[Drama 2018] Thirty But Seventeen, 서른이지만열일곱입니다

meechuttso

57 minutes ago, Ni Wen said:

Just watch the raw clips on IG. Its a cute episode.

I think I know this pd's style by now. Always like the otp to play the staring game then have the camera zoom closeup slowly to their eyes and their lips then boom something happen. :joy:

That’s a k-drama law! If they’re not ending the episode with a kiss, they’re not going through with it. This PD is trolling us so much :D My bet is on Seo Ri breaking their embrace and running off to her bedroom.

To be honest I’m glad they’re not going to kiss yet. I just saw episode 9 (17-18) and I don’t think Seo Ri is ready for that kiss. Even though she’s coping well with living as a 30 yo woman, she’s really inexperienced. Woo Jin shut himself off the world but he still developed “normally” like a normal man while she completely skipped that phase. She just woke up as a grown up woman but it looks like to me she doesn’t understand what her body is saying yet. She hasn’t realised she likes him romantically as a man yet. The way she speaks to him and freely saying things like she really admires him and that she wanted to see him... I think she likes and admires him as a person but she’s too inexperienced to realise that she’s physically attracted to him. So for me, it’ still not the right time for their kiss. The perfect scenario would be for her to make that move - she would be the one to initiate their kiss when she’ ready for it.

5_FA91_D61-7974-4426-8_ACC-_A23_B7413756

C2996_B96-_E4_AB-4_BF4-9950-65_ECFAFB9_F

This is the face of someone who’s more like curious and awkward.

• Replies 2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

images?q=tbn:ANd9GcSoD6f4UsQuawf-s9oJ85_miss+you++1.PNGimages?q=tbn:ANd9GcT9jfLaignCPbeDVdnNbXn

In so many ways it feels as if time within them both stood still.  By some miracle they found their way to each other again.  These feelings that are stirring and moving below the surface of their skin and easily through watching them we are feeling giddy and tingling as well LOL:w00t:

Yet it's in the sweetest and youthful kind of way no matter their ages, in their hearts everything they are experiencing is brand new.  So much so that they aren't even sure what it is yet.  I love the slow pace as well when it comes to the physical.  I think the mental and the heart need to have time to grasp it step by step.  It comes across tender and who doesn't remember just how your heart fluttered the first time.  Or for that matter how exciting everything was around you.  It's like something amazing getting a hold of you and it just doesn't let go...

SR's eyes are full of wonder and her heart is full of happiness in just being able to have someone to miss in the first place.   Not to mention others whom have in every way given her that sense of family, friends, warmth and comfort.  Love, she may not fully know what it means yet but she for sure is feeling happiness from her head to her toes...

AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAHHHHH ! WE WERE BLESSED WITH ALL THOSE MOMENTS BETWEEN OUR SHIP !!!! I did not breathe at the end of the episode, when they were in the kitchen ! Every moment was BOOM BOOM !!!!! KYAAAAAAAAAA :wub::wub::wub: Of course, I thought they were going to kiss so I just stopped the video everytime because I wasn't prepared and squeezing so much, but then yeah, if you think your ship is going to kiss and that the episode is almost over, then it won't happen hahhahaha !!

Chan-ahhhhhhh:tears:

Can't wait for the sub though to understand more about serious stuff ! 

10 hours ago, Mau_Cherry said:

I HATE SPORT - I HATE SPORT - I HATE SPORT

when its in the way of my Drama and it left me with that cliffhanger.....

I hate sport too ... ha ha.. but at the same time... it let us see them longer.  So many things are falling into place now one at a time.  I forgot to mention about "SR's aunt's" appearance last night after watching so many heart fluttering moments from our leads ha ha.  Hyolyn's voice "stay with me" is haunting me since last night ... and it is going to be till next episodes in another 6 days... sigh.  However, love last night's episodes... 

1 minute ago, Yongzura said:

I hate sport too ... ha ha.. but at the same time... it let us see them longer.  So many things are falling into places now one at a time.  I forgot to mention about "SR's aunt" last night after watching so many heart fluttering moment from our leads ha ha.  Hyolyn's voice "stay with me" is haunting me ... and it is going to be till next episodes in another 6 days... sigh.  However, love last night's episode... 

No - I don´t wish to have it longer - if that means that I have to stand heartbroken Chan for 3 or 4 weeks - no way. I am really in the middle of happy and sad... so sad for the hero of the day. Actually our OTP is so happy just with them - Chan dont get attention. Only his mother saw his wounded hands... but she left again. I just wish them to see that he is not fine at all... and he for sure works way to hard..

Yes - of course - just für the happy couple - I agree - I can need those heartwarming scenes week by week by week...

but what can I do... I need another Actress here!!! I need a wonderful girl for Chan.

