[Mainland Chinese Web Drama 2020] Three Lives Three Worlds The Pillow Book 三生三世枕上书

MayanEcho

16 minutes ago, MayanEcho said:

Yup, same actress, which makes me more excited for watching live action Mulan. LOL, I was so waiting for March 2020 last year! Too bad cinemas are closed now, and the movie is also not being shown for the meantime. 

Cinemas closed here in Australia as well.

• Like 3

5 minutes ago, LaxClyne said:

So the fox candies were fake? But the other drawing sugar candies must be real? I kinda adore Dilraba eating eat and she and Vengo had a 'cheers' moment with these candy in one of the BTS.

the drawing ones should be real.

• Like 4

2 hours ago, Yori Ten said:

Whispers going on Weibosphere...

20200324-194826.png

20200324-194905.png

ELoD movie version. This is not new, the movie version has been talked about since the end of TMOPB an onto the planning stages of ELoD drama adaptation. However, with the conclusion of ELoD, some fans are turning their hopes to see the film version materializing.

However, the big question is, which actor and actress will have the courage to take up the role of DHDJ and BFJ?  Majority of the fans have said that if V and R does not reprise their roles, the movie version should never be made. 

Another problem fans can anticipate is the animosity of rabid fans towards this particular pairing. The V + R pairing has received a lot of backlash from certain fanbase of the actress. The Single Fan fanbase - fan who are only in one fandom and does not support shipping. The R + other actor CP fanbse - fan who ships Reba only with actor of their own choice.

With quite a big hurdle in front of the movie version, fans are hoping that unless the production team remains and the leads are kept, they would rather the movie version never see the light of the day.

Then if V and D will never be in this Movie, better not release it. 

• Like 6

15 minutes ago, janine Ang said:

IP from author has expired. In fact it almost expired for the ELOD production.

It’s the reason why the Ji Heng actress, who owned the original production rights to it agreed to let this production go ahead with Dilraba and Vengo as lead.

So I think this movie won’t even get to production. That’s why talk about this movie has dwindled and then now resurrected because of the series. Fact is IP rights have expired. I know I sound unsupportive of the movie but given how TMOPB movie fared (badly) it won’t work to cramp so much content into a 3 hour movie.

As it is, people are already complaining about cut content in a 56 episode long series. 

• Like 5

I never ship drama/movie pairings in real life. Remember the Twilight movies. I told my friend who shipped Robert Pattinson and Kristen Stewart that they will only last as long as the series is at its peak.

Sure enough, it happened.

it’s a form of marketing for the shows if people ship the couple in real life. Which in the case of Twilight led to all the craziness of the fandom. :blush:

Those chinese rabid fans are scary. Just who do they think they are to interfere in their stars private life. Which is why they would rather keep mum about their love life.

Having said that, it’d be nice if several years down the track they do end up together. By then it’d be an honest relationship :blush:. While rare, its not impossible for ships to sail.

• Like 11

23 minutes ago, janine Ang said:

i always have liked to see different versions of my favorite books so honestly I wouldn't Mind to watch it , since it's a movie it should be a different way to tell the story than the series of course there is less time in a film so  there is a higher risk to richard simmons the story like they did with TMOPB movie , if vengo and reba cant be there I would prefer a different couple of actors I couldn't stand vengo or reba with other actor playing donghua or fengjiu

To me its Like pride and prejudice , I love the book and there have been several adaptations and I like to watch them because is a chance to see the same story in a different way , the best to me is the 1995 BBC serie the lead played the character look the book and have amazing chemistry the script was wonderful but the 2005 movie is also good the lead actors when I see and adaptation that I don't like , it doesn't matter I return to see my favorite version and that's it , we are lucky to have the story with vengo and reba so if there is a movie and is not that good we can return to them wherever we want!!

