[Drama 2018-2019] My only one, 하나뿐인 내편

0ly40

• Replies 1.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
On 11/5/2018 at 1:28 AM, celebrianna said:

No matter what KDR already likes WDR. Anybody who saw the way she was positively excited while getting ready for their date should realize this. Her best friend already told her to go for it but I suppose there are more voices discouraging her from pursuing her feelings. 

DR will be hurt so much because of DK's family. It is not that simple. DK's mom and Daya will cause her so much pain. I imagine the hell of a life she will get just being near them. 

In the past, I was a romantic but after watching Sunny Again Tomorrow, I just feel disappointed whenever the OTP get separated. So I decided to pay more attention to the obstacles :D 

We always have this family problem, if not the father, then it is the mother that's opposing the relationship. Here we have not only DK's mother but his sister-in-law too :blink: Daya is a nightmare 

On 11/4/2018 at 1:29 AM, stargazer187 said:

Ah, I'd like to call some friends to make the thread more alive. Come come out
@Lmangla @stroppyse @triplem @bebebisous33 @supergal99 and who else... I remember that you guys can bear with long episodes drama. Watch this guys. :lol: 

P.S. @Mau_Cherry you know the romance between the main OTP here is sweet. Watch this with me :D

Thanx a lot for calling me - I was a bit busy with family and friends - so sorry for beeing late - I will check it out. Was not on my radar until you tagged me.

On 11/8/2018 at 3:48 AM, peggygordon said:

Just saw the preview...So curious what will happen on next episode. Is it gonna be a first kiss for our OTP? I think it's Too soon for weekend drama lol

If someone has eng sub for those preview please let me know :wub:

:sweatingbullets: I think it is too soon too so maybe it means lots of angst ahead as we can suspect from “dumb and dumber”.

On 11/6/2018 at 9:22 AM, nohamahamoud2002 said:

DR will be hurt so much because of DK's family. It is not that simple. DK's mom and Daya will cause her so much pain. I imagine the hell of a life she will get just being near them. 

In the past, I was a romantic but after watching Sunny Again Tomorrow, I just feel disappointed whenever the OTP get separated. So I decided to pay more attention to the obstacles :D 

We always have this family problem, if not the father, then it is the mother that's opposing the relationship. Here we have not only DK's mother but his sister-in-law too :blink: Daya is a nightmare 

We have been repeatedly discussing on the thread about the way Da Ya treats DR so poorly so I’m sure that none of us expect WDR and KDR to marry without facing major issues, the most significant being that her biological father is an ex-convict. That’s the only blemish that can truly make KDR feel vulnerable to anyone’s condemnation.

Otherwise, being poor doesn’t seem to phase WDR especially as someone who was looking for a financially profitable marriage with a good family. Whatever tests both him and KDR face in the form of opposition from his family will determine the extent of his love for KDR and how much he wants to marry her. All of this I think they can overcome because KDR is in fact an upright, kind, hard working woman whom I’m sure grandma and Chairman Wang, who might object initially, will eventually come to love given the way they value character. 

anyway all the complications will just drag the plot more. I really regard Daya alone as the worst obstacle. She is so abominable.

As for Mr. Kang, it will take some time to reveal that he is Doran's father. I wonder what will be Doran's reaction. Will she be shocked? Will she find excuses for her father?

I think Kang is worried that DK isn't serious about marriage. I still didn't watch today's episode but I think when he realizes the sincerity of DK feelings, he won't object.

I like DR very much but my favourite character is the father. I am mainly watching because of him, he really breaks my heart 

I think I am growing older :D  the last OTP that really broke my heart were :wub:Yook Sungjae :wub: and Kim Hee-Jung in School 2015 :D  

For me, Mr. Kang doesn’t break my heart. I like him but I was very upset when I saw what he did. I know he was distraught because his wife was critically ill and he needed money for her medical care, but my sympathy abruptly ended when he saw the man bleeding on the ground and instead of being scared and running away, he had the presence of mind to grab the cash on the desk and run. And when the man passing by tried to stop him because the lady from the office asked him to, Mr. Kang didn’t even chicken out but continued his robbery efforts which then resulted in the death of a man.

That said, I like that he’s repentant. That’s the only thing that softens my heart towards him. Killing a man by accident is still a serious matter and I’m glad he shows remorse otherwise I wouldn’t like him. Nevertheless, it’s a scar that he will have to carry for the rest of his life. I hope the writer handles this matter sensitively because at no time would I like to see the death of a human being treated like it didn’t matter. I expect forgiveness and reconciliation but don’t sweep the seriousness of the death under the rug.

Oh yes a yummy kiss at the end..:phew:  KDR is opening up to WDR We can thank Mr. Wang for setting them up..

Boy things isn't going to sit right with DY Halmoni has given DR a diamond necklace that matches hers in her right frame of mind and already dumb and dumber eyeing it.. I tell you the pioor child just don't understand.. She married into the wrong family if she wants to be doted upon.. This family has known her since she was and infant whats to doted upon they did that when she wass small.. She's just like a family member no different then the kids with the exception these are the boys home.. Jealousy is brewing even more because of the necklace and I wouldn't be suprise if Dy don;t demand Dr to give the necklace to her or snatch it off her neck..

