[Mainland Chinese Drama 2019] Go Go Squid! 亲爱的热爱的

sugarplum892

@USAFarmgirl 2

Hugs to you too dear. :wub:I'm good. Thank you for your concern. As usual you're very thoughtful. My only concern was spoiling things for people here who hadn't watched the leaked episodes more than anything else. I was more apologetic about that. TBH I don't care about ratings and goodness knows the C drama industry has seen spurious practices (terrible editing, cliffhanger endings etc) over the years that has left fans of shows hugely disappointed. 

But it wasn't so much an act of defiance as it was convenience. ;)  Life's busy. So many dramas.

It's a fun series... glad you're enjoying it.

• Replies 703
  • Created
  • Last Reply
32 minutes ago, 40somethingahjumma said:

What kind of crazy girl would reject a second kiss and offer her cat as a substitute instead?

NN either has rocks in her head or she's found an innovative way of keeping a man interested.

LOL. SO true. I was like, girl you cray!

2 hours ago, Sony2017 said:

Yeah, I find him to be a great character as well esp towards the end the words w/his daughter.  That's why I didn't really understand why Gun God would be sooo upset w/him & not Appledog?  Isn't she also the one that wanted to leave in the first place?  The man fathered a child and wanted to take care of the kid you can't say he's wrong?  He's been a responsible person.  

I think Gun God has a really time trusting people maybe because he lost his parents. I think he forgave them along time ago and in a way built a wall up because they were his only family here. He treats the kids in KK as his family now and i think TN is slowly knocking the wall down and her innocence  and view on life makes him realize life is too short to block himself off from everybody. HE protects her and she protects him. I think he was listening when she was taking up for him in front of his grandfather. He likes to love from a far lil mi he offered hmi a job not because he wanted to still him from solo or SP, but because he knew how he feels and that he can help him. with solo he looks irritated but he takes the time to understand solo daughter and explained to her in a direct way which a kid her age need to here which her parents ould probably not tell her. he could have decided not to. with TN giving her friends money to give to her being around her stuck up aunt and makign himself vulnerable because all his life has been is CTF and the only family he knew in his teen life separated.  I think him and solo are the same that is why its harder for them to make peace even thought they both respect each other and GUn has forgiven him. Solo saw his potential. GUN god is HARDER on those he love the most, i think apple told TN this. HE tells TN what to do but i think he doesnt want people to get the wrong idea and judge her. okay just thought i would share my thoughts.

On 7/24/2019 at 1:25 AM, rocat said:

Are you guys watching the leaked episodes? :ph34r:

I watched one and somehow got promptly kicked out - unsure if it’s unsteady WiFi. Haha.

:ph34r:  Ahem...I must admit - I couldn't resit and did watch them :sweatingbullets: :phew:

At first I was like - what is this? spam? some kind of joke?...but when I tried watching one and realised it must be leaked...my self control lost cuz I couldn't resist and so watched them all :sweatingbullets:

However, since it's raw...that's basically what it was like for me, just like watching any other drama when raw episodes are out but sub is yet to come - because I will still watch it once it's subbed as well so I would understand it.

Thus to me...it kinda doesn't really impact me because I don't know Chinese therefore even if it's leaked, it's just another raw episode for me to drool over and will still watch the subbed one once it's out ;)

But it really is sad that the ratings have now gone down for this amazing drama due to the leaks, because those domestically who saw the leaks probably won't watch once it's released officially and rating goes down :tears:

I guess this is one of the rare instances where I'm glad I'm of the international fan base and thus my watching the leaked version on some site doesn't affect the dramas rating because I don't watch the original on Chinese sites/cables/etc anyway and instead wait for the official sub release and watch that one

Did the same thing as some of you -  didn't want to get stuck on the 2nd break up and be all gloomy until more eps are released & subbed thus patiently waited for more eps to get sub, now I can resume watching my precious :lol:

5 hours ago, dramaninja said:

This is how you do it the breakup didnt drag for the rest of the drama still had alot of eps left that further their relationship :thumbsup: 

@dramaninja so you're into Cdramas too! :D

Yes! That's how a breakup should be done. Not draggy (less than a week I think) but with some cute moments to make it not melo at all.:lol:

I'd suggest to those who skipped the 2 or 3 ep to watch them. :blush:

2 hours ago, 40somethingahjumma said:

What kind of crazy girl would reject a second kiss and offer her cat as a substitute instead?

NN either has rocks in her head or she's found an innovative way of keeping a man interested.

As it was her 1st kiss by a man, she must be very shy indeed. This hot kiss is initiated by who else but sauve and sexy HSY, her 1st love !:wub:

That STARE by him after the kiss must have her MELTING! Not to forget she did return that kiss properly.:lol:

After that confirmation of their relationship, HSY transformed from a cold, stoic guy into a "teenager who'd had just found his 1st love." The cheezy moments in ep 30/31 were priceless!:blush:

I thought the part where Gun decided to reconcile wasn’t obvious. I was also wondering how he ended up in the hospital knowing where in the hospital to look for TN. We shouldn’t have to put it together for the show.

I guess YY did give him a right kick in the behind but I do want to see him go thru some kind of trouble to get to her. I recalled the GPS but the department? I’d like to see a quick shot of him actually looking her up on the phone and maybe recalling some random convo about PhD’s mom in the car while driving there.  It is an important scene methinks. Lots of flashbacks but the important ones don’t seem to be there. 

That kinda killed the climax for me. Sigh...

Perhaps the show is trying to give viewers the a-ha moment (some shows are ridiculously good at that) thinking that they dropped enough clues but without good ones, it’s all a lot rewinding.

They haven’t really managed to master the art of segueing the scenes...yet. Better than the past but not there. 

However! The fluffy scenes after made up for it :wub: I’m giddy from all the cute smooches. I do really like intense Gun’s quizzical squint and girlish TN’s giggly squeals. Gahhh...they own my heart. 

2 hours ago, 40somethingahjumma said:

I would drop the cat and grab him by his hair. 

10 minutes ago, gladys57 said:

As it was her 1st kiss by a man, she must be very shy indeed. This hot kiss is initiated by who else but sauve and sexy HSY, her 1st love !:wub:

That STARE by him after the kiss must have her MELTING! Not to forget she did return that kiss properly.:lol:

That was one scene I wish she had had some alcohol :P 

two can melt together...you know...to be fair :)

17 minutes ago, rocat said:

I thought the part where Gun decided to reconcile wasn’t obvious. I was also wondering how he ended up in the hospital knowing where in the hospital to look for TN. We shouldn’t have to put it together for the show.

I guess YY did give him a right kick in the behind but I do want to see him go thru some kind of trouble to get to her. I recalled the GPS but the department? I’d like to see a quick shot of him actually looking her up on the phone and maybe recalling some random convo about PhD’s mom in the car while driving there.  It is an important scene methinks. Lots of flashbacks but the important ones don’t seem to be there. 

That kinda killed the climax for me. Sigh...

Perhaps the show is trying to give viewers the a-ha moment (some shows are ridiculously good at that) thinking that they dropped enough clues but without good ones, it’s all a lot rewinding.

They haven’t really managed to master the art of segueing the scenes...yet. Better than the past but not there. 

However! The fluffy scenes after made up for it :wub: I’m giddy from all the cute smooches. I do really like intense Gun’s quizzical squint and girlish TN’s giggly squeals. Gahhh...they own my heart. 

"Why did you return when you said you didn't want to?":star:

It was the 1st question TN asked HSY when they were strolling along the alleyway after that infamous HSY's sob story. And of course our conceited guy avoid answering it for obvious reasons.:lol:

44 minutes ago, gladys57 said:

"Why did you return when you said you didn't want to?":star:

It was the 1st question TN asked HSY when they were strolling along the alleyway after that infamous HSY's sob story. And of course our conceited guy avoid answering it for obvious reasons.:lol:

For me, that showed him already out of a shell called cowardice, though the relationship was still shrouded in the shadows of the alleyway but he was highly aware of his feelings which I thought explained the dance in some odd celebration. :D

Edit: in another coincidence, was listening to Ed Sheeran’s Perfect that perfectly describes this scene... hiaks!

