[Drama 2018-2019] Memories of the Alhambra | Recuerdos de la Alhambra, 알함브라 궁전의 추억

Admin

Awww.  I want to join in the fun of all your discussions but i'm busy and can't read all the discussions after the ep 16 recap session :sweatingbullets:

I hope everyone is relaxed now after the final ep rollercoaster(?) or was it the drop tower? Haha

I glanced through park hoon's interview shared by @Kasmic. Thanks for that. Sometimes i do find myself liking or caring more for the 2nd lead or secondary characters rather than the leads (eg: son ho jun in reply 94, song jong ho in reply 97, shin sung rok in the last empress and park hoon in MotA).

I wished his character and friendship with JW was the backbone of the story. But it wasnt and it is what it is. 

Anyways writernim still needs to take a break from writing for some time. Read through viewer comments and hopefully can improve her storytelling. As much as it is her story to tell, she still need viewers to watch and comprehend the tale she's telling. Imo..that is the job of a scriptwriter.

• Like 7
  • Love 1

Lol I am still in MOA ending recovery mode 

Of all the instrumentals, I really like the one they use when JW saw Sec Seo at the hospital death bed and when he stabbed him toward the end

has it been released yet and do u guys know the title? Apple iTunes has some music but not sure if it’s the instrumentals. And for some reason I cannot view or play the list posted above too :sweatingbullets:

• Like 3
  • Love 2

SVGpZvVKZ_ki9UGHWWa1e4iZjBmnc1t_hzMXVqhB

Just finished watching the final episode.  I was reluctant to watch the last episode because of so many negative comments, but surprisingly, I liked the ending.  This drama was more action/adventure with a bit of romance thrown in.  The story followed Jin Woo, a wealthy CEO bent on acquiring the AR game before his rival beats him to it and along the way, something went terribly wrong so that he was sucked into a dangerous game of survival.  The writer focused more on Jin Woo and his quest to solve the mystery behind Se-joo's disappearance and his friend's death and the others that followed.  

There were blatant plotholes that the writer did not bother (or too lazy)  to clarify.  It was never explained how a game could kill humans so I decided from that point on not to wrack my brains about it, suspended my disbelief and just enjoy the drama.  Hyun Bin was just so fantastic and swoon-worthy as he battled warriors, zombies and soldiers.  He must have been so exhausted in the end because of the physical demand of this role.  

The romance between Jin Woo and Hee Joo was more gratuitous fan service.  With the little amount of time they spent together, there was very little opportunity for the romance to develop.  Hee Joo fell hard for Jin Woo and was doing all the initiating, following him around like a lovesick puppy.  Jin Woo, on the other hand was a reluctant boyfriend and when he reciprocated somewhat her feelings, I felt that he was just doing it to spare hurting her feelings.  After two failed marriages, Jin Woo had a jaded opinion of relationships and marriage.  Based on that and the fact that the ink on his divorce papers was barely dry,  I really doubt that he was mentally and emotionally prepared for a new relationship.  So I understand why the writer did an open ended ending.  Jin Woo was more focused on his quest rather than pursuing Hee Joo. 

What I did not like about Hee Joo's character is that she came across as clueless and weepy.  Her brother was missing, she knew that the emails she was receiving were not from her brother and yet she never bothered to look for him for one year?  She cried at the drop of a hat which is kind of irritating after a while. 

Now, if I were to write the story with lots of adventure and sizzling romance, I would make Hee Joo portray a brilliant hacker who is looking for her missing brother.  Like Jin Woo, she's also playing the game to get a clue as to her brother's whereabouts.  They meet at her family's inn in Granada.  At first, she resented Jin Woo's arrogant, entitled behaviour but when both of them discover they share the same mission, they get together to battle the enemies and find love along the way.  

Love the scenes in Alhambra and it would have been perfect if the drama was shot there in its entirety.

• Like 5
  • Love 2
  • Insightful 1

15 hours ago, zinunemma said:

im a silent reader on this forum 

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nYDmFvQVzb4

i just want to know does hee joo meet with jin woo at 4.12 part of the video 

also can anyone translate the clip 

i would be grateful:)

@4:12 on the video, the male actor you mentioned is Park Hoon (Cha Hyung Seok) aka Zombie Cha. He visited Park Shin Hye on the last day of her shooting. Isn't he nice ...?

