[Mainland Chinese Web Drama 2020] Three Lives Three Worlds The Pillow Book 三生三世枕上书

MayanEcho

1 hour ago, Ninky said:

The drama Bai Yi’s actions made no sense, it was poor writing there. He knew she was drunk. The marriage contract is no laughing matter. She signed it when she was not lucid. 

I prefer the book version of the Cang Yi fiasco. At least its more direct as in he literally tied her up and put her into the marriage sedan.

Remember not to mix up book and drama events. Noticed many people beginning to blur the two.

Guessing it's perhaps due to the book and drama adaptation availability, the posting would sometimes be either about what was read or watched without refering from which. ^_^

As a rule and habit(to myself), I found it prudent and would often distinguish either by direct quotation, précis, and paraphrase through inclusion of the book volume and pages, or the episode number in the series adaptation.

When it's already established which material source is referred to in the thread and previous post, that's when I don't. :)

Re Bai Yi, he's not portrayed so well in either ELOD or TMOPB. The actor's fine, the script not so much - he was strict as a "trademark". In the book, his father moments with FJ is more often than not implied, in contrast to his methods of disciplining the daughter. For example, FJ's sword dance against ML.

Donghua leaned on his palm as he watched Fengjiu flit and fly like a white butterfly in the petal rain. This was the first time he saw her complete sword dance. It was said her swordsmanship was learned from her father Bai Yi. If he remembered correctly, Bai Yi's swordsmanship was known for its tenacity. But she had demonstrated it much more gently. Each movement was exquisitely graceful; her composure and poise were also quite good. To be able to duel against Miao Luo, who was created from the Huiming Realm, at her age and cultivation could be seen as a rarity. (PB1, p226)

• Like 2

Here is a reply from Tang Qi to a book fan who asked her why she ended The Pillow Book with the inhumane  “Gun Gun, I am your Father Lord.”

Author
呃,我原来这么坏的吗?可你不觉得那才是最真实最合适的结局吗?滚滚我是你父君,好像确实不太人道,但是当时主要考虑菩提劫里会继续,毕竟被昆仑虚封印的三毒浊息还得靠帝君老人家恢复之后在菩提劫里继续。就是没料到菩提劫到现在还没来得及写ᶘ ͡°ᴥ͡°ᶅ

Oh, was I such a bad person? But don’t you feel that the ending is a suitably realistic one? Although “Gun Gun , I am your Father Lord” appears to be very inhumane, but at the point of writing, I considered that Bodhi Fate will be continuing the saga, after all the Three Poison Miasma sealed by Kun Lun will still rely on Di Jun, the old man, after he fully recovers to continue dealing with it in Bodhi Fate. But I did not expect Bodhi Fate to still be unwritten till now.

———

So basically, this means we will see all the immortals including those who recently awakened (hint: Zu Ti, Shao Wan, Xie Ming) dealing with it together with Dong Hua. Ultimately Bodhi Fate should be the book that tie up all the loose ends from the first three books. 

And Tang Qi said she will never kill off Di Jun in her lifetime so we can rest assured we will get a HEA for every couple that were written about in the 3L3W universe. Now that makes me even more excited about all the upcoming novels.

She has also confirmed several times that she will be writing 2 more single volume books after Bodhi Fate in this universe. Those books will be Xie Gu Chou and Xiang Yun’s story and Xie Hua Lou and Yan Chi Wu’s story. 

• Like 3
  • Awesome 1

6 hours ago, Ninky said:

...after all the Three Poison Miasma sealed by Kun Lun will still rely on Di Jun, the old man, after he fully recovers to continue dealing with it in Bodhi Fate. But I did not expect Bodhi Fate to still be unwritten till now.

And by this, I am guessing that the Bodhi Fate timeline is around a thousand years after DH and FJ reconciled. :) 

I am basing that from what I remember on DH's fully recovering his cultivation, which will be 500 years of continuous seclusion/deep sleep, or 1000 years if he secludes a few months every year. 

DH chose the longer route because he doesn't want to miss any more of the childhood years of BGG.:heart:

• Like 1

10 hours ago, Ninky said:

Here is a reply from Tang Qi to a book fan who asked her why she ended The Pillow Book with the inhumane  “Gun Gun, I am your Father Lord.”

Author
呃,我原来这么坏的吗?可你不觉得那才是最真实最合适的结局吗?滚滚我是你父君,好像确实不太人道,但是当时主要考虑菩提劫里会继续,毕竟被昆仑虚封印的三毒浊息还得靠帝君老人家恢复之后在菩提劫里继续。就是没料到菩提劫到现在还没来得及写ᶘ ͡°ᴥ͡°ᶅ

Oh, was I such a bad person? But don’t you feel that the ending is a suitably realistic one? Although “Gun Gun , I am your Father Lord” appears to be very inhumane, but at the point of writing, I considered that Bodhi Fate will be continuing the saga, after all the Three Poison Miasma sealed by Kun Lun will still rely on Di Jun, the old man, after he fully recovers to continue dealing with it in Bodhi Fate. But I did not expect Bodhi Fate to still be unwritten till now.

