[Drama 2018] Thirty But Seventeen, 서른이지만열일곱입니다

meechuttso

Just now, Yongzura said:

It is funny right ..in a good way we know how WJ feels.  When the man said his son is a doctor, automatically I was wondering  "Is he our "missing" doctor?" but then when he mentioned his son is a doctor of a different field.. ha ha..  Well.... ..

I just hope doctor comes out soon to invoke more of Woojin's jealous mode. That will be fun hahaha! 

• Replies 2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Hahahaha, glad to see everyone is missing HT and want to see more of him in the show. The way the story is progressing, it looks like the show is still 20 episodes. There's too many open threads with too slow a pace for a 16 episodes show. Going to see the latest episode with subs but from the written update on dramamilk, it looks like TR's hatred for SR stems from her mother's love and acceptance. She maybe afraid that she will loose her mother's love and acceptance if SR becomes the best in the field and she is forgotten. Will write more about the episode after I am done watching it.

1 hour ago, stuartjmz said:

On the question of 16 or 20, does anyone know what Drama is following this one?  I have every reason to trust the finish date I was given for this Drama, the 18th of September (which would be 16 episodes), but if we have a start date for the next Drama, that would also add clarity to the episode count for this Drama 

Based on koreandrama.org, Broadcast period: 2018-July-23 to 2018-Oct-02.

And it has been updated because yesterday, I checked out this webside, the final episode  was still  on 09.25.2018 scheduled.

I saw the scene with the anonymous man as a confirmation that he was the one who caused the accident with the tires. We could see his clothes (worker) and his dirty hands as a clue that he is not a white collar employee. So he paid the bills because he felt guilty.

@aisling I have the impression that the festival will help WSR to find her friend KTH. Through the festival, KTH will discover her whereabouts. Moreover, I sense that through the festival the man who paid the bills will see that she has finally recovered. As for the aunt, I have the feeling that since she never visited WSR, she thought that WSR would never regain consciousness.

My theory is: The uncle could have died of illness. Since he met Jennifer (she was wearing funeral clothes), I think, he could have visited the hospital for himself. He died much later and since the aunt had huge debts, she decided to sell the house after the uncle's death. However, she wasn't allowed as WSR was not dead hence she sold the house after forging the documents (using WSR's seal f. ex.). Remember that the house got sold later (two years... and WSR was considered as an adult back then).  

Hmm.. so there will be 18 episodes? Calculating that if every week, the drama will air as usual and  will be uninterrupted (by sports).

3rd Sept - Ep 11

4th Sept - Ep 12

10th Sept - Ep 13

11th Sept - Ep 14

17 Sept - Ep 15

18th Sept - Ep 16

24th Sept - Ep 17

25th Sept - Ep 18

24th Sept and 25th Sept will be Chuseok - so again possible interruptions.

2 minutes ago, stuartjmz said:

There is a problem with the koreandrama.org listing though, because as Dramanoona showed, if it finishes on the 25th, it can't be "40 episodes" as currently listed on koreandrama.org. It would be 36, max.

I think @bebebisous33 meant it was last stated that the last episode is 25th before she checked back yesterday.  So final airing date is 2 Oct.

11 minutes ago, stuartjmz said:

There is a problem with the koreandrama.org listing though, because as Dramanoona showed, if it finishes on the 25th, it can't be "40 episodes" as currently listed on koreandrama.org. It would be 36, max.

You misunderstood me... the final episode in on October 2nd and not September 25th. Like I said, koreandrama.org has updated the date.

7 hours ago, aisling said:

Hide contents

His acting just gives me the shivers... This guy’s no joke! And he’s still considered as a rookie actor. ;)

For real some of the best acting ive seen lately.

I think it will end much later because i think more interruptions. 

1 hour ago, bebebisous33 said:

Based on koreandrama.org, Broadcast period: 2018-July-23 to 2018-Oct-02.

And it has been updated because yesterday, I checked out this webside, the final episode  was still  on 09.25.2018 scheduled.

I saw the scene with the anonymous man as a confirmation that he was the one who caused the accident with the tires. We could see his clothes (worker) and his dirty hands as a clue that he is not a white collar employee. So he paid the bills because he felt guilty.

@aisling I have the impression that the festival will help WSR to find her friend KTH. Through the festival, KTH will discover her whereabouts. Moreover, I sense that through the festival the man who paid the bills will see that she has finally recovered. As for the aunt, I have the feeling that since she never visited WSR, she thought that WSR would never regain consciousness.

