[Mainland Chinese Web Drama 2020] Three Lives Three Worlds The Pillow Book 三生三世枕上书

MayanEcho

17 minutes ago, Zelnk said:

@Yori Ten personally, no movie should be made, for tmopb movie, yeah the leads are so eye candy but it is so weird to cramp 58 episodes to a mere few hours.  

If they make a movie for elod, even if the lead actors are good, it still be lacking.....maybe they should just make a special edition for elod series instead of a movie :D maybe dhdj story when he was young :D or those outtakes lolz

I really dont give a damn to those rabid fans, they could harp all they want. They should respect the artists work. Geez, dont they have their own personal problems to deals with.  I hope V or R would not be restricted anymore with their shenanigans.

Unlikely to get DH’s youth story on screen as TQ won’t give that right as she has yet to complete her books yet. As we know we will see young DH in the 4th story, Bodhi Fate. 

• Like 6
  • Insightful 4

42 minutes ago, ipohtown said:

Yes... please! please! No other than Reba and Vengo are suitable for this role. They are perfect!

in terms of chemistry, affections, heights, etc... 

all compatible for the FJ and DH roles. 

Movie unlikely, tmopb movie had terrible reviews. The ending was so open, people hated it. Also 2 books condensed into movie is stretching it. Even more scenes will end on the cutting floor.

• Like 4

4 minutes ago, Ninky said:

Movie unlikely, tmopb movie had terrible reviews. The ending was so open, people hated it. Also 2 books condensed into movie is stretching it. Even more scenes will end on the cutting floor.

So true, I was kinda excited to watch tmopb movie, was greatly disappointed though, if i had not watched the series, i think i would have difficulty understanding the movie.

• Like 3

@Yori Ten Those fans are very ridiculous. They really care for their idol, they should not hold him/her back with projects and opportunities. Their idols aren't their possessions. Though it's good to have support, in the end these artists are the ones who are putting the effort in their crafts to provide worthy entertainment.

Should there be a movie adaptation, though we already love Reba and Vengo, if it's them reprising their role, the script might have to focus on a story that will seem as if it's the conclusion of the series. It will be a tall task for the scriptwriter.

Personally, I would open the movie with DH's exploits to become ruler of all realms that FJ as a student studies. Touch the DH saving FJ from tiger, but FJ doesn't go to Taichen as maid. It would be FJ visiting CY or SM, then overhears DH fights with XY, and she goes there to assist DH, but turned into a fairy fox. 

It might be possible to remove some scenes, but it's really hard to compress three lives into 2hr or so movie.

If the roles are played by others, then hopefully it will be someone who looks so good in white hair, and someone who can do the innocent and foxy charm at once.

• Like 7

15 minutes ago, MayanEcho said:

@Yori Ten Those fans are very ridiculous. They really care for their idol, they should not hold him/her back with projects and opportunities. Their idols aren't their possessions. Though it's good to have support, in the end these artists are the ones who are putting the effort in their crafts to provide worthy entertainment.

Should there be a movie adaptation, though we already love Reba and Vengo, if it's them reprising their role, the script might have to focus on a story that will seem as if it's the conclusion of the series. It will be a tall task for the scriptwriter.

Personally, I would open the movie with DH's exploits to become ruler of all realms that FJ as a student studies. Touch the DH saving FJ from tiger, but FJ doesn't go to Taichen as maid. It would be FJ visiting CY or SM, then overhears DH fights with XY, and she goes there to assist DH, but turned into a fairy fox. 

It might be possible to remove some scenes, but it's really hard to compress three lives into 2hr or so movie.

If the roles are played by others, then hopefully it will be someone who looks so good in white hair, and someone who can do the innocent and foxy charm at once.

At someone has mentioned above, I also feel a movie won’t work. Furthermore, Tang Qi has retracted her IP rights and/or expired them. She is now very careful with these now because of the uproar over TMOPB and the plagiarism issue. Recently she has sued a communications company for libel because they kept saying derogatory things about TMOPB.

More info on this below at Tang Qi’s Weibo:

https://m.weibo.cn/1578282541/4407289421266211

People will feel that the DH in their heart is Vengo. I think everyone preferred Mark Chao over the movie lead based on what I read everywhere.

• Insightful 8

11 minutes ago, Wuzetian said:

Thanks for the link. But I find it a bit too fast in narration and the loud BGM. Couldn't really catch the gist of it. Any translation? Though I've figured out the middle part was describing all of his love rivals :D

At least you could figure out a thing or two...

me... zero! Haha... :smirk:
I’m going to take up chinese language, so I can understand Chinese drama better!!:yum:

• Like 1
  • LOL 3

15 minutes ago, Ninky said:

People will feel that the DH in their heart is Vengo. I think everyone preferred Mark Chao over the movie lead based on what I read everywhere.

My friend's husband described the movie as crappy, even if he likes the lead actor and actress, because he thinks the story was too squeezed in. He liked the visual effects though, but felt it wasn't enough to save the movie. He said the series was way better. He too said Mark Chao was fine, but for BQ, he prefers the movie actress.

