[Drama 2018-2019] Memories of the Alhambra | Recuerdos de la Alhambra, 알함브라 궁전의 추억

Admin

8 minutes ago, martanur said:

I think this is right... What happened to Ji Woo will be happened to Se Joo as well.

:D:D I am not finished watching ep 7 yet. I am pausing it because I remember your words, dear. So I open this forum. You gave me a spoiler :P :bawling: 

See you later, chingu. 

oh.. sry.. i thought yu finished it

• Like 3

I think rating wise.. the team (cast, creatives) knows that they are in good/safe place thats why even if audience needs to see romantic devt that I also believe can give more % they dont want to rush on otp leveling up - I mean they do not need to add up to other issue that we all need to analyze :D. So the relationship of JW and HJ is the nearest thing to reality devt wise.

• Like 6
  • Confused 1

Just watched episode 7. Confused at some aspects still but I thought Jin Woo’s transformation was most noticeable in this one.

Jin Woo’s dilemma is several fold. When he was at the lower levels, he is gripped with fear, uncertainties while burdened with having to fight his enemies continuously, include zombie NPC Hyun Seok.  The music, the thunder, all sent him into anxiety and panic attacks.  Poor Hyun Seok, who died before he was logged out, is forever cursed to defeat Jin Woo so he can advance to the next level.  Knowing this, Jin Woo figured the best way to cure his anxiety and fear is to shift the advantage with more advanced weapons.  Even better, somehow possibly avoid direct combat with Hyun Seok by getting his hand on weapons that can kill from a distance like guns.  Thus, he asked his programmer to develop a safe room where he can farm players to level up quickly.  Along the way to level 50, Jin Woo’s psyche and mentality changed.  He became a killing machine ironically in the game as well as in real life.  For Jin Woo, the game once again bleed into reality.  His playing has altered his personality and he is no longer the warm charismatic CEO he once was.  He lost all sensations and feelings in real life. The drugs that once effective as sedatives are now like candies.  He’s no longer buzzed out from the alcohol.   Everything is dulled and muted, including the fear and hurt of killing Hyun Seok.  Jin Woo succeeded in controlling and defeating Hyun Seok in AR but at the cost of his sanity and psyche.  He is a changed man.  There’s coldness, ruthlessness, weariness about him that is polar opposite of the person he once was.  

Yes, I agree that Jin Woo’s problem is that he is still unsure if Hyung Seok died from his sword while playing.  It is because of this unsolved mystery that Jin Woo refused to let Hyung Seok defeat him and perhaps, get out of his life.  However, Jin Woo is above Hyun Seok so much level wise that he will continue to see Dr Cha levels after levels.  The only way I see Jin Woo can stop seeing Dr Cha is if he level down below Hyun Seok, which means he must suffer defeat by the dead man.  And Jin Woo doesn’t want to die ever.  LOL the dilemma is real anc catch-22.  

I also think Jin Woo wants to continue winning so he can get out of the game.  At this point, he is not sure if Se Joo is in the game.  Once he finds out, he really would want to continue playing to meet him.  

• Like 8

I know that the pacing seems slow but I think in order to feel compassionate about HB and PSH and to be able to really understand what they may be going through- this pace is required. I don't think we'd be able to enjoy the romance of our OTPs without this one year leap- I mean HB is in a life threatening situation, he is going mental, it is NOT NORMAL to be in a situation he is in so he can't even share his dilemma openly- in these catastrophic circumstances if he fell head over heels for PSH that would have been ridiculous. Who cares about romance when you are dying/going insane.

Of course there was an attraction between him and PSH when they were in Granada, he got to see her trusting, innocent and giving nature and I think that is how it should be. Now back in Seoul since he has somewhat accepted this new reality, become accustomed to it, I think it's more appropriate for him to develop stronger romantic type feelings for PSH.

So yes while as a admirer of HB I would like for him romance PSH soon and be all lovey-dovey, but I also feel that the current pace of their potential love story fits the overall plot. So as long as the writer eventually capitalises on the chemistry between PSH and HB I think I will be willing to wait.

• Like 7

Hi I'm new to Soompi! I just can't help not discussing this wonderful drama :wub:

'm mulling over SJ's disappearance, though. We have this joke among K-pop fans, that whenever an idol is casted in a drama, they always end up dead. EXO ChanYeol died in Missing9, EXO Beakhyun in Scarlet Heart, and BTS V in Hwarang. Those are just some examples.

Hopefully, this drama would end that since writernim has a way of messing with our minds as seen on W hahahah Although, (unpopular opinion) W was quite a downhill ride for me during the last few episodes, I'm hopeful that won't happen with this drama :wub:

• Like 5

Hello everyone :D

I watched EP 7 and My notes on it :

.The episode too short seriously I am hungry to more .

.JW is living in the hell of this game , he thought how to survive by leveling up to 85 and with help of his sec (but how sec see Dr.Cha and hear music we will understand this with HJ when she log on this magical game ).

.It is convencing that JW drink to be subconscious but taking drugs I hope he won't be addict to some dangerous drugs .

.Prof.Cha why is he loving JW more than his son or the feeling he has concern on JW as he didn't done the autopsy for his son I don't understand him seriously.

.I love that HJ move on having her own business and back to complete her studies , I love that she isn't feeling the happiness after having this life but also feeling bad for JW who is suffering .

.For SJ some said HJ is passive ,I don't think she is passive but she is worrying about him but how she tell her grandmother or little sister both won't help actually she needs the man who sent her those messages and  to confirm her doubts but I think HJ didn't reveal what  inside her yet , I mean herself as person isn't simple I suspect her knowing but I will wait .

.I don't think Emma disappeared in the original game she will have her role in Spain as where this game running beside I don't like what they did to original by removing the original warriors and replacing them with Korean or Japan or Chinese warriors .

Finally I want from the writer to back to Spain and complete this game I want who controls this game and why this game turned to be life threating .

• Like 11

@NileRose the decision of no autopsy is puzzling for me from a parent standpoint.  Both Prof Cha and Soo Jin has the right to request the autopsy.  If either one was in favor, it will be done.  If Prof Cha has to convince Soo Jin to not request, it means he himself also does not want to.  Why is that?  Secondly, an autopsy will be the definitive and absolute source to exonerate Jin Woo.  Without it, Jin Woo will be a suspect if the case is open again since his DNA is on the dead man.  This is a joker card Prof Cha is holding, the mere fact that he can use the information at his disposal anytime he wants to oust Jin Woo as the CEO.  Cuz that is what I am smelling between Park and Cha for control of J One.

• Like 12

New stills, 

2018122401001612200119352_20181223140148

2018122401001612200119351_20181223140148

cr.  Naver - https://m.entertain.naver.com/read?oid=076&aid=0003360595&cluid=enter_201812230700_00000013

I hope this means that we get an insight on the where abouts of SJ in the next ep.

Ost 3 "Is You" by Ailee with eng lyrics. Turn on CC

and the official one with Ailee

Spoiler

• Like 8
  • Thanks 3

At the church, when SooJin turned around looking at JW, and JW gave her a sad passionate look. Oh JW is such a gentleman. Prof Cha  stared at them with annoyed thought "what's going on between these 2"

I haven't seen HyunBin injured before in drama/movie that has to make him act limping for the rest of episodes. Poor JW, it's hard to see him walking like that.

• Like 8

1 hour ago, Cornellia De Dios said:

Hi I'm new to Soompi! I just can't help not discussing this wonderful drama :wub:

'm mulling over SJ's disappearance, though. We have this joke among K-pop fans, that whenever an idol is casted in a drama, they always end up dead. EXO ChanYeol died in Missing9, EXO Beakhyun in Scarlet Heart, and BTS V in Hwarang. Those are just some examples.

Hopefully, this drama would end that since writernim has a way of messing with our minds as seen on W hahahah Although, (unpopular opinion) W was quite a downhill ride for me during the last few episodes, I'm hopeful that won't happen with this drama :wub:

and then you have suzy.. where other people die :P

• Like 2

7 minutes ago, pattsue said:

One thing that i really really want since Ep 3 is, Zinu interaction with Emma... Let them talk/interact with each other..So far it is just a tease here and a tease there..

