[Drama 2018] Thirty But Seventeen, 서른이지만열일곱입니다

meechuttso

• Replies 2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
22 minutes ago, Dramanoona said:

Speaking of which....I do miss the doctor friend. He has been missing in action so when is he actually going to participate in the drama?

Exactly what I was wondering. His character has so much potential, I don't know why he is so under used.

And TBH, I think TR's role is useless to the story. With barely 5 episodes left, just how much damage can she do to SR? SR's coma and her dulled skills should have been enough of a road block for her fight to achieve career excellence like she promised her mom. TR was not needed, IMO.

22 hours ago, Dramanoona said:

i am imagining there are multiple runs because there would be multiple takes.

i had the same thought and i was worried abt these 2 also that they had to run a lot to make this scene come out perfect.

so many different angles and camera placement must hav caused many takes and a lot of running from both...

6 hours ago, Ni Wen said:

I think there has to be some connection there. In kdrama, there must be a reason why Chan is the one who saved the child and almost met with Seori's aunt. 

obviously yes... lol

how come we can hav so many characters scattered all around and not meeting..kdrama land is not that big i guess... 

2 hours ago, YourHighness . said:

SR-yah..can you please stop calling WJ as Ahjusshi? It's giving me the creeps.:crazy:

I doubt they will address each other by name, though I always chuckle when she calls him like that. Especially when Yang Se Jong looks no older than 23. He’d pass as a university student. He looks really young with his cute cheeks. :wub:

@YourHighness . We have 11 episodes left, that’s why they’re dragging story so much and there are many fakeouts.

54 minutes ago, KdramaSwimmer said:

how come we can hav so many characters scattered all around and not meeting..kdrama land is not that big i guess... 

I agree!! I think Jennifer has some sort of connection with the Doctor friend, and others. After she injured her back in Karate class, she sent SR to clean his apartment, she knocked over a picture of the Dr and family. SR and the Doctor almost crossed paths there, and he had a flashback about SR and her mismatched shoes. Shouldn’t she have met him first? Chan’s Mother hadn’t met her before though. Maybe hired through an agency? 

The Doctor and TR do seem expendable now, but I’m sure they will add to the story in the second half.

SR aunt, wasn’t she visibly upset at the hospital during the crash scenes and asked Uncle why he wasn’t there? It was a brief scene, but maybe he never returned from Japan or where ever he was, or the strain of it all caused them to separate.

I would think that SR would start to look for her friends from school and the neighborhood. I think they addressed her friend who was killed in the crash. SR asked about her in the Nursing Home, and the nurse kept avoiding the issue, I think was supposed to tell her but never did tell her, but then SR planned her escape, and it wasn’t followed up by SR.

Jennifer looks so lovingly at the “kids”, (adults) in the house at times, to me it is beautiful and also sort of heartbreaking. I think Jennifer holds the key to some of these stories.

i agree there is plenty of time left for angst and pointlessness, hopefully it won’t ride off the rails for long. 

I am loving this sweet, innocent coming of age (finally at 30!) Drama.

40 minutes ago, chardonnay said:

SR aunt, wasn’t she visibly upset at the hospital during the crash scenes and asked Uncle why he wasn’t there? It was a brief scene, but maybe he never returned from Japan or where ever he was, or the strain of it all caused them to separate.

I'm thinking the uncle was having an affair. We also had a scene where the young SR was talking to her aunt on the phone and told her she saw the uncle driving down the road in Seoul when he was supposed to be in Japan.

We now know the aunt has a young child and owns a flower shop. I'm thinking there was a divorce and the aunt remarried. I also think, she may be the one who was secretly paying SR's hospital bills. The uncle is probably in the wind somewhere.

12 hours ago, mademoisellesia said:

Just wanna add another speculation... when I saw Seo Ri's aunt admitting being a mother to the drowning boy, my initial thought was: "Could this boy be Jennifer's son?" If the boy is, then this would tie Jennifer to the main characters and their story, and not just a randomly added side-character that serve no purpose. We'll probably find out next week if she's moaning for the man or the baby, or both. 

This is a good idea.  I was thinking that the child was a girl because of the ballerina.  But, the music box could be a gift (bought on their trip to Germany) from the aunt to Jennifer upon adoption of her child.  However, I think the boy looks too young.  Also, wouldn't that mean that Jennifer would know something about the aunt and uncle?

I have no good guesses for the aunt and uncle.  From appearances, they were loving and caring guardians for Seo-ri.  What happened for them to abandon her?  Is there another giant misunderstanding and they believe that Seo-ri died?

There's still a lot of time for the many loose ends to come together.  My worst fear is that they will pull a Wizard of Oz and we will have Seo-ri wake up to find it was all a dream. :mellow:

9 hours ago, aisling said:

@mademoisellesia

I think “bedroom eyes” is still a very subtle word. The way he looked at her was like he wanted to eat her up :D Or as one DB user chose to word it:

Reveal hidden contents

:Dhahaahaha I can't !!! I never watched his drama but I find his eyes very expressive ! Great acting so far ! 

MIND BLOWN!!!

200w.gif

I just found out Ahn Hyo Seop, who plays our precious airhead Chan, is actually fluent in English in real life!!! He lived and studied in Canada for some time  :open_mouth: 

This makes his “Don’t think, fil” even more endearing because he’s faking that Korean accent really well! You can catch him speaking English at the beginning of this video.

Just caught up on this show and im getting so damn annoyed at all the damn things who kept stopping their first kiss..

I love the couple im sad for Chan but i love the OTP so much they have good chemistry, i love the humor of this show and Jennifer is the best character.

I hate the jealous red haired violinist like really your still jealous after 13 years? 

7 hours ago, BlueNotes said:

:Dhahaahaha I can't !!! I never watched his drama but I find his eyes very expressive ! Great acting so far ! 

well you should watch "temperature of love" then. I fell for his eyes and voice :wub:

6 hours ago, aisling said:

I just found out Ahn Hyo Seop, who plays our precious airhead Chan, is actually fluent in English in real life!!! He lived and studied in Canada for some time  :open_mouth: 

Wiki said that he has Canada Nationality, but need confirmation here because its wiki. What I am really surprised was that he is sooo thin compare to "five enough". But I guess it is necessary to make him look like a high school student and a cute one :D. Lucky he got so much love from this drama and canceled the other one. I can't imagine him going back and forth with that condition.

The latest BTS isn’t enough! I need BTS to that moth scene!!! 

Does anybody else think YSJ and SHS are very comfortable around each other in BTS? Even though I love our OTP and I think they have amazing chemistry onscreen, strangely I don’t feel the same vibe when I watch them in BTS. They feel like they’re more comfortable friends in real life.

21 hours ago, YourHighness . said:

SR-yah..can you please stop calling WJ as Ahjusshi? It's giving me the creeps

I want her to stop calling him it too but at this point it's like a nickname, she doesn't even speak formally to him anymore. So it's not that it creeps me out I just want that first MOMENT when she finally calls him by name and everyone is just giggly and happy because it will definitely go down like that. Or it'll be a really emotional moment and she just uses his name and it's touching or something. 

2 hours ago, aisling said:

The latest BTS isn’t enough! I need BTS to that moth scene!!! 

Does anybody else think YSJ and SHS are very comfortable around each other in BTS? Even though I love our OTP and I think they have amazing chemistry onscreen, strangely I don’t feel the same vibe when I watch them in BTS. They feel like they’re more comfortable friends in real life.

True! I think they have awesome chemistry on screen but I don't get the romantic vibe off-screen.  They look like really good friends in the BTS. I suppose we have to wait for more skinship onscreen to see if they can pull it off!

2 hours ago, Dramanoona said:

True! I think they have awesome chemistry on screen but I don't get the romantic vibe off-screen.  They look like really good friends in the BTS. I suppose we have to wait for more skinship onscreen to see if they can pull it off!

That’s what I’m saying. They make my heart flutter onscreen but they seem like old friends in the BTS. So far their “staring contest” was filled with tension... let’s see how they’ll pull off the first kiss. But that “moth” scene was really intense so I have high expectations for their kiss!  

Archived