[Drama 2018] The Guest, 손

jeijei

• Replies 1.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

0e177bb0bb7d4258a92d348541d01c8f.jpeg?s=

Kim Dong Wook And Kim Jae Wook Talk About Working Together For 1st Time Since “Coffee Prince”

Kim Dong Wook and Kim Jae Wook, who have been confirmed to appear in a new drama together, talked about their previous drama “Coffee Prince.”

In “Coffee Prince,” Kim Dong Wook had played the playful yet hot-tempered waiter Jin Ha Rim who was fond of Go Eun Chan (Yoon Eun Hye) while Kim Jae Wook was the taciturn waffle chef Noh Sun Ki. The two actors are about to show a different kind of chemistry in their new drama that has a completely different atmosphere.

On working with Kim Jae Wook once more, Kim Dong Wook commented, “It’s been 11 years since [we filmed] ‘Coffee Prince.’ On one hand, I’m happy and relieved to see him, but on the other hand, I wonder what took so long. The fact that I have a reliable friend on set will be comforting to me. I think he’ll be someone I’ll be able to lean on.”

Kim Jae Wook also shared his opinion, saying, “I think it’s been about 11 to 12 years since we’ve met on set. Rather than with the unripe feelings we had in our mid-twenties, we will meet with the individual experiences we gained over the past ten years. He’s pretty much the only one of my fellow actor friends who is the same age as me, so I’m very happy to see him. I’m looking forward to this.”

When asked to make video letters to each other, Kim Dong Wook said, “How are you doing? I heard you worked hard on your performances. It’s been a while since we met, so let’s recall our fun memories from the past and do our best for a good drama. Way to go.”

Contrary to Kim Dong Wook’s polite and shy letter, Kim Jae Wook kept his message short and sweet by saying, “I love you, Dong Wook. Let’s not fight on set.”

Kim Dong Wook and Kim Jae Wook will be appearing in the drama tentatively titled “The Guest.” It tells the story of a psychic, a priest, and a detective who solve bizarre crimes that occur throughout Korean society, banishing the evil in people’s hearts through a combination of Korean-style exorcism and shamanism.

Kim Dong Wook will play the lead character, Yoon Hwa Pyung, who uses his psychic powers to act as a shaman. Although he has a strong commitment to exorcising evil spirits, his free-spirited nature hides a dark heart. On the other hand, Kim Jae Wook plays Choi Yoon, a cold and cynical priest whose strong will and sense of evil make him an ideal exorcist. However, he shows little emotion and drives people away with his unapproachable personality.

Soompi 

• Guest changed the title to [Upcoming OCN Drama 2018] Hand: The Guest - Wed & Thu @ 23:00 KST - Premieres on September 12th

Thank you to @jeijei for starting the thread.

Waves also to @RPM, @feelbora, @sava2sava, @jongski, @AlexandraReid@cafe99, @Ayame,  @icemaid,
@zenya22,  and everyone else here.  panda-wave-smiley-emoticon.gif

On 8/8/2018 at 1:03 PM, jeijei said:

I think this will be picked up by the OTT providers or may turn out to be a Netflix Original due to Jaewook's popularity. But if no one's going to sub it, I'll gladly recruit people to fansub. 

@jeijei, I hope you are right about it.
I have submitted requests to Netflix.  (They state, ONE request per IP address.)

Anyone with a Netflix account can make a  request, but please remember only One per IP address.

https://help.netflix.com/en/titlerequest

But we can submit many requests to  Viki  and DramaFever.

Viki:  https://vikiinc.wufoo.com/forms/title-request-form/

DramaFever:  https://docs.google.com/forms/d/e/1FAIpQLScuXiW1XwtSRt0H_ehdDMABJYJNQWA1xj78ni06l4m_OG-ZHg/viewform

I suggest we all do that.

Viki has a fan channel for this drama; But it has received very little love, unfortunately, and only 12 followers.

https://www.viki.com/tv/36184c-the-guest

If you not yet done so, please follow the channel and have your voice be heard.  There is a slim chance, but both companies have made exception in the past,  in licensing shows soon after they started.

Thank you everyone for their contributions on this thread.

Even if Viki gets the license, I cannot apply as Channel Manager due to regional unavailability of the drama. It won't be probably available in my country so I will be restricted to access it. And oh, my QC status already expired due to lack of activity. Bummer. But you know, Kdramas get much love on Viki, so it's likely that volunteers will flock the page once it gets licensed. 

Viu got the license. 

On 9/6/2018 at 6:04 PM, jeijei said:

Even if Viki gets the license, I cannot apply as Channel Manager due to regional unavailability of the drama. It won't be probably available in my country so I will be restricted to access it. And oh, my QC status already expired due to lack of activity. Bummer. But you know, Kdramas get much love on Viki, so it's likely that volunteers will flock the page once it gets licensed. 

Viu got the license. 

@jeijei, how can you tell before the drama is licensed on Viki which regions it would be for?
Too bad about your QC having been expiring. Sorry to hear that. I think Viki is going through some transitions, where things are done differently.

Thank you for the wonderful news that Viu got the license !  happy-clap.gif

@RPM thank you much for the video and photos from the press conference. !

On 9/9/2018 at 7:22 AM, irilight said:

@jeijei, how can you tell before the drama is licensed on Viki which regions it would be for?

No user can tell for sure since it's up to the licensing deal. Well, I said it probably won't be available in my region because historically, on-air Kdramas rarely were. I was able to translate Legend of the Blue Sea and W to my native language during their run because at that time QCs could still access regionally restricted dramas. But Viki has since changed their policy. 

Archived