seriously do such a thing. Ultimately I hope they get kicked out of the house. I don’t even know why grown people like that want to live with their parents. Weird as heck to me unless it was a huge mansion, which it is not.

@sava2sava, Hong Sil must think Mr. Kang knows her sister is loaded. I don’t get the impression that her financial status is even on Mr. Kang’s radar. However, rich people who think too much of their money will naturally think that everybody is after their money. I think Hong Sil sees anybody who approaches Hong Joo as a person who is after her money especially if they aren’t rich like her sister. Mr Kang being a chauffeur naturally fits that bill. That’s how these ladies live their lives thinking that everybody worships money like they do. I’m glad that Mr. Kang will finally discover Hong Joo’s identity though. 

WDR and KDR were so adorable in today’s episodes and KMR and GR had me shedding tears. I’m so glad we saw that scene of DC and MR and the way she broke down crying remembering how her dad used to pick her up on his bike to take her home was so sad. I’m glad that GR was there for her after a rather terrible day. As to WDR and KDR, they had me grinning from ear to ear with their flirting. I like how WDR was sensitive enough to ask KDR if his mom said anything bad to her but of course KDR denied it. 

I assume WDR and KDR played off their hand holding while bumping into YR and DY on the street because in the preview it still seemed like DY was suspicious rather than having it confirmed by the meeting on the street. Oh well, it’s best that she and the mother find out now because we can begin the first trial now.

1 hour ago, celebrianna said:

WDR and KDR were so adorable in today’s episodes and KMR and GR had me shedding tears. I’m so glad we saw that scene of DC and MR and the way she broke down crying remembering how her dad used to pick her up on his bike to take her home was so sad. I’m glad that GR was there for her after a rather terrible day. As to WDR and KDR, they had me grinning from ear to ear with their flirting. I like how WDR was sensitive enough to ask KDR if his mom said anything bad to her but of course KDR denied it. 

I assume WDR and KDR played off their hand holding while bumping into YR and DY on the street because in the preview it still seemed like DY was suspicious rather than having it confirmed by the meeting on the street. Oh well, it’s best that she and the mother find out now because we can begin the first trial now.

@celebrianna  I was happy that GR was there for MR she do needs someone else to look up to because god knows her mom don't fit the bill.. She's another one that needed to wake up from her delusions.. She seems to think DR isn't pretty enough to get a man like WDR so I can also see her being against the relationship.. Loved when GR told WDR that he liked his hair..:wub: 

Now what's going to tee me off about all this is Da Ya don't have any rights to say anything about who WDR dates oir wants to date.. I hope WDR learns of her interfering in his personal life and tells her a thing or two in front of the whole family.. If WDR feels he wants to date a homeless woman from off the streets it is no business of hers.. I'm waiting for someone to tell her her business is to just mind hers and YY business and to stay in her own place.. This is why her intewrfering should get her kick out of the house..

I'm still not understanding why they want to live in that house amongst the elders newlyweds should want to run around the house naked doing exciting things.. Maybe DA Ya is just lazy and wants to bark orders at others..I don;t even think she makes her and YY bed in the morning.. My money is on the housekeepers do everything why she runs around being nosey..    

8 minutes ago, angelangie said:

yes totally feel the vibe there .... i feel like she is trying her best to walk out of the dark places....and she really seems to be more with the reality of the situation she is in now....

MiRan trying to live honestly and how GR was taking care of her by not being too obvious of it himself :) the slow take of him looking forward to see MiRan and how she had now unconsciously drawn his attention.....

i love the bicycle ride, she had my heart wretched up.....during the test and how she fall down how the others smirks and laugh at her.....i feel her totally.....i know it is a tough world there but honestly a kind hand will not kill the other participants sigh......

@angelangie liking these two also GR is like a breath of fresh air for MR and her reality check..  I'm liking how GR finding himself more attracted to her.. I think in one sense he feels the need to protect her make sure she's safe.. GR is just what MR needs to come out of that dark place she has place herself in..

18 minutes ago, sava2sava said:

@angelangie liking these two also GR is like a breath of fresh air for MR and her reality check..  I'm liking how GR finding himself more attracted to her.. I think in one sense he feels the need to protect her make sure she's safe.. GR is just what MR needs to come out of that dark place she has place herself in..

GR is amazing. He is curious but he is not pushy. It touched me when MR broke down on the bike on the way home, he was not panicking try to console her but keep going, gave her space and let her cry her eyes out. 

Dae Ryook is like a time bomb, he is so over the moon and giddy that he finally he got her to the point he basically spill the beans everywhere they go. With DY on their back, it's a matter of minutes til the bomb explodes. The girl needs to be busy doing something., she and MIL should involve in a charity work or something. 

Why would Da Ya want to live with her in laws? Firstly, she wants all the attentions on her b/c she has insecurities. Secondly, if she and hubby were to move out, she may be the one doing the housework and that in her delusional mind is absurd. Thirdly, she wants to be the next lady of “Bom & Food” after her MIL by marrying the youngest? Honestly speaking, Da Ya is not the brightest. She must think that WDR was never going to get married. 

Archived