[Mainland Chinese Web Drama 2020] Three Lives Three Worlds The Pillow Book 三生三世枕上书

MayanEcho

4 hours ago, pawla said:

So he was cooking the sweet and sour fish for her? Was he trying to poison her? :lol: Maybe he thought after all those years his cooking skill has gotten better :lol:

Hahaha, I rather think it's a test of wills and wiliness. He knows she's hungry. He'd also like to see what can she do to his signature dish. Is she that hungry to eat it, or she'll do something about it? Whatever gives him the chance and time to catch her back in her human form.

:selfie:

Spoiler

I also think that whatever he did to FJ handkerchief, he'll also do to turned back to normal FJ - keep her close with him, cook for her his infamous sweet and sour fish, share his sleeping chamber and bed with her, bring her to Mt Fuyu to show off his Kung Fu skills. Grandpa was that smitten really. LOL. 

• Like 1
  • LOL 5

1 hour ago, MayanEcho said:

The Emperor and Qing Qiu Queen says hello! ELOD premieres in Malaysia from July 3rd Mon-Fri 7pm. B) 

The story of the former ruler of all realms and the only nine-tailed red fox sweetens the evenings of Malaysian folks.

I’m waiting for them to show in Singapore

• Like 4

I wish for 三生三世枕上书漫画. Don’t get me wrong, the picture book character profile pics were stunning...alas to my dismay, I had to admit the artwork of Jiheng was beautiful. The first profile pic of FJ showed her youth more prominently than her beauty. Other pics like Dong Hua putting her hairpin back really showed her beauty more because she doesn’t look so young then. And no offence,...to those who have the picture book....did anyone think that some pics made Dong Hua look...kinda fat? :blink:His robes were so flowy... 

but as Dong Hua said, she will become more beautiful as she grows older. And despite her youthfulness, she already is credited as second most beautiful woman. Jiheng doesn’t even make the top 3!

i wonder if there will be a manga sequel, if they will use the same manhua artist. I like her style because BQ and YH look gorgeous! But I wasn’t so impressed with her rendition of Feng Jiu, partly because of her hairstyle. Though her red fox drawing was SOOO CUTE!!!

Edited by Megan
  • LOL 2

19 hours ago, MayanEcho said:

Ah, but before walking off, she poured her heart to him when she thought he was Migu. I think DH found out that FJ is interesting on what she was talking about, before he even found out what she was known for and what she was infamous of.

I rather think DH is a good and patient listener. Though he was that uninvited blind date, others could have just interrupted her while she's talking of YQT, the white lotuses in the Pundarika pond, the collapsed dynasty at the mortal realm, and the Bifuchon tea from Su Moye. He had let her talk, and I gather he actually wanted to have quiet tea together with her, if only she stayed.

Excellent point. DH needs to be  especially when his wife can ramble on! I also admire how articulate DH is. He says just enough to get his point across. 

I think DH fell in love with FJ at first sight. When FJ, Ali and Siming were talking outside the the gate of Heavenly realm. What initially triggered DH's curiosity was how FJ seemed to know him well. Most would not know that DH likes to prank others, but there she was talking to Siming being bullied by DH. From there DH's interest grew and as soon as they made eye contact, that was it for him!

From there onwards, FJ turned into a mystery DH wanted to solve. FJ may seem mature from appearance, but he knew FJ has a mischievous side. The sneaking into the banquet with a pot plant, blaming Migu for the disturbance and pulling tricks on her blind dates deepened DH's curiosity. DH went and sat down at the table because he wanted to see what FJ would do next and FJ did not let him down! 

• Like 1
  • Love 2

To keep the conversation going, can I just say again how much I love that Dong Hua still felt heartache from his mortal trial until he met Xiao Bai again? Still disappointed he doesn’t recall the mortal trial memories because who knows if he would treat Qingti differently?

• Sad 2

20 hours ago, MayanEcho said:

Sixth meeting - captured handkerchief FJ. DH kept her close, made her sleep, cooked for her in the show, and bring her to bed to sleep beside him. LOL. When she fell asleep trying to leave, he turned her back to handkerchief. DH couldn't bear the thought of her father Bai Yi looking for a husband for her. :lol:

Seventh is their outing to Mt Fuyu to duel with Xiao Yan. There, DH "loses" the handkerchief to his "enemy". Six long months before he sees his interesting FJ. And finally, there, in Fanyin Valley, his beloved gives him the most unexpected kind of welcome hello, mwahahaha.

DH certainly make his dates with FJ memorable! 

It's interesting how DH only realised he was in love with FJ during the pimpo fruit competition. That meant, everything he did before hand was based on instinct. Some how he knew he had to chase away FJ's potential suitors and stick close to her at all cost.