@chloevstkawaii The quote won't work properly, but regarding appledog 10 years ago, she was shocked and upset at the time about the baby, but what broke them up and why she quit the team was the fact he didn't consult her AT ALL. It's definitely his child and his responsibility to take care of Xiao Ai, but as his girlfriend, he could at the very least, explained the situation to her and asked. Like appledog said, she was the last one on the team to know, he talked to Gun about the issue but not her. They were both very impulsive, and didn't know how to handle things and so was Su Cheng. I'll note that in the book, appledog was about 15 or 16, Solo was about 19 or 20 at the time, drama-wise even if you age all of them up by few years, they are still too young to handle a problem like this.

The drama actually humanised Su Cheng, she quietly admit to Xiao Ai's accusation that she was selfish for giving birth just so she can have a memento, she was naive thinking she could take care of a child on her own, and she didn't really think it through properly when she just dumped her onto Solo. I love Xiao Ai so much because she said all the things I wanted to say to Su Cheng while watching the drama. Su Cheng taking her to Norway also make sense, because the drama explicitly says Solo think she could use a mother figure and a family life, and being a single father with a grown up daughter runs into issues like not being able to put on meds for her, Xiao Ai might also get better care for her hearing disability.

26-27 are my favourite episodes so far since this is the fundamental reason team Solo broke up, and with the reconciliation, you see how much these people have grown and change. 

Re: why Gun is mad with Solo, but not appledog and Su Cheng. It's this sense of betrayal, Solo gave him this dream of getting a championship for China on the world stage. They were well on their way of doing so, but Solo quit. Yes he has a daughter and everything, and it's understandable he wants to prioritise her, does that mean he has to quit, no not really.

Even if Gun at the age of 19 or 20 can understand Solo is just doing the responsible thing, emotionally he cannot deal with it, like appledog emotionally can't deal with it at the time (she could after a bit, but then Solo never discussed it with her cos he had his hands full). He held that resentment for years because he doesn't know how to let go, and because they never really sat down and talked about it. He actually resents appledog a bit too, just less so than Solo, he's only enthusiastic and hangs out with Xiao Mi and All, have you noticed? I always thought it was weirder that he could work with Su Cheng lol, but to him, Su Cheng wasn't cause of betrayal, Solo made the decision himself.

2 hours ago, gladys57 said:

@dramaninja so you're into Cdramas too! :D

Yes! That's how a breakup should be done. Not draggy (less than a week I think) but with some cute moments to make it not melo at all.:lol:

I'd suggest to those who skipped the 2 or 3 ep to watch them. :blush:

Yep! I love all types of dramas :)

Its no fun to limit yourself to a few types of dramas!

Suddenly thought of another method of how HSY knows where to look to TN at the hospital.  His usual source of information - TN's Friend's Husband; / aka his loyal fan :joy:

Remember this was how HSY knew TN was in school when he picked her up (with Dt) last time.  He also told TN whom he contacted for her itinerary.

Cant imagine our cold, stoic HSY transforming into a love struck teenager who'd love to see his beloved even though it's for only 10 min after the previous night's passionate kiss.:blush:

Just when I thought ep 30 was killing me with cuteness overload, ep 31 got me knocked out! :D That effort to avoid TN getting caught by her dad was ultra hilarious!:lol:

By the way, I'm watching GGS RAW officially loaded by Croton Megahits on Youtube which is currently on ep 31. I DONT watch the illegal ones at all.:P

I'm a Chinese who speak English most of the time and dont write in Chinese at all. As I've mentioned on another thread, I'm relearning Chinese again as my written Chinese is almost forgotten. :dissapointed_relieved:

So addicted to GGS that I'll watch every ep from Youtube twice and then again when they are subbed.:tounge_xd:

10 hours ago, anime76 said:

Suddenly thought of another method of how HSY knows where to look to TN at the hospital.  His usual source of information - TN's Friend's Husband; / aka his loyal fan :joy:

Remember this was how HSY knew TN was in school when he picked her up (with Dt) last time.  He also told TN whom he contacted for her itinerary.

It was stated very CLEARLY at the beginning of ep 16 while they were having a stroll along the alleyway after HSY's sob story during dinner.

TN asked HSY, "Why did you return (obviously to XM's place) when you said you didnt want to?":rolleyes:

1 hour ago, gladys57 said:

Cant imagine our cold, stoic HSY transforming into a love struck teenager who'd love to see his beloved even though it's for only 10 min after the previous night's passionate kiss.:blush:

Just when I thought ep 30 was killing me with cuteness overload, ep 31 got me knocked out! :D That effort to avoid TN getting caught by her dad was ultra hilarious!:lol:

By the way, I'm watching GGS RAW officially loaded by Croton Megahits on Youtube which is currently on ep 31. I DONT watch the illegal ones at all.:P

I'm a Chinese who speak English most of the time and dont write in Chinese at all. As I've mentioned on another thread, I'm relearning Chinese again as my written Chinese is almost forgotten. :dissapointed_relieved:

So addicted to GGS that I'll watch every ep from Youtube twice and then again when they are subbed.:tounge_xd:

Woottss, I meet another Chinese here! O.o

Though I couldn't speak Chinese at all lol My dad can though, and he had been giving me looks all this time because I refuse to learn Chinese and learn Japanese language >.> And now when I want to watch chinese drama raw, I regret it so bad why I don't learn from my dad back then when I was young >.>

On a side note: my grandpa was from GuangZhou, where's your family come from? <-- That if you don't mind me asking lol

I'M TEMPTED so bad to watch the complete version even though I don't know the language at all

But I want to clearly support the couple, and the waiting make it worth watching the drama anyway :D

On episode 30-31:

The cat! Poor that cat, caught between the lovebirds lol If I'm the cat, I'd give them a smack for not giving me some hot smooching as well ahahahahaha

But Gun totally change his route, didn't he? From the stoic man to the happy-go-lucky man lolol Even all the kids from the K&K now so used of teasing him and he only gave them side glare (that's not even convincing, especially when Tong Nian is around LOL)

tumblr_puwrcenxEB1r5iugro6_r1_540.giftumblr_pv60qmIGx81r5iugro10_r1_540.giftumblr_pv7vbdctt51r5iugro3_540.gif

How the Go Go Squid Outfits Compliment the Character's Ages

posted by Chase Shê on July 24, 2019
go go squid couple
With the drama Go Go Squid! 亲爱的热爱的 steadily heating up the small screens this summer, viewers have also taken notice of the couple's looks in the show epecially Tong Nian who is cute and adorable in every shot. You never know right, I mean, if we can’t get ourselves a handsome and broody Han Shangyan like Tong Nian, we can always grab some inspiration from her wardrobe which might just help us land our very own Shangyan!

Spoiler

go go squid yang zi pastel colors

Macaron coloured pastels and sherbet flavours

To cop Tong Nian’s bubbly looks for summer, it’s all about the ice cream shades and bright pastel colour combinations to emphasize her youthful and energetic character. Think lavender shirts with pale bottoms, monochromatic whites, bubble gum pink oversized hoodies and dresses, and my personal favourite - butter yellow paired with light wash jeans. Tong Nian also seems to have a fondness for accessorizing with bandanas – tied around her neck or in her hair as a headband, bandanas are totally back in fashion for summer 2019 so it’s definitely a look that’s very easy to recreate!

Spoiler

go go squid clothes

go go squid yang zi bandana
Bandanas

Now it's quite obvious that the show’s producers and costume team went through great lengths to make the actors appear younger and older than they are in real life. Yang Zi and Li Xian are of similar ages being both in their twenties but they are playing characters who are 19 and in their 30's respectively. So for Yang Zi, a wee wardrobe “makeYOUNGER” was necessary since she’s years older than her 19 year old character!  Luckily for her though, her baby face and big big doe eyes go a long way to make her appear younger, doesn’t it?

Li Xian too who's just a year older than Yang Zi in real life also got a Han Shangyan makeover to counter his youthful looking face. It’s out with the brights and colours for him though since he needs to appear in his 30's as required by the story. The result? Endless iterations of broody and monotonous blacks to go with his older and more mature character.
Spoiler

go go squid li xian all black

Three guesses as to what his favourite colour is *lol*

What are your favourite looks from the show?

------------------------------
#TheStoryofMingLan, #TheLongestDayinChangan, #GoGoSquid, #LeCoupdeFoudre and #AllIsWell are commended by the NRTA (National Radio and TV Administration) for their positive reception by international audience!

Archived