[Drama 2018-2019] Memories of the Alhambra | Recuerdos de la Alhambra, 알함브라 궁전의 추억

Admin

Woke up and it hit me....

did JW just get stabbed as Zuni the player?

i thought only NPCs are bugs...

if JW died, then he becomes a true bug unless debugged. Heh, gosh, it’s keeping me awake.

hv to sleep again ... gaahhh

• Like 2

@Kasmic thanks!

That was fun even though I have not even finish watching the drama.

Read about the finale.. I'm a little disappointed that it is another bad and rushed ending that sorta wasted everyone's effort since episode 1.

That's what I really hate in drama. Solid opening and disappointing ending!

• Like 4
  • Sad 1

Isn’t it more realistic if the ending should be SJ meet JW since he called him in Granada to sell in game and his able that JW was the one to finish the final quest. Then since everything is clear with the game JW returned to be the CEO and that he had proven everyone that he didn’t kill anyone. Then SJ and JW work together to develop the game to another level. I don’t mind HJ and JW not to hug or kiss in the end but at least they should meet as what JW has promised . And it’s up for the audience to think whether they’ll end up together . 

• Like 10

Possibly Marco and SJ as a bug was cleaned up by Zinu by completing the quest and whatever happens to him eventually? :crazy:

Anyways, fun ride will stick to my zombie panpan for another week even if I think that savior is another open-ended possibility (but definitely not SJ). Will still visit this thread and comment from time to time ;)

• Like 6

18 minutes ago, hyuuhikari said:

@Kasmic I have changed to zombie DP:lol:, I thought I'd changed for zombie Seo, but when I re-watched the Granada dungeon, this one zombie caught my eyes LOL

JW suffering was so hard to see.  I had to use Seo as my final zombie DP :heartbreak:

Spoiler

tumblr_pln4hnYxdp1x6ms67o1_540.gif

tumblr_pln4hnYxdp1x6ms67o2_540.gif

tumblr_pln4hnYxdp1x6ms67o4_540.gif

tumblr_pln4hnYxdp1x6ms67o3_540.gif

cr. captainjoonki in tumblr

Why did SJJ make JW stab his best friend, father figure and little brother? Why cant he see HJ again? Why is he lost in the game in some stupid dungeon? Why is he punished? He did no wrong. He does not deserve to continue living a life of saving others in this wretched game and not have any happiness. He suffered and still is..... Im still peeved.  I think this is the worst drama Ive ever seen. MOA has topped it.:crazy: 

• Like 3
  • Sad 6

Aaaaaaaaaaaand I'm done, I just finished it the end, I cried so much with JW and HJ, especially JW like I'm sorry I can't see why he couldn't be rewarded for all his suffering, he didn't deserve this at all he should've just taken the dagger and stabbed Emma with it and killed the entire game, J-one can plummet and go bankrupt for all I care. 

The only thing I liked in this episode is the sense of hope HJ gained that she can see JW again,  I just hoped they completed that scene with at least one of them seeing the other. 

I have too many rants and complaints, plot holes illogical stuff and much more, but I really don't have the energy, JW deserved better, that's all.

Anyways, I enjoyed MoA of Alhambra a lot, and I don't regret watching it, I fell for PSH and HB's talents again ( they are the first two actors who got me into k-drama, I'm glad I saw them pairing up in here, hopefully in another drama again ) SJJ on the other hand, doesn't belong in the list of writers who know how to make a satisfying open ending. 

Glad to have joined and enjoyed the drama with you all, let's meet again in another one where we can be happier. I'll just now go and heal my broken heart with videos of JW smiling and him with HJ being happy and in love. 

• Like 11

So Guys I usually avoid coming in and reading the live recaps until I've watched the subbed episode...and like many of you after watching the end...I couldn't believe it, I was literally asking myself Is this it?

So I came here and reading all your reactions at least gave me a good laugh and kept my spirits up....

A lot of things didn't make sense to me like....

1. I was actually surprised when CEO Park logged in the game...and it was his 145th login...what does that mean? he knew of the zombies and had also seen the zombies and NPCs? he could also see Dr. Cha? He also played the game? I was waiting for an explanation....

2. After everyone had died as a result of the game, why would CEO Park accept for the game to be released???? what would ensure the safety of the users this time around? and what would ensure that the bug will not somehow appear again because of something between the new users like what happened to Marco and SJ?

3. If JW decided to stay in the game's dungeon like SJ what was his reason for this? SJ stayed there because it was too dangerous and he was scared of Zombie Marco...but at this point all the bugs had been deleted and it was now "safe" right? no more Zombie Dr Cha etc...unless he is somehow stuck in there and if he is stuck does it mean he is waiting for someone to come "rescue" him?