———

So basically, this means we will see all the immortals including those who recently awakened (hint: Zu Ti, Shao Wan, Xie Ming) dealing with it together with Dong Hua. Ultimately Bodhi Fate should be the book that tie up all the loose ends from the first three books. 

And Tang Qi said she will never kill off Di Jun in her lifetime so we can rest assured we will get a HEA for every couple that were written about in the 3L3W universe. Now that makes me even more excited about all the upcoming novels.

She has also confirmed several times that she will be writing 2 more single volume books after Bodhi Fate in this universe. Those books will be Xie Gu Chou and Xiang Yun’s story and Xie Hua Lou and Yan Chi Wu’s story. 

I hope the book comes out soon so when they adopt it into a drama Vengo and Reba can re take their roles to continue it! Can't wait

• Like 2

5 hours ago, MayanEcho said:

And by this, I am guessing that the Bodhi Fate timeline is around a thousand years after DH and FJ reconciled. :) 

I am basing that from what I remember on DH's fully recovering his cultivation, which will be 500 years of continuous seclusion/deep sleep, or 1000 years if he secludes a few months every year. 

DH chose the longer route because he doesn't want to miss any more of the childhood years of BGG.:heart:

Maybe more than 1,000 years after as Bodhi Fate starts when Shao Wan awakens.

There is a hint in the last one shot she wrote for Pillow Book. That one shot starts with A Long Long time after, Shao Wan awakens.

Though by that time Shao Wan and Zu Ti will be around and maybe Xie Ming. More than one ancient god to share ideas with. SW and ZT are besties, and SW and DH are also besties.

There must be a reason why TQ dwelt into the past in the book as Shao Wan recalls her memories. Don’t forget certain people are in them.

My guess is Bodhi Fate might be switched to third person pov instead of first person as both The Pillow Book and Lotus Step are both written in third.

• Like 2
  • Insightful 1

1 hour ago, Ninky said:

Maybe more than 1,000 years after as Bodhi Fate starts when Shao Wan awakens.

There is a hint in the last one shot she wrote for Pillow Book. That one shot starts with A Long Long time after, Shao Wan awakens.

Though by that time Shao Wan and Zu Ti will be around and maybe Xie Ming. More than one ancient god to share ideas with. SW and ZT are besties, and SW and DH are also besties.

There must be a reason why TQ dwelt into the past in the book as Shao Wan recalls her memories. Don’t forget certain people are in them.

@Ninky How are you doing?

I'm quite sure SW will also be besties with FJ. I mean, with who FJ is bosom buddies with. :) And pretty sure SW knows bestie DH so well that he'll only choose a wife who matches his personality, someone he can be partners with in trolling. Someone SW will also be happy to spend time with as well. ^_^ 

Uhm, SW might turn out to be another "love rival" for DH, aside from BGG and Ali. :lol:

I'm assuming that YH and BQ might not have much presence either in the immortal arc of Lotus Steps, but they will be in Bodhi Steps as MY is his brother and her former master.

I'm speculating too that there's the possibility that Xie Ming and SW will be awakened or roused in the last chapters or epilogue of Lotus Steps. Though it isn't Zu Ti or Xie Ming in mortal arc, its very interesting that the immortal the Water God woke up is his

Spoiler

Love rival. :P

• Like 2

5 hours ago, MayanEcho said:

@Ninky How are you doing?

I'm quite sure SW will also be besties with FJ. I mean, with who FJ is bosom buddies with. :) And pretty sure SW knows bestie DH so well that he'll only choose a wife who matches his personality, someone he can be partners with in trolling. Someone SW will also be happy to spend time with as well. ^_^ 

Uhm, SW might turn out to be another "love rival" for DH, aside from BGG and Ali. :lol:

I'm assuming that YH and BQ might not have much presence either in the immortal arc of Lotus Steps, but they will be in Bodhi Steps as MY is his brother and her former master.

I'm speculating too that there's the possibility that Xie Ming and SW will be awakened or roused in the last chapters or epilogue of Lotus Steps. Though it isn't Zu Ti or Xie Ming in mortal arc, its very interesting that the immortal the Water God woke up is his

Hide contents

Love rival. :P

I mean you can guess the trajectory of the story. Tang Qi had already mentioned that Lian Song will have many love rivals and not necessarily the opposite gender either. 

Lian Song will regret his decisions, I can tell ya.

• Like 1
  • LOL 1

13 minutes ago, Ninky said:

I mean you can guess the trajectory of the story. Tang Qi had already mentioned that Lian Song will have many love rivals and not necessarily the opposite gender either. 

Lian Song will regret his decisions, I can tell ya.

Lian Song, from mortal realm to immortal realm and even Netherworld, collected all kinds of enemies. :phew:

One barbecued dragon water god about to be served, thy name is Lian Song.

:tightdeadline:

• Like 1

Does anyone know in total how many tracks did ELOD release on the OST? when I was browsing on youtube there seem to be 9 more tracks that I dont have the album that have. I had only 28 tracks in total. When I search online I cant seem to find a list of it of a full album to even download... getting confused here LOL

• Like 2

1 hour ago, MayanEcho said:

Lian Song, from mortal realm to immortal realm and even Netherworld, collected all kinds of enemies. :phew:

One barbecued dragon water god about to be served, thy name is Lian Song.

:tightdeadline:

Not the enemies but that curse.... ohhh lala

:highonflowers:

• Like 1
  • LOL 1

32 minutes ago, Ninky said:

Not the enemies but that curse.... ohhh lala

The later chapters of the mortal arc is one adventure after another. And the unfolding story between a goddess, her friend (eh, but he's more like a colleague), then the fated one for the goddess - ohhh lala indeed.

:selfie2:

34 minutes ago, MoonPrincess said:

Does anyone know in total how many tracks did ELOD release on the OST? when I was browsing on youtube there seem to be 9 more tracks that I dont have the album that have. I had only 28 tracks in total. When I search online I cant seem to find a list of it of a full album to even download... getting confused here LOL

The other tracks could be the following:

1. Fox Blinks version 1

2. Fox Blinks version 2

3. Fox Blinks instrumental

4. Heart Desire at Peace instrumental

5. Book of Fate instrumental

6. The Pillow Book

7. The Pillow Book instrumental

There should be total 35 of OST and BGM, although note that Fox Blinks were for promotion and The Pillow Book was for the radio play of the novel.

Note also that the opening and closing OST have instrumental versions played a few times in the drama, but not officially released.

• Like 2

34 minutes ago, MayanEcho said:

The later chapters of the mortal arc is one adventure after another. And the unfolding story between a goddess, her friend (eh, but he's more like a colleague), then the fated one for the goddess - ohhh lala indeed.

:selfie2:

The other tracks could be the following:

1. Fox Blinks version 1

2. Fox Blinks version 2

3. Fox Blinks instrumental

4. Heart Desire at Peace instrumental

5. Book of Fate instrumental

6. The Pillow Book

7. The Pillow Book instrumental

There should be total 35 of OST and BGM, although note that Fox Blinks were for promotion and The Pillow Book was for the radio play of the novel.

Note also that the opening and closing OST have instrumental versions played a few times in the drama, but not officially released.

All the one that you mentioned i already have i think its 7 BGM that I dont have and the youtube video has lol  (first 7 on the video)

and I did find the opening and closing instrument theme on youtube I am assuming it must be released somewhere

Opening

Closing

• Like 3
  • Awesome 1

33 minutes ago, MoonPrincess said:

and I did find the opening and closing instrument theme on youtube I am assuming it must be released somewhere

It wasn't, as far as I know. Nonetheless, thanks so much for the links for the instrumental versions of the opening and closing OST. 

33 minutes ago, MoonPrincess said:

All the one that you mentioned i already have i think its 7 BGM that I dont have and the youtube video has lol  (first 7 on the video)

The 7 you mentioned were released later as a second batch. Sadly, there are at least 5 BGM that aren't officially released yet...and at least three were used a lot of times in the drama.

• Like 2

53 minutes ago, MayanEcho said:

It wasn't, as far as I know. Nonetheless, thanks so much for the links for the instrumental versions of the opening and closing OST. 

The 7 you mentioned were released later as a second batch. Sadly, there are at least 5 BGM that aren't officially released yet...and at least three were used a lot of times in the drama.

what are the other 5 that wasn't release yet? I feel like there are trying to kill us here lol first the 4 cut ep then the unrelease BGM... lol

• Like 2
  • LOL 1

13 hours ago, MoonPrincess said:

what are the other 5 that wasn't release yet? I feel like there are trying to kill us here lol first the 4 cut ep then the unrelease BGM... lol

Uhm, the first few minutes of Ep38 has unreleased BGMs... :lol: Joking aside, two or three as I remember from this episode itself. 

Then there are variants of official BGMs that aren't released like that of Snow Pile Practice, or the DH FJ Sword Dance.

• Like 2

6 minutes ago, chsaf said:

Don't remember if this was posted before

The artist just finished it, hehehe! :D

@ChibiLy Hope this would mean some love like The Untamed. Special edition episodes please! ^_^ 

4 hours ago, Megan said:

Question: when Dong Hua agreed to Zhihe’s exile, do you think he did it more for her education and discipline, or because he disliked having to take care of women who fancy him?

Discipline for a blatant lawbreaker. The other one is what he dished to JH in later episodes, also in the book. :lol:

DH mentioned it himself in the wedding fiasco at EP7 - Zhi He is guilty of deceiving His Majesty. That's also why Si Ming asked ZL to call Tianjun, to which the heavenly lord also said he will give a proper response of what happened to Di Jun. ZH did a serious crime according to their laws.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Question: and I hope this doesn’t come across as racist or whatnot, but I’m confused about Diliraba being both Uyghur and Chinese. Like does it mean her ancestors were originally Turkish but then immigrated to China? Is Diliraba Chinese based on nationality only? :huh: