[Drama 2018-2019] Memories of the Alhambra | Recuerdos de la Alhambra, 알함브라 궁전의 추억

@stroppyse Thanks for the translation! Yes, funny handle. I thought it was interesting that Sec Soo logged in before Zinu (38 minutes) so he is playing on his own aside from his first reason of wanting to protect/understand Zinu. :)

I am confused on how the software is being developed.  Seems like we have 2 teams - testing/programming lead by Park to commercialize the game to include sponsorship (for the Seoul version) and R&D Yang-Joo who has been with Jin Woo since the beginning (for the Spain version).  I guess this is like multiple versions of Mario Brothers LOL  I thought R&D Yang-Joo deleted Emma character in Granada as the guitarist.  She would be out of place in Seoul version playing Recuerdos.  So along that thought, I think Hee Joo has to enter the game.  I prefer that she become inclusive on her own and not be at the mercy of Jin Woo's decision.  At the end of E8, Jin Woo asked for her permission to continue searching for Se Joo.  I would love to see her initiate the search, asking to be included in this search, rather than playing the waiting game to be informed by Sec Soo.  We still have to connect the dots on how she will become his partner. One of my guesses is that she will eventually make the guitar on her own and control the players ability to enter/exit the game via her playing.  Maybe that is Emma's power, the ability to open up the worm hole between the two universes through her guitar playing. LOL.

@katakwasabi  I know, not sure why we end up with the same game environment as level 1.  Granada is home for Se Joo, it's also where his sister is so I think when the player wins, he gets to go home LOL.  Either that or the programmers are dead, so no more game development and the game default back to its basic beginning. hehehe

• Like 5
  • Replies 4.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

SJJ should be banned from writing. She's a mess. I'm so disappointed now. Psycho writer!!!!  The leads didn’t end meet at the end and barely had screentime lol.Worst ending ever.     Where a

I would like to give my point of view about the kiss scene . For me it’s not forced or just inserted to satisfy the fans but there’s a reason behind . At that point of Jin woo’s  world is collapsing .

My translation might be wrong, cuz I'm not that good in Korean, but I tried?! BTS (Phone conversation): HB: If you look at the script on the phone .. like this (small) SH: No, if you tu

Posted Images

Hello guys! Finally joining the thread! I don't usually join threads that I'm not truly invested in since I pretty much don't have enough time to "interact" and just skim and scan everything during my free time. However, I had this eureka moment while in the bathroom. Yes, the bathroom, where all life decisions are made. :D

As I was saying, SJ said on his phonecall to JW that Dr  Cha is a "bad guy". maybe, just maybe, Dr. Cha told the boys to go on a duel you know to see what will happen if fight you a co-player or he pitted the two boys against each other leading to the accidental death of Marco by the hands of SJ. 

Can't wait to see how everything will unfold in next episodes. B)

• Like 9
  • LOL 1

I can understand why writers and directors want PSH and HB in their drama . Their chemistry is one of a kind . They compliment each other. HB as JW being cold and arrogant sometimes in this drama and PSH as HJ cheerful and caring . Their acting when they’re together on the screen does not overshadow one over the other but rather compliment and come out and show the best of them . It’s an amazing drama and I hope it will maintain the last episode and this drama becomes a legend. For me this is the best drama for HB and PSH so far. The director and the writer must really be lucky to be the first one to have HB and PSH and of course TVN. 

Minju really suits as HJ sister. Ohhh how to wait for 5 days

• Like 12
6 minutes ago, pepperoux said:

Hello guys! Finally joining the thread! I don't usually join threads that I'm not truly invested in since I pretty much don't have enough time to "interact" and just skim and scan everything during my free time. However, I had this eureka moment while in the bathroom. Yes, the bathroom, where all life decisions are made. :D

As I was saying, SJ said on his phonecall to JW that Dr  Cha is a "bad guy". maybe, just maybe, Dr. Cha told the boys to go on a duel you know to see what will happen if fight you a co-player or he pitted the two boys against each other leading to the accidental death of Marco by the hands of SJ. 

Can't wait to see how everything will unfold in next episodes. B)

Nice theory. However i think it doesnt meet the timeline. It is suggested that Marco died before SJ went missing. SJ was in the city centre prior to going on the train. SJ was last seen laying on the floor at Granada train station. Marco's body was found deep in the woods and badly decomposed.

I'm really curious how they are going to tie SJ's dissapearance and Marco's death. Plus it has not been shown that Cha even met with SJ. Why did he call Cha a bad person? Did SJ fight marco in the woods and he's haunted by zombie marco? If this happened..technically he's somewhat a killer too just like JW. So, supposedly if marco died during the duel with SJ, imo the right thing for SJ to do after that was to scrap the game all together, not try to sell it to JW. But then we wont have a story to tell. Hahahahaha

• Like 5
  • Confused 2
6 hours ago, katakwasabi said:

Edit: actually JW has moments where he show emotion when he's not playing or being haunted by Cha --> whenever he is with MJ. He somehow lights up when he's with her. Their relationship is cute.