4. I know someone attempted to explain this but why wasnt Zombie Marco deleted as a bug? or were the only bugs deleted the ones related to Zinu?

Now for my opinion...I really think the writer had a great idea but had no clear ending or resolution in her mind...she was just trying to piece things together week after week. I also think that she was trying too hard to outsmart the viewers with twists but in the end it was way too much for even herself to handle...I picture her thinking of all the explanations us viewers will come up with then coming up with something even more far fetched...I also think she wants so much to be recognized as a writer who does something outrageous and simultaneously breaks all the rules, a rebel, I think she identifies this with being creative and she is also trying to outdo each of her previous projects when it comes to the WOW factor of mind boggling experience...hence the endless use of flashbacks and the abrupt shocking open ended scene with no clear explanation...I don't think she is scared of the criticism of the viewers at all but is actually anticipating it and is probably what she wants to be known for...

What I didnt like about ep 16...why she had to show HJ going to the church multiple times...after seeing her going there twice we get it, she is still looking for JW and is hopeful....she didnt need to drag that scene for way too long or perhaps she should've made it a bit fast...

I know people didnt want to see the ex-wives but I guess she was trying to tie up all the ends of everyone's life EXCEPT she didn't tie the end/story of the most important person we've been following since the beginning JW...we actually just got to assume what happened to him, but no clear explanation from him..except in ep 15 when he said that was his end....also why didn't SJ tell us what actually happened from his point of view??? I mean the explanation we got thus far was from JW's assumption....or did he? but I missed it?

As of the romance, I'm not going to complain much or criticize much because after the first kiss I had already given up on the development of the romance and when I saw the writer's final interview I didnt expect much...I actually think the writer did the interview then because she knew how disappointed we will all be...and decided to do her interview before we see the ending possibly her people told her to do that as a PR move to save her from the angry fans...

nonetheless...because of my low expectations I wasnt expecting much but I do think she did HJ a very big disservice...I mean this guy was really leading her on...and now she has to just sit around and wait for a guy who she hasnt really dated and there is really no promise of commitment...if this was real life...she is really wasting her youth in the name of "Love"...I have said this a few times but I will say it again, I honestly do not see why JW deserves the type of loyalty that he is getting from HJ to me its very unrealistic but hey...and IMO this is due to the lack of bonding between the two....I know people will try to say they bonded when she took care of him etc, but IMO it wasnt enough of them actually getting to know each other, it was more of her supporting him while he tries to survive

I'm more understanding after reading the writer's interview..she has no investment in this relationship and that's why it's really not realistic...so let's say that JW is stuck in the game somehow...and HJ puts on the lens..what will she do now? is she going to play the game and try to release him? will she ask for her brother's help? her character has been so helpless in this aspect...JW tried to survive to save himself and SJ but who will save him??? I guess that goes back to the Jesus symbolism? the writer is sure mixing a lot of religion theology from islam to christianity..I remember her using the church and cross in "Nine" as well

Ok finally if I was told to describe MOA I would describe it as

Memories = lots of Flashbacks, AR + Zombies, Thunder/Lightning and the tune of a guitar, A woman constantly crying for her lover

Finally thank you all for making this forum a fun place with your theories and jokes...

Sorry for such a long write up...I have been a bit quiet because I realized my views of this drama don't really align with most of the people who regularly post here so I didn't want to ruin the fun...but since this was the final episode I decided to do my final analysis...

I usually don't post so much here unless a drama captivates me with mystery so for now I will say...

annyeong chingus...until we meet again in another drama.

• Like 9
  • Thanks 2

2 hours ago, yuhotarubi said:

I will do my best to stay strong and resist her, this ending just left a huge scar, and it's not even the flashbacks' fault

Anyways, I finally found the courage to watch this final episode, let's pray I don't throw my laptop on the floor before I finish it

You are brave... I stopped at ep 14 and dont plan watching the remainder sub eps. Im too disappointed. Now Im waiting for PD nims so called explanation of why he agreed to let SJJ go to such extreme idiotic illogical plots ..ugh! Please tag me if anyone has seen one. His probably did one already and did a runner like SJJ... she better run to the end of the world. Twitter is still ranting lol! 

@mrsj3n goodluck in catching up. Maybe stop viewing anymore eps before the crazy kicks in. otherwise you might be like @hyuuhikari more tissue boxes needed.

@stargazer187 i love your DP so true we are all traumatized. 