• Like 4

I’m in two minds about the movie. I was introduced to the 3L3W universe on the plane where the movie was one of the VOD options. I always had Netflix but never bothered to watch TMOPB as I couldn’t get past episode one of Ashes of Love (?). I watched the movie, got a gist of the story which piqued my interest and led me to the TV version of TMOPB (watched only the first two eps as I found the Siyin part so boring zzz) and then ELOD. One thing led to another and now I’m back at TMOPB. So it may be good for exposure and an introduction. However I would personally dread watching it (regardless of cast) as it is sure to become super condensed. I’m still sitting on the fence for this one I guess. Also, much as I would love for Vengo and Reba to reprise their roles, after their wonderful portrayal in the series, I think they should move on and not keep milking the cow dry as there is no small disappointment, only huge let downs if the movie flops. 

• Like 4

7 minutes ago, MayanEcho said:

My friend's husband described the movie as crappy, even if he likes the lead actor and actress, because he thinks the story was too squeezed in. He liked the visual effects though, but felt it wasn't enough to save the movie. He said the series was way better. He too said Mark Chao was fine, but for BQ, he prefers the movie actress.

The movie actress will be acting in Disney’s Mulan as Mulan.

• Like 5

I’d just leave 3L3W for a bit with ELOD’a viewership success to allow the writer to finish writing the rest of the series. There are more opportunities for more 3L3W stories to be made in a series then. The two series made many people aware of her work.

• Like 5

Rather than do the ELOD movie, maybe another movie or series in the future (but this probably will never happen):sweatingbullets:.

On another note, I was loling when even the switch game animal crossing has DJ lookalike

• LOL 8

5 minutes ago, Ninky said:

The movie actress will be acting in Disney’s Mulan as Mulan.

Yup, same actress, which makes me more excited for watching live action Mulan. LOL, I was so waiting for March 2020 last year! Too bad cinemas are closed now, and the movie is also not being shown for the meantime. 

• Like 3

On 3/23/2020 at 1:33 PM, Yori Ten said:

:warning:ALERT! ALERT! :warning:

Please note that the following translation is from a recent circulating posts on Weibo about a leaked script from Eternal Love of Dream. The scene we have translated took place after the bathtub scene in Aranya's dream when they were both in bed.

Source : @Yori Ten

Translator : @Ninky

Actual scene from ELoD as per the leaked script is as follow:

洞房篇

容遗失的绝世宝物一般。
东华将凤九脑后的长发轻柔地拔开。
凤九身上的纱裙纱衣随着东华的手滑下肩头,凤九颤了一颤。
东华轻轻地吻在凤九光裸的肩上。
东华的手从荣不迫地滑到凤九身前,解开纱袍的结带, 滑入贴身的长裙,抚过每一寸肌肤。
凤九受不住地喘吸,伸手想拦住东华的手指,却使不出一丝力气。
凤九刚要拒绝, 唇已被东华封住。东华凶猛地舔吻噬咬, 凤九有些喘不过气。
凤九一只手抵在东华赤裸的胸前, 一只手攀住他的肩。
凤九伸手触及东华坚硬温暧的胸膛,无意识地用手魔挲。东华在凤九腰腹部脊背处轻柔抚弄的手指加大了力道,吻得更深。
凤九娇柔地喘息着,紧闭双眼。东华的喘息近在耳畔,手指还在身体轻轻拂过。
凤九突然想起什么,停止动作。
东华汗湿的额头低着凤九的额头。
东华:怎么了?
凤九:你淋了雨,不是头还晕着吗?
东华的手揽过凤九的腰,沙哑着嗓子。
东华:不管了。

Consummation Scene

Treating Feng Jiu like a rare precious treasure.

Dong Hua gently slides Feng Jiu hair to one side from behind her.

Feng Jiu’s robe follows Dong Hua’s hand as it slides down her shoulder. She shivers.

Dong Hua kisses Feng Jiu’s naked shoulder.

Gliding his hands confidently to her waist and untying her sash, Dong Hua slides his hands into her robe, touching every inch of her skin.

Overwhelming feelings consume Feng Jiu, she breathes erratically, stretching her hand to stop Dong Hua’s roaming fingers yet her hands could not find the strength to do so.

Feng Jiu intends to refuse his advances, but Dong Hua seals her lips with a kiss. With Dong Hua kissing her aggressively, biting and licking her, she struggles to breathe.

Feng Jiu places one hand in front of Dong Hua’s naked chest, and presses one hand onto his shoulder.

Without any awareness, she stretches her hand out onto Dong Hua’s warm chest and massages it. Dong Hua’s kisses deepen, his roaming hands on her waist and spine moving with increasing pressure.

Breathing delicately and softly, Feng Jiu closes her eyes tightly. With his breath close to her ears, Dong Hua glides his fingers delicately on her body.

Suddenly, Feng Jiu stops her actions as something crosses her mind.

Dong Hua places his sweat drenched forehead onto Feng Jiu’s.

Dong Hua: What’s wrong?

Feng Jiu: You were drenched by the rain, don’t you feel dizzy?

Embracing her waist tightly, his voice hoarse.

Dong Hua: I don’t care.

We do not know if this scene were ever filmed or filmed and cut, revised and reshoot etc.. Do note that scripts can be written but it is also up to the director's and actor's prerogative to follow or otherwise.

What we do know is, we didn't ask for this:
PQm0yY1.gif

My innocent mind :joy::naughty:

• Like 1
  • Naughty 2
  • LOL 3

33 minutes ago, Ninky said:

Just found out something that tickled me. Watched a bts interview on Weibo, Vengo said the fox shaped candy were made of glass....jeez :D

Lol, I can believe that, it is too crystal clear to be real sugar, even the special sugar that confectioners use that looks glasslike still has a lot of air bubbles/imperfections.

• Like 4