Yes, you're right.

It's so fun to see  the interactions between JW and MJ haha. I love it.

And the actress who plays MJ is really good. I haven't seen the dramas she was previously in, I thought she was like high school age or something, but I found later that she is just 12 years old! And turned out she was the child actress from one of my favorite movie, Hope. :)

---

Prof. Cha started to show his true colors. It seems like his main interest is the company. And he will try to get rid of anyone that he thinks is jeopardizing the company. Including his own son and now JW whom he thinks is not in his right mind.

• Like 7

"There's something I wanted to tell Hee-ju if I ever got to meet her again. I wanted to tell her that I was sick of seeing fake tears and tears filled with excuses. So the fact that she cried for me when I wasnt there, and how she looked after me whilr I was sleeping meant so much to me. " - Jin Woo :heart:

ezgif-5-a5d7b2fd4f23.gif

cr. https://twitter.com/zsinz7

We've got a Christmas greeting from PSH why not our other main lead too. :D

Merry Christmas Everyone!!! 

• Like 5
  • Sad 1
  • Thanks 2

Ratings for ep 8 average 8.5% peaking to 9.7%

20181224084126472jmyh.jpg

cr. https://entertain.v.daum.net/v/20181224084126669

Love these stills of HB and the hawk. That scene was amazing. I hope we get to see a making of it as Im sure to film that hawk wouldnt be easy. 

DvLAUX_X0AA6Rf5.jpg

DvLAUX-XQAAFWCZ.jpg

Funny note - While watching ep 8 live am I the only one whom thought this hawk was SJ yellow-hair-girl-emoticon-19.gif?1301940

Eng translations of the making vid that I posted earlier but its based on Chanyeol scenes

Spoiler

tvN stills

Spoiler

DvLAplxU0AAGDEx.jpg

DvLApl2UcAAaNNt.jpg

DvLApl-UYAA_VeU.jpg

DvLAplzVAAAuaSr.jpg

Oh I love these translations. Im more excited for the New Year ahead... is this a hint that there will be a kiss? Santa please grant me that wish :wub:

Spoiler

• Like 7
20 minutes ago, Kasmic said:

Funny note - While watching ep 8 live am I the only one whom thought this hawk was SJ 

Nope. I thought the hawk was SJ too when watching live hahaha. Even worse my imagination ran wild that i thought when he reached level 90 the game realms merged so he can jump from one country to another without physically going out of korea hahahaa

• Like 2
  • LOL 4

[TRANS] @CJnDrama update.

Santa claus.. I have a wish..

Please give me a kiss scene in New Year..

#MemoriesOfTheAlhambra #ParkShinHye #Hyunbin #알함브라궁전의추억 #박신혜 #현빈

cr: YYSY_

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Home > TV

Park Shin-hye becomes ‘Elsa’ Emma

By Lim Jeong-yeo

Published : Dec 24, 2018 - 17:11 / Updated : Dec 24, 2018 - 17:11

Park Shin-hye, who stars in tvN and Netflix drama “Memories of the Alhambra,” dressed up as Elsa from Disney’s “Frozen.” 

On Christmas Eve on Monday, tvN social media accounts shared the photo of Park in the bluish-gray silvery outfit. 

Park holds a guitar in the photo with a blank gaze, just as she does in “Memories of the Alhambra,” in which she features as the older sister of a genius teenaged game developer. Her brother has incorporated her in to his augmented reality game as a mysterious guitarist named Emma, who strums the “Memories of the Alhambra” score, in the series.

“Memories of the Alhambra” airs every Saturday and Sunday at 9 p.m. on tvN and via Netflix on demand. 

(@CJnDrama)

By Lim Jeong-yeo (kaylalim@heraldcorp.com)

http://kpopherald.koreaherald.com//view.php?ud=201812241709413856870_2

• Like 6

Hello,
I have taken the time to read all your recent comments. They devote most of their time to the mysteries of the story.

I think I have entered such a state of devotion to the drama that I am no longer trying to guess anything.
I just stay to look at it as it comes, without waiting for anything, enjoying every moment. At the slightest surprising twist of the script, I think to myself, deep down, "Wow, so good, so smart".

The same goes for the staging, the performance of the actors, I don't want to miss anything to enjoy it better.

I try to maintain my concentration from beginning to end, but I miss many details, and I know I will see it again, as soon as I have a better translation. (Currently, I use the English version, translated with google trad in French).

I also pay attention to the division of episodes, since the complexity of the story is compounded by the complexity of the labyrinthine nature of the sequence of scenes, of the flashbacks, of the way in which one element of the story must be exposed at a given moment instead of another.