17 hours ago, MayanEcho said:

Hahaha, I rather think it's a test of wills and wiliness. He knows she's hungry. He'd also like to see what can she do to his signature dish. Is she that hungry to eat it, or she'll do something about it? Whatever gives him the chance and time to catch her back in her human form.

:selfie:

Hide contents

I also think that whatever he did to FJ handkerchief, he'll also do to turned back to normal FJ - keep her close with him, cook for her his infamous sweet and sour fish, share his sleeping chamber and bed with her, bring her to Mt Fuyu to show off his Kung Fu skills. Grandpa was that smitten really. LOL. 

DH was unconsciously showing off his manliness to FJ! Too bad she was focused on XY's beautiful facial features haha.

3 hours ago, chsaf said:

Omg too hot! :lol: credit to owner.

That made my nose bleed!

2 hours ago, Megan said:

I wish for 三生三世枕上书漫画. Don’t get me wrong, the picture book character profile pics were stunning...alas to my dismay, I had to admit the artwork of Jiheng was beautiful. The first profile pic of FJ showed her youth more prominently than her beauty. Other pics like Dong Hua putting her hairpin back really showed her beauty more because she doesn’t look so young then. And no offence,...to those who have the picture book....did anyone think that some pics made Dong Hua look...kinda fat? :blink:His robes were so flowy... 

but as Dong Hua said, she will become more beautiful as she grows older. And despite her youthfulness, she already is credited as second most beautiful woman. Jiheng doesn’t even make the top 3!

i wonder if there will be a manga sequel, if they will use the same manhua artist. I like her style because BQ and YH look gorgeous! But I wasn’t so impressed with her rendition of Feng Jiu, partly because of her hairstyle. Though her red fox drawing was SOOO CUTE!!!

I find Vengo and Reba more handsome and beautiful compare to the drawings.

53 minutes ago, Megan said:

To keep the conversation going, can I just say again how much I love that Dong Hua still felt heartache from his mortal trial until he met Xiao Bai again? Still disappointed he doesn’t recall the mortal trial memories because who knows if he would treat Qingti differently?

It would have been interesting to see DH remember his mortal trial.

Actually, I think if DH did remember,  he would have been extra wary of Qingti. He most definitely been sent off to some random position and would be no where near FJ!

• Like 4
  • LOL 1
  • Love 1

3 hours ago, ChibiLy said:

Excellent point. DH needs to be  especially when his wife can ramble on! I also admire how articulate DH is. He says just enough to get his point across. 

I think DH fell in love with FJ at first sight. When FJ, Ali and Siming were talking outside the the gate of Heavenly realm. What initially triggered DH's curiosity was how FJ seemed to know him well. Most would not know that DH likes to prank others, but there she was talking to Siming being bullied by DH. From there DH's interest grew and as soon as they made eye contact, that was it for him!

From there onwards, FJ turned into a mystery DH wanted to solve. FJ may seem mature from appearance, but he knew FJ has a mischievous side. The sneaking into the banquet with a pot plant, blaming Migu for the disturbance and pulling tricks on her blind dates deepened DH's curiosity. DH went and sat down at the table because he wanted to see what FJ would do next and FJ did not let him down! 

DH's style of speech is short and concise. Likely from years of being the top guy, he gives precise and exact answers, orders, and commands that will never be misapprehended or misconstrued.

Ahahaha, poor Si Ming, he was "unfairly" accused of uhm, crying to others of DH's pranks. That's how I can interpret that two shoulder taps of DH as he went. 

From the wedding, DH is so attuned to FJ. His eyes followed her when she left while LS was reading the edict. At the Jiuchongtian gate, he listened in. Pretty sure if other people were caught talking about him he wouldn't be so curious, nor bother saying anything. But then, he's drawn to FJ, and couldn't resist knowing more about her. 

That FJ was basically running away from him intrigued him no end, and only whetted the fascination of DH with the Qing Qiu's young monarch.

DH, he has the instincts of a hunter. He pounced on FJ as soon as she got herself cornered from trying to elude him. At that point, he doesn't realize it yet, but he's already fallen for her, and wants her with him as intimately close as possible.

DH never minded the circulating rumours of him and FJ, in fact he fanned it further, because he himself likes so much the thought of him and her as a couple. 

DH has truly fallen in love with FJ from the very first sight.

:heart2:

• Like 4

Seeing the scene where Si Ming lets the fox see Dong Hua one last time, I can’t help thinking security is terrible. Seriously, impersonation and invisibility are known, and the Guards can’t even defend against that....

now I am going to eat salty seaweed to drown my anger at Dong Hua again for feeding Suo Ying at Feng Jiu’s terrace

Edited by Megan
  • LOL 1

2 hours ago, Megan said:

Still disappointed he doesn’t recall the mortal trial memories because who knows if he would treat Qingti differently?

This is one of the few things I don't like about the mortal arc. They didn't mention anything again about XJ and SXR. DH didn't try to find out about what really happened in the mortal world even though he knew SM gave him the fake story. 

2 hours ago, ChibiLy said:

Actually, I think if DH did remember,  he would have been extra wary of Qingti. He most definitely been sent off to some random position and would be no where near FJ!

He wouldn't be still in Tai Chen Palace when DH returned from the fight with ML :lol: 

DH has truly fallen in love with FJ from the very first sight.

FJ didn't believe him when he said he had fallen in love with her at first sight. Remember her reaction when she heard that :lol:

BTW, does anyone know why ELOD  episode 11 onward are for VIP? 

• Like 2
  • LOL 1

59 minutes ago, pawla said:

On which app? I know only ep 1 and 2 are available for free on WeTv, the rest are for VIPs.

2 hours ago, pawla said:

FJ didn't believe him when he said he had fallen in love with her at first sight. Remember her reaction when she heard that :lol:

Yep, she didn't. But true nonetheless, hehehe. 

All the ELOD episodes in my WeTV app are available for view. Are you re-watching via WeTV app?

It might be location based, that VIP restrictions are again applied.

2 hours ago, Megan said:

Seeing the scene where Si Ming lets the fox see Dong Hua one last time, I can’t help thinking security is terrible. Seriously, impersonation and invisibility are known, and the Guards can’t even defend against that....

now I am going to eat salty seaweed to drown my anger at Dong Hua again.... 

You have to consider the level of cultivation of the guards stationed to his palace against intruders. That responsibility falls on whoever is in charge of training the guards in Jiuchongtian.

The issues of security breaches due to impersonation and invisibility are not at all the fault of, nor can be blamed to DH. 

• Like 1

47 minutes ago, MayanEcho said:

Yep, she didn't. But true nonetheless, hehehe. 

All the ELOD episodes in my WeTV app are available for viewing. Are you re-watching, but not in the app before? 

You have to consider the level of cultivation of the guards stationed to his palace against intruders. That responsibility falls on whoever is in charge of training the guards in Jiuchongtian. The issues of security breaches due to impersonation and invisibility are not at all the fault of DH. 

Oh, I am not angry with Dong Hua about the Guards, I am angry because this is the scene where he feeds Suo Ying on the terrace he built for Feng Jiu.

5 minutes ago, Megan said:

Oh, I am not angry with Dong Hua about the Guards, I am angry because this is the scene where he feeds Suo Ying on the terrace he built for Feng Jiu.

I'm puzzled. Why should DH feeding the animal make you angry? And though he built the pavillion for FJ, can't others not go there too?

• Like 1

2 hours ago, pawla said:

On WeTV. Why are they became VIP again? 

The episodes are free only for a certain period. After that you must upgrade to VIP to watch. WeTv wants money from us, also maybe like @MayanEcho said the restrictions vary from one country to another. For me I can only view ep 1 and 2. :crymeme:

• Like 1
  • Sad 2

1 minute ago, chsaf said:

The episodes are free only for a certain period. After that you must upgrade to VIP to watch. WeTv wants money from us.

Oh. Still free for me, but then it can be because I've downloaded in-app the episodes before for offline viewing. :neutral: 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, MayanEcho said:

Oh. Still free for me, but then it can be because I've downloaded in-app the episodes before for offline viewing. :neutral: 

I downloaded the series from another website because it has both Chinese and English subtitles. I didn't download from WeTv international cos they had only English subtitles (for most episodes I think). 

Actually, on WeTv international app I can view all episodes but on WeTv China app only episode 1 and 2. That's so weird. :o

• Like 1

1 minute ago, chsaf said:

I downloaded the series from another website because it has both Chinese and English subtitles. I didn't download from WeTv international cos they had only English subtitles (for most episodes I think). 

Actually, on WeTv international app I can view all episodes but on WeTv China app only episode 1 and 2. That's so weird. :o

Oh. I'm using the international app version. I even checked just now via web watching, and all are available even without logging in.

Spoiler

Woot. From which site you downloaded? PM please :lol: The OC in me wanted all the eps to be uniform, and some of what I have has English translation only.

• Love 1

I'm puzzled. Why should DH feeding the animal make you angry? And though he built the pavillion for FJ, can't others not go there too?

this was FJ’s pavilion. Of course she would not want JH there. And while Suoying was being fed expensive mushrooms, he hadn’t even fed Feng Jiu yet. He didn’t even know she had gone and it was as if he had replaced her already.

i know he loved his pet fox, but that scene just irks me.

Edited by Megan
  • LOL 1