[Drama 2018] Thirty But Seventeen, 서른이지만열일곱입니다

meechuttso

39 minutes ago, Dramanoona said:

Unfortunately I think the kiss wouldn't happen yet since the preview seems to show SR so innocently carefree and not awkward around WJ....

How long should we wait? Ep 12 ? Ep 13? *wails*

That’s true, we usually get a kiss by episode 8-10, but it seems this show won’t be heavy on skinship so I guess we’ll get like two old school kisses in the whole drama. :lol: I guess we’ve been spoiled by cable TV kisses lately haha. :D

• Replies 2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
2 hours ago, Lj said:

I wonder how will be their first kiss? I hope it’s not something accident or force, because it should be something special since it will their both first kiss:blush:

same to same... i too want it to be something unique and special which would make my heart flutter the most...

i am voting SR would go for a kiss in her excitement (just like she blurted that she missed WJ) and then WJ will be shocked at first but then he would initiate the second mutual one..

ok that seems like FF but i want one epic execution of kiss scene.. thats all i need.

14 hours ago, aisling said:

The latest BTS isn’t enough! I need BTS to that moth scene!!! 

Does anybody else think YSJ and SHS are very comfortable around each other in BTS? Even though I love our OTP and I think they have amazing chemistry onscreen, strangely I don’t feel the same vibe when I watch them in BTS. They feel like they’re more comfortable friends in real life.

Yeah, they're just really comfortable with each other !

I have HIIIIIIGH expectation for the kissing scene so kkkk ! I can't wait for that one ! I've being watching on loop the ending scene of episode 9 since Tuesday, I want to know what happens next. I think he will either stop and say something like "Gwencha? It's out now, I think we should go to our room. Good night!" Or a call ! Chan is going to call them, but then I don't think they have their phone on them so we can say that is a no. Soooo either Gong or SeoRi will feel awkward and will try to interrupt themselves ! 

21 hours ago, poeza said:

well you should watch "temperature of love" then. I fell for his eyes and voice :wub:

Wiki said that he has Canada Nationality, but need confirmation here because its wiki. What I am really surprised was that he is sooo thin compare to "five enough". But I guess it is necessary to make him look like a high school student and a cute one :D. Lucky he got so much love from this drama and canceled the other one. I can't imagine him going back and forth with that condition.

temperature of love" does not seem to have good reviews is this show good?

17 hours ago, stuartjmz said:

Why should that be strange? They're actors, and they're at different stages of both life and career.  Great onscreen chemistry is a reflection of actors doing their job well. For example A Love So Beautiful featured an awesome OTP, but it turns out there was DEFINITELY no extension of that offscreen. Actors fake it for a living, projecting onscreen OTPs into offscreen interactions is, quite frankly, silly. 

A love so beautiful bad bts was mostly due to the leading male being a idiot we now know ;p if you watch meteor garden BTS you can totally see bts chemistry ;p 

On 8/21/2018 at 11:00 PM, meechuttso said:

He's probably her father and she is a daughter who had run away from everyone in her life?

My theory I'm pretty confident about is that her husband is the other person who died in the bus accident? Or he died in general. And she either gave the baby up for adoption or she lost the baby in a miscarriage? And she felt shame about it and left? That lady could be her sister in law and the older man in the wheelchair her father in law? And they were worried about her and missed her? 

The woman seemed tentative about asking her if she'd gotten married, so she might be wondering. My theory works just as well for a father and sister I think. 

I'm super sure we were supposed to get more clues if not the whole story in episode 10 but....sports ruined it. 

On ‎8‎/‎24‎/‎2018 at 2:08 AM, stuartjmz said:

Why should that be strange? They're actors, and they're at different stages of both life and career.  Great onscreen chemistry is a reflection of actors doing their job well. For example A Love So Beautiful featured an awesome OTP, but it turns out there was DEFINITELY no extension of that offscreen. Actors fake it for a living, projecting onscreen OTPs into offscreen interactions is, quite frankly, silly. 

This for the win. While some off screen couples do meet while filming together, that is the exception rather than the rule. I have read articles where co-stars hang out with each other off set while filming to help develop chemistry. The eat together, run errands and have the dressing rooms and make up desks next to each other on filming days. However, once filming is over with, they go right back to their normal lives as if nothing happened. It's their job and how they make a living. That's not to say they don't keep in touch as acquaintances afterwards but to them they were doing their job nothing more.

It is the viewing public that project their romantic fantasies on their favorite stars.

