[Mainland Chinese Web Drama 2020] Three Lives Three Worlds The Pillow Book 三生三世枕上书

MayanEcho

2 hours ago, Megan said:

Question: and I hope this doesn’t come across as racist or whatnot, but I’m confused about Diliraba being both Uyghur and Chinese. Like does it mean her ancestors were originally Turkish but then immigrated to China? Is Diliraba Chinese based on nationality only? :huh:

Historically, there would always be migrations among groups of people. In ancient times, borders did not also really exist. Migrations are usually of circumstances - trading, better place to live as per season which some nomads or stateless people still do, displacement due to wars and famine, or being vassals and subjects who settled somewhere else as per needs and requirements in the name of their government.

You can check how Uighurs who were originally Turkish came to settle in China. Hint: read up on the world's greatest empires.

Understand though that they're not any less Chinese than other ethnicities of Chinese as they settled there in the mainland for many centuries. By this point too, there would have been already intermarriages to other tribes as well. Just as, for example, in your country of domicile Singapore. There are ethnic Malays, Indians, or Chinese Singaporean.

Reba being an Uighur Chinese should not be taken up against her - no one can control the circumstances of their own birth, race/ethnicity, or parental lineage.

• Like 2
  • Insightful 1

2 hours ago, MayanEcho said:

Reba being an Uighur Chinese should not be taken up against her - no one can control the circumstances of their own birth, race/ethnicity, or parental lineage

Thanks for answering my question. Don’t worry. I’m not being racist. I was just very confused about how it all works.

• Like 2

24 minutes ago, Megan said:

Thanks for answering my question. Don’t worry. I’m not being racist. I was just very confused about how it all works.

I'm sure you aren't. Unfortunately, most of the news are too opinionated and biased nowadays, and there are too many "wokes" who are sensitive to everything and anything that doesn't go their way.  

It can get difficult to filter what's right or wrong, or who's just out to whip out sentiments rather than deliver facts.

Another example for many races in one nation, though not so really a very good one nowadays, will be USA. They all have the right to be called American regardless of their ethnic background. Let's not go though on their still ongoing racial issues. But otherwise, that country is a perfect example of settlers and natives that are now one in nationality, and by theory, share equal rights as citizens.

• Like 3

12 hours ago, MayanEcho said:

The artist just finished it, hehehe! :D

@ChibiLy Hope this would mean some love like The Untamed. Special edition episodes please! ^_^ 

Discipline for a blatant lawbreaker. The other one is what he dished to JH in later episodes, also in the book. :lol:

DH mentioned it himself in the wedding fiasco at EP7 - Zhi He is guilty of deceiving His Majesty. That's also why Si Ming asked ZL to call Tianjun, to which the heavenly lord alsothem said he will give a proper response of what happened to Di Jun. ZH did a serious crime according to their laws.

I know right. Give ELOD fans the special edition and I am sure Tencent will earn a decent amount.

On top of ZH's attempt to deceive DHDJ, marriage is considered a sacred ceremony for them. So ZH's deception was a severe crime.

For the life of me, I can't understand why ZH thought DH wouldn't punish her when he realise what she did.

If the ceremony did go through, I imagine DH would have annulled the marriage on the spot.

Was ZH so in love with DH, that he blindly took the risk, thinking there may be a chance DH would accept her as his wife?

Or that she thought DH would accept whatever she does? 

18 hours ago, Megan said:

Question: when Dong Hua agreed to Zhihe’s exile, do you think he did it more for her education and discipline, or because he disliked having to take care of women who fancy him?

I think all of the above.

DH turned an blind eye on what ZH did, since she never blatantly showed she wanted to be romantically involved with DH. As soon as DH realised what ZH wanted, he recognised that she needed to be educated, disciplined and be sent away from him.

• Like 4

31 minutes ago, ChibiLy said:

I know right. Give ELOD fans the special edition and I am sure Tencent will earn a decent amount.

On top of ZH's attempt to deceive DHDJ, marriage is considered a sacred ceremony for them. So ZH's deception was a severe crime.

For the life of me, I can't understand why ZH thought DH wouldn't punish her when he realise what she did.

If the ceremony did go through, I imagine DH would have annulled the marriage on the spot.

Was ZH so in love with DH, that he blindly took the risk, thinking there may be a chance DH would accept her as his wife?

Or that she thought DH would accept whatever she does? 

DH will have all the rights to annul right there and then, coz ZH isn't his supposed bride.

Maybe out of pity that he was lenient with her while she's under his care, plus to pay her parents' providing of food and shelter for him. DH's also a bachelor, so what would he know about rearing his ward, when he didn't really have much example to follow to begin with.

Even if ZH is unruly though, and possessive of him, DH probably never expected that she would dare to break the laws to "own" him. ZH also probably never thought she'll be tried, because she's used to DH's soft approach when it comes to disciplining her.

As for taking the risk...I think she's so stupid to begin with. For that kind of recklessness, she didn't think ahead that 1) foster brother or not, that's the Emperor she's going to hoodwink; 2) Foster brother never showed any hints that he wants her as his wife; 3) With that much guests, she can pull the dirty trick without hitches; 4) Should she succeed, it's still a null and void marriage; 5) She's committing a crime that warrants an exile from Jiuchongtian.

Though there wasn't any marriage really in the book (PB1, p169) because DH got too busy to look for his baby fox, ZH still had the intention and was dressed as the supposed bride. Hence, exiled.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, MayanEcho said:

Though there wasn't any marriage really in the book (PB1, p169) because DH got too busy to look for his baby fox, ZH still had the intention and was dressed as the supposed bride. Hence, exiled.

