[Drama 2018-2019] Memories of the Alhambra | Recuerdos de la Alhambra, 알함브라 궁전의 추억

Admin

Good evening, everyone!
I will take the time to read your comments from the previous 5 pages, but later, because it is late.
And I'm very interested in giving you my opinion, given my state of excitement after episodes 7 and 8.
It's very difficult, because in fact, I just have to say:
WAHOU!!!! I'm speechless!!!!! Totally on my richard simmons!!!!!
(end of my opinion ^^)

I feel a form of love for the scriptwriter Song Jae-Jung, and I thank her for coming to exist on this earth!
I hope I will have the opportunity to see all her future dramas before I die. (At the same time, it's not very nice, it forces her to die before me).

As I expected, it was not possible to predict how things would turn out.

As I don't have time to detail scenes and details, I focused on a particular quality of her writing.
She knows how to push the limit to the last end.

"Pushing the limit", I mean that when you see a scene as a spectator, you tend to anticipate a reasonable conclusion for that scene, but the writer will surprise you.

For example, if two lovers argue, and their relationship is very important to the story, it is anticipated that they will eventually reconcile. We can "push the limit" by preventing this reconciliation in an unexpected and surprising way for the spectator during the scene, and transfer it to the next scene. It's already a good story. But some writers like SJJ have the art of pushing the limit much further. (Example, in "W", when Kang Chul shoots Yoon-Jo.)

In MOA episode 5, there was this incredible scene that ended with the embrace of the two main characters in the rain (and I'll talk about it again when I have time, it's also another type of narrative process, very rare and very difficult to do.). Before this scene, SJJ had "pushed the limit", just as the countdown was expected to end in the hospital room.

In episode 7, she "pushes the limit" in the way JW is indifferent to HJ. It starts at the beginning of the episode, when he wants to erase "Emma", and other nasty things. We expected that his coldness was due to his forced escape... and not! (another surprise!)

There is the extremely intense scene where he will find her at her "Emma" shop in the evening, in the rain. Well, now, I admit, I shed a tear so hard it was. We expect their relationship (sentimental?) to start to warm up.
And then, on the other hand, JW never stops being a bastard, with the brother's fake emails. I noted the exquisite and unexpected passage where HJ told him that she understood that it was him and not her brother.

The limit will be pushed back throughout this confrontation in several stages, so that when JW goes by car at the end, and hangs up the phone in front of HJ (!!!!!!!), we finally accept it, and consider that it is definitely a cad that made her suffer from beginning to end. Well done, the limit has been pushed so far that at the last stage, we are definitivly so surprise that we think, ok, now we manage to live with it next time...
..... and at that moment his car stops, inviting JH to climb in..... Oo

richard simmons! richard simmons! SJJ is an incredible source of inspiration. So I watch her drama with passion, intensity and attention to detail, because maybe some of her talent will eventually become natural to me as well.

This is my first 7/8 intervention, always full of enthusiasm, be well, all of you!

• Like 9

I liked when JW said that he didnt give up on life, and that 

its the game thats crazy, and not him.

Smart and brave.

It is clear that he wont give up, not matter how hard it gets.

I dont know if its just me, but JW looks even more sexy, even with that cane. 

• Like 13

29 minutes ago, rocher22 said:

Ofcourse  that JW saw the difference between HJ and the

other two women.

HJs teras and care for him were honest.

JW can like HJ's tears all he want, but him saying Sujin's tears right after her husband's sudden death as excuses is just reaching. Yura's tears are fake so i get it but Sujin's tears were not for him, it was for her husband. So i dont really understand his comparison. Huhu

• Like 3

Aigoooo, Sesange!!!!,

Finally we will know soon our beloved EXO hide about.

SJ has not logged in for almost a year, he disappeared together with Marco.

My silly brain thought very silly.... very silly now, What if .... let say on the run Marco and poor SJ was chased by the Drug landlord. And Marco accidentally saying that SJ as the programmer got offered 10 million won.

So the bad people killed Marco (because he got no money) and the SeJoo got kidnapped by Italian drug dealer (NOT landlord).

And... in return, That drug dealer boss joined the game and kill CHS and chased JW! :unsure:

I know it doesn't make sense Hahaha. Oh I have to wait 7 days for the real answer. Aigoo....:D

• Like 3

1 hour ago, katakwasabi said:

JW can like HJ's tears all he want, but him saying Sujin's tears right after her husband's sudden death as excuses is just reaching. Yura's tears are fake so i get it but Sujin's tears were not for him, it was for her husband. So i dont really understand his comparison. Huhu

Ofcourse that JW doesnt like seeing HJs tears.

