[Mainland Chinese Web Drama 2020] Three Lives Three Worlds The Pillow Book 三生三世枕上书

MayanEcho

53 minutes ago, Yori Ten said:

Yes, some would see it that way. But before I found out about what happened before, I was quite unsettled. FJ knowingly went inside the formation to DIE with DH. And DH asked her to forget him. Also, why would he said forget me and then the both of them will end up dead anyways. And how would FJ survive the formation? Remember, when watching that scene, we were anticipating that the both of them will not be able to escape. Now we know, FJ will survive because DH gave her his life! 

This makes me cry :bawling: I can't help it..my beloved Dongfeng's.

• Like 3
  • Sad 7

Just now, Ninky said:

End of the day they should cut out parts of mortal scene and just put the last 10 episodes Uncut in. My 2 cents. 

Agreed! Mortal arc was the longest 12 episodes. If they releases the uncut, i’ll be a happy camper. :D

• Like 7
  • Love 1

2 hours ago, Kittles said:

Agreed... I  assumed that when FJ had the second wave of resurgence that  it was because of the magical powers of DH's ring that she was wearing. Makes au much sense with this deleted scene. This is detail that would add immensely to that scene. 

Sigh. I fear in going to have to give the  directors a C minus from me. 

DH saw FJ's pale face and is about to loose her consciousness. He lifted his left hand and conjured up magic power to transfer his remaining life essence into FJ's body. In that instant he lost all his energy, embraced FJ and felll onto the ground.

The original script was only two lines. Why did they have to cut this is beyond me. :crazy:

• Like 5
  • Unamused 1
  • Confused 2
  • Sad 8

2 minutes ago, vivi0303 said:

He always wanted her to just live, in every life, regardless of the consequences to him and the price he had to pay :tears:

Shen Ye made me cry buckets both in book and show, more in book as it felt a lot more tragic, especially the part where Aranya had her last words with her mother and her thinking Shen Ye betrayed her at that point.

• Like 1
  • Sad 7

5 minutes ago, Yori Ten said:

DH saw FJ's pale face and is about to loose consciousness. He lifted his left hand and conjured up power to transfer his remaining life essence to into FJ's body. In that instant he lost all his energy, embraced FJ and fall onto the ground.

The original script was only two lines. Why did they have to cut this is beyond me. :crazy:

@Yori Ten They are cutting out all the wrong parts of the script/show. Sad to see that the scriptwriters did an excellent piece of writing and they had to ruin it at pre/post production. I think the scriptwriters got tired of the abuse from fans and just released the damn thing to public.

• Like 14

2 minutes ago, Ninky said:

@Yori Ten They are cutting out all the wrong parts of the script/show. Sad to see that the scriptwriters did an excellent piece of writing and they had to ruin it at pre/post production. I think the scriptwriters got tired of the abuse from fans and just released the damn thing to public.

Yes I have agree with you. The script is an A+++++ .  If the leaked script isn't from the scriptwriters, then I don't know who else hold a grunge. We are now hoping it's the editing team's turn to rise and rebel!!! :naughty:

• Like 1
  • LOL 9

11 minutes ago, Yori Ten said:

DH saw FJ's pale face and is about to loose consciousness. He lifted his left hand and conjured up power to transfer his remaining life essence into FJ's body. In that instant he lost all his energy, embraced FJ and felll onto the ground.

I face palmed in this scene. FJ just 'died', then she woke up suddenly :unamused::joy: "Pitchforks! Pitchforks! Awooo! Awooo!':joy:

• Like 1
  • LOL 9

4 minutes ago, LaxClyne said:

I face palmed in this scene. FJ just 'died', then she woke up suddenly :unamused::joy: "Pitchforks! Pitchforks! Awooo! Awooo!':joy:

Where is our LS, we need his Cang'he sword sharpening skills for our pitchforks:joy: plus, his abs will abate my anger

• Like 1
  • LOL 10

2 hours ago, Yori Ten said:

Have been skimming through the supposed leak script. It is massive and really detailed. Had they followed the script closely and did not cut scenes, ELoD would have been perfect in every way.

I was very dissatisfied with the ending scene at the Starward formation because DH asked FJ to forget him. They deleted a very crucial scene which was in he script.

Before he uttered those words, he actually transferred his remaining life essence to FJ, to protect her from the formation. He wanted her to live on and he wanted to protect her until the very end. By saying forget me, it doesnt mean he was being cruel to her at all. He was protecting her with the very last bit he has. That makes so much more sense. He gave her the gift of life and wanted her to move on. We didn't get to see that and I ended up hating DH for that. Ugh...

Here's an input from @Ninky after she read the bits on JH's finale.

@Yori Ten they changed the finale episode scenes a bit. Ji Heng didn't actually end up with Xiao Yan. Apparently she was dressed as the new demon queen of the Red demon tribe. Her maid told her that YCW has gone to the Heavenly tribe again. She told her maid it is good that he is working hard with them as she will never step out of the demon realms ever again (took her banishment punishment from Dong Hua seriously).  The camera then shows her looking into the distance with wisdom on her face

Thank you @Yori Ten @Ninky for sharing the translation.

My pitchfork is ready and sharp now...who to stab first? Lol but why oh why they need to remove those crucial scenes in the last episode.... They are heartless

• Like 3
  • Unamused 1

1 hour ago, vivi0303 said:

He always wanted her to just live, in every life, regardless of the consequences to him and the price he had to pay :tears:

He did. From that time DH first saved truant schoolgirl FJ from the tiger at the forbidden territory. :tears:

FJ grieved he wasn't there on times she needed help. On those times, DH was not aware, didn't know that she was being harmed or hurt. 

Anytime DH knew that FJ might not be safe, there's no price high enough to pay if it means she lives on.

• Like 2
  • Sad 3
  • Love 4

52 minutes ago, LaxClyne said:

Is this  Awooo!! Kdrama style?

or

Awooo!! Coyote style?:joy:Pitchfork! pitchfork!..who to stab first?

• Like 1
  • LOL 4

14 hours ago, Barbedflower said:

I am actually learning Chinese so I don't have to depend on translations and eng sub! Just for my love of dramas haha! 

Good luck! I also decided to go to university to study Chinese, for the same reasons as you and because i love chinese culture. I can't wait for the day when i will be able to read by myself all the chinese novels i can't read right now, because they are not translated in English, and watch dramas without having to wait for the subs. It's a long way ahead of us, but we will succed!:blush::kiss_wink:

• Like 5
  • Love 3
  • Awesome 1

3 hours ago, Barbedflower said:

As I was re-watching yet again, I realised that DH and FJ's relationship is very organic. FJ always loved DH but even though it was intriguing for DH, he was taking his time and did not display his feelings.

Its all the small little things (eg. silk handkerchief adventures, Fanyin Valley and then finally Aranya's dream) that build up and when LS told DH what FJ did for him, it was like the floodgates were opened.

DH became resolute and sure of his feelings and displayed it for all to see when he discharged his powers and went to Aranya's dream for FJ so that no one will mistake his intention. 

Ahhh, its such a pleasure to watch these 2 fall deeply in love with each other!

PS: I can't move on! I can't find another good drama that can make me stop watching ELOD! 

Exactly how I felt , still cannot move on, either replaying the episodes, or the soundtrack lