[Mainland Chinese Web Drama 2020] Three Lives Three Worlds The Pillow Book 三生三世枕上书

MayanEcho

10 hours ago, Ninky said:

Well, unfortunately for me, a co-worker tested positive for Covid-19 and everyone who worked last mon, tue and wed last week had to get tested. Please hope with me that the test is negative so I can get my freedom from self-isolation. I also can't work until after the results come out! 

Fingers doubly crossed. I won't get my results back till Thursday! Such a stressful time for me atm. :criesariver:

I'm so sorry to hear this news.
I hope everything will be fine

• Like 1

14 hours ago, Ninky said:

Well, unfortunately for me, a co-worker tested positive for Covid-19 and everyone who worked last mon, tue and wed last week had to get tested. Please hope with me that the test is negative so I can get my freedom from self-isolation. I also can't work until after the results come out! 

Fingers doubly crossed. I won't get my results back till Thursday! Such a stressful time for me atm. :criesariver:

@Ninky All the best for you. Sending my thoughts and prayers for you and your family. Fingers crossed everything will be ok. 
I’m actually been away for quiet sometime as  things start to get to normal a bit for us and then I’m watching the news about VIC second wave lockdown. Therefore I’m checking in the forum to get in touch with you and check you out then I saw your post :unsure:.

Anyway, miss this forum so much but I don’t have the privilege to check it out regularly now (first world problem I know) but this is one of the thing that keep my sanity during lockdown and my mood booster after long day at work now. I’m so excited to see that LS first chapter is ready but no time to read it yet :tears: (btw thanks to the translation team to make it happened). It’s 2am now and I just finished working so hopefully I could catch up on my reading soon.

• Like 4

One more time, the Emperor in full colours :)

东华紫府少阳君 
Eastern Brilliance :

Young Sun Lord of the House of Purple

EcQRh8hUYAEuYFX?format=jpg&name=small

https://mobile.twitter.com/dtb_fate/status/1280167478987915269/photo/1

NEVER EVER let DH watch EP 52 of TMOPB.

"Xiao Bai, who's Lord Wen Chang?"

EcUWhunUYAI0XcX?format=jpg&name=900x900

https://mobile.twitter.com/dtb_fate/status/1280454447546552320?s=09

Show this instead:

"Xiao Bai, as soon as we leave Aranya's Dream, I will marry you. You shall be my Empress."

EXyDU7sUwAYMxwG?format=jpg&name=medium

https://mobile.twitter.com/VengoGao83/status/1260026407016476676?s=09

• Like 2
  • LOL 1

8 hours ago, pawla said:

@MayanEcho The Canghe sword is ready to cut Lord Wen Chang into pieces :lol: .  Will DH put his other self from TMOPB on his killing list too? 

I guess he would, yeah, because that's TMOPB DH, someone who looks like the real DH? Mwahahah!

He should also go after Si Ming. Why did he make him ugly in TMOPB mortal realm? I mean, Si Ming must be writing how these deities look like when they are sent to mortal realm, right? :lol:

TMOPB DH was terribly cold. But he was also in tears in EP 52. His eyes were glistening with unfallen tears when he first saw again FJ in Kunlun at 41:08. (I know, I watched this episode again after so much laughing from seeing that fan art)

• Like 1
  • Insightful 1

22 minutes ago, MayanEcho said:

He should also go after Si Ming. Why did he make him ugly in TMOPB mortal realm? I mean, Si Ming must be writing how these deities look like when they are sent to mortal realm, right? 

This Si Ming should be on the list too for making him as an ugly old pervert. Look at how many concubines he had :angry:

• Unamused 1
  • LOL 1

19 minutes ago, pawla said:

This Si Ming should be on the list too for making him as an ugly old pervert. Look at how many concubines he had :angry:

For someone who was made to look so bad, he got hordes of concubines who were also meanies to FJ. Before getting kicked to the river, he was even eyeing one of the dancers. One more to add to his very competitive harem. <_<

Handsome SXR also had, but quite few aside from FJ and JH as Chu Wan.

I think DH is a bit lenient to him...coz Si Ming already got the lightning punishment for taking out ancient records out of Jiuchongtian and then showing those to FJ.

Plus he made him eat his infamous sweet and sour fish, twice. :lol:

• LOL 3

Hi! Does anyone have a translated pdf of 10 miles of peach blossoms? I really want to read it. I just finished reading The Pillow book and I want more of Tang qi's Novel! Can you send it to my email? here is my email: jayaimvillanueva24@gmail.com
Thank you in advance!

Remember when Lian Song tried to bribe Dong Hua with rare ceramics. Dong Hua came up with the idea that Lian Song pretend to be allergic so his enemy will send him tons of fine ceramic. Why did Lian Song seem so shocked by the plan?

12 minutes ago, Megan said:

Remember when Lian Song tried to bribe Dong Hua with rare ceramics. Dong Hua came up with the idea that Lian Song pretend to be allergic so his enemy will send him tons of fine ceramic. Why did Lian Song seem so shocked by the plan?

Because Lian Song suggested where to take it from, but he ended up being used as the bait to have top grade ceramic by Grandpa. 

That's how DH works it, neat, without a trace or whiff of him.

25 minutes ago, MayanEcho said:

Because Lian Song suggested where to take it from, but he ended up being used as the bait to have top grade ceramic by Grandpa. 

That's how DH works it, neat, without a trace or whiff of him.

In other words, Dong Hua just didn’t want to use his authority to get the jade even though it’s the easier way. Instead he choose the roundabout method where Lian Song does all the work.