While he was looking at HJ from the train, he was simply surprised that

someone can be honestly worried about him.

• Like 7

15 hours ago, stroppyse said:

Well, the implication of JW's voiceover with the flashback scenes of YR and Su Jin was that YR's tears are fake and that Su Jin's tears were shed as excuses so that she could play a victim as well. The flashback of YR was of her "standing by her husband" press show. The flashback of Su Jin crying was before HS had died when Su Jin was being defensive towards JW about leaving him all those years ago and how she and HS had suffered as well rather than being happy while JW only suffered from their betrayal. So, I think JW's cynical perspective towards those women's tears were fine. And, made his appreciation of HJ's sincerity that much stronger.

Btw, it was so satisfying when JW had the photos of YR and the manager fooling around while YR was supposed to be in the US taking care of JW sent to YR's manager with the clear dictum that it was time to finish the divorce. I was like "boo-yah". I'm ready for JW to be a single man again. :D

Well said. 

Very nice explanation.

• Like 6

2 hours ago, stroppyse said:

The flashback of Su Jin crying was before HS had died when Su Jin was being defensive towards JW about leaving him all those years ago and how she and HS had suffered as well rather than being happy while JW only suffered from their betrayal. So, I think JW's cynical perspective towards those women's tears were fine. And, made his appreciation of HJ's sincerity that much stronger.

That flashback of Sujin's scene was after Cha died. It was when JW came to visit her after Cha's death.

I guess from JW's perspective, all the women around him before deceived him or at least made him feel betrayed. When not playing the game, JW doesnt really emote, even in front of HJ his emotions are not really shown, he says things in a robotic manner. So us viewers are free to percieve how he feels however we like until the writer decides for JW to show more emotion in front of a human being. 

Edit: actually JW has moments where he show emotion when he's not playing or being haunted by Cha --> whenever he is with MJ. He somehow lights up when he's with her. Their relationship is cute.

• Like 5

DRAMA: MEMORIES OF THE ALHAMBRA EP. 8

Original Article: [news1 korea] 'Memories Of The Alhambra' Park Shinhye Cries As Hyunbin Reveals Secret Behind The Hostel Purchase 

0003753473_001_20181223213546823.jpg?type=w540

Screen%2BShot%2B2018-12-23%2Bat%2B9.38.40%2BPM.png
1. +1267, -19 A close oppa is going to report it to the press... That's a little too much, that oppa's position is too vague 
2. +564, -14 I don't know why Go Yura's story matters;; Take it out
3.+441, -7 No matter how I see it, this drama is crazy... How could they make a drama like this.. I'm always shocked whenever I watch it. I respect how Korean dramas are developing..
4. +124, -2 Please that oppa that's like her own brother... He's an oppa that's 'like' her own brother, he's not even a part of her family and not her boyfriend too. Why do you keep butting in!!
5. +45, -1 Ah so fun.... Seriously the ending gave me a bit of goosebumps. Seriously fun
6.+33, -1 Wow..... Daebak ending... Crazy
7.+30, -1 Crazy drama... It's amazing seriously.. Gongbang oppa... Stop butting in and just go make guitars!!!!!!

Original Article: [osen] 'Memories Of The Alhambra' Hyunbin, To Park Shinhye "Chanyeol Is Alive, I Can Prove It"

0003925695_001_20181223222637447.jpg?type=w540

0003925695_002_20181223222637489.jpg?type=w540

0003925695_003_20181223222637510.jpg?type=w540

0003925695_004_20181223222637524.jpg?type=w540

Screen%2BShot%2B2018-12-23%2Bat%2B9.38.40%2BPM.png
1. +2204, -16 Seriously Hyunbin is getting handsomer day by day...
2. +921, -14 Wow Hyunbin's voice is so freaking sweet... Even when they fought he sounded sweetㅠㅠㅠㅠ How can I wait until next weekㅠㅠ
3.+491, -4 Now I 100% understand why Hyunbin chose Memories Of The Alhambra. Melo, thriller, action, these are all the characters that Hyunbin has played. It completely shows Hyunbin's charms. Conclusion: Please don't rest for a few years and film a drama right awayㅠㅠ
4.+275, -3 Hyunbin is so pitiful, that's why he looks so happy when he's with Minjoo
5. +182, -2 The story is really fresh
6.+52, -0 When Hyunbin-ie said "I miss you" my heart fluttered ㅜㅜㅡㅜ
7.+44, -0 Hyunbin's voice is crazy ,,,,,,,,,

• Like 7
  • Thanks 1

2 hours ago, katakwasabi said:

Hi. Jin Woo's voiceover said he's tired of seeing fake tears and tears filled with excuse. Fake tears were of Yura.  Soo Jin's tears were underlined by her excuse that Jin Woo's  caused Hyung Seok to drink all day leading to their unhappiness.  I think he meant Soo Jin cried and blamed Hyung Seok but didn't take accountability for her part in their less than perfect marriage.

