[Drama 2018-2019] My only one, 하나뿐인 내편

0ly40

4 minutes ago, angelangie said:

maybe in due times....im sure most family drama have good ending? 

yess from what ive watched so far, usually most family dramas had good ending.. but the OTP’s love stories were always challenged either by jealous exes or by crazy family members.. it cant be helped lol 

• Replies 1.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
2 hours ago, celebrianna said:

However, now GR knows that MR is falling for him. He also already know that MR’s mother told her to marry a man who is employed. MR sure confesses a lot to him when she’s drunk.

4 hours ago, Ameera Ali said:

DaYa has done plenty of other shamelessly stupid things in the past, so it's not exactly a mile out of character  she gonna keep milking the situation . I don’t understand  how many stupid and basically pointless accusation will Da Ya come up with before WDR has a serious conversation with her? I think she will keep poking DoRan until she lose her cool on her .

@Ameera Ali  DY has no reason to even have any type of contact with DY she no longer works for that company so let her have her spotlight which wasn't their from the beginning.. All she wanted was for the family to treat her like she was the crown princess abd cater to her needs.. Now if she goes poking at DY this will show all low class she really is.. Remember DY thinks she's above others so in her high and moral class she souldn't be associated with DR who she thinks is beneth her.. I'm wonder when will she spill out she married WYY to become Mdm of Bom foods.. If she don't find this marriage with motive I don't know what could it be then.. Regardless of her position she will never be Mdm of Bom foods..   The next woman to be Mdm Of Bom Foods is WDR wife and I hope Dumber explain this to Dumb..

I'm wondering do she thinks the next woman to marry in that family will help her status increase..

2 hours ago, celebrianna said:

However, now GR knows that MR is falling for him. He also already know that MR’s mother told her to marry a man who is employed. MR sure confesses a lot to him when she’s drunk.

@celebrianna  I love it when MR gets drunk and confess.. I think GR has been digging on her for a while now.. He ;purposely goes there when she's there.. He understands her and her situation.. 

People who gets drunk will tell you how they really feel.. My G/pa always told me a drunken tongue speaks a sober mind.. 

1 hour ago, chdom said:

You know what? KDR take up evil mil’s offer to study abroad. Get yourself so successful & comeback to take revenge on evil mil/DY. Get back together with WDR... Reconcile with dad. 

@chdom DR would never take a dime from her that will give her something else to add to the list of insults she hurled at her in todays episode.. DR is doing whats best for now even if they find a new nurse for Mom it's not going to be the same as it was with DR.

So let these two concubines enjoy there moment it won;t last for long when MIL start going after them for taking her sister away.. I have a feeling the talk of putting mother in a home again will come to the table.. The Chairman is going to blow a fiuse.. But most of all I see DY loosing halmoni.. I hope DR be the one to find her and this time she ends up moving in the house.. This will teach DY a good lesson.. Let her have lots of sleepless nights and dark circles under er eyes because she'll be spying all night Dumber will give her this job..

@Matilda_Anne  You should also checkout the other weekend drama.. 

Reminds me to some extent. I just watched Sabrina with Harrison Ford & Julia Ormond. Chauffeurs daughter! 

Just gets my blood boiling all these abusive MIL’s/richard simmons SIL. From personal experience I know. I’ve come to the conclusion that whomever my sons want to marry I will try my best to support.

I wish DR wouldn’t take the abuse. Plus, why hurt WDR feelings? Tell him what’s really going on while sorting yourself out. The angst!

13 hours ago, stargazer187 said:

Ugh... I'm waking up so early to watch this. I hate watching those two witches plot in ruining the OTP love. I keep fast forwarding their scenes since I already can tell what they're going to say.  

No preview?? Sighhh. What a depressing episode. Maybe I should put this on hold for a while so I don't need to feel upset like now. But I can't even do that cuz I've attached to this a lot. Pftt

Can those men see why is DR like that? The witches in their family had upset her before then can that be their hint to see things clear? Very depressing. If it were Haelmoni, she'd know right away it must be because of those concubine and her daughter did.  I guess we can count on her next week, I'm cheering for Haelmoni strike because they took away her myung hee!! Let her run away to meet her like what she warned to Chairman Wang. 

the two witches remind me of SH and JE in Sunny Again Tomorrow :) , that is always the same in most dailies. But here my sympathies are more for KDR. UEE is an excellent actress, I really cried with her at the last scene, when she was hiding her face with the blanket and crying, even her stepmom felt sorry for her :(, if my mom saw me she would wonder why I was crying, but this is my case in kdramas, I always end up crying.

