[Mainland Chinese Drama 2019] Go Go Squid! 亲爱的热爱的

sugarplum892

• Replies 703
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Last episodes tomorrow!!! Kind of sad but I'm happy with it. I really really really hope Li Xian and Yang Zi team up again in a new drama! They have amazing chemistry onscreen. Good luck to the both of them on their upcoming projects!

On episode 35-36:

Am I the only one emotional about Solo, Gun and appledog? Their scene is really emotional. I could feel their struggle, their bond, and also their feelings for each other. They were - and still are - friends, and I'm happy to see they open up to each other and finally told each other about their feelings. It's not like they wanted to "break up" at that time, but they were forced by circumstances coupled with mistakes that they make on their youth, breaking the bond and the friendship that they have at that time. When they finally resolve this conflict and stop hurting each other, also when they start to forgive each other, I cried along with them. It felt so emotional to me, as I always believe that bond formed from a friendship is always stronger, because friends will always be there for you even when you fall and have nothing

And finally! Gun open up to Tong Nian and told her that he wanted her to always be by his side. That's just so... awwwwwww :wub: :wub: :wub:

I seriously melted at that time. And that "kabedon" kiss lolol If I'm Tong Nian, I would show the same expression too. Or I might just faint XD

Couldn't believe that this drama is going to end in a few days. What would I do with my life after this? :bawling:

9 hours ago, Lululililululu said:

I'm honestly so bummed now that there were so many parts of the story that were cut due to censorship and all.
:tears::tears::tears:

Granted I still LOVE the drama but it could have been even better. It's seriously one of the only book adapted dramas that I'm enjoying more than the book. I feel so bad for everyone involved who worked so hard for this drama too. Well at least this drama is very popular and well received so that makes up for it. I just hate for the ending to fall flat due to the cuts. Hopefully it's not as bad as everyone is alluding to, as I'm waiting for the last episodes. 

Hey  guys Do you have Idea for the Go go squid season 2? 

1 hour ago, Ryan D said:

Hey  guys Do you have Idea for the Go go squid season 2? 

I don't think there will be a second season though. This drama wraps up the story for the trilogy: God's Hand, Fish in Secret Room, and Honey Stewed Squid. It told the complete story of Team Solo and how they give Gun a happy ending. So I doubt there will be a second season

I bought a vikipass just to watch this drama lol. I watched the first 3 episodes last week for free, then got the pass right after that because it was that good. I've been binging it the last couple days, it seems like when I do this I get a lot more attached to the characters and hooked to the story line more than usual. Anyways, I just caught up to what is currently subbed in english on Viki and I'm actually kinda confused/sad  about....(under the spoiler) 

Advanced issues found

Spoiler

K&K not winning the China competition? I found it very anti-climatic, like what was the point of them showing the pep talks and the other stuff leading up to it, if they weren't even gonna show it? They paid more attention to Sanya competition and the one with the European dudes in the earlier episodes. What was that all about? And, I thought it kinda sucked that Han Shanyang, not Little Mi go comfort their team after they lost, but instead went to go shoot the breeze with his old buddies. I get he wants to catch up now that they made up, but my god, go commiserate or relax your kids. 

Han Shanyang and Tong Nian are honestly so cute together and even though there are so many scenes of them together, I just can't help but want more and more lol. The way he looks at her, as if he falls in love over and over again each time, makes my heart melt. They love each other so much! 

also, also, umm what was with those couple of episodes where he didn't sleep and dude didn't shower OR change his  clothes for DAYS! like, ew, please change your clothes my dude. I know it's just a drama and they don't have to show it, but at least they switch up his outfits every episodes to show a passage of time. I was like ew, what little ai said was true, his feet must stink.:joy:

:ph34r:About TN's childish choice of clothes. 

IMO, it could be due to her strict teacher mum's influence. Although Dad doted on TN, both of her parents are rather strict with her. 