• Like 9

6 hours ago, bliss1004 said:

what do you mean?? are you saying that JW is now an addicted to the game? I seriously don't understand how the whole game is functioning... I'm so confused..and i think the writer also confused about the drama that she write..LOL

Writernim completely lost and didn't know how to solve the issue and problem that she created in the storyline.. If she make JW alive, police will investigate and he will accused murdered 3 people! That's the most big problem that writernim unable to solve.. 

Writernim should know that if she gonna write a drama, she should know how to write a begining and the ending of the drama.. this drama is a pre production drama and writer has a lot of time writing and thinking the best ending for a drama..Writernim should have know what is the expectation from viewers especially they know that the big name like Hyun Bin & Park Shin Hye involved in the drama.. Writernim should know how both actor's fans gonna react if they know about the bad ending like this gonna happen..i'm sure 99% viewers wanted a clear happy ending with a passionate kiss and not an open ending like this with HJ scene is on her way to look after JW at the park but they only show JW silhouette.. totally absurd! 

SJ said that only the Master has the power to create an instance/instant dungeon, which seems to be like an invisibility cloak, making him invisible to Marco, NPCs, and even real people (holographic imagery?). That’s how he was able to survive on his own for a year without getting killed by an NPC or caught by the police.

When JW completed the quest and became the Master, SJ didn’t know who did it, but he was probably no longer able to create a dungeon, Marco disappeared, and his story/quest was over, so he just went home.

I’m guessing that after JW was “debugged,” he needed to create the instance dungeon to hide from the police in the real world and from NPCs in the game world. That’s the only way he can relax and live.

After a year, his first ex survived the suicide attempt and gave her money to charity, so he doesn’t have to worry or feel guilty about how the game has affected her anymore. His second ex was outed and punished for giving a false statement, and is publicly ridiculed for being a money-grubber and marrying an old, rich man. The deaths, probably all caused by brain aneurysms, were determined to not be murder. Since the game started up again, he has been seen shooting NPCs, so that means he came out of the instance dungeon, temporarily or permanently. So HW is overjoyed and goes to find him. They will live happily ever after, though if a user tries to kill another user for real again in front of Emma in the cafe, the bug might happen again.

• Like 6
  • Insightful 1
  • Thanks 1

It's 6 30 am here, travelling in cab to work thinking about HJ JW scenes from starting.. For me even though they didn't had many scenes, I was emotionally attracted by them. There scenes made my heart flutter in a good way. It's really hard for me to think how it ended.. I just want to forget that tragic ending and keep thinking the scenes which would have happened if they met.. 

I'm suffering from withdrawal symptom, I'm thinking about the rumor about HB and SYJ so I can move on from JW and HJ.. 

If anyone is willing to continue writing a fan fiction about our OTP... Please continue and let me know... 

I want to move on! I know it will take a long time. 

• Like 3
  • LOL 1

LOL guys side note...so remember how last week I mentioned Running man was using MOA concepts and stuff for their episodes...now I was watching Master in the House and I noticed they were using the same exact edits as MOA game screen for their last week's episode LOL 

I wanna leave MOA but I come across it in Running Man...Master in the House...everywhere is MOA:sweatingbullets:

• Like 2
  • LOL 4

1 hour ago, dramaobsessed said:

A lot of things didn't make sense to me like....

1. I was actually surprised when CEO Park logged in the game...and it was his 145th login...what does that mean? he knew of the zombies and had also seen the zombies and NPCs? he could also see Dr. Cha? He also played the game? I was waiting for an explanation....

2. After everyone had died as a result of the game, why would CEO Park accept for the game to be released???? what would ensure the safety of the users this time around? and what would ensure that the bug will not somehow appear again because of something between the new users like what happened to Marco and SJ?

3. If JW decided to stay in the game's dungeon like SJ what was his reason for this? SJ stayed there because it was too dangerous and he was scared of Zombie Marco...but at this point all the bugs had been deleted and it was now "safe" right? no more Zombie Dr Cha etc...unless he is somehow stuck in there and if he is stuck does it mean he is waiting for someone to come "rescue" him?

4. I know someone attempted to explain this but why wasnt Zombie Marco deleted as a bug? or were the only bugs deleted the ones related to Zinu?

1.  CEO Park can't see the zombies and NPCs because he was not Zinu's ally.  Only his allies see his buggy enemies and are in danger.

2.  After the bugs are deleted and the game is reset, CEO Park lets the game be released bc it's actually safe now.  For one, Emma is deleted as well.  Emma, according to JW (and I'm assuming he explained this to CEO Park at some point) is what caused the bug in the first place when Marco stabbed SJ.  Without Emma, the bug/virus can't be created again.  Second reason for the game release?  Money.  JOne spent 1 year on developing the game. And, they knew it was going to be such a big hit that I think they expended a LOT of resources to develop it.  Without releasing it, the company would have gone bankrupt.