10 minutes ago, Megan said:

In other words, Dong Hua just didn’t want to use his authority to get the jade even though it’s the easier way. Instead he choose the roundabout method where Lian Song does all the work.

No, Lian Song only has to spread some made up story about himself. The other guy would still do all the work - haul his best ceramic from his mine to Lian Song's residence. And it will be a plenty lot of top grade ceramic, worthy as birthday  gift to Jiuchongtian 3rd prince. Every year hereafter. :lol:

From a false rumour, DH receives endless ceramic supply without lifting a finger.

• Thanks 1

Something to note down. Dong Hua kept his little fox’s ointment for so long. And only decided to use it for Feng Jiu, even using more than necessary for skin care.

another point where you can see how Dong Hua cares for her.

• Like 2
  • Insightful 1

3 hours ago, Megan said:

Something to note down. Dong Hua kept his little fox’s ointment for so long. And only decided to use it for Feng Jiu, even using more than necessary for skin care.

another point where you can see how Dong Hua cares for her.

It says a lot that DH kept the ointment for at least 300 years. He loved the baby fox and he treasured her gifts.

That he shares his good stuff to help cure FJ's injuries meant not only he cares, what's his is also hers now as well. :blush:

• Like 4

8 hours ago, Aimy09 said:

Hi! Does anyone have a translated pdf of 10 miles of peach blossoms? I really want to read it. I just finished reading The Pillow book and I want more of Tang qi's Novel! Can you send it to my email? here is my email: jayaimvillanueva24@gmail.com
Thank you in advance!

There's an English version translated by Toland but it isn't a pleasant read. :sweatingbullets: Not sure where you can download a copy though.

• Like 1

ELOD deserves an award for being one of the best costume drama of 2020. Still have not moved on. Why is it so hard? Compared to other series, this drama is like an antibiotic resistant bacteria. Nothing can kill it.

• Like 5
  • LOL 1
  • Love 2

1 hour ago, triplesung said:

ELOD deserves an award for being one of the best costume drama of 2020. Still have not moved on. Why is it so hard? Compared to other series, this drama is like an antibiotic resistant bacteria. Nothing can kill it.

You're not alone, and I don't mind not moving on from it. Hahaha.

What I love with ELOD is not the love story itself, but the resonating core values the characters treasure, cherish, and follow.

There's just so much to see and enjoy while watching it. Moreover, kids can safely see it because there are quite few sensitive scenes, such as the cliff jumps and deliberate cutting. Even the "gory" parts of war and fighting are relatively tamed. I say tamed because there aren't sounds of bones crunching or screams of agony. 

Kids can even learn a thing or two while seeing the series.

ELOD teaches the values of being grateful and honouring promises. It also instills bounderies when doing so. Paying debts of gratitude is not up to the point of losing dignity. Honouring promises made is never a reason to be a slave to someone's wishes.

The two main characters of ELOD were exemplary models on being answerable to the consequences of their actions. That they are daring is because they are also that willing to bear the responsibility of undesirable results of what they did. They are acknowledging and accepting their mistakes, rather than shifting the blame away from themselves.

ELOD also points out that there's no good outcome in breaking laws and flouting rules. Neither should somebody else shoulder the penalty for your wrongdoing. One cannot always lie their way to blamelessness. One cannot pretend at all times to make oneself seem better or more superior than others. Eventually, the lies catch up with as much or even more devastation as payback.

The love story portion is all about being equal on how much they feel for each other, and what they can give and do to be together for eternity. Selflessness for the sake of their beloved is a virtue DH and FJ both hold dear. Selfishness and abuse of trust on the other hand, can never be equated to love.

Being true as a friend also gains you people who are caring of you, loyal to you, and love you. They are behind you in your endeavours, and they don't cast you away due to your choices. They will not, however, tolerate your wrongdoing. They will call you out before you make mistakes.

I'd definitely want ELOD to receive an award for the hard work of the artists and how they did so well in giving life to the story and to their roles. If not, I'd wish ELOD more recognition and more viewers who will love watching it again and again.

• Like 3
  • LOL 1
  • Insightful 1

Hey all! Just marathoned through and I'm legit obsessed. It's funny cause I read TMOPB a long time ago and watched the movie (not drama) but had for some reason not known about The Pillow Book. I actually prefer the storyline and drama for TPB much more. I was happy that they changed one of the main plot points I DIDN'T like from the book - how BFJ didn't know that Xize was Donghua till after and how her memories were altered. So in some ways I actually liked the drama plot more than the book.

Plus, the lead pair just had AMAZING chemistry! I also usually find "historical" Chinese dramas difficult to watch because of the CGI and often the overacting. This drama was really good and I honestly couldn't see the "cheapness" that people talked about - tbh I couldn't get into TMOPB because of the anesthetics; it felt dated to me. I often find pastel and brighter aesthetic and cinematography lends to the drama feeling "modern" for longer.

Anyways, all that is to say is I'm having major withdrawal and was wondering if anyone could link/dm me to extra goodies that I may have missed?

Has there been news about an uncut version or at least deleted scenes being released? I'm sad that they didn't keep at least the fate stone bit because that is truly where you explicitly know how much Donghua loves Fengjiu. Knowing that it was FILMED, it feels like such a waste both for fans and financially for them to not release it? Forgive my ignorance as I don't watch CDramas that often, but how likely/often do cut/deleted material get released? Is it usually a matter of, if it isn't released within an X amount of time, it likely isn't going to be at all? 

• Like 2
  • LOL 1
  • Love 3

While I doubt concubine Chu Wan actually loved Xuan Ren, I must admit she sounded truly disappointed that he didn’t really care about her just before she goes off to jail. In that accusation, it sounds like she sees him as more than a means to get the jade.