[Mainland Chinese Drama 2019] Go Go Squid! 亲爱的热爱的

sugarplum892

53 minutes ago, rocat said:

Hell yes!!!

better muaks scenes perhaps ... :lol:

(Oh, that scene! Got it wrong..hiaks. My bad)

Yes, IMO..the 'muaks' scenes could've done much better by Yangzi, she's too shy and awkward at it, not very convincing after so many kisses..Li Xian tho, he seemed way too comfortable with it haha.  Incidentally, was she still dating her ex prior to this filming?

• Replies 703
  • Created
  • Last Reply

All the cute and fluffy moments made my heart flutter more than the "kiss" scenes themselves... I agree with some of the previous comments on how they could have been improved. The kissing didn't seem very natural, especially on Yang Zi's part. But all the other moments of perfect chemistry between them more than made up for it!!! :wub: I can't wait to see the rest of lovestruck Gun!!!

I didn't dislike the overall fashion choices for Tong Nian as much as others - I understand they were trying to have her dress like a younger girl - however there were a couple outfits that were borderline hideous, LOL. Sorry!

Only one week left of the drama and I am already worrying about how to fill the void once it's finished... :confounded:

3 hours ago, nasaan ka Alex? said:

To be honest, I might be one of those who would not want another adaptation of this drama. CDramas have a different charm than a KDrama gives, although i cant put it into words what it is.

If there are things that I could probably ask for the producer/actors of this drama would probably just the kiss scenes, and the weird richard simmons clothing line of the female lead.

I understand what you mean - I love a show with good leads. I also love a show with good storytelling - one telling is all I need, no other adaptations needed. This one passes the former with flying colors.

I think adaptations inject new flavour into a show, emphasizing different things that are dependent on traditions, culture and practices. I learnt about the Korean way (eating bibimbap with many out of one bowl is pretty different for me) watching dramas, in addition to reading about and seeing the place. The way things are done in China is also different for me although I am Chinese. Its the the little things I find interesting. 

For selfish reasons, I would love to see Gong Yoo appear on my screen in this role ... hehe .. so I would definitely love a K-adaption. He is my definition of a good lead with the ability to do what Li Xian did...with ALL types of scenes :tounge_wink: The kiss scenes would perhaps be more satisfying...

59 minutes ago, rocat said:

For selfish reasons, I would love to see Gong Yoo appear on my screen in this role ... hehe .. so I would definitely love a K-adaption. He is my definition of a good lead with the ability to do what Li Xian did...with ALL types of scenes :tounge_wink: The kiss scenes would perhaps be more satisfying...

To be frank, I think GY would be too old for the role. He may be better off in the role of Solo. I think a Ji Chang Wook or a Kang Ha Neul would be a better fit in the HSY role. And they're both superb actors.

Anyway all rom coms follow essentially the same trajectory so adapting this won't be a huge problem in contextualization. Besides e-sports is huge in S Korea. I'm surprised there hasn't been a Kdrama focused on this area already. Or may there has been one. I don't watch everything that comes out. Someone will put me right I'm sure. ;) 

5 hours ago, jewelsc said:

Yes, IMO..the 'muaks' scenes could've done much better by Yangzi, she's too shy and awkward at it, not very convincing after so many kisses..Li Xian tho, he seemed way too comfortable with it haha.  Incidentally, was she still dating her ex prior to this filming?

Yes she was. They parted after she filmed this. August last year.

i don’t care much for the kissing scenes because they aren’t as passionate as I thought they would be. It’s the situations they are in that lead to the kisses that gets me lol

When I see the BTS of Yang Zi and Li Xian lol any thoughts of shipping them evaporated. Although I would like them to collaborate again! They are good as costars. 

On episode 32-33

The episodes this time show just how much Gun love Tong Nian. He brings her back home, facing the wrath of her parents to explain the situation (even when they're innocent and doing nothing), and what he said to Tong Nian's parents melt my heart

Gun to Tong Nian's parents: 

"Tong Nian is still young, and to her I might just part of her feelings. But to me, she's already part of my life"

I saw the mother's expression when Gun said this and I'm sure she melted inside, but she's still using the tough facade and didn't want to accept Gun. I guess with Gun asking his mother help, everything will go smoothly this time? I think that he'll explain himself more about his feelings to Tong Nian, so her mother would let them be together. I couldn't wait for that to happen! (I hope it's in episode 34)

I actually also like it when they have their "big fight" for the first time. Both need to tell others what they're feeling. Tong Nian complaint that Gun didn't understand her, and Gun also said that she didn't understand him. I think this fight is necessary, as both really know nothing about each other. I love that Gun chooses to go out instead of yelling at Tong Nian during their fight, which shows just how much he cares for her and didn't want her to get hurt. If it's with someone else, he would just yell at them on the spot lol

And yes to Gun to actually admit that he had fallen in love with Tong Nian during her first drunk scene. Though we all know (along with all the K&K boys and DT), that he actually has a soft spot for Tong Nian since the first time, because he's been extremely kind to her compared to his attitude to other girls. He just didn't want to admit it :D 

5 hours ago, 40somethingahjumma said:

To be frank, I think GY would be too old for the role. He may be better off in the role of Solo. I think a Ji Chang Wook or a Kang Ha Neul would be a better fit in the HSY role. And they're both superb actors.

Anyway all rom coms follow essentially the same trajectory so adapting this won't be a huge problem in contextualization. Besides e-sports is huge in S Korea. I'm surprised there hasn't been a Kdrama focused on this area already. Or may there has been one. I don't watch everything that comes out. Someone will put me right I'm sure. ;) 

I love gong too too, but I agree that he’s too old for this role. Hmmm. Who would make a good gun? I agree with ji Chang wook. Also maybe kim soo Hyun? TaecYeon, maybe not the best actor but visually he works too. Woo bin, Yoon doojoon?

For Nian Nian, honestly I feel like the actress looks too mature to portray a 19 year old and totally agree with her fashion being hideous! They really need to dress her better. Yaya has better outfits then her and seems more college like. Who would a good Nian Nian kdrama adaption be? I think maybe cliche, but kim so Hyun, kim Yoo Jung? I can’t think of many young 20 actresses in Korea? 

Anyways, I also love this drama so much, I’m actually watching raw and subs. I was solely a kdrama watcher, but have started watching more c dramas after a love so beautiful. I would totally watch a kdrama remake of this. I don’t want it to end!

edit: also I looked for the novel after starting this drama and read it all. I was a little surprised at how much more “adult” it was. They really changed that aspect of their relationship in the drama. I wouldn’t have complained if they incorporated a little more of that into the drama! :p

:tounge_xd:

I agree 100% with YY that HSY has been TAMED by TN!

The old drama troupe with the FL fumbling while driving the ML's car is being used here.:P

But HSY is SUPER  patient and tolerant with TN unlike some other dramas (those I've watched) where the MLs will yell their heads off at their gfs or wives!:rolleyes: Actually I'm against this biased about women's drivers.:sweatingbullets:

HSY even gently told TN he'd willingly give his life for her while she was driving. Do I detect sarcasm or what? :glasses:

Am I the only one here who loves the way HSY calls TN? 

SUPER SWOONY & LI XIAN's low, husky voice melts my old heart!:tounge_xd:

5 hours ago, Mapleoaks5 said:

I love gong too too, but I agree that he’s too old for this role. Hmmm. Who would make a good gun? I agree with ji Chang wook. Also maybe kim soo Hyun? TaecYeon, maybe not the best actor but visually he works too. Woo bin, Yoon doojoon?

For Nian Nian, honestly I feel like the actress looks too mature to portray a 19 year old and totally agree with her fashion being hideous! They really need to dress her better. Yaya has better outfits then her and seems more college like. Who would a good Nian Nian kdrama adaption be? I think maybe cliche, but kim so Hyun, kim Yoo Jung? I can’t think of many young 20 actresses in Korea? 

Anyways, I also love this drama so much, I’m actually watching raw and subs. I was solely a kdrama watcher, but have started watching more c dramas after a love so beautiful. I would totally watch a kdrama remake of this. I don’t want it to end!

edit: also I looked for the novel after starting this drama and read it all. I was a little surprised at how much more “adult” it was. They really changed that aspect of their relationship in the drama. I wouldn’t have complained if they incorporated a little more of that into the drama! :p

The thing about Kdramaland that I appreciate is that they usually pick the right people for the role. Even when the writing tanks, the casting is mostly pretty good. This isn't always true with C dramas because there aren't enough meaty roles for older female actors. Often we see actresses in their late twenties/early thirties still playing teenage girls. At the risk of sounding overly critical, I also thought that YZ was a bit old for this role (which may be why no one really feels icky about the age gap) but she's good enough that she's able to pull off the silly, naive side somewhat convincingly.

At the risk of sounding like a broken record... I think this show really belongs to Li Xian's HSY. It's his journey and his need to come to terms with his past that make up the bulk of the show. He's the one who has to change and get over himself. On the other hand, NN is already someone who has it all together emotionally and has remarkable intelligence. While I wouldn't go so far as to say that she's perfect, she's an academic high achiever and a good sort of girl that everybody likes. And she's completely devoted to HSY albeit somewhat stalkery in the beginning. :P She's a go-getter. She's pretty much the same at the start as she is at this final phase. Perhaps it is a bit reductionist of me to say that she often comes across as someone who's there primarily for HSY to fall in love with. Even her parents (after a brief reasonably low conflict altercation) are fairly understanding and surprisingly open-minded considering the age gap etc. So really HSY doesn't actually have to work that hard to get love (love found him in fact) because the real issue... I think that's what the show is trying to say... is that HSY is his own worst enemy. It is he who has to want to jump through all the hoops to get to the finishing line.