---------------------------------------------

LOL I still use zombie avatar. I guess I haven't moved on yet.

• Like 4

The end of MOA reminds me of the end of "Secret forest" "signal", of which a second season is planned, it seems to me.
However, the amount of mystery remaining in MOA is much higher, and the end is even more likely to lead to a season 2 than that of "Secret forest" "Signal.
So I'm seriously wondering.... Is a season 2 planned?!

And the famous Marco could have a role to play as a villain and bug not eliminated. He would be a great opponent, since he is already at a very high level.

Since I am talking about season 2, and I know that there are many fans of the drama "W", written by the same author, I would like to take this opportunity to mention again the version I am writing. Sorry if it sounds like an insistence, but I probably won't have much opportunity to talk about it elsewhere than on this topic dedicated to the same author, and it would be a shame if sincerely interested people missed it.
https://forums.soompi.com/en/topic/430855-w-two-worlds-season-2-four-worlds/

I also posted a version on the AsianFanFic website, which has a little bonus: a short funny scene that explains what a drama-photo is:

EDIT: I'm sorry, I completely confused the dramas, it wasn't "secret forest" but "Signal"!!!!

• Like 1
  • Thanks 2

1 hour ago, vangsweetie637 said:

Lol I am still in MOA ending recovery mode 

Of all the instrumentals, I really like the one they use when JW saw Sec Seo at the hospital death bed and when he stabbed him toward the end

has it been released yet and do u guys know the title? Apple iTunes has some music but not sure if it’s the instrumentals. And for some reason I cannot view or play the list posted above too :sweatingbullets:

you can check it on youtube. @Kasmic had shared the link before : 

• Like 2
  • Love 1
  • Thanks 1

53 minutes ago, wenchanteur said:

The end of MOA reminds me of the end of "Secret forest", by the same director, and of which a second season is planned, it seems to me.
However, the amount of mystery remaining in MOA is much higher, and the end is even more likely to lead to a season 2 than that of "Secret forest".
So I'm seriously wondering.... Is a season 2 planned?!

Since I am talking about season 2, and I know that there are many fans of the drama "W", written by the same author, I would like to take this opportunity to mention again the version I am writing. Sorry if it sounds like an insistence, but I probably won't have much opportunity to talk about it elsewhere than on this topic dedicated to the same author, and it would be a shame if sincerely interested people missed it.
https://forums.soompi.com/en/topic/430855-w-two-worlds-season-2-four-worlds/

I also posted a version on the AsianFanFic website, which has a little bonus: a short funny scene that explains what a drama-photo is:

Let's pray for Season 2, I think it's possible.

Just like IRIS and IRIS 2, the writer is the same - only 3 years apart.  

But, can we wait for another 3 years tho for the forensic answer of CHS/Marco/City Hunter death ? Hahaha :D we'll go bananas!

And I doubt the cast will remain the same.

**That's a great website of W drama lover, good job !**

Wow, thanks for the Full Album links guys @Kasmic and @scarletashin - the instrumental ost is amazing, I feel like I'm nearby JinWoo, when he's on the game mode. JinWoo is back @1:10:25 and 1:13:28 :wub:

• Like 4

I must post so I could see my zombie headshot :D

I finally finished last episode. Surprisingly, I'm much calmer now, it's still a great drama, undeniably! I enjoyed every episode and also the recaps and discussions in this thread. The AR game concept is really cutting edge, and of course great actors and their performance, all contribute to the success of the drama. I can live with the unsatisfied ending :glasses:

• Like 6

Marco has to be deleted by SeJu, not JW as they have never made allies so JW couldn't see Marco. But SeJu seemed to be traumatized, psychotherapy was needed, so seeing him return to the game just to delete the last bug, Marco won't be his cup of tea.

I anticipate second season. After few HJ logins and she held no weapon, I knew and didn't think she would be playing the game like JW. She only logged in to find JW location, meet Emma and find clues to help JW. But second season, I could see HJ wanting to find JW, she would be going and playing as actual player, holding weapons, leveling up and all. Her brother SJ can fix or find out why, how the game got messed up. I welcome that idea.

