[Mainland Chinese Web Drama 2020] Three Lives Three Worlds The Pillow Book 三生三世枕上书

MayanEcho

2 minutes ago, Ninky said:

Making my own face masks with material meant for handbags hahaha! I am sensitive to alcohol in all sanitisers (i get allergic dermatitis) so I am reduced to hand washing often and using moisturisers.

Aww, you'll have the most unique and prettiest looking masks! :D 

I feel ya for the allergic dermatitis, as I get it too. Though not from alcohol content, I get rashes from direct contact with detergents, dishwashing solution, or too strong hand wash or soap. Even cutting vegetables sometimes trigger it, so I've to wear gloves, and that too should be made of vinyl, not latex.

Here in my place we're not in lockdown anymore, but masks and gloves are mandatory for going out in public. Schools will be opened again on Sep, and I've began telling the kids that when they go back, hugging, holding hands, sitting, and sharing snacks with their friends aren't allowed anymore. They're so sad on that, but the lockdown here before was immediately implemented when a schoolkid last March was confirmed positive. :(

• Like 1

1 hour ago, MayanEcho said:

Aww, you'll have the most unique and prettiest looking masks! :D 

I feel ya for the allergic dermatitis, as I get it too. Though not from alcohol content, I get rashes from direct contact with detergents, dishwashing solution, or too strong hand wash or soap. Even cutting vegetables sometimes trigger it, so I've to wear gloves, and that too should be made of vinyl, not latex.

Here in my place we're not in lockdown anymore, but masks and gloves are mandatory for going out in public. Schools will be opened again on Sep, and I've began telling the kids that when they go back, hugging, holding hands, sitting, and sharing snacks with their friends aren't allowed anymore. They're so sad on that, but the lockdown here before was immediately implemented when a schoolkid last March was confirmed positive. :(

It's a strange time right now. All old norms are out and new norms are formed. Sad how we need to think twice about physical contact with others.

During our Locdown period, my little one was upset when he couldn't go to the shops. 

Love the beautiful art comparison to the drama.

• Like 4
  • Love 1

15 minutes ago, ChibiLy said:

During our Locdown period, my little one was upset when he couldn't go to the shops. 

The kids were initially happy that school was over weeks earlier. Then the reality of lockdown and curfew sank in. Fortunately, there's ELOD and other shows for them to see, and their mobiles to entertain them.

Plus, there are pigeons that nested in our balcony. They got to see the eggs hatching and the hatchlings growing. 

25 minutes ago, ChibiLy said:

Love the beautiful art comparison to the drama.

ELOD would have broken the net if it showed as much skin as the art book. :lol:

Joking aside, I'd love a copy of that art book, even if the pics are online.

• LOL 2

14 hours ago, FoxontheMoon said:

In the drama the cake was the same name it was just different color... since they were in the mortal realm...

I wonder what is the name of the cake IRL? I've seen videos of making the cake but they don't share the ingredients. 

14 minutes ago, MayanEcho said:

How I wish they did. Instead all we got is the damn blanket :angry:

• Sad 1
  • LOL 4

8 minutes ago, pawla said:

I wonder what is the name of the cake IRL? I've seen videos of making the cake but they don't share the ingredients. 

I once saw the recipe on weibo (months ago when ELOD was still airing in China) but I can't find it anymore. :sweat:

• Sad 2

26 minutes ago, pawla said:

How I wish they did. Instead all we got is the damn blanket :angry:

That's ELOD's most "wholesome" surprise of the year! They could have at least kissed with the same passion as when they first arrived in Aranya's dream, or in the cave. 

:Twerkdatbutt:

Perhaps someone in the final editing needs a pitchfork to 'fess up why only a peck then the blanket made it for the final cut. <_<

14 minutes ago, chsaf said:

I once saw the recipe on weibo (months ago when ELOD was still airing in China) but I can't find it anymore. :sweat:

I also remember seeing one before either in IG or Twitter, and if I'm not mistaken somebody shared it here in the forum. But which page? :blink: Or who posted at least.

• LOL 4

2 hours ago, chsaf said:

Hahaha I don't even remember seeing it here let alone who posted it 

If poster is known, the profile will show everything he/she posted. Or track the post via Google with the Soompi profile name and keywords. :D

:droolz:

Edit: I found the recipe by Google searching "Soompi sorrowless pastry" :lol:

• LOL 2

On 4/1/2020 at 6:38 PM, chsaf said:

For those who want to try making wu you gao (sorrowless pastry)

https://m.weibo.cn/status/4488587057578161

@chsaf Sweetheart, you're the one who shared the recipe before :lol: @pawla This recipe has the ingredients. If you make it, please give the review if it's really that nice to make LS dreamy. :D

Copy pasted auto-translated text + a bit of editing/removal of emoticons:

It's really sweet to finally finish the book of the Three Life and Three Pillows!