The show runners did a wonderful thing by bringing in a versatile and fine actor who can turn HSY into a multidimensional creature that we can all love. ;)

I imagine they reduced the "adult" element of the source material to hold on to their PG-13 rating. :P

@Mapleoaks5 @40somethingahjumma

Gong Yoo IS a bit older, bah humbug, but fan loyalty makes me biased. Heh. He in his Coffee Prince days was gold. Fan for life.

Agree with your choices though.

Yoo Seung-ho is a good choice too methinks. 

Other than clothing choices, how she kisses with her eyes open mostly and how she always wakes up with her full mascara n red lipstick on, I thought Yang Zi fitted the role - didn’t look too old for it. Her cutesy actions did wrangle a few good laughs from me.  I thought she looked quite natural. 

For that matter, LX also never has messy hair when he wakes up...

Does anyone know the singer of the haunting song that is being used for the flashback scenes? It isn't in the official OSTs list.

I just know that it is a Mandarin cover of the inspirational Cantonese song by Beyond. The lyrics are very suitable for those scenes indeed.:heart:

On 7/17/2019 at 5:28 AM, jewelsc said:

Am i the only 1 here feel like TN's outfits r so boring except for the colors?, it's like she wears the same style all the time the only difference is the colors.  I thought in the novel there were mentions of the way  she dressed and her shapely figure that would entice guys to keep oogling at her.

Horrible fashion sense of Tong Nian or is it the stylist's fault?  She should change career!

1 hour ago, Addicted2 said:

Horrible fashion sense of Tong Nian or is it the stylist's fault?  She should change career!

Yup, i feel the same way. I get that they are trying to show some contrast between HSY and TN but still, give the girl some better fashion sense! I seriously felt like they dressed her up like a Easter egg most of the time. I loved what Appledog wore and her hair style.

3 hours ago, Nina Bina said:

Yup, i feel the same way. I get that they are trying to show some contrast between HSY and TN but still, give the girl some better fashion sense! I seriously felt like they dressed her up like a Easter egg most of the time. I loved what Appledog wore and her hair style.

I was thinking Easter Egg too. And in every dang scene. The only outfits i approved are her pajamas and the grey sweater dress she wore when she went to grandpa house and was explaining to grandpa what HSY does. I overlook the outfits because they both are so stinkin cute together it doesn't matter. 

3 hours ago, Nina Bina said:

If I may interject, I had the impression that they were dressing TN up like a squid. :lol: All Pink, billowing body, flowy elongated arms, like a squid’s tentacles, and especially when she’s had alcohol...wraps her whole being around HSY. lol. That TN is adorable. 

Not that I’m in agreement with the stylist choice; that horrible white coat that someone mentioned prior...ugh. No no no. Please give the lady a proper wardrobe that befits her character better!

However, YangZi is making up for the wardrobe malfunction by bringing out such a delightful character. When I went back to re-read the novel, now I can only visualize YZ as TN and LX as HSY. So they’ve succeeded (in my viewpoint) as capturing their characters’ essence 

On 7/23/2019 at 10:21 PM, Sony2017 said:

I think most of the kids are older than TN even thou they keep her calling her big sis.  Well, probably DEMO is the only one younger than her as she plays a 19 or 20 yo right?  Demo probably plays younger since he's the baby in that group.  He's so cute but I do like 97 & Grunt as well.  Even 97 is older than her since he said he's born in 1997 no? lol....haha...Can you guys believe Grunt is actually older than the leads? lol....I goggled him and he's like 32?? Omg...he looks so young.  Alot of eye candy in this show. haha..... The worst I think is the horrific outfits that TN wears?  OMG...like WTH did they find those ugly ugliest outfits really?  She literally didn't wear anything cute/good as a 19 yo should wear.   hahah LOL..

Nian Nian's clothes need to be burnt!

Just saw the latest subbed episode on Viki. I have to say, I really love the relationship between the stepmom and HSY. For those that know Chinese, are they really referring to her as stepmom? Or just mom? Because I feel like regardless of blood, that is her son. I love how supportive she is of him and how she really is so proud of everything he’s accomplished. She became his ma when she was so young! Only 20 and for her to step up and take him as her own even when her husband had passed. Feel like that would be difficult for a young girl to take that on. 

Archived