As much as I hate it, I kind of understand why KDR said all the stupid lies to WDR:confounded:

She knew from experiences how persistent WDR was in his journey to win her heart and how all the polite rejection didn't work with him. So in order to make him stop pursuing the reason behind her attitude as fast as possible is to hurt him with harsh words (red: lies), for it pained her so much to face him over and over with steely facade when all she wanted to do is hold him close and tell him all the humiliation she had endured from his own mother.

Spoiler

But still, I'd love to see KDR turn into Byeon Hye-yeong/Lee Hye-yeong from My Father is strange, that girl kicks richard simmons:joy:

48 minutes ago, stargazer187 said:

@chikumakanagaki yup. Those lies aren't that believable to him still. This week we're left with him agreeing to her break up. And I believe next week he'll come for her again. Because if it's not then his feeling isn't that deep yet.

Hide contents

Yesss... I want her to fight those witches and never let them step on her. 

@stargazer187 I know he will, he already said he can't live without KDR when she was hurt last week, so it only makes sense for him not to give up that easily:glasses:

And, I'm also anticipating what Papa Kang will do.

Something is wrong and that something is hurting his baby girl, there is no way he will stand still:naughty:

@stargazer187, as much as I would like WDR to continue to pursue KDR, I don’t think giving up at this point is unreasonable for him. The guy was practically groveling. Do you guys realize how utterly embarrassing it is to pursue someone to this extent, knocking on her door in the middle of the night like a crazy person, begging her to tell you what happened, sleeping in front of her house until morning, begging others to find out from her what happened, barging into her house unwelcomed, hearing those cold words repeatedly, taking in that steely look, getting rejected publicly like that in front of others, etc?

Dae Ryook struggled a lot before deciding to pursue KDR because he already had the image of the woman he wanted to marry. He was honest with himself and decided to give up that goal to follow his heart. He not only followed his heart by pursuing KDR relentlessly in the face of her adamant rejections, he even took it a step further recently by giving her a ring and telling her he is thinking about marriage. He encouraged her by telling her she’s his woman, she should be confident and he doesn’t want anyone to hurt her with harsh words. He also told her recently that they should face everything together. 

I said all of this to show how far and how much Dae Ryook has done for this relationship. He was always the one doing something. KDR has not stood up for this relationship not once. Even when they met her stepmom and MR outside the house it was Dae Ryook who took the initiative to introduce himself as her boyfriend despite the fact that they made up their minds to tell their families.

I think it’s KDR’s turn now and I don’t expect her to do a thing until she makes up her mind about what she wants. I would love to see where her life takes her now. It takes money to go to law school so I don’t know if I can expect a development in this direction. I don’t know if she would take the money from EY. It’s not exactly dirty money since it’s payment for her services but it might be right to reject it because it was never her intention to take money for taking care of Grandma or she also might not want to feel indebted to EY.

For all the nasty things EY said to KDR about ruining the peace in their family I sincerely hope from now on she doesn’t have a single day of peace in her family.

4 minutes ago, angelangie said:

i pity Master Wang....he did his best but his wife whom he care for....always tends to be the wet blanket....he worried for his mom and he tried to care folr his wife as best as he can.......

with the only one person whom Madam Park can relate to during her dementia state or should i say her anchor during that state taken out.....i wanna see how our mighty DaYa can overcome it?

how many rounds of hair tearing session she can bore with Madam Park.....unless she decided to go for the extreme where she pushes Madam Park down the staircase unintentionally :x

@angelangie  tbh I also forsee something bad happening to Mdm Park because of DY and she won't be able to blane DR because it was in her plan to get rid off her .. Mdm is next.. EY deserves no peace nor do DY..

It was DY herself that compared herself to DR rather she knows it or not..  Who cares about who halmoni worship DY is and attention seeker.. 

@angelangie @sava2sava EY not having peace in her family doesn’t necessarily affect WDR and Chairman Wang to the same extent. Seeing that both of these men work, they’re not home the majority of the time. What I am hoping for is that the prophecy EY attributed to KDR joining her family is brought upon her family through her own actions. May she never have a single day of peace henceforth. 