Well the priest rated Mr. Wang out and told DY aunt that Mr. Wang is single.. She's really going to be head over hills since he stop her purse snatching..

1 hour ago, celebrianna said:

For me, Mr. Kang doesn’t break my heart. I like him but I was very upset when I saw what he did. I know he was distraught because his wife was critically ill and he needed money for her medical care, but my sympathy abruptly ended when he saw the man bleeding on the ground and instead of being scared and running away, he had the presence of mind to grab the cash on the desk and run. And when the man passing by tried to stop him because the lady from the office asked him to, Mr. Kang didn’t even chicken out but continued his robbery efforts which then resulted in the death of a man.

That said, I like that he’s repentant. That’s the only thing that softens my heart towards him. Killing a man by accident is still a serious matter and I’m glad he shows remorse otherwise I wouldn’t like him. Nevertheless, it’s a scar that he will have to carry for the rest of his life. I hope the writer handles this matter sensitively because at no time would I like to see the death of a human being treated like it didn’t matter. I expect forgiveness and reconciliation but don’t sweep the seriousness of the death under the rug.

I think there is still a secret in the whole thing, we don't know what happened to the other man who was stabbed. As for killing by accident, I really don't know, it wasn't intentional, but I think because I like the actor, and the writer is drawing him in favorable light, I just can't hate him.

preview

@nohamahamoud2002, I find the actor for Mr. Kang handsome. This is my first time seeing him but I like what I see so far. Nevertheless, even if it was my favorite actor in his role, I would still have the same point of view. As a person who avidly like detective books and tv shows, I cannot dismiss the death of people easily regardless of whether the person who died was an upstanding person or not. Also, while it might be true that we don’t know the whole story, it does not diminish Mr. Kang’s involvement in the situation including his robbery. 

@sava2sava, why didn’t KDR refuse the necklace? I think it’s more trouble than it’s worth. Since she’s not a part of the family, I think she should not have accepted it under any circumstances. 

@stargazer187, Da Ya will definitely cause trouble. I know she would try to attack KDR because I don’t think I have ever seen her talk to WDR. I hope she gets exposed to him. KDR better not let her shake her confidence.

32 minutes ago, celebrianna said:

@nohamahamoud2002, I find the actor for Mr. Kang handsome. This is my first time seeing him but I like what I see so far. Nevertheless, even if it was my favorite actor in his role, I would still have the same point of view. As a person who avidly like detective books and tv shows, I cannot dismiss the death of people easily regardless of whether the person who died was an upstanding person or not. Also, while it might be true that we don’t know the whole story, it does not diminish Mr. Kang’s involvement in the situation including his robbery. 

That is a good technique by writers to make viewers sympathize with the character even if he is mistaken, just like we see in movies, the handsome actor is acting wrong, but because viewers like him, they will be a bit hesitant whether to like the character or not :) 

anyway, I think that Mr. Kang has to go through redemption by the end of the drama. It is early to predict.

@nohamahamoud2002, unfortunately that technique fails spectacularly with me. :phew:There are many handsome villains I hated to the core. Take for instance Da Ya. I suppose the actress is pretty but all I see is her rottenness. WDR’s mother played a very sensible mother in another family drama and I really liked the character but I don’t like her character much here. The personal beauty or my favoritism for an actor in no way affect my moral judgement of a character they play. ^_^

Well Mr Kang is not a villain. He committed a crime and paid for it by going to prison.  He has a right to get another chance. He repented. He is not a criminal by nature. Every one deserves a second chance.

I agree that robbery is wrong and causing the death of the loan shark is wrong too.  But running away with the cash was due to despair. By the death of the loan shark, he becomes even more desperate, that's why he escaped with the money.

17 minutes ago, nohamahamoud2002 said:

Well Mr Kang is not a villain. He committed a crime and paid for it by going to prison.  He has a right to get another chance. He repented. He is not a criminal by nature. Every one deserves a second chance.

It is true.  Whether it was stealing, killing or something that we are all not aware of the story in full, he has paid for it for the last 20+ years.  He has paid for it and was released early because he was a model citizen in the prison.  Even then after coming out, he would get nightmares and walked into the river.  He was then rescued by the priest.  Once DR comes to know about him and the circumstances, she might get angry and then forgive him .  

DY is still the childish girl I saw in the first episode.  IF she does not get her way, either scheme to get it or throw a tantrum.  It is sad that the mother raised such a vindictive child whether or not her father was alive or killed.  She did not do a good job.  I don't understand what is so great about being the lady of the house.  DY mother works and makes a living.  What happened to DY flower shop?  Did she quit as soon as she got married.  YR's mother was right in rejecting DY.  She knew her son was a flaky one and he sure is.  I don't see much character improvement in him.  Also, DY mother interjecting into every issue at their inlaws house is bad and DR's mother trying to please her friend at all times just to keep the friendship will have terrible issues which will cause pain to the rest of the family.  

The only good thing for me is the grandma both with and without dementia.  Her acting is also great.  I truly enjoy watching her scenes over and over again.  She hates everyone except DR (MY).  I guess it shows how much a person can show their evilness without even saying a word.  I guess the grandma sees that in both her DIL and G-DIL and hence does not like them.  

Archived