After the discovery that her TN and HSY had met, her mum lamented to Dad that she should have let TN be chubby and not be attractive to guys. Thinking that HSY was the one who did the pursuing.:lol:

Moreover it is in keeping with the college type of trend. Her mum will flip to see YY's choice of clothes on her.:D

On the other hand, HSY may have found those clothes interesting and unique (mainly interact with Su Cheng and stepmum) as compared to the sophisticated ones won by those 2. :P

Caught HSY stealing glances at her in the car after sending her home on New Year's day (ep 9 i think) while they were listening to music before being interrupted by her cousin.:rolleyes:

Obviously he was interested in her by then. Enough to ask 97 to help him open an account on her Music Webpage which had her jumping in delight.

TN rang him up to confirm it was him. He wasn't annoyed with her and even confirmed with his sleepy low husky voice that he'd be in Norway the next day and even telling her his return date.

TN was squealing like crazy after that!:tounge_xd:

40 minutes ago, gladys57 said:

About TN's childish choice of clothes. 

IMO, it could be due to her strict teacher mum's influence. Although Dad doted on TN, both of her parents are rather strict with her. 

After the discovery that her TN and HSY had met, her mum lamented to Dad that she should have let TN be chubby and not be attractive to guys. Thinking that HSY was the one who did the pursuing.:lol:

Moreover it is in keeping with the college type of trend. Her mum will flip to see YY's choice of clothes on her.:D

Am I the only one who thinks nothing of Tong Nian's wardrobe choice? Except for a few bad choices, I think she looks okay. Her dress look nice, and I really want the yellow jacket from episode 19-20. I really don't think it's that bad. The white weird jacket is weird (the one from episode 24-26 I think), but other than that, I actually have no complaint. She dress appropriately like a college student to me. She never like to dress very prettily, as I assume that she use all her money to buy cosplay clothes (just that she never shows that cosplay in the drama) since cosplay clothes could be very expensive. But what do I know about fashion lol

I'm not a person who usually comments about the female lead's wardrobe... I only care about how well the men dress to enhance their looks: suits, uniforms etc. It's the men I swoon over.

But NN's wardrobe is so "out there" that it brings attention to itself. I was just thinking earlier today especially after revisiting Episode 38 that it's almost as if someone had draped a curtain or bedsheets over her and taken a scissors to it blindfolded. The end result is supposedly something called "ready-to-wear".

I don't know if this is what the cool kids on the mainland are wearing these days but I sure hope NN didn't pay good money for it. It's the same feeling I have for ripped jeans.

I read on another site that China is reviewing the wardrobe of their TV dramas especially the female ones. China is having issues with scantily clothed FLs .:sweatingbullets:

Anyway, most probably her clothes were sponsered by certain clothing companies which promote those "college themed" clothings so she herself, her stylist and production team cant do anything about it. :rolleyes:

The fact that TN could save quite a bit of money for someone her age just goes to show how thrifty she is. So her wardrobe needs to be CHEAP. 

I do notice that she kept wearing the same clothes over again which is realistic. In some Kdramas, the FL can be that poor and can still have branded handphones and wear different outfits for every episode.:lol:

Not that I'm biased against the Chinese (I'm an overseas Chinese) but I'm certainly NOT SURPRISED by TN's clothes in this drama at all. :D:D:D

5 hours ago, VanillaSalt said:

I bought a vikipass just to watch this drama lol.

Spoiler

Advanced issues found

LMAO i did the exact thing!! bought the Viki Pass just to watch this!!! Now I'm bummed its ended and just scrambling to watch anything Li Xian is in lol

12 hours ago, skibbies said:

@El Lieu how are you watching those episodes, China is up to 38 at the moment...? Maybe spoiler that? I haven't seen the episodes but I think you got the gist of it.

We have a TV box and all the episodes were there -- I noticed that the remaining 5 episodes had big writings on top of it -- probably the leaked version...

Don't remember what chapter --- but the scene where she overslept and he brought her to his bed...(she was in her white outfit) and he flipped over on her...telling her that "he is hers..only she has the ability or gut to wake him up" -- it was so sweet..