In addition to the love of Feng Jiu and Emperor Gao Diguang of Dili Reba, the love is sweet! I was also greedy for #三生三世无忧糕# in the drama.

You only need 5 simple ingredients and you can get it in 5 simple steps!
And super healthy and low fat! Don’t worry about eating for a weight-loss party:

Ingredients needed: 400 grams of yam, 200 grams of purple sweet potato, 60 grams of glutinous rice flour, 2 tablespoons of condensed milk, appropriate amount of sugar

00761Kyyly1gdd7g1fbv2j31m112p4fn.jpg

Procedure:
1 .Yam and purple potato are steamed with the skin and then peeled. Add to each a spoonful of condensed milk and then mash. After mashing, make small balls with the purple potato mixture.

00761Kyyly1gdd7g30zs9j30ku15odt1.jpg

2. Put the glutinous rice flour into a water-free and oil-free pot. Stir-fry until slightly yellow.

00761Kyyly1gdd7g3k9q7j30ku15oqdn.jpg

3. Add and mix the glutinous rice flour to the yam mixture, then make small patties. Wrap the patties into the purple potato balls. [Remember not to seal it completely, some purple potato is exposed].

00761Kyyly1gdd7g4j2kvj30ku15oqea.jpg

4. Press the balls to the mold for the desired shape.

00761Kyyly1gdd7g536hkj30ku15oamc.jpg

5. Steam for 2 minutes with hot water for better taste.[It doesn’t matter if you don’t steam it, it depends on your preference ]

00761Kyyly1gdd7gci6gfj31900u04c2.jpg

• Like 1
  • LOL 1
  • Love 1
  • Thanks 4

2 hours ago, MayanEcho said:

@chsaf Sweetheart, you're the one who shared the recipe before :lol: @pawla This recipe has the ingredients. If you make it, please give the review if it's really that nice to make LS dreamy. :D

Copy pasted auto-translated text + a bit of editing/removal of emoticons:

It's really sweet to finally finish the book of the Three Life and Three Pillows!

In addition to the love of Feng Jiu and Emperor Gao Diguang of Dili Reba, the love is sweet! I was also greedy for #三生三世无忧糕# in the drama.

You only need 5 simple ingredients and you can get it in 5 simple steps!
And super healthy and low fat! Don’t worry about eating for a weight-loss party:

Ingredients needed: 400 grams of yam, 200 grams of purple sweet potato, 60 grams of glutinous rice flour, 2 tablespoons of condensed milk, appropriate amount of sugar

00761Kyyly1gdd7g1fbv2j31m112p4fn.jpg

Procedure:
1 .Yam and purple potato are steamed with the skin and then peeled. Add to each a spoonful of condensed milk and then mash. After mashing, make small balls with the purple potato mixture.

00761Kyyly1gdd7g30zs9j30ku15odt1.jpg

2. Put the glutinous rice flour into a water-free and oil-free pot. Stir-fry until slightly yellow.

00761Kyyly1gdd7g3k9q7j30ku15oqdn.jpg

3. Add and mix the glutinous rice flour to the yam mixture, then make small patties. Wrap the patties into the purple potato balls. [Remember not to seal it completely, some purple potato is exposed].

00761Kyyly1gdd7g4j2kvj30ku15oqea.jpg

4. Press the balls to the mold for the desired shape.

00761Kyyly1gdd7g536hkj30ku15oamc.jpg

5. Steam for 2 minutes with hot water for better taste.[It doesn’t matter if you don’t steam it, it depends on your preference ]

00761Kyyly1gdd7gci6gfj31900u04c2.jpg

Goodness me my memory is sooo bad. :cold_sweat::wut:

• Like 3
  • LOL 1

45 minutes ago, MayanEcho said:

All of us have those moments :) Especially when we get so busy.

True, I feel more scatter-brained nowadays there's so much going on at work til I don't have time for any repeat episodes of ELOD. :isannoyed:

• Like 1
  • Love 1

19 hours ago, MayanEcho said:

The kids were initially happy that school was over weeks earlier. Then the reality of lockdown and curfew sank in. Fortunately, there's ELOD and other shows for them to see, and their mobiles to entertain them.

Plus, there are pigeons that nested in our balcony. They got to see the eggs hatching and the hatchlings growing. 

Haha, its not too late to release some sexier scenes. I think there were suggestions that sexier scenes were filmed.

I am like you, if art book is available,  I'd love to purchase a copy.

13 hours ago, chsaf said:

True, I feel more scatter-brained nowadays there's so much going on at work til I don't have time for any repeat episodes of ELOD. :isannoyed:

Gosh. Hopefully, you will get sometime to relax soon. 

Embarrassingly, I fell asleep watching ELOD during the weekend. 

