[Mainland Chinese Drama 2019] Go Go Squid! 亲爱的热爱的

sugarplum892

this drama is truly a gem :(( its a pity that they just had to censor all those gaming related scenes when its also the LIFE of the friggin series. this drama can actually soar way way way higher ugh i hate to see a good story gone to waste.

But, i still like the drama very much and in my opinion its the least cheesy of all the fluffy feeling C-dramas ive watched before (not much, but enough to stand by my opinion). literally i like all the characters here, Lixian, Andy takes 1st spot, niannian and her dad takes 2nd spot. 

i hope they release a full-version DVD with no cuts

• Replies 703
  • Created
  • Last Reply
8 hours ago, gladys57 said:

In ep 37, that scene of Team Solo hugging one another emotionally on stage with the song, "Brighter Future"(Beyond's iconic Cantonese hit. Wonder who's the Mandarin singer here.) is really poignant!:sweatingbullets:

Best of all, the speech by HSY is impressive and impeccable!:wub:

GGS is not all just fluffy romance but about brotherhood and patriotism too!:kiss_wink:

Yes, I definitely enjoyed all the bromance here!

7 hours ago, gladys57 said:

GGS is not all just fluffy romance but about brotherhood and patriotism too!:kiss_wink:

I find this true... turning dreams to realities and the sacrifices behind it. the time were the 4K (One, Demo, Grunt and 97) pretended to sleep and HSY fixes them all, their short convo there amazes me... though they seem to be playing but they are as well nervous, determined and are even researching on how to plot their game for the following day. that was pretty cool.  What HSY said to Little Xiao, that his days as a hero has already past, but he what he is hoping now is these boys feature.. that was pretty touching too..!

now i will be feeling empty without it... like you all. 

Spoiler

wish though it was in Netflix... i can rewind over and over and over like Love 020!

on a brighter note, at least i would be able  to cook dinner earlier now!!! i normally finish one subbed episode before i start my chores coming back from work!!! hahahahh!:lol:

I'm definitely glad that HSY finally have the guts to tell TN not to be afraid to be herself in front of him , to have her own personality and not just follow him around on everything just because she likes him a lot.

Later TN did admit to her mum about this weakness of hers.:wub:

What a supportive and understanding boyfriend HSY is!:heart:

I'm still rewatching ep 38 with subs and simply refuse to let GGS go just yet!:dissapointed_relieved:

@gladys57 I think that is such an important message because that was one of the things I couldn't shake when I first read the book. I felt like when it came to their relationship, she blindly followed him so I'm glad to see HSY telling her this. However, outside of their relationship, I find her to have her own personality (with school and her hobbies).

Someone mentioned in comments previously that Zheng Hui turned out to be such a creep! I finally saw the episode yesterday. Wow! I don't feel any pity for him and didn't like him in previous scenes. He was obvious in his interest in her but TN was so oblivious and she never treated him as anything more than a good friend. He has it in his head that only he is the perfect match for TN and to be honest, TN's parents gave him hope in this regard. 

14 minutes ago, tidumiiiin said:

is it too late to join with everyone here?????  :relieved:

no, totally not...! never too late to join convo! the more the merrier! welcome aboard!

and yeah, this senior was a total creep...! 

TN was totally naive... see how HSY said... she is the only one who could "wake" him up... i read that differently - bwaahahahah... and i am sure some of you here knows what has actually "awaken" that time he said that! hahahahah:lol:

there are so many themes in this series...besides romance...brotherhood..pursueing dreams..coming to light the past mistakes and regrets  and mending them (hsy and Xm were both unrash in their 20 to give up their dreams just because solo decided to leave)...support from family ..(I can see nowadays parents hard to support when their kid tells them they want to do professional game player). ..

i am rewatching already..

lixian really hit the nail on his acting for this series...I don’t know why some people complained of his acting/voice in the beginning....in the novel he was supposed to have a low husky voice ..to show his charismism...and lixian did it perfectly...even the comedic parts...”the micro acting and furrow eyebrows “...

its only after rewatching I get some more things..I didn’t even realize he was a sole investor for solo team using his parents inheritance to him..

so he wasnt a poor kid

It’s amazing he was well off enough but knew how to cook clean etc 

Then I realized he gave all his savings for solo..so when tn wanted to give him all her savings...he said he once gave everything to someone/team ...that not everyone can carry it out through...

Gees in chapter ten they did a whole few minutes of suspense to have dt play against the Norwegian guy to win championship...for all star national 

couldnt they have done something similar to this in chapt  37 with the old solo team against the newest top five?  

What does CTf stand for anyway?  

I really like appledog..she is very elegant with her outfits...

8 hours ago, gladys57 said:

I'm definitely glad that HSY finally have the guts to tell TN not to be afraid to be herself in front of him , to have her own personality and not just follow him around on everything just because she likes him a lot.

Later TN did admit to her mum about this weakness of hers.:wub:

What a supportive and understanding boyfriend HSY is!:heart:

I'm still rewatching ep 38 with subs and simply refuse to let GGS go just yet!:dissapointed_relieved:

What episode is that? Maybe I haven’t gotten to it yet. 