3 minutes ago, celebrianna said:

@angelangie @sava2sava EY not having peace in her family doesn’t necessarily affect WDR and Chairman Wang to the same extent. Seeing that both of these men work, they’re not home the majority of the time. What I am hoping for is that the prophecy EY attributed to KDR joining her family is brought upon her family through her own actions. May she never have a single day of peace henceforth. 

Your right @celebrianna  All the harsh deeds she claimed Dr will bring upon her family will be brought upon her due to her and DY actions.. Let them suffer halmoni wrath day in and day out.. Getting a nurse isn't going to solve the problem is getting a nuse that halmoni would like and she and DY will have to pray he stay' after all the abuse halmoni will be dishing out 

I think if they suggest that Madam Park should be put in a home the Chairman should tell them to move out of the house. They all can go live in an apartment and let the matriarch stay in her own home.

I thought before WDR and KDR broke up that perhaps grandma can live with them in the house once they get married and everyone else move out. That’s because in both frame of minds Madam Park is close to KDR and is kind to WDR. 

11 minutes ago, stargazer187 said:

We still have 30 hours episodes anyway. Many things are in stores for us. I just hope that the angst would be balanced with other characters' development. Like how they upset me when dad died and mom kicked DR out the house penniless. The writer shows how a survivor DR overcomes her problems and live well. Like having an episode without the two causing another ruckus. 

Do Ran has suffered the most so far and I hope there are brighter days in her future. I really want to see her succeed in her career and make something of herself. However, Korean drama career plots are not like Western stories. In real life here in New York, if you stay at a company for more than five years it’s like you’re considered a dinosaur. :lol: That tells me that there are many more career opportunities available here. In Korean drama however, it seems that employment opportunities are not readily available and when someone finds a job they put up with so many things just to keep that job. This is why I’m very curious about where Do Ran path will take her now.

16 minutes ago, smhelen said:

OMO, OMO. Things have changed. LOL:grimace:

Yes. I was surprised too. I can see both points of view though. Young people in their 20s tend to move on a lot as well. I think most people think it’s easier to get a significant salary increase through changing jobs. People also don’t seem to be loyal to companies that much. I think maybe they also feel sticking around too long can make one complacent.

In Kdrama though people give a lot for a job.

@Nour Alhouda, quite frankly I find Asian fans scary. 

Spoiler

I remember when I first read that some Korean celebrities had committed suicide because of netizens disparaging comments that add fuel to any fire already lit, I was extremely disgusted. There are actors that I like in the US and UK and nothing they could do in their personal lives would make me take to a computer to post hate comments. Actors are human too. I think it’s ridiculous the things that are expected of them in the Korean entertainment industry. 

I see people talk a lot about Uee’s weight but I never realized her thinness until people comment about it. I think the only actress that I remember prominently as too thin is the Chinese actress who starred in Love O2O. She was so thin that her bones were prominent in her arms to the point where rather than her arms looking healthy and toned, they look more like old people’s arms. Uee, now that I look closer at her, looks thin but I don’t know what her bare arms look like. If they look toned and lean, I really do not see anything wrong with that. If she’s a model too, then even more so I don’t find anything wrong with her thinness if she looks lean.  I saw her before when she had on more weight in Ojakyo Brothers in OTP with Joo Won. I like both her looks.

@stargazer187, KDR really quit. When WDR spoke to his father, he said Human Resources had already confirmed receipt of her resignation letter. I don’t think KDR would have quit her job if that woman hadn’t demanded that she submit her resignation. In any case, I guess KDR will decide to go back to doing her part time jobs after she pulls herself together. A person like her, I can see her throwing herself into work and study to forget everything.

@stargazer187, I wonder too if they’re still live filming. I guess maybe a preview will be released on Thursday. I’m truly curious about what happens to KDR next. I thought it would be a good opportunity to do a timeskip but then Madam Park would most likely be much further along in the deterioration of her state so I don’t know if it would make sense to the story. 

Spoiler

Hopefully Uee has genuine friends or family members that can provide a good support system. That goes a long way. One of the reasons I really enjoy the main character in My Love From Another Star is because she was so resilient in spite of the hate comments she got for being implicated in the death of a rival actress. I loved her attitude even though she did cry privately at times.

Archived