[Mainland Chinese Drama 2019] Go Go Squid! 亲爱的热爱的

sugarplum892

2 hours ago, KymberleeD said:

Ok i lied i cant help but to be curious what are they talking about in 32... where HSY was talking to his BFF with i thing One hearing the convo...and same with TN talking to Ya Ya with other roommate... what was it about??? Are they planning to elope :D

If I am not mistaken, that was when Xiao Mi went to HSY for the job opening left by Su Cheng. One heard and thought they were getting a new gamer coming into K&K. Grunt wasn’t too happy about that.

• Replies 703
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Oh just started this series ...love it!

i am still confused though...what the relationship between wubai and hsy?

is wubai HSY”s aunts son? that is his mother’s sisters son?  But they never showed the aunt?  

its not his stepmothers son right?  

1 hour ago, rocat said:

If I am not mistaken, that was when Xiao Mi went to HSY for the job opening left by Su Cheng. One heard and thought they were getting a new gamer coming into K&K. Grunt wasn’t too happy about that.

Can't help it but sad that at first no one was accepting of Xiao Mi taking over Su Cheng's position. Gotta go watch it with subtitles to understand why but it was kind of sad. At least Xiao Mi was able to pull it through and later got accepted. I thought everyone would at first be welcoming but I was surprise it was the opposite. 

Our love struck HSY was so TENDER and GENTLE with TN after the brief argument. :wub:

He then returned to find TN asleep. He gently turned her over, lifted her head and placed a pillow under it.

The best part was when he had her CREPE WRAPPED tenderly with a  blanket.:tounge_xd:

On 7/26/2019 at 7:59 PM, littlemay said:

I agreed this drama did a good job explaining all the missing pieces from the novel. I always blame Su Cheng (novel didn't explain why she did what she did) for causing the breakup of Team Solo.

On a side note, I went back to reading the novel again. WOW WOW, in some scenes they took the lines from novel without changing a word!!! They did a great job in the drama. For example the scene with GN, TN and Grunt in the hotel room where GN was telling and Grunt and TN to tell the truth about their relationship. LOL. their expressions were great! When I read the novel now, i can only pictured Li Xian as GN and Yang Zi as TN.

Yeah, that's the big reason I didn't like Tempest Chambers more. The female supporting characters weren't that well written, they were like plot device to mess up main characters' lives, you never get their side of story. Su Cheng frustrated me a lot because the book spent a lot of time focused on the team breakup, but they don't tell you why it happens. Mo Bao Fei Bao, the author is the sole scriptwriter for the driver, so that's why she just pulled dialogues from the books.

On 7/27/2019 at 10:29 AM, El Lieu said:

is wubai HSY”s aunts son? that is his mother’s sisters son?  But they never showed the aunt?  

its not his stepmothers son right?  

Wu Bai's mum is HSY's dad's sister. HSY calls grandpa ye ye/paternal grandpa and Wu Bai calls him wai gong/maternal grandpa. iirc, Wu Bai's parents aren't really relevant to the plot so they don't show up I guess.

43 minutes ago, skibbies said:

Yeah, that's the big reason I didn't like Tempest Chambers more. The female supporting characters weren't that well written, they were like plot device to mess up main characters' lives, you never get their side of story. Su Cheng frustrated me a lot because the book spent a lot of time focused on the team breakup, but they don't tell you why it happens. Mo Bao Fei Bao, the author is the sole scriptwriter for the driver, so that's why she just pulled dialogues from the books.

I guess it was explained before that it's one of the early series that Mo Bao Fei Bao created? The trilogy in this series I mean. It's feels different than her other novels that are more "mature" in my mind

But I agree with you that Tempest Chambers seem like one mess of a book. I know that it focused more on the e-sports and the relationship between DT and appledog (which I think not really told much), but yeah, I guess the supporting characters are not that well written. And that's how Mo Bao Fei Bao redeemed it with this drama, by creating a much better explanation for each supporting character, and make them alive

Even though I love Li Xian and his portrayal of Han Shangyan so much, this drama wouldn't be so enjoyable without all the good supporting characters in the background. Li Xian did own the show with his amazing acting, but all the supporting characters also make the whole drama itself a good watch to me. I love that even the kids in the K&K are given much more personality than what we've seen in the book (like how 97, despite being Gun's fans, struggle with the training, and how Demo had insecurities about his own play, etc), Xiao Ai's background story, and so much more. This drama becomes good because of the effort of the supporting characters too I think, which make the drama as a whole become a good production. Or at least to me it is :D 

On episode 32-33:

Watching it RAW and don't understand a single thing :bawling:

But I guess the scene where Gun meet Tong Nian's parents are the one that we have in the book? But Gun in a suit is love :wub:

2 hours ago, El Lieu said:

They are cousins apparently and share the grandfather that you see. But they are very close like brothers. HSY is older. 

Ooops.. I see someone else has answered the question.

:heart:

So our cold hearted HSY finally confessed to TN that he'd fallen for her during the her 1st drunken manhandling of him!:wub:

I was right because during that scene he seemed to be beeming with glee when TN was hugging him tightly. He couldn't even bear to remove her hands from his neck. Even gave away his stepmum's "treasure".:kiss_wink:

5 minutes ago, gladys57 said:

:heart:

So our cold hearted HSY finally confessed to TN that he'd fallen for her during the her 1st drunken manhandling of him!:wub:

I was right because during that scene he seemed to be beeming with glee when TN was hugging him tightly. He couldn't even bear to remove her hands from his neck. Even gave away his stepmum's "treasure".:kiss_wink:

I somehow envy you for this XD

I want to know what they're saying too :bawling:

Once the sub is finished, I'll watch episode 32-33 again and I'll be able to understand them (finally) :D 

4 hours ago, Juuchan said:

I guess it was explained before that it's one of the early series that Mo Bao Fei Bao created? The trilogy in this series I mean. It's feels different than her other novels that are more "mature" in my mind

But I agree with you that Tempest Chambers seem like one mess of a book. I know that it focused more on the e-sports and the relationship between DT and appledog (which I think not really told much), but yeah, I guess the supporting characters are not that well written. And that's how Mo Bao Fei Bao redeemed it with this drama, by creating a much better explanation for each supporting character, and make them alive

Prequel written in 2011, the other two books written in 2014. Not recent but it's not early either. Her earlier works were far more well known just by virtue of them being around longer. I just realised I haven't read her later works oops. Tempest Chambers have its issue, but I actually like it more than Stewed Squid due to set up, characterisation and theme, it's just preference.

2 hours ago, skibbies said:

Prequel written in 2011, the other two books written in 2014. Not recent but it's not early either. Her earlier works were far more well known just by virtue of them being around longer. I just realised I haven't read her later works oops. Tempest Chambers have its issue, but I actually like it more than Stewed Squid due to set up, characterisation and theme, it's just preference.

I guess when I read Tempest Chamber, I have problem with the pacing of the novel. It just felt weird and somehow unnatural to me. Maybe it's the problem with the translation or just me not being able to understand the book, but yeah, I think I like Stewed Squid more because it's clear what it's about. I guess

But since the drama is based on the 3 trilogy, I think I got to know the team Solo members more, and I might re-read Tempest Chamber again just to refresh my mind on the details of the characters :)

14 hours ago, KymberleeD said:

Ok i lied i cant help but to be curious what are they talking about in 32... where HSY was talking to his BFF with i thing One hearing the convo...and same with TN talking to Ya Ya with other roommate... what was it about??? Are they planning to elope :D

It wasn't One who overheard the convo, it was 97 and it definitely was about marriage on both sides, HSY told XM he'd brought up marriage with TN and TN confided to YY that HSY brought it up but the other roomie overheard it too.

@rocat wouldn't it be interesting if they did a remake - korean version? ;)

I think the writers wrote the perfect boyfriend: Han Shangyan. He’s absolute perfect lol I am literally giggling and screaming into my pillow every moment TN and HSY are together. Lol that is rare even for me! Then they got Li Xian to portray HSY and yes...Li Xian is the perfect HSY...real life and drama are different so Li Xian, bravo on those acting chops and bringing the perfect boyfriend to life!

I want to be a squid bathing in sweet honey too! Lol

11 hours ago, 40somethingahjumma said:

They are cousins apparently and share the grandfather that you see. But they are very close like brothers. HSY is older. 

Ooops.. I see someone else has answered the question.

Thank you for both for answering my question...

interesting both cousins are handsome and cool..similar in nature don’t talk much...

4 hours ago, jewelsc said:

It wasn't One who overheard the convo, it was 97 and it definitely was about marriage on both sides, HSY told XM he'd brought up marriage with TN and TN confided to YY that HSY brought it up but the other roomie overheard it too.

@rocat wouldn't it be interesting if they did a remake - korean version? ;)

Ohhh...that’s what it is...! I would love to know that those roomies/KK members said...! Must be really fun to tease these two....

and exactly my thoughts...! Wonder if they’ll make Kdrama adaptation on this.. must be nice..! 

Khamsamida..! 

To be honest, I might be one of those who would not want another adaptation of this drama. CDramas have a different charm than a KDrama gives, although i cant put it into words what it is.

If there are things that I could probably ask for the producer/actors of this drama would probably just the kiss scenes, and the weird richard simmons clothing line of the female lead.

18 minutes ago, nasaan ka Alex? said:

To be honest, I might be one of those who would not want another adaptation of this drama. CDramas have a different charm than a KDrama gives, although i cant put it into words what it is.

If there are things that I could probably ask for the producer/actors of this drama would probably just the kiss scenes, and the weird richard simmons clothing line of the female lead.

I know what you mean! Honestly, just help each country air their dramas, vice versus. No need for remakes. Creating fresh ideas to give the audience is important!

Archived