16 minutes ago, Mau_Cherry said:

No - I don´t wish to have it longer - if that means that I have to stand heartbroken Chan for 3 or 4 weeks - no way. I am really in the middle of happy and sad... so sad for the hero of the day. Actually our OTP is so happy just with them - Chan dont get attention. Only his mother saw his wounded hands... but she left again. I just wish them to see that he is not fine at all... and he for sure works way to hard..

Agree to that too... and to see him fainted next week is also not a happy moment.   Hopefully the writer will provide some heartwarming scenes for him too.  We still have a long (hmm maybe not that long) way to go, right?

1 hour ago, BlueNotes said:

Can't wait for the sub though to understand more about serious stuff ! 

The nicest part of what was important in the episode requiring subs was when Seo-Ri had run after WooJin's sister to confess to her that she wasn't actually the house helper, WooJin had already told his sister that that was the case in the few short seconds of driving away from the house before they saw Seo-Ri running over and stopped.

So the writer keeps both of these lovers completely innocent and blameless. They may be awkward 30 year old virgins uncomfortable alone together without other people in the bustling house, but as the drama poster byline implies, awkwardness is their only vice.

20180822084525528ylaa.jpg I liked all the scenes with Jung Yu-Jin (not to be confused with Captain Eugene Choi)today. She's doing a great job in the her role. I hope she gets better parts in the future after this performance. I like how she repeatedly (but obviously affectionately) refers to WooJin as 'that punk' ( 그자식).

But my complete favorite was this scene, especially when he shouts across the street, "Not selling house!" and her feet suddenly stop, she stops from running away, only to cause her to turn and look about, now looking for the quickest way to run TO him because it's the single biggest act of kindness she has to be the most grateful for - because with the house is tied not only all her best of her past but also the present.:P

I also usually like this phase of the ship best, when they are not yet confirmed to one another consciously how exactly they feel about one another. So Woo-Jin is more free to do nice things, whether big or small, for her without worrying about how she might interpret it. But after the end of this episode they will both be so self-conscious and more awkward.:expressionless:

I also laughed when these 2 law abiding budding lovers couldn't just jump across the street in red light but had to meet while obeying traffic laws. Such a cute pair. :wub:

This episode was obscenely cute and heartfelt, as usual the show makes me feel warm and fuzzy inside. I'm glad we got to see even more of Seo Ri spreading her wings, getting to interact with more people from her past and have conversations about how she's feeling with different people. Just more Seo Ri it always makes for good tv! And her present to Woo Jin was the sweetest thing I melted. Her running to get to the bridge and him running alongside her was also very sweet!

Bets on what's going to interrupt that kiss I desperately want to happen. Will Chan call? With the matchmaker moth betray us? An earthquake? A sudden storm? What will it be folks? 

Speaking of Chan, I'm extremely worried. I hope he's okay. If we're luck it's just lack of sleep and nothing worse or potentially long lasting that causes him to pass out. I wish him good fortune in the future, a girl who can whole heartedly love him back, and success at all rowing competitions from here on. 

1 hour ago, philosophie said:

I don’t get why they can’t air episodes back to back if they need to miss a day cause of the games or some other occasion.

'Tis not for us mere mortal consumers of k-dramas to question the wisdom of the drama gods. 'Tis but for us to be grateful that they have pitied us enough to not with-hold both episodes from us this week. :tounge_xd:

2 or 3 new developments I want to see the forum discuss on in the now getting more interesting plot line.

1. Mystery woman in yellow shoes was cordial to Jennifer, but Jennifer questioned why she would want to see (and not go out of way to avoid) such a one as herself. Their dialog:

Mystery Lady: I didn't recognize you at first. You seem like a different person. There were students in uniforms going back and forth at the house, perchance have you married?

Jennifer: No

Mystery Lady: Still, since for the first time in a long while, getting to see you even like this, I am glad.

Jennifer: That's unexpected. One such as myself, you would not ever want to see again I had thought.  (Jennifer speaks in  honorifics throughout to the much younger lady, hinting that they are not close.)

They are meeting again presently when Chan is away on training camp and Seo-Ri and Woo-Jin are alone in the dark. Any conjectures to her and Jennifer's relationship?

a. She could be Jennifer's biological daughter ? Maybe. But not the baby she was carrying on the day of the accident. (Seo-Ri in the bus, episode 1) Jennifer may have gone 'insane' and run away and abandoned her daughter perhaps. Also honorifics would be highly unusual towards your daughter.

b. Jennifer had cheated on her husband and had an affair with this woman's father? Jennifer the home-wrecker, and mystery woman has forgiven her. But why would she be glad at all to see Jennifer?

c. Jennifer had a close relationship (non maternal) with the young lady but abandoned her or wronged her greatly, but she has returned to reconcile with her (since she deliberated over a few weeks each time visiting outside the house until she mustered the courage to call her by name at the end of episode 8).

d. INSERT YOUR ANSWER HERE.