The kisses were really not passionate hot in this series but I think its also because of the age she is....she is supposed to be only 19 -- still very innocent....although he is 30 I so respect that he doesn't force her into any over the board situation -- even when they got married still discussing where to live..I don't think in the book they took the "next bed step either (although there was a hotter kissing scene in the book)....and I am glad she didn't right out promise him marriage when he first "proposed"......I thought her reaction was right on...and it gave him a chance to realize how disappointed he could be if she left him and cherish her more

In a series like this a 19 year old to 30 year old -- in real life though I could see a big big obstacle with the parents...I don't think I would want my daughter meet a guy 4-6 months dating and then get married...(many who does that end up divorce)…

.thus this series is more a fun sweet romcom...with great characters..

but I have to say too many flashbacks...why waste of time ..could have done more gaming...what is with e sporting that they have to censor?  China doesn't want people addicted to e gaming...the whole series was about winning gold for China -- patriosim---

"I'm yours!" whispered HSY to TN with his sexy, husky voice and staring at her tenderly! He must be trying hard to restrain himself as he'd promised TN's mum he'd behave himself with her.:blush:

I was BLUSHING and quickly switched off the 42"TV set before my family get to see it! Then proceeded to watch that scene and the rest over again from my handphone.:glasses:

Who needs a steamy bed scene when you can swoon over HSY's tender look and sexy, husky voice?:tounge_xd:

I died and revived myself miraculously after watching that profound scene!:innocent:

I was away for a few days and finally caught up to Episode 34. I thought their first kiss scene was actually really well done (not the quick peck in the earlier episodes). I find that most female leads in Asian dramas usually have this deer in the headlights look when being kissed - mainly to show how chaste, inexperienced, and innocent they are. This being both TN and HSY's first relationship, I think it being more innocent makes sense.

I'm really enjoying HSY's character development and mending relationships with everyone. With him & grandpa, him & stepmom, him & the other members of Team Solo. 

6 hours ago, gladys57 said:

I read on another site that China is reviewing the wardrobe of their TV dramas especially the female ones. China is having issues with scantily clothed FLs .:sweatingbullets:

Anyway, most probably her clothes were sponsered by certain clothing companies which promote those "college themed" clothings so she herself, her stylist and production team cant do anything about it. :rolleyes:

The fact that TN could save quite a bit of money for someone her age just goes to show how thrifty she is. So her wardrobe needs to be CHEAP. 

I do notice that she kept wearing the same clothes over again which is realistic. In some Kdramas, the FL can be that poor and can still have branded handphones and wear different outfits for every episode.:lol:

I was actually okay with her clothes earlier in the drama when she was cute and sporty, but it seems like she only knows how to dress in shapeless hoodies and long skirts. THE LONG SKIRT LOOKS BAD.

The thrifty excuse really doesn't work in China, we have Taobao, I've gotten plenty of clothes for really cheap and they definitely don't look anything like hers (I'm pretty sure they were way cheaper than whatever she's wearing too). In both King's Avatar and Gank Your Heart, there were girls wearing sporty short skirts, it's not that scantily clothed. If she has to wear long skirts, there's colourful summer skirts that you wear to the beach and whatever that's suitable for college age kids.

It's sort of extra frustrating because everyone else dress pretty damn well, even the K&K boys who mostly all wear black! Yaya looks pretty cute with hoodies and shorts (why can't TN wear shorts???), appledog look absolutely smashing most of the time (except in flashback where she has some kind of hoodie + a pajama dress? episode 36 when she's visiting HSY and Solo's hotel room. That's the worst look in the entire drama, good god.)

Actually, I noticed yesterday HSY have hilarious bad habit of buttoning ONLY his top button and nothing else, it quite bothered me once I noticed it, since it was just a bizzare styling choice.

1 hour ago, chloevstkawaii said:

I'm really enjoying HSY's character development and mending relationships with everyone. With him & grandpa, him & stepmom, him & the other members of Team Solo. 

I think that was my favourite part of Tempest Chambers. Mending old relationship, forgiving yourself and healing as well as chasing after the dream. The drama did a pretty good job depicting and expanding these themes.

Archived