• LOL 2
  • Love 1

On 7/19/2020 at 3:52 AM, MayanEcho said:

He reads up recipes just for learning what are the ingredients. Then he trains his nose how each spices and leaves and seasonings smell. That's all. That's all there is to it. :lol:

Good day to all Dongfeng's lovers.. missing y'all..

:fullofhearts:

Talked about DH's 'highly mysterious and highly dangerous' cooking.. can't help but amused by SMY reactions to DH's cooking talents . Thanks to Siming's Bagua partner Third prince LS already gave SMY a heads up about DH's cooking.:lol:

PB2 page 231( SMY finished the task helping DH/Xize create Miaohua Glass)

Fengjiu did have a moment of shock, but it had little to do with guilt. She
was only sighing at Xize's eagerness to show gratitude. Now seeing Mo
Shao's dispirited face, inexplicable sympathy rose from within as she tried
to comfort him: “You know, Xize is a grateful person, and you did him
such a big favor. After the magical object is finished, I wonder how he's
going to repay you. Just thinking about it makes me excited.” She seemed
to be truly excited as she spoke these words. “Then again, you're not
missing any treasures, nor do you care for beautiful women. I bet he will
choose a more sincere repayment worthy of your friendship, such as
personally cooking a meal for you...”

Dijun's cooking was a highly mysterious and a highly dangerous thing.
Liansong's regretful lament rang in his ears. The teacup could not help but
clatter a bit in Mo Shao's hand
. He said, “If he can't think of any ways to
repay me, don't ever remind him.” He saw puzzlement appear on Fengjiu's
face.

PS: I have a thought that DH will be a good cook with FJ as his personal teacher. He's good at everything ..unless if he himself "purposely or deliberately" bad at it  or not?...just to pranks a person's who were dear to him, namely FJ( as Baby fox) LS, Siming.

• LOL 2
  • Love 1

2 hours ago, jimmylyne said:

:fullofhearts:

Talked about DH's 'highly mysterious and highly dangerous' cooking.. can't help but amused by SMY reactions to DH's cooking talents . Thanks to Siming's Bagua partner Third prince LS already gave SMY a heads up about DH's cooking.:lol:

PB2 page 231( SMY finished the task helping DH/Xize create Miaohua Glass)

Fengjiu did have a moment of shock, but it had little to do with guilt. She
was only sighing at Xize's eagerness to show gratitude. Now seeing Mo
Shao's dispirited face, inexplicable sympathy rose from within as she tried
to comfort him: “You know, Xize is a grateful person, and you did him
such a big favor. After the magical object is finished, I wonder how he's
going to repay you. Just thinking about it makes me excited.” She seemed
to be truly excited as she spoke these words. “Then again, you're not
missing any treasures, nor do you care for beautiful women. I bet he will
choose a more sincere repayment worthy of your friendship, such as
personally cooking a meal for you...”

face.

PS: I have a thought that DH will be a good cook with FJ as his personal teacher. He's good at everything ..unless if he himself "purposely or deliberately" bad at it  or not?...just to pranks a person's who were dear to him, namely FJ( as Baby fox) LS, Siming.

It is rather surprising, for someone who seems to be naturally good at everything, be so bad at cooking. I mean he has great memory, pays attention to details, and fantastic problem solver. So strictly speaking, he has all basic skills needed to cook. So I would bet on him deliberately pranking others with his cooking.

• LOL 2
  • Love 1

11 hours ago, ChibiLy said:

Haha, its not too late to release some sexier scenes. I think there were suggestions that sexier scenes were filmed.

I am like you, if art book is available,  I'd love to purchase a copy.

There would have been several takes for the scenes to choose the best shot from. What makes it to the final cut though would be on the post production's editing.

Since ELOD has been proving itself to be popular despite the limitations in promotion, it won't be a bad idea to capitalise on that. 

11 hours ago, jimmylyne said:

Missed ya too! :heart:

11 hours ago, jimmylyne said:

face.

For some reason, I think of DH's infamous sweet and sour fish as his means of loyalty check. Who will remain friends and in good terms with him after eating it...also who can be frank and honest enough to tell him his cooking is the worst, and who would not let his powerful status make them bow to him at all times. :lol:

In the show, LS told him to find another hobby, hahaha. And SM, on the 2nd time served with it, fainted trying not to touch it. Later on though, he finished his nasty fish by his own will.  

FJ, as his baby fox, was the exception to the rule already for surviving every time the fish is her meal.

• Like 1
  • LOL 1
  • Love 1

44 minutes ago, Megan said:

Maybe there should be an ELOD cookbook.

Feng Jiu’s sorrowless cakes, sweet and sour fish,

Peach wine

Ye Hua’s cooking

even Jiheng’s soup, if only to fill the pages.

Maybe not ELOD only but all of 3L3W. Fearless forecast: Sorrowless Pastry, Peach Blossom Wine, and Sweet and Sour Fish would be the favourite frontrunners. 

:exercice:

• Like 2