[Drama 2018] Lawless Lawyer, 무법 변호사

Admin

@RobinM @kjoy @NoonaE I thought they were going to have a love line between YH and the gangster Bro?  :lol:

Look at this tropey Save ! 

48E3D012-35FC-4F17-B02F-D8C27876F889.jpeg

@bebebisous33 @sava2sava Thanks for your replies ...so it’s money laundering. 

I’m not sure how much clout BSP would have built up in Seoul but he does have his Uncle’s backing. However CMS would also have a lot of connections in Seoul as well. I’m not sure how the judiciary works in Seoul. When can the Supreme Court intervene in district courts like this ? 

• Replies 1.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

@triplem That would be adorable! She was shooketh a minute for sure :wink:Might have been just a cute moment though. 

Maybe she she turns away from CMS when all the evil comes out, starts to work with the Legal punks and sparks fly :)

@NoonaE mean as in...eww. Brain bleach time. Well the old richard simmons is an evil manipulative user so a pretty young subordinate is nothing to her... The scene in the preview where those old rich men Lear at her. Seen enough dramas with that scenario to make me uncomfortable. 

Sheesh. Get a room already ya’ll!  

The term Slow burn is obviously meanless to these two... I guess He likes fast cars and faster Women ( just joking, she’s a good girl!)

Don't you think they started their relationship a little bit too fast? I hope they don't give a kiss scene. I really need a good reason for Ha Jae Yi to leave Cha Moon Sook That was like a mother to her and going to Sung Pil this fast. I hope the writer gives the reason. At least I need to see a little bit of her confusion. I don't like it if she trusts him for no reason.

8ed64205bf0629a165fba12a6f3cd53d.jpg

da7f26ff8b45fe86f5d4dad578630456.jpg

7af23f3847c427a205cdf62c7ecfacef.jpg

3fe80b7a4da4730f30acbe0008716cb9.jpg

1 hour ago, NoonaE said:

@kjoy @RobinM It seems like CMS tried to match YH and AOJ from the preview? ewww... no, it's not because of the ''ahjussi'' - ''young woman'' idea, it's because that shows just how far CMS would go into ''messing up'' your life once you're in her claw

Saw that in the preview and the whole idea is ewwww.... Maybe CMS is trying to get YH into her circle too, just like her mom? But will her mom like YH being introduced to those people? Would this lead to any conflicts between CMS and her secretary? confused onion head

1 hour ago, kjoy said:

but I actually thought the little interaction between YH and Manager Tae was kind of cute so I'd be all for that. 

Same! The way Manger Tae smiles at her when she catches her is cute! 

1 hour ago, RobinM said:

Maybe she she turns away from CMS when all the evil comes out, starts to work with the Legal punks and sparks fly

Ooooh, that's very possible too. Even Mr Bong is trying make her see the true colours of CMS, right?

15 minutes ago, kjoy said:

I've resigned myself to the romance starting quick so all I gotta say is, the kiss better be HOT! 

panda 29

Well the thing is JY just didn't believe him right off the bat. She did go and did her own side research. Asked people around. She is smart and a lawyer herself. She can tell that something is not right with the trial. When manager Tae asked San Pil why he didn't tell Jae Yi about what happened to her mom, he said that she needed to search for the truth herself or she wouldn't believe him. So he didn't tell her until she asked the question herself. I love that he wasn't trying to force the truth on her. The scene will continue tomorrow anyway so we don't know if she will just say AMEN to him right off the bat. It's not like she's going to find hard evidence on Cha evil deeds by herself to convince her. To me, it's not driven by romantic feelings but by instincts and what she gathered so far. 

As for the romance, I think everyone agreed that it is fast. Then this show is definitely not slow which was one the reason it resonates with the audience. The other reason besides the acting was the chemistry between the leads. It reminds me of something I read about the girls in Running Man telling Kwang Soo that one of the reasons Pretty Noona was more hyped and popular than Live (even though they also had good ratings) was because of the lack of romance in Live. I mean if they think romance sells in a particular show since not all romance shows succeed, they will use it. Channels  and drama productions are not here for charity. They have to make money lol

I dont mind romance but it feels way to damn rushed i hope its dream or something , i know romance was coming but that big of a jump?

39 minutes ago, bluelilac1214 said:

Um.... so I just saw this

http://www.tvreport.co.kr/?c=news&m=newsview&idx=1059546

What's going to happen? How does the story develop to these scenes?? 

@violina it seems like we'll get out backhug AND front hug!!!! evil smile onion head

yeah this doesnt match the story i hope its a dream or something 

8 minutes ago, chrissydiva said:

Well the thing is JY just didn't believe him right off the bat. She did go and did her own side research. Asked people around. She is smart and a lawyer herself. She can tell that something is not right with the trial. When manager Tae asked San Pil why he didn't tell Jae Yi about what happened to her mom, he said that she needed to search for the truth herself or she wouldn't believe him. So he didn't tell her until she asked the question herself. I love that he wasn't trying to force the truth on her. The scene will continue tomorrow anyway so we don't know if she will just say AMEN to him right off the bat. It's not like she's going to find hard evidence on Cha evil deeds by herself to convince her. To me, it's not driven by romantic feelings but by instincts and what she gathered so far. 

As for the romance, I think everyone agreed that it is fast. Then this show is definitely not slow which was one the reason it resonates with the audience. The other reason besides the acting was the chemistry between the leads. It reminds me of something I read about the girls in Running Man telling Kwang Soo that one of the reasons Pretty Noona was more hyped and popular than Live (even though they also had good ratings) was because of the lack of romance in Live. I mean if they think romance sells in a particular show since not all romance shows succeed, they will use it. Channels  and drama productions are not here for charity. They have to make money lol

sure but they could have built it up a bit more.. not this much in a episode i mean holding hands?