4 hours ago, siddy09 said:

Allies can not be separated and I found it strange when the programmer could not change that when he could alter almost everything else. Why is that when it comes to real people, the game goes haywire and doesn't respond? Is it something related to human choice(zombie Cha chose to be JinWoo's enemy and Sec Soo chose to be his ally) whereas being Emma was not a owned/informed decision of HJ and that's why she could be deleted.

NPC can be deleted but Dr Cha was never programmed to be an NPC in the beginning. He was a player.  The program was never coded for his character, thus we can't just delete the code segment and thus, his character.  The game went crazy and turned a real player (Hyung Seok) into NPC.  Hyung Seok basically became a residue that cannot be removed in the game.  He has no code associated to his character and the game doesn't know he exists. Emma is a character programmed into the game so all the computer programmer has to do is delete the codes that make up her character. 

Real players are real people and not coded characters so there is no way you can delete the players.  Players play through if they win and get removed if they die.   Yes, it's interesting that alliance and loyalty are unbreakable.  If we assume Marco and Se Joo started as partners, friends and entered the game as alliance, why and how did that alliance dissolve so that one man is dead and the other one still alive?  Something happened at level 92 that broke off their bond.  Marco died in real life and Se Joo moved on but stuck there for over 1 year.  If we think Marco became zombie NPC in AR and attacked Se Joo, it meant they never did form an alliance cause they are now enemy.   Also, the alliance bond could mean Se Joo can never break free from Marco NPC.

I'm also curious at who is at level 48 below Zinu?  He's the only one with a name and not a tester ID.  Is that City Hunter (sorry @stroppyse, could you please help with translation if possible at all)?  If is, he's playing on his own without shadowing and partnering with Jin Woo whether for fun or practice.  He's getting addicted to the game too.

Screenshot 2018-12-23 17.13.12

1 hour ago, stroppyse said:

I think HJ is aware that JW is probably able to do much more than she could, even though I totally understand her need to do something, anything rather than just sitting back and letting others try to find SJ. I'm looking forward to further interactions between JW and HJ, especially after they team up. One question in my mind is whether HJ will enter the game. We've seen that JW doesn't want Park to enter the game since he might not be able to leave. I can't imagine JW will be willing for HJ to risk being in the game, however, there might be circumstances where only HJ, potentially as a stand in for the deleted in-game Emma, can do.

One final thought, I'm actually loving how much like a film each episode is rather than a tv drama. The shots, the acting, the sets, the cinematography, it's all so beautifully done. I had some doubts about the plotting based on the writer's previous works, but I think this drama is unfolding in a measured kind of way, with enough reveal to keep us engaged even as it ratchets up the tension and the pacing. This week's episode felt a bit like a calm before the storm.  I'm looking forward to where the next episode will go.

Hi.  You finally caught up :)  Binnie and PSH have never looked better.  The lighting is fantastic, the makeup is great for the close up.  Pretty people.  PD is pulling his angle shots and play on shadow and light like he did in SF. 

Emma was a player in Granada that Jin Woo couldn't converse until he leveled up.  Now that he is qualified to get the message to direct him back to Granada, I think he would need Hee Joo to subs for Emma.  Whether Emma holds the key for him to advance to the next level or she has the power to reach Se Joo, Jin Woo would have to make the difficult decision of allowing another player into the game.  Emma was a NPC so she is not threatened or hunted down by players.  If Hee Joo enters the game, it would be as player... so she only has 2 choices: form an alliance with another existing player or be declared an enemy. I don't think Jin Woo has any other choice but make her into his permanent ally.

BTW, the program has reverted back to its medieval origin, the knights, the sword.  What is the meaning of this regression?

Screenshot 2018-12-23 17.22.53

• Like 8

15 minutes ago, bedifferent said:

BTW, the program has reverted back to its medieval origin, the knights, the sword.  What is the meaning of this regression?

Hehe. This is why i thought the game realms had merged when watching the episode live. I thought now he can travel between different locations within the game without physically going to the exact location. 

But after watching with subs, my thoughts were completely wrong. So i too wonder the meaning of the regression. From full on modern weaponary to swords and knights. 

The game is weird. Is it open sourced so anyone can change the code. It doesnt seem like JW's company remade the game since master and marco are still the top players. If they remade it from scratch, the top players should not have both marco and master.

• Like 4
  • Confused 1