3.  I'm guessing that JW is trapped in the dungeon.

4. I also don't know why Marco hasn't been deleted as a bug.

35 minutes ago, fauna said:

I’m guessing that after JW was “debugged,” he needed to create the instance dungeon to hide from the police in the real world and from NPCs in the game world. That’s the only way he can relax and live.

I think JW is trapped and not so much that he actually created an instance dungeon as a safe place.  I don't think he's running from the police because he would know that once the bugs are deleted, that there would be no proof of anything.  He's known all along that the police had no proof that he killed his friend so I don't think he was ever worried about that.  The only reason he was worried at all is because he knew that Professor Cha was up to something.

And, my reaction to this the ending is, "that's it?"  Seriously?  That's all that we are left with?  Nothing is really clarified, and there were way too many flashbacks in this last episode.  And all for what?  Just to hear that JW is trapped somewhere?  And, how would he have even known how to create an instance dungeon?  Correct me if I'm wrong, but he was an engineer and I don't think his specialty was in gaming.  Remember, it's Team Manager Choi who does all the coding and has to explain the game to JW in the beginning.  JW only learned the game by playing it; I don't think he knows how to actually code a game.  I just hate it when dramas end with a big dud.  It happens so often with Kdramas and I don't know why.  They do such a great job, and then the end is a big, fat dud.  It's like the entire production suddenly lost all funding and budgeting and they had to just wrap it up last minute.  I mean, we don't even see trapped JW and HJ meeting.  And, it still makes no sense.  SJ was trapped (or I guess hiding?) in an instance dungeon.  JW, it seems, can leave it to help other players?  Again, makes no sense.

• Like 5

On 1/17/2019 at 8:56 PM, Kasmic said:

@scarletashin I believe it was you whom asked for OST album details. 

MOA ost album will be released as of 23rd Jan. Orders are now being accepted and shipping will take place after this date. It comes with 68 page album, pop cards, 1 CD of 25 tracks - including the 6 Osts weve heard, BGMs and even PSH and HB narration. Preorders will receive 1 of these posters (while stock lasts) Price roughly 44,600 won 

Track list - 

Hide contents

DISC (CD) .1
01. Little Prince
02. Elaine - Daydream
03. Believe (Hyun Bin & Park Shin Hye Dialogue)
04. Eileen - Is You
05. George - Memories of the Alhambra Palace
06. haejugo end (Narration by Hyun Bin) like
07. amount Dail - the I'm Here
08. eddy Kim - we maybe
09. the I'm Here (. Guitar Solo Ver)
10. unavoidable duel
11. magical beginning
12 Delusion and Truth
13. Discovery of new enemies
14. Death In Granada
15. Unreal reality
16. Mysterious world
17. Connection error
18. Casual encounter
19. Magical reality drawn in front of you
20. Bonnie hostel
21. Embarrassing event
22. Game nodded
23. Space in three dimensions
24. Game beyond limit
25. Recuerdos de la Alhambra

See links for orders -  http://www.applemusic.co.kr/shop/shopdetail.html?branduid=3358369&xcode=021&mcode=002&scode=001&type=Y&sort=manual&cur_code=021&GfDT=bml6W1g%3D

http://www.yes24.com/24/goods/68835176

tvN IG released a countkill clip of CHS....15 kills! dragged out that much <_< 

Thank you so much! My fav one played during Heejoo was chasing Jinwoo shadow scene near ending. Omo the cover too... :love:

Edited by stroppyse
Please delete images from your quotes. Thanks.
  • Like 2

7 minutes ago, stroppyse said:

Btw, I was going to leave it alone, but came back because I realized I still had another peeve to vent. Why so little JW except in flashbacks in these final episodes? And, heck, other than the silhouette of him as the gaming guardian or whatever at the end, it was all flashbacks for the final episode. Grrrrr. We got closure for all of these random side characters who I didn't care that much about, but JW doesn't even make a true appearance. It's just everyone worrying about him. I'm sure this has been raised by other people, but my misplaced faith that the plot will give us something was just soooo wrong. I'm getting grumpier the more I think about it, so I've been trying to distract myself with other things, but had this one last vent. Done now. I think. :)

OMG, yes!  I think this is part of what bothered me, too, only I didn't realize it until you pointed it out.  Why is one of the main characters missing in the last episode??? Perhaps, they ran over budget and couldn't pay him?  Just joking here.  Please, no one take this seriously.  I have no idea what this drama's budget is, or what they paid each actor.

• Like 2
  • LOL 2