I’m pretty sure she was only found out when they heard the news of Jiheng eloping with Minsu. Then they realized the veiled bride at Taichen must be fake.

and it’s kinda funny. Zhihe finally thought she could marry Dong Hua, but then he just dumps the wedding to look for his baby fox.

I imagined Zhihe’s reaction to be something like: “Hello! We’re getting married. I’m going to be your wife. And you still think a pet is more important than your fiancée?!!!”

LOL

• LOL 4

30 minutes ago, Megan said:

I’m pretty sure she was only found out when they heard the news of Jiheng eloping with Minsu. Then they realized the veiled bride at Taichen must be fake.

and it’s kinda funny. Zhihe finally thought she could marry Dong Hua, but then he just dumps the wedding to look for his baby fox.

I imagined Zhihe’s reaction to be something like: “Hello! We’re getting married. I’m going to be your wife. And you still think a pet is more important than your fiancée?!!!”

LOL

To think ZH was dissing and pretending (something old) to baby fox FJ the night before when she was leaving her roasted yam gift (that's something new, yams as wedding present!) that DH and her are meant to be. 

ZH dresses up in JH's bridal outfit (LOL, something borrowed), and sends herself  to jail (something blue, her frustration on not getting the groom of her dreams).

:Megalol:

• Like 1
  • LOL 1
  • Insightful 1

3 hours ago, Megan said:

LOL

I would pay to watch that scene! 

In saying that, I imaginedDH most would have priortised baby fox safety over most people.

• Like 1
  • LOL 2

who would you?
Kiss, Marry, Kill:

Kiss: Ye Hua (Yang Yang). I don’t want to marry him because living under such rules and nasty relatives sounds terrifying.

marry: Dong Hua. Can get romance; protection and freedom. Don’t worry. I would never break up DongFeng.

kill: Hmm...assuming all the nasty females got punished...um...I can’t think of anyone. I don’t like the idea of killing. Um...if I’m fishing...does that count as killing the fish since it is going to be cooked?

• LOL 3

5 hours ago, ChibiLy said:

I would pay to watch that scene! 

In saying that, I imaginedDH most would have priortised baby fox safety over most people.

Ditto! Baby fox pet > the bride :lol:

That would cement how legendary the nine-tailed fox clan is when it comes to allure, appeal, and attractiveness.

:glee:

• Like 2
  • Love 2

On 7/17/2020 at 8:35 PM, chsaf said:

Don't remember if this was posted before

:kisslevel:

Technically Shen Ye was the shadow. Xuanren was the mortal incarnation.

but more than that...imagine if Feng Jiu told Dong Hua the first person to taste it was Qingti...

• Like 2
  • LOL 3

10 minutes ago, Megan said:

Technically Shen Ye was the shadow. Xuanren was the mortal incarnation.

but more than that...imagine if Feng Jiu told Dong Hua the first person to taste it was Qingti...

Well wouldn't it actually be himself but ZH took all the credit... so he can be jealous at him self from the past. He can't blame anyone else lol SXR was the 5th one  QT was the 4th. LS was 2nd SM was 3rd.

• LOL 3

43 minutes ago, FoxontheMoon said:

Well wouldn't it actually be himself but ZH took all the credit... so he can be jealous at him self from the past. He can't blame anyone else lol SXR was the 5th one  QT was the 4th. LS was 2nd SM was 3rd.

I think they used a different colored pastry for that one though. Zhihe claimed credit for white and purple cakes. But Song Xuanren’s cakes were pink and yellow. Dong Hua wants to be the first to try each type of cake, but Song Xuanren came in second for that cake

• LOL 2

6 hours ago, Megan said:

Dong Hua wants to be the first to try each type of cake, but Song Xuanren came in second for that cake

He's that competitive when it comes to cakes, he can compete with himself. Hope the artist does another one with fox candies next time. Dong Hua would steal everyone's share of fox lollies. 

:sipsboba:

Now this is too funny, ranking the meanest of the mean in TMOPB and ELOD. There's debate on who should be on 5th rank, everyone agrees on Tianjun's inclusion in the toppers, and the top 3 can take each others' 1st to 3rd rank. :lol:

Comments are so funneehhh!

• LOL 2

4 hours ago, Megan said:

I think they used a different colored pastry for that one though. Zhihe claimed credit for white and purple cakes. But Song Xuanren’s cakes were pink and yellow. Dong Hua wants to be the first to try each type of cake, but Song Xuanren came in second for that cake

In the drama the cake was the same name it was just different color... since they were in the mortal realm...

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Ninky said:

Melbourne has been locked down to stage 4 restrictions with mask wearing in public now mandatory. So more forum time, no?

:hooray2:For us!

Not so great for you with the Lockdown. Hopefully you have all the mask that you need. 

16 hours ago, FoxontheMoon said:

I don't know why this reminds me of Vengo's farewell video for ELOD. If I remember right, he pretty much disregarded all competitions, because they weren't much of competitions.

As for SY, he was not included, because he was part of DH.

• Like 2

4 hours ago, Ninky said:

Melbourne has been locked down to stage 4 restrictions with mask wearing in public now mandatory. So more forum time, no?

So sorry to hear that. How are you BTW? Hope you and your family have enough supplies of masks, also sanitisers?

32 minutes ago, ChibiLy said:

As for SY, he was not included, because he was part of DH.

He was most jealous of SY though... ^_^

• Like 2
  • LOL 1

2 minutes ago, MayanEcho said:

So sorry to hear that. How are you BTW? Hope you and your family have enough supplies of masks, also sanitisers?

He was most jealous of SY though... ^_^

Making my own face masks with material meant for handbags hahaha! I am sensitive to alcohol in all sanitisers (i get allergic dermatitis) so I am reduced to hand washing often and using moisturisers.

• Like 3
  • Love 1