Quantcast
LyraYoo

[Drama 2018-2019] Memories of the Alhambra | Recuerdos de la Alhambra, 알함브라 궁전의 추억

Eventhough that was a regular scene, I liked it.

When HJ was standing on the balcony of that apartment, and

watched as JW was leaving with the taxi.

And then she was watching as the train was leaving again.

She was a bit late, and ofcourse the tears came as sign of

disappointment.

• Like 8

40 minutes ago, packmule3 said:

That’s why in their next meeting in the bathroom, JW was left unscathed. HS couldn't attack because the shower stall door was closed. JW KNEW that. Hence, he was hiding in shower stall. :D

Smarty pants Jinwoo :D His assistant be like...my boss gone nuts again :crazy: I missed silly boss/ asst combo like arguing between them who can charm Heejoo. :lol:

HS didn’t disappear because he was moved by JW’s speech. He disappeared because the game was delayed after the 60 seconds pause.

Right. NPC Hyungsuk is incapable of opening the door as well as having emotion. Seriously, Park Hoon rocks the poker face :scream: and he's very successful terrorizing Jinwoo and viewers :P  

A year later, he was still the one opening the door to trouble aboard the train. 

No more hiding but confronts fear and danger rather. 

• Like 7

@DOCDOC @NileRose

Erm... if you think I was disrespectful or critical in my comments about PSH or her character you have seriously misunderstood what I've said completely. :blink: If anything, I was quite complimentary. I like the character and happy that she struck gold so early on in the show with the ten billion won. Moreover I think that PSH does really well with portraying her. Just because I haven't liked her other stuff in the past doesn't mean I don't like what her character does here. 

A foil is a literary term meaning a character that brings out qualities in another character. I'm not sure what I've said there is inaccurate about HJ. HJ does play off nicely against JW, her innocence, warmth is a contrast to his world weary cynicism. With her, he's learning to behave a lot better.

I've been on these forums for a few years now and I believe my reputation speaks for itself. If anyone thinks that I only post on a thread just to insult actors, it's a huge misapprehension of my track record on Soompi. And if anyone thinks that I wrote that post just to insult PSH... all I can think is... that they didn't read the rest of what I wrote.

I don't really want a fight on the forums so if you have anything further you'd like to say please PM me.

2 hours ago, enigmatic_zephy said:

who else thinks this is a game from the very beginning?

like the whole thing

Spoiler

That's generally my suspicion. A game within a game.

• Like 9
  • Thanks 1

21 hours ago, stargazer187 said:

I agreed. And this professor seems suspicious. Since the actor SUS keeps playing evil roles so here I can't think him other than he's plotting to  revenge later. Like he might realize something went off and JW is no longer to be his favorite. He just makes me anxious. 

I like their scenes tho even it's sad for JW. Idk I just love seeing HB acting melo like this. It reminds me how great his acting in his old movie 'A Millionaire's First Love'. The way JW responds coldy to HJ's phone call. "I'm not okay. Will you come here again if I say so? No, you don't have to come" Clearly describes his true feeling which he hides from her. It breaks my heart when he was alone in that house. The sad look in his eyes.. gahhh... I want ep 7 now!! 

That guy is creepy and don't even ask how scary he was in w2w WITHOUT a face...now he has a face, so that's even more disturbing. But then I am thinking what damage he can inflict to JW, when he already has enough miseries in life? I mean a rogue game, psychological condition as well as a limping leg and then his solitude. Do we need another villain at this stage?Isn't the villain quota already fulfilled? 

Or I have a feeling that he already knows about whatever happened to his son and also about the game. He is somehow orchestrating the entire thing including CHS death...I know its far fetched but this happened in W so it can happen here also..

bold

I agree! I think we kind of overlook that not only HJ but JW is also going through a whirlwind of emotions. It's not easy being alone and also not accepting that I don't I want to be alone. I suppose more than zombie Cha, JW is scared of 'hurting' or rather losing another woman that's why he keeps on saying 'stay away' with a red flag. Though there is a contradiction between his words and actions; when HJ's sister calls him Master of Charm, she wasn't referring towards his words,rather his actions which he was unconsciously doing to attract HJ.

PS. Can we expect a kiss in ep7 or is it still too soon..??:rolleyes:

• Like 6

13 hours ago, PororoQueen said:

I's hard to digest that as a father, Prof. Cha would just let the autopsy (for his own son) slide away just because he wants to protect his company or protect the image of JW.

It's hard to accept the concept of 3rd party involvement in the AR game (like sabotaging the other player) can kill a person. I mean, virtually fighting in the game... your character can die but your not your body, right?? - :unsure: Yet, physically SeJoo's body disappear?

Just because Kdrama can be full of surprises - I want to suspect CHS's wife - SuJin. There are scenes where SJ cries in front of her father in law/ in front of JW or while CHS and SJ fight - throwing wine on the wall - Even when CHS questioned her about the accidental meeting of SJ and JW, SuJin got too emotional . Is SJ under stress with JW during her first marriage or CHS also abuse her emotionally? Pregnancy blues? Does SJ hate JW? We don't know the real reason SJ left JW for CHS .

Did something happened before the duel CHS with SJ. Could SuJin followed CHS that night ... or her subordinate or ....Marco physically came after the duel?

I'm still thinking about Overdose/Poisoning tho.

* Only Park Sun Ho believes that JW some kind of guilty of CHS death after witnessing JW's threat towards CHS.

But,.... if this drama is about an AR game, or W type of fantasy drama,  I have to wait for the return of SeJoo's Factor X or Mr X villain explanation patiently.

I am kind of giving the father some benefit of doubt because primarily I don't want any more villains in the show but yeah as you have said, that guy is suspicious and not conducting an autopsy or rather forcing his DIL to also not demand for one does ring some bells!