Maybe JW can interact with emma, if he returns to granada and play the game at the original location. Other than that i think it wont be possible for any JW-Emma interaction. Emma is a programmed character, i dont think JW can have any meaningful interaction with a NPC :sweatingbullets:

• Like 2

16 hours ago, katakwasabi said:

The programmer deleted all original NPC's in the game. Did he try deleting zombie cha from the game?

That's what I was thinking! If the programmer guy has the power to change the game (delete NPCs and also give JW that safe space) then he should be able to delete zombie cha, right? ACTUALLY, the company is now writing the whole entire game themselves so they can really just write whatever they want and JW can just tell the programmer guy to give him special power ups (the gun) or level him up by 80 levels, so essentially just hack the game but then again not really cause they own it. 

A thought on the preview for ep 8 - seems like JW is asking the sec to kill him to see where dead players go??? 

And a question - What about in ep 2 or 3 when JW was in the train and it was apparently one year later. How does that fit into the storyline? 

ANOTHER question but this one is about acting - is anyone else confused what emotions park shin hye and hyun bin are conveying when they do those stare-downs and time stops?  You know like psh just has this confused/dazed look and her head is pushed back a little, and hyun bin is just squinting? (mostly referring to the ending when they met again ). I thought they were in slow mo but the rain was moving in real-time so I was like, wow, so they really are just standing there staring...

Can't wait for ep 8 XD

• Like 4
  • Confused 1

I find the Mr cha was too long to be solved he should have since ep 5 and HB (Zinu) should have interacted with Emma in ep 6 coz he already reached 5 . The dragging of Zoombie was too long. This only 16 ep drama and there are many questions that are not settled . I’m worried the writer rushed towards the end and the quality of the drama dropped coz it started good so it should end as an excellent drama . One of a kind. Since the leading actor and actress are Alist. And it’s a big budget drama. 

• Like 4

29 minutes ago, kiwiaddict said:

That's what I was thinking! If the programmer guy has the power to change the game (delete NPCs and also give JW that safe space) then he should be able to delete zombie cha, right? ACTUALLY, the company is now writing the whole entire game themselves so they can really just write whatever they want and JW can just tell the programmer guy to give him special power ups (the gun) or level him up by 80 levels, so essentially just hack the game but then again not really cause they own it. 

A thought on the preview for ep 8 - seems like JW is asking the sec to kill him to see where dead players go??? 

Basicly JW cheated to level up since he used his programmer to help him. I wonder how JW got the money in the game to buy weapons. Did he use his programmer or he bought the coins? I play pokemon go, its a pain to collect pokecoins the normal way but i'm not willing to pay actual money to get additional virtual coins hahaha :lol:

It would be interesting if JW ask his sec to kill him, and dies in the hands of another player to see where the dead players go. Zombie Cha is a NPC, so if Cha kills JW, JW will just be logged out or restart the level just like how he was killed by the other NPCs in the game.

38 minutes ago, kiwiaddict said:

And a question - What about in ep 2 or 3 when JW was in the train and it was apparently one year later. How does that fit into the storyline? 

Maybe this will happen after ep 8. Since the preview in ep 8 shows that they are going to granada. The setting for ep 7 is already one year later. 

46 minutes ago, kiwiaddict said:

ANOTHER question but this one is about acting - is anyone else confused what emotions park shin hye and hyun bin are conveying when they do those stare-downs and time stops?  You know like psh just has this confused/dazed look and her head is pushed back a little, and hyun bin is just squinting? (mostly referring to the ending when they met again ). I thought they were in slow mo but the rain was moving in real-time so I was like, wow, so they really are just standing there staring...

Lol. I have a hard time deciphering their emotions too :sweatingbullets:

48 minutes ago, kiwiaddict said:

Can't wait for ep 8 XD

Same here. Hopefully the plot moves forward. I plan to watch it live today. Hoho

• Like 4