15 hours ago, bebebisous33 said:

I knew that HJY's father would perceive BSP's intervention at the inauguration as something bad and would side with CMS. He will remain a believer of CMS and her father for a long time ... until he witnesses something with his own eyes. Even when HJY sides with BSP, he won't listen to her. In his eyes, CMS saved HJY as she found her, while the little girl was waiting/looking for her mother.

@bebebisous33  Loving it.. I think both father and CMS has told JY to leave BSP.. My opinion JY father is hiding a lot from her.. This is his way of protecting him and her since he didn't protect her mother.. (Go ahead and play dumb I keep us alive and he knows Judge Cha is using JY ) It's no way he's wasn't aware of what was going on then and at some point wife talk about the pictures she was taking during that time and why.. How else would JY know to go to the exact same spot her mom took a hundred pictures of.. JY dad knows he decided this is the best way to protect them and has brainwash himself this is what her mom would have wanted.. It's either they have involved him in one of the many schemes of Kiesoang..

In my opinion this is why he sees Judge Cha as they benefactor, Why else did he tell JY she could have came up missing just like her from that very same spot mom often photoed..  He fears for both of there lives so in order for everyone to be safe and JY keep trusting Judge Cha is have her to quit working for BSP that way JY won't get hurt by the nasty truths about Mdm Judge.. She may have been women enough to tell him that she killed that wife and the same could happen to the child if he's not careful.. How do you explain no more investigations going on in her mom missing case..  That City must be full of Cold Case files.. 

What will turn him around is the fact that BSP saw JY mom the night she went missing. I think she 'll leave it to him to believe it or not..

Well I'll guess we'll find out if it's a dream or not and how Korean audience respond. I honestly thought it was bait and switch preview by using next week footage, but then they released the stills lol Bottom line, it's happening. I just accepted it.

Kkkk we’re still shocked about tge fast development in the romance department, aren’t we? Maybe because we’re kinda used to watching the painfully slow romance budding in KDrama? Romance starts in the middle and the first (also the last lol) kiss happens in the last two episodes kkk. This drama has been really quick pacing, wasting no time and I have to admit that the dialogues are so well written. I have just finished watching Ep 5 with subs on viki and start to be interested in AOJ and YH’s mother’s banter lol. 

Back to the romance, I think in addition to the simply ‘chemical’ reactions, JY is naturally drawn to SP due to her own beliefs. She’s mentioned repeatedly that she’s an evidence-based person. Slowly but surely her own ‘research findings’ show the patterns which lead to the possibility that SP might be holding the truth. And who knows if she also sees SP as a means to an end in finding her mother as no way CMS will help her on that after 18 years? Let’s be ready for a slow burn (and heartaches) :tongue: 

P.S: that old detective Oh seems to be overlooked... I am sure his existence as a detective who’s not ‘going with the flow’ (quoting his younger and more skeptical colleague) also plays an important role sooner or later... 

38 minutes ago, RobinM said:

@bluelilac1214 Her mom is very thug and ratchet (not in good way the legal punks are either) and not exactly mother of the year.  She is probably going to look after herself and go with what benefits her, forget her daughter.

I haven't watched the episode with subs yet. But according to this excerpt from https://www.dramamilk.com/lawless-lawyer-live-recap-episode-5/  the Secretary does not seem to be very thrilled about AOJ even talking to YH... 

Across town, OJ talks about this same thing with his secretary. But then he runs into SJ and they talk /argue to each other. SJ tells Oj not to talk to her daughter, she is so bright that you shouldn’t look at her straight at all. OJ tells SJ that she is just a mother in front of her daughter.

Some BTS pics of lovely Mr Bong

0000386853_001_20180527105327528.jpg?type=w430_q70

0000386853_002_20180527105327563.jpg?type=w430_q70

2018052701002380600187021.jpg

love you crazy rabbit

One more thing that makes me believe that the 'quick romance' is more a developing plot device than just a gimmick for ratings is the premise that the fight belong to both lawyers (SP and JY). Since the very start we've been introduced to the strong female characters. I know that most of the time female characters will go 'weak' after the romance starts kicking in- hopefully it's not the case this time. And it's also one of the strengths that has made this drama popular in the first place: its female characters- both JY and CMS. I don't think the writer would like to ''ruin'' this. JY is very smart and observant. She does things on her own and she decides accordingly. She respects CMS because the latter has been acting like a fairy godmother to her all these years but her biggest love is still for her missing mother. If SP is the only way to get to know the truth about her mother's whereabouts, I don't think she'll stick to being a 'naive' follower for CMS- especially not after seeing how close CMS with AOJ and when there's also her ultimate rival YH around. I won't say that JY's feeling towards SP isn't mutual or sincere... yet it might be a very big attraction (and empathy as well since they both went through the same thing with their beloved mothers). The only 'barrier' for the RS and their fights to reveal the truth is unfortunately JY's 'more naive' father. I hope we'll get to see more of him and his POV later, too.

JY said "I don't doubt the people I trust" but her doing research on SP and the whole thing might change this later. I think she also trusts Detective Oh, because this is the only person who's been equally putting an effort in solving her mother's missing case. We'll see if the detective will join force later with our Lawless Lawyer couple :D

Pretty much the summary of Ep 5... so far the highest % rating peak :D. From this point on, I guess we'll all have to 'run' together hahaha...

Spoiler

Archived