9 hours ago, Ni Wen said:

I'm actually wondering how many episodes are there? Some sites says 16 and some says 20. :blink:

It's 20 as far as I've heard and based on the pace of the story so far we're about at the halfway point soon, not 5/8 of the way done. 

22 minutes ago, mademoisellesia said:

Namu Wiki and DramaFever state 32 episodes (or 16). DramaWiki, AsianWiki and Wikipedia are 40 episodes (or 20). Hence the uncertainty and confusion.

Yes that's why I'm not so sure if its 16 or 20. Hmmm I guess we just have to wait and see...

34 minutes ago, mademoisellesia said:

Namu Wiki and DramaFever state 32 episodes (or 16). DramaWiki, AsianWiki and Wikipedia are 40 episodes (or 20). Hence the uncertainty and confusion.

P.S. Naver, Daum or Nate indicated nothing for many current on air dramas, but Naver states clearly 24 episodes for Mr Sunshine.

That’s really weird. Shouldn’t DramaFever get the right informations? With this pace it looks more like 20 episodes to me but who knows...

But we really need to get a story moving, even though I like this show very much I think it’s high time for something to happen now. 

1 hour ago, stuartjmz said:

According to WJW's fan co-ordinator, who chats with her at least every other day, The final episode is currently scheduled to air on September the 18th

Which means it's 16.

But the story development doesn't seems to go in the direction of a 16 episoder :blink:

22 minutes ago, stuartjmz said:

Yep. I have a feeling it may have been scheduled as a 20 episode Drama and been quietly cut. Leaving side characters in limbo, only partly developed, and quite possibly the main stories rushed

I guess so too. It's a pity because the story has been going well so far  though its been slow... but to rush all the undeveloped stories and unsolved  mysteries which has NONE been revealed yet is such a waste.  If it had been meant to be 16, the pace should have gone faster and the mysteries and identities should be at least revealed by now since its already been 9 episodes gone. But till to date, the main leads haven't even discovered each other, and the doctor friend, the aunt and uncle, Jennifer... all left hanging, and I feel it feels more reasonable heading for 20 episodes with the kind of pace they have right now. I hope they don't rush everything with just 7 episodes left and spoil the flow of the drama which have been so far so good. I don't have a good feeling about it though. 

I think the pace will quicken now that WJ is aware of his feelings. I think SR will still be left in the dark (But believable since she has been in a coma and her teenage years and young adult life had passed her by)

We still need to know:

1. Jennifer's mystery

2. SR's Aunt and Uncle

3. how WJ will react when he finds out who she is

4. Chan's love for Mr Gong may trump his crush on SR

5. Doctor Doctor - where art thou?

2 hours ago, stuartjmz said:

Yep. I have a feeling it may have been scheduled as a 20 episode Drama and been quietly cut. Leaving side characters in limbo, only partly developed, and quite possibly the main stories rushed

I'm pretty worried now then, since they cut the number of episodes pretty late in the game it seems. The story progression lines up with a 20 episode drama very well, I'm wondering when the change happened in production. And I'm also worried about the story now, the writer needs to pick up the pace and quickly. Seo Ri needs to get some closure with her violin playing beyond just practicing, she needs to find her family, get her footing financially, Jennifer has her whole mystery that's unwrapping, poor Chan is only just starting in the midst of his heartbreak, Seo Ri's doctor friend hasn't been around, and of course the BIG one with the case of neither of them knowing the other's identity. That emotional climax (to be done right) needs at least a whole episode to itself for proper resolution in my opinion. 

It can be done, I don't think it's doomed but I worry that the drama will suddenly lose the quiet moments that made the show special and suddenly rush to complete these stories. Or it'll just drop some and we feel unfulfilled. They need to manage their time very well from here on. 

On 8/23/2018 at 6:29 PM, aisling said:

I doubt they will address each other by name, though I always chuckle when she calls him like that. Especially when Yang Se Jong looks no older than 23. He’d pass as a university student. He looks really young with his cute cheeks. :wub:

@YourHighness . We have 11 episodes left, that’s why they’re dragging story so much and there are many fakeouts.

Is it really 20 or 16? If its 20, the slow character progressions, and HT being kept on the back burner makes sense. He is only a threat to WJ if WJ is fully committed to the relationship when he enters. That's when WJ's guilt will act up and he will try to be a noble idiot. Same with TR turning evil. With 11 episodes, she may do some actual damage to SR and her career but if its just 16 then she turning evil will be useless.

BTW the show is first in ratings, the channel won't halve its episodes unless those episodes were originally planned.

Archived