About SJ's disappearance..I am still convinced that he is not dead..because if he is dead then where is the body?? This is a fantasy drama and now borderline supernatural..lol.. I will give the writer complete chance to explain things, though I am warning not to be surprised if the explanations don't go the normal, logical way and end up being more abstract than concrete..

About SuJi..well it takes two to tango! If CHS wanted to avenge JW by having a fling with his wife, then SuJin must have also responded. Although, both CHS and SuJin did seem to have a blissful marriage(they were about to have a baby), so I doubt that CHS was abusive. I suppose if any thing that has to be blamed for their anguish, is the 'cut-throat-rivalry'. Maybe JW was not able to give her enough time while trying to bring CHS down. But I don't believe that JW is a bad husband..the second wife is a proof of that. 

Yes, he was suspicious but can he speak against his boss?? 

@NileRose @DOCDOC I think you have misunderstood @40somethingahjumma comments. She was actually appreciating HJ and PSH's character.:)

• Like 5

Kinda looking forward to ep 7. Eventhough i was not much a fan of ep 5 and 6 haha.

Hopefully ep 7 will shine more light on the game, SJ's whereabouts and JW's last relationships with zombie cha and his ex wives :D

3 hours ago, enigmatic_zephy said:

who else thinks this is a game from the very beginning?

like the whole thing

I think the whole thing is a game too. A very complex one with so many characters :sweatingbullets:

I'm on the camp that zombie cha is actually nice other than his rivalry with JW. I don't think JW was all that innocent in both his marriages. Maybe JW was so emotionally detached in their relationship? Who knows. I still remember the scene where Sujin was so angry at JW right after Cha died, as if she was blaming him. Unless shown otherwise, i dont think Sujin had an affair, cha was just a friend who was always there when needed. And they end up getting married after her divorce. 

I can be completely wrong here, since theres so little backstory to build upon in MotA as of ep 6 hahaha

------------------------------

On the other hand....reminder to all, myself included:

Let us respect each others opinion and carefully read thru comments before jumping to conclusions. And let's try to maintain the discussions focused on the drama and its characters~

Please avoid putting negative adjectives to other people even if its in virtual format like this forum. It is not nice. Theres really no need to put down others just because their opinion does not meet your views. 

:blush:

• Like 5

That was  a beautiful shot.

When JW, though the train window, saw HJ entering the station.

I thought in that in one moment, JW will sit on the opposite seat.

Maybe then  HJ would see him.

But he didnt do that.

• Like 5

2 hours ago, katakwasabi said:

Let us respect each others opinion and carefully read thru comments before jumping to conclusions. And let's try to maintain the discussions focused on the drama and its characters~

Please avoid putting negative adjectives to other people even if its in virtual format like this forum. It is not nice. Theres really no need to put down others just because their opinion does not meet your views

Just like you said..don't put down others. I hope don't put down other actor or actress too. I don't like conflict either. I already read carefully, I don't misunderstanding. I do hope later please avoid  putting negative adjectives  to other actor or actress who act and work hard too in the MOA. Please respect them their hard work. 

The casts n the crews work 8 months just for 16 episodes. They are working so hard. Let's appreciate their hard work. 

• Like 2

15 hours ago, DOCDOC said:

you seem so happy with this? you come here just to especially to make this comment, right? you terrible person. 

I know you are not her fan. but can you respect her? she a person. not somekind object. I don't like you use word " nice foil" for her. Please learn to respect a personm And respect & appreciate her hard work. 

lol. i hope you understand the use of "nice foil".. you are the one being rude here

• Like 2
  • Sad 1

3 hours ago, DOCDOC said:

Just like you said..don't put down others. I hope don't put down other actor or actress too. I don't like conflict either. I already read carefully, I don't misunderstanding. I do hope later please avoid  putting negative adjectives  to other actor or actress who act and work hard too in the MOA. Please respect them their hard work. 

The casts n the crews work 8 months just for 16 episodes. They are working so hard. Let's appreciate their hard work. 

You know right everyone works very very hard for everything.. and consumerism is successful for a reason!

When relationship is based on give and take, you have all the right to criticize and express contempt..

And here, despite everything, basic fact is, it is a buyer-seller relationship.

The team's job is to make the drama ensuring people paying for it get value of their money. And buyer has to know that if he chose to buy the product (and then watch) they can criticize in the realm of what buyer promised to offer (if they were selling action, told you, and then you crib about missing romance then onus is on the buyer)

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

Hey guys chill, let us all go for one thing that everybody want.. RESPECT. Apparently there has been a miscomm but its envitable since we came from diff place, age bracket, etc. But all of us need to respect what others posting anyway there's always that button that we can always use to send our feels. 

This is supposed to be the drama thread and I am happy to read smart, nerdy, out of this world analysis of episodes. I mean we shld be all happy that after watching a good epi people will share post that somehow clarifies confusing info (non gamers be like :rolleyes:). 

Just want to share my thing since last 2 pages do have some unhappy vibes in it and we do not need it after all its the weekend and holiday is coming!

Peace outB)

• Like 3

Some viewers pay for to watch dramas legally, some pay for wifi and mobile data. Most importantly viewers spend valuable time watching. With more viewers, the value of the drama also increases. Thus, in my opinion, viewers have a right to criticize a drama, its production and also its cast. Just dont go overboard with critics. 

I myself have my own opinions abou MotA. Up to ep 6, i feel that the drama is slowing down. Ep 5 and 6 were literally the same thing stretched out in 2 episodes. I'm also not much of a HJ fan.. Maybe she'll grow on me. Though I do like some of her outfit choice ^_^ but for now, i'm staying for the game and JW's background. I need more info on his relationship with Cha and his ex wives.

:smile:

• Like 5