2. Seo-Ri seems to think Woo-Jin's sister looked familiar. This is a good sign. Perhaps she was an intern or a resident in one of the hospitals nearby and had tended to Seo-Ri on a hospital visit?

3. Speaking of hospitals, Seo-Ri's aunt is the mother of the boy who nearly drowned if not for Chan's quick response and bravery. Who is the father of this boy?

The proverbial plot thickens until we can eat it with a fork.B):glasses:

EDIT . Forgot to add.

Mystery woman called her and said "I hope you can be there on That Day (꼭 without fail)."

From preview:

Jennifer is crying wearing black, and the old man in wheel chair says of her, "It is well. Since (she/you) have come, it is well."

He's probably her father and she is a daughter who had run away from everyone in her life?

18 minutes ago, meechuttso said:

2. Seo-Ri seems to think Woo-Jin's sister looked familiar. This is a good sign. Perhaps she was an intern or a resident in one of the hospitals nearby and had tended to Seo-Ri on a hospital visit?

I thought she's the one who gave seori the choc pie? Or did I remember wrongly. 

The rest of the answers I shall input after I watched the subbed episode :D

17 minutes ago, Ni Wen said:

I thought she's the one who gave seori the choc pie? Or did I remember wrongly. 

Choco pie was given to Seo-Ri by the homeless shelter food line lady who felt sorry for Seo-Ri when she ran out of food, not Woo-Jin's sister - she was in Africa at the time.

DlLCLgNUwAE0RSP.jpg

DlLCNL0UUAED_g3.jpg

Seo-Ri and her family. The prettiest one bottom middle isn't named Marilyn. It's Woo-Jin. :kiss_wink:

EDIT: But gasp! why is young man Chan giving the middle finger?? Passive aggressive show of jealous rage at his uncle? :naughty:

2 minutes ago, meechuttso said:

Choco pie was given to Seo-Ri by the homeless shelter food line lady who felt sorry for Seo-Ri when she ran out of food, not Woo-Jin's sister - she was in Africa at the time.

Okok I got it wrong :joy:

This clip was just 100% pure feel good every millisecond. And I didn't even mind the product placement - shoot, I might go buy a Note 9 for this remote shutter feature. :w00t: Jennifer's fleeting smile was just perfectly done, as was Woo-Jin's child-like smiles that betray his youthful self with each passing episode.:love: It was pure love!

1 hour ago, meechuttso said:

EDIT: But gasp! why is young man Chan giving the middle finger?? Passive aggressive show of jealous rage at his uncle? :naughty:

He's the kindest soul.  The other finger was hidden.... it's the peace sign... he he.. let's see if we can find the other pictures (well it's in the video)B)

Oh Note 9... no wonder ha ha... 

p.s As for the other interesting questions.... hmmm... I'll come back ..

That big smile as he sees her and runs to her. The near-kisses (I swear who wouldn't react to YSJ in such close proximity). And I love how it is more WJ who realises his feelings first. SR is more or less still an awkward teenager so she doesn't fully understand the feeling (I mean, sexual tension explained to a 17 year old?)

I think I will be gifing a lot of his smiling face.

I have to gush about 30 but 17 a little. I haven’t enjoyed a rom-com like this in ages! I used to love rom-coms (been watching k-dramas since 2009) but I’ve been watching mostly OCN dramas lately. Like 80 % of all dramas I’ve watched in past two years are thrillers, human dramas, investigation or legal shows (My Ahjussi, Misaeng, Forest of Secrets, Signal, Circle, Duel, Tunnel, Save Me, Life on Mars, Black, etc.).

0_B07_C8_E4-4012-43_D2-9_C03-170164_C951

The only drama that has potential to make my heart melt is “30 but 17” but I’m soooo afraid they’re going to mess up the second half. I actually didn’t like this writer’s previous drama She Was Pretty that much, so I’m genuinely surprised 30b17 works so well for me. I haven’t felt like this for a long time. I don’t know what exactly it is that makes me feel so warm and cozy while watching these beloved characters interact. If I were to compared it to recent Why Secretary Kim the funny thing is that despite PSJ and PMY’s sizzling chemistry I couldn’t connect to them emotionally. I enjoyed their skinships but when he told her he loved her I didn’t feel a thing. But 30b17 managed to make me feel like I was back in my teens and experiencing the first time I was infatuated with a boy. The build up to the last scene of episode 17-18 made my heart flutter. The music was beautiful, the way SHS played an insecure teenage girl who didn’t really know how to react at that moment, the way YSJ came to realise his attraction and wanted to act on it... 

Even when I knew they wouldn’t kiss I felt my heart beating loudly. Drama gods, please don’t ruin this drama for me! Let it be good till the end!

Archived