It is clear that there is no way to project any expectation from the viewer. For example, in episodes 5 and 6, some of you felt that the situation was not moving fast enough (while others, including myself, were enchanted by the content itself of these episodes). I assumed that, in addition, there was a chronological need for this implementation.
And indeed, that is what happened, which did not prevent me from being pleasantly surprised. When episode 7 starts a year later, and you see the progress of the game, the tests for its commercialization, the beta-testers in the street, with a lot of details, it gave me a chill! In a more down-to-earth way, it was necessary that episodes 5 and 6 did not go too far in some aspects, because a clear break in time was needed for the beginning of episode 7.

One aspect of the drama worries me is that I wonder how history will manage to develop everything it must or could develop. At the end of episode 8, I have the feeling that it would take a drama in 24 episodes.

Edit at the last second: or... or... they would dare to make a drama with two seasons?!!!?!!??

• Like 6

amazing MV.... really well matched our OTP :wub:

credit to the uploader and sorry if re post....

I went to Koala play ground as above and I read that a few commenters there thought Jung Hee Joo is a waste of screen time.. she cries too much.. they also  have not yet sense the romantic OTP feels since there was very little skinship between Jin Woo and Hee Joo.. which I agree.. but their deep meaningful gazes and expressions.. as well as their exchanging words are somewhat so beautiful and lovely.. you can feel and absorb their undeniable chemistry.. and that will make us want them more and more... 

and YES Kdrama Santa please grant us a KISS for New Year :wub:

• Like 10
21 hours ago, stargazer187 said:

And I forget to tell this. I'm glad that HJ finally learned what really happened to her brother, he's going missing for a year. I feel how could she endure all this time after catching up on JW's lies through SJ's emails. And I feel sad for her. She even has to cry in secret, afraid of her family member would be worry too.  

She seems to trust JW again. I'm curious whether HJ will get the chance to join the game like City Hunter. I wish she could play it too. Hahaha.. suddenly I become so addicted i to this game. I didn't play it but it's so fun seeing them playing. Like SJH said it's kinda boring when you don't play and just wait. 

And talking about our OTP. I think they'll grow even closer next week. I feel it's wasted when JW can't carry HJ into her bedroom. LOL. I blame the writer for not recovering JW's leg soon. Other drama can make their heroes miraculously healed and walks swiftly fine even after one or two months. Guess that magic didn't happen here. :lol:

P.S. @bebebisous33 I see you left your like up there. R you watching this too now? Yay! Let's discuss. Haha

Yes, I am watching it. I had already posted a few comments in the beginning but after that, I had no time to watch the last three episodes. Now, I am catching up. 

@SeGafanlady To me, HJ's tears are one of the reasons why JW fell for her. JW was not able to cry after losing his first wife, even after his friend's betrayal... he became cynical, yet he was deeply sad. JW is not someone who shows his emotions therefore he needs someone warm like HJ because she can break through his thick walls. I have not watched the last two episodes yet but so far, the evolution of their relationship is good. I mean, JW was still married hence the skin ship would make no sense. But taking care of one another are the signs that they have feelings for each other.  

• Like 12
  • Sad 1

Happy that in the last two episodes we get a little more insight concerning the game, I loved that Sec also joined the game and at least there is one person who believes in JW and doesn't deem him crazy...and I think that at least helps JW know that he is not going insane and that there is infact something wrong with the game and not him...

I really like this new badass JW, how he came to the church and the office and faced all those who were spreading rumors about him, that cane makes him look so cool like MJ said...

Although he is still fighting demons, he is less vulnerable, more confident and at least has a plan!!!

Like the others have said, I really liked seeing him shooting on the rooftop...I was actually admiring the shot from the back, with him lying down :sweatingbullets::wub::phew::P if someone can also share that gif XOXO....:lol:

I think the intimacy has not progressed because JW is technically still married and I think that's why he decided to take care of that :D once that's done the ship can finally sail away...

I was proud when HJ told him to get lost and not come back that shows she has standards and self esteem, unlike when her sister implied she cried for him and disappeared with him hehe, but it also shows JW that he can not just mess around with her and think everything will be ok, I think that is part of the motivation on his part to find SJ so that he can regain her trust again...

The theory about, Dr. Cha being somewhat involved in the death of Marco and disappearance of SJ is interesting and plausible, perhaps he did duel with Marco and SJ that's why as someone already mentioned, SJ said he is not a good man...maybe he told them if he wins then they dont get the money or something and SJ felt cheated especially after Marco had already died so was contacting JW instead...but he was being chased by Marco's NPC???? just jumping on the theory train here LOL

And of course, I cant get enough of the interactions between JW and MJ she's so spunky and knows how to challenge him and of course you can tell he has a sweet spot for her and that he adores her...

Anyway episode 7 felt very short for me...ep 8 was better but still I cant wait for next weekend again :)

• Like 10
  • Guest changed the title to [Drama 2018-2019] Memories of the Alhambra | Recuerdos de la Alhambra, 알함브라 궁전의 추억