• Like 8

I am just going to thank my lucky stars ELOD was made. Tang Qi retracted IP for another book of hers. I was looking forward to that show too but didn’t materialise. So we are very lucky ELOD went ahead. :)

• Like 10
  • Awesome 1
  • Insightful 1

You know what the ELOD movie should be about? A continuation of DH and FJ's story in TMOPB :joy: I love their story in ELOD more, duh but I do have to say that the one in TMOPB still holds a certain appeal to me. But only if Vengo and Reba reprise their roles haha

• Like 7
  • LOL 3

50 minutes ago, Ninky said:

I am just going to thank my lucky stars ELOD was made. Tang Qi retracted IP for another book of hers. I was looking forward to that show too but didn’t materialise. So we are very lucky ELOD went ahead. :)

Lucky indeed. Even more, due to expiring IP, that Vengo and Reba were again tapped to play DH and FJ. These two beautiful people really gave justice to their roles. :)

• Like 6

7 minutes ago, stonyfox said:

You know what the ELOD movie should be about? A continuation of DH and FJ's story in TMOPB :joy: I love their story in ELOD more, duh but I do have to say that the one in TMOPB still holds a certain appeal to me. But only if Vengo and Reba reprise their roles haha

I wishhh too :love:. True it has an appeal of its own, I love them there first :heart: And V and D only too. I guess its just still lacking a bit for lovers of DH x FJ in TMOPB...  We have 56 ep of ELOD to love... But .. still? :joy:  Im just so in love with these two:heart: I could only wish that two version has happy ending. In my dreamss:relaxed::joy:

• Like 5
  • LOL 2

2 hours ago, LaxClyne said:

I wishhh too :love:. True it has an appeal of its own, I love them there first :heart: And V and D only too. I guess its just still lacking a bit for lovers of DH x FJ in TMOPB...  We have 56 ep of ELOD to love... But .. still? :joy:  Im just so in love with these two:heart: I could only wish that two version has happy ending. In my dreamss:relaxed::joy:

Right? I still need closure :joy: call me greedy but I want more Dongfeng!

• Like 1
  • LOL 5
  • Love 1

6 hours ago, ipohtown said:

At least you could figure out a thing or two...

me... zero! Haha... :smirk:
I’m going to take up chinese language, so I can understand Chinese drama better!!:yum:

I am actually learning Chinese so I don't have to depend on translations and eng sub! Just for my love of dramas haha! 

Jia you! 

• Like 5

Rewatching the drama & these are 10 moments from the drama I love seeing (no particular order or rank):

1. FJ eavesdropping on Siming's gossiping about her w/ LS.

2. FJ scaring away her blind dates, and then being polite to DJ, who she thought was another suitor :joy:

3. Any scene with YQT in the mortal realm arc.

4. Ali begging Zheyan to help retrieve the handkerchief (unsuccesfully)

5. The first time DH calls FJ "Xiao Bai" as she falls into Fanyin Valley

6. Any time XY calls DH " ice face"

7. FJ breaking the pine branch, to demonstrate what will happen to DH.

8. FJ probing for more embarrassing stuff that DH did to win her back.

9. XY/FJ conversation right before she runs away after learning the wrong person got caught in her trap. Those two are such knuckleheads together, seriously they lower each other's IQ, which I see as a sign of good friendship :joy:

10. Any time DH gives a tight lipped smile, nothing good is coming (adding layers to the ward, forcing SMY to take care of FJ,  having him make the magic artifact)

• Like 5
  • LOL 7

10 minutes ago, Barbedflower said:

I am actually learning Chinese so I don't have to depend on translations and eng sub! Just for my love of dramas haha! 

Jia you! 

I'm regretting dropping Mandarin when I was in college, I had too much on my plate, and it wasn't necessary to graduate. But the memorization of characters made my brain hurt. My Pinyin was great LOL.

• Like 4
  • LOL 4

All good things come to an end....sigh. Waiting for Lotus step and Bodhi fate. btw, did you guys notice there are already 20+ something chapters released of Lotus step? I have read a few chapters with google translate, but that was just...weird. 

Can't wait for both stories though, I'm quite interested in MY. I know some people loated the first episodes of TMOPB and skipped those parts in the novel, but I really feel MY's character was underated. He deserves more! Thank heavens he will have his own book!

Once again, thank you to those who have been translating the side/extra stories etc!! Can't really thank you enough... 

Is it perhaps an idea to make a separe topic or a "sticky post" where all translated material can be found?

It may be helpful for people who don't obsessively (no offence to anyone- I'm one of you :P)  read this topic. 

• Like 8

1 hour ago, SilverDawn said:

Is it perhaps an idea to make a separe topic or a "sticky post" where all translated material can be found?

It may be helpful for people who don't obsessively (no offence to anyone- I'm one of you :P)  read this topic. 

Let me ask the Mod how this can be done. Thanks for the suggestion -  the thought has struck me before as well.

• Like 7