1 hour ago, El Lieu said:

Gees in chapter ten they did a whole few minutes of suspense to have dt play against the Norwegian guy to win championship...for all star national 

couldnt they have done something similar to this in chapt  37 with the old solo team against the newest top five?  

What does CTf stand for anyway?  

I really like appledog..she is very elegant with her outfits...

Capture the flag??? Hacking style?

On 7/30/2019 at 8:10 AM, El Lieu said:

The kisses were really not passionate hot in this series but I think its also because of the age she is....she is supposed to be only 19 -- still very innocent....although he is 30 I so respect that he doesn't force her into any over the board situation -- even when they got married still discussing where to live..I don't think in the book they took the "next bed step either (although there was a hotter kissing scene in the book).

I read the short piece of fluff book on line while waiting for episodes to air. They are much more sexually active in the book - TN attacks HSY every time she drinks and basically tries to feel him up and kiss him.  And yes, they do "go all the way" at the end, a month before their wedding, in the book. It's February 14th, so Valentine's day and HSY's birthday, and that's the "present" TN comes up with. 

Li Xian made HSY come to life, and gave him depth that must have thrilled the author (who also, I believe, wrote the screenplay, a condition of her allowing her books to be made into dramas). He - and the scenes of him and his bros in the past, and his boys and bros in the present - is why I loved this drama. The scene where he and Solo made up was awesome. The FL and romance scenes made me cringe, and got more embarrassing in the last 10 episodes. I could barely watch them. TN's behavior, clothing and decorating tastes - best line HSY delivered to her was, when he first went into her bedroom, looked around, and said, "This style of decoration - do your eyes not hurt?" - were disturbingly childish, and the kissing scenes were stiff and unromantic. I can't wait to see Li Xian in another drama, hopefully with an adult love interest, although after watching this, I'm a little worried that he might not be able to pull off the romance. After all, Yang Yang managed to overcome the frigid, cadaverously thin FL in Love O2O, and still come across as romantic and incredibly sexy in the kiss scenes. 

On 7/31/2019 at 3:18 PM, 40somethingahjumma said:

Overall, I am pleased to have discovered this sweet piece of feelgood fluff mostly because of Li Xian. Yang Zi did well with the role given to her but truth be told, Li Xian owned this and elevated the material with his charisma and wonderfully nuanced performance. He was the gem that made a diamond in the rough shine the more brightly. I'd never seen him in anything but Dr Qin before... (I see that he reunited with Zhang Ruoyun in Science and Sensibility) so his every appearance here was a revelation. His comedic flair was evident in Dr Qin but here combined with his role as the romantic lead... he was a joy and a pleasure to watch. I too discovered his knack for speechifying (boy there are many instances here)... perhaps he might consider a career in politics.

Agree with your assessment of Li Xian and his performance here. I had never seen him before, and it was instant love! Can't wait to see what he's up to next.  

I disagree with you re the romance, which I thought did not work. In the novel (piece of nothing fluff), the FL is described as being curvy, wearing short dresses, and basically being a girl men noticed. The actress who played the part of TN is too old for the part, and the director apparently decided to make her appear younger by having her dress, decorate her room, and talk/act in a disturbingly child like manner.  Her clothing was baggy, childish and unattractive. I never believed for one minute that a normal, adult man would find her sexually appealing. (OTOH, they did a great job casting Yaya, who was also young and inexperienced, but was very pretty, didn't talk like a little girl,  and dressed like a 19-20 year old would). The romance is why I can't give this drama a high rating, although Li Xian gets a 10, and the story of his background and his relationships with the other guys, and the gaming scenes,  also get a 10, and those things make it well worth watching. Now it's back to The Untamed, which is the best thing airing right now, IMO. 

7 hours ago, vespertyne29 said:

I disagree with you re the romance, which I thought did not work. In the novel (piece of nothing fluff), the FL is described as being curvy, wearing short dresses, and basically being a girl men noticed. The actress who played the part of TN is too old for the part, and the director apparently decided to make her appear younger by having her dress, decorate her room, and talk/act in a disturbingly child like manner.  Her clothing was baggy, childish and unattractive. I never believed for one minute that a normal, adult man would find her sexually appealing. (OTOH, they did a great job casting Yaya, who was also young and inexperienced, but was very pretty, didn't talk like a little girl,  and dressed like a 19-20 year old would). The romance is why I can't give this drama a high rating, although Li Xian gets a 10, and the story of his background and his relationships with the other guys, and the gaming scenes,  also get a 10, and those things make it well worth watching. Now it's back to The Untamed, which is the best thing airing right now, IMO. 

That's fine. ;)

But that was the kind of romance they were going for, I imagine... to improve the optics. Cute and fluffy. A ten-year gap between a 19 year old and 30 year old guy would give a lot of people the heebie jeebies if they did all the adult stuff that was in the book.  ;) I can't imagine what the censorship of the show would be like if they had followed the novel. There mightn't be anything left to watch. This is probably something of a compromise. I still don't know why the gaming scenes were cut. Boggles the mind.

I've also said that YZ is probably too old but again... optics. Helps with the ick factor. And don't worry, I've mocked NN's fashion sense as well. ;)

Archived