My theory is: The uncle could have died of illness. Since he met Jennifer (she was wearing funeral clothes), I think, he could have visited the hospital for himself. He died much later and since the aunt had huge debts, she decided to sell the house after the uncle's death. However, she wasn't allowed as WSR was not dead hence she sold the house after forging the documents (using WSR's seal f. ex.). Remember that the house got sold later (two years... and WSR was considered as an adult back then).  

I actually think that man IS the uncle. Basically the uncle's company was going under during that time, then SR got into accident and that further put them into debt. He then sold the house and maybe aunt resented him for it and divorced him and now he is just a normal worker making ends meet while paying the hospital bills? 

1 hour ago, stuartjmz said:

I think koreandrama.org has it right! Thanks @bebebisous33 for the information! The drama is 20 episodes long and if it weren’t interrupted by Asian Games it would end in 25th of September.

However because of the interruption the show is delayed and last episode will be aired on 2nd October. Honestly with its slow pace it wouldn’t make sense for this drama to only have 16 episodes.

I feel sorry for the actor who plays that doctor friend. I wonder if he knew his screen time would be this limited. We haven’t seen him like for how long? 5-6 episodes?

1 hour ago, aisling said:

I think koreandrama.org has it right! Thanks @bebebisous33 for the information! The drama is 20 episodes long and if it weren’t interrupted by Asian Games it would end in 25th of September.

However because of the interruption the show is delayed and last episode will be aired on 2nd October. Honestly with its slow pace it wouldn’t make sense for this drama to only have 16 episodes.

I feel sorry for the actor who plays that doctor friend. I wonder if he knew his screen time would be this limited. We haven’t seen him like for how long? 5-6 episodes?

I agree with you and @stuartjmz that the doctor friend is underused. Honestly, I wished they would have used him more.

And to me, the mystery about WSR's identity is getting dragged. I mean, she has a picture of herself, when she was 17 years old... and I bet, WJ won't look at the picture (preview). Then WJ had paintings of her which she could have seen. Besides, there was this rabbit bell aso. WJ won't mention the name of the friend in front of her, he won't mention the bus accident... 

On 8/16/2018 at 3:04 AM, sleeplater said:

CRESCENDO

crescendo is a way for composers to indicate that a passage of music should gradually increase in loudness over time (opposite of a decrease in volume, which is described as a decrescendo). It is also used in non-musical contexts to describe any situation in which volume is increasing. (https://study.com/academy/lesson/crescendo-in-music-definition-notation-quiz.html)

The symbol is often refered to as a hairpin or a wedge. Italian. (cresc.) 

What i'm interested was the flashback scene of 17 yr old SR drawing the crescendo symbol in the bus. What did she see that sparked her to draw? just as we see the present her feeling her heart beating louder and faster as she looked at WJ. 

I'm entertaining the idea that 17 yr old SR noticed WJ back then. Else i'm reading too much into it LOL

I agree with this.  As SR is looking at WJ during the pool scene, we see a flashback of her on a bus making the crescendo symbol.  Most likely her as a young person having seen WJ while she was on the bus.  We also see SR have a recognition of Pororo on the bicycle, which sparks her memory of WJ's document holder.  I find it interesting that young SR taps young WJ on the shoulder to ask for directions.  The bus had several people on it.  My guess is that she was trying to start a conversation with him specifically and using the bus stop question as a lead in.

What I am hoping for is that the young SR was developing a crush on young WJ at the same time he was for her.It would be cute that they each had crushed on the other and then as adults, it blossoms into full love.

Just watched the subbed episode. So, it's just that Woojin's ptsd acted up.... Not that he remembered who Seori is. Oh gosh why are they taking this long! Yes, and I doubt he will see the photo next episode too. Im getting impatient waiting for them to find about each other, can Deokgu/Pang please do SOMETHING and help your two poor owners! They need a closure soon. I bet Woojin, after knowing the truth, is going to feel guilty for causing Seori's lost time like what the professor had told him and will escape and disappear again.

My guess of the mystery man is the uncle. End up Woojin's house have got 2 persons related to the accident that affected him so much, staying in his house. They all need to know the truth soon! 

P/s: WJ pulling SR by the sleeve and SR's reaction is just so adorable! 

Archived