• Like 6
  • Love 1

Just 2 days after the last episode, but I have already misses MOA, all the characters there except YR! 

Btw, I like the new emoticons for our reaction to every post. 

26 minutes ago, lduc said:

Hyun Bin X Park Hye-hye 'Alhambra' finishes with 1st place in influence

Articles, enter 01/22/2019 15:21

https://entertain.naver.com/read?oid=117&aid=0003165299  https://entertain.naver.com/read?oid=108&aid=0002756523 

Can we ask PH, the writer and PD for season 2. Even my lawyer Mr. Jo has season 2. The voice will be continue to season 3. Why don’t MOA?

• Like 3

I thought MOTA can be a masterpiece especially so it was show on Netflix where the world watched. Before the shooting started it was very promising the way they describe the plot. It was a big budget drama with Alist actor and actress as the lead . It started good but the ending was a great hell. SJJ has the idea but she can’t write . If only it was written well then MOTA can be comparable to western drama that Korea should be proud of but because of SJJ everything was down into the drain. Thanks to PSH and HB who really did an amazing job because of their incredible acting. Now I understand why SH never promote this drama and her last interview she felt sorry to her fans that she wasn’t able to show what she’s capable to. After this drama SJJ can just pack and live in the mountains with the wolves that is whe she belongs . MOTA is trending not because is good drama but because it’s like a piece of richard simmons . SJJ you really wasted everything and your chance to be recognised in the world. Seven months the staffs, crews and actors and actress but what you did. You went in few countries but 90 percent we saw is korea. SJJ please go back to college and learn how to write. 

• Like 5
  • Confused 1
  • Sad 1

14 minutes ago, Celi67 said:

I thought MOTA can be a masterpiece especially so it was show on Netflix where the world watched. Before the shooting started it was very promising the way they describe the plot. It was a big budget drama with Alist actor and actress as the lead . It started good but the ending was a great hell. SJJ has the idea but she can’t write . If only it was written well then MOTA can be comparable to western drama that Korea should be proud of but because of SJJ everything was down into the drain. Thanks to PSH and HB who really did an amazing job because of their incredible acting. Now I understand why SH never promote this drama and her last interview she felt sorry to her fans that she wasn’t able to show what she’s capable to. After this drama SJJ can just pack and live in the mountains with the wolves that is whe she belongs . MOTA is trending not because is good drama but because it’s like a piece of richard simmons . SJJ you really wasted everything and your chance to be recognised in the world. Seven months the staffs, crews and actors and actress but what you did. You went in few countries but 90 percent we saw is korea. SJJ please go back to college and learn how to write. 

I am not a writer, I know it’s hard to write, and I can’t critized SJJ to learn how to write because of the ending is not like we want. Even if she can not write, why did you spend your time to watch MOA till the last episode?

• Like 2

Eventhough I don’t like the ending, I really enjoyed the adventure or journey in watching this drama. Thanks God that I watch it while it airs. If I only want to watch it after it finishes, I will not watch it in the end, knowing that most people hate the ending.  It’s like watching Hwayugi as well. Love the drama, hate the ending. Both dramas are netflix dramas. Any coincidence?? Both dramas make me subscribe to netflix :D

Well, I’ll just wait for another Hyun Bin drama then. Hopefully it doesn’t take more than 1 year.. MOA is a great success in comparison with his previous drama Hyde Jekyll. I think it takes him like 3 years to come back to dramaland because of the failure of Hyde Jekyll. But MOA is different. So I cross my fingers that Hyun Bin will come back asap in the dramaland! 

• Like 11

19 hours ago, KymberleeD said:

Who won on the zombie rally @Kasmic... sorry if that was already posted and i missed. i skipped the review and recap from episode 15... and look like it time jumped here more than 1 year! :lol:

Anyone who voted JW won poll 2...not sure if anyone can grin to that. <_<

13 hours ago, scarletashin said:

I saw the link. Someone in Youtube also uploaded the album. When I listened the songs, I couldn't find that song :bawling: Also, if you recognize the last part of ending, you'll hear 'Star' without Locco's voice. It also not included in album >,<

Is there any possibility another album? Like... there's two posters right? Could it be there's another?

Are you talking about this bit of the ending? 

I think the song your looking for might be in this album - http://www.yes24.com/24/goods/68835176?Pcode=013

Im confused at  what it means by Game and album version lol! You can purchase those separately or as a set. But here is the info about the album - 

Spoiler

[Memories of Alhambra Palace OST] 
OST recordings of 'Alhambra Palace's memories', a TVN-to-TV drama collecting topics with unique stories, magical fantasy stories and romance are officially released. 

Along with the drama 'Memories of the Alhambra' OST was inserted into the main scene of the drama with a colorful lineup and gave a deep impression and luck to the viewers. 

The album 'OST of Alhambra Palace', which is released this time, has two kinds of offline music albums, 'main' version and 'game' version. The front cover is made of lenticular material, And it expresses the identity of the drama based on the material. 

It contains not only the OST, which was released online, but also the unreleased performance version OST, as well as a selection of scores that make you feel the emotions and atmosphere of 'Alhambra's memories'. A total of 25 tracks are recorded. 

In addition, special appendices such as the main actor photo card, the backstage, the sticker made using the item in the game, and the poster presented to the reserved buyers will also be included in the album, which will add meaning to drama fans see.

Album Specifications
- 1CD (Main Album Ver. & Game Ver.) 
- 
Record 6 Tracks - Songs Limited Actor Actor Ambassador, 2 Narrative Tracks 
- Score and Tracks 17 Tracks 
- Total 4 Tracks Appendix 
1 ) Random insertion of starring actor photo card (Hyun Bin, Park Shin Hye, and Chan Yeol) 
2) Random insertion of one of the star actors (Hyun Bin, Park Shin Hye and Chan Yeol) 
3) Insert item sticker (same version)

Track list 

• 01. Star (Little Prince) - LoCo & Yoo Sung
  • 02. Daydream - Elaine
  • 03. I Believe - Hyun Bin & Park Shin Hye Dialogue
  • 04. Is You - Aly
  • 05. Memories of Alhambra Palace - George
  • 06. What I want to say - Narration by Hyun Bin
  • 07. I'm Here - Yang Dale
  • 08. We Maybe - Eddie Kim
  • 09. I'm Here (Guitar Solo Ver.)
  • 10. Inevitable duel
  • 11. The beginning of magic
  • 12. Delusion and Truth
  • 13. Discover new enemies
  • 14. Death In Granada
  • 15. Unreal reality
  • 16. The World of Mystery
  • 17. Connection error
  • 18. Casual Encounters
  • 19. A magical reality drawn in front of you
  • 20. Hostel Bonita
  • 21. Embarrassing event
  • 22. The game is over
  • 23. 3D space
  • 24. Beyond limits game
  • 25. Recuerdos de la Alhambra

Goodluck with our search...hope you find it. Please tag me if youve found it :D

tVn stills 

PSH post drama interview - https://tv.naver.com/v/5135741

https://entertain.naver.com/read?oid=076&amp;aid=0003371911

Some translations of the interview -

Spoiler

• Like 7
  • Thanks 2

I loved this drama because of its originality...that is until episode 16.  It was one of the worst k-drama endings  I have seen.  The only thing they had to do is to have her run up the steps and they embrace and I would have been satisfied, not ecstatic, but satisfied.  This ending was awful.  The ending did not just leave me hanging but frustrated and confused.   

What I could not understand is why JW would possibly be deleted? 

If he was no longer human, but had become a part of the game, when did he die?

Who killed him?  That part of the story left me confused.  All of the other images, when the bug was removed, they were deleted and ended up in a pile of powder, but there was not trace of JW after Emma stuck the key in him. Before he gave the key to Emma the last time, he said that he was afraid, he did not want to die.     

The first time, when Yoo Jin-woo gave the key to Emma, I was surprised that she stuck it into his heart; however, I thought that was he was in game mode, and she was trying to eliminate the bugs in the game, not that he was dead. ( I am going by the statement made when he gave Emma the key the second time).  Can someone explain it to me? I also would have like to know how and why the game killed. How was that possible?   Another K-drama ruined by a rushed ending with unanswered questions.

• Like 5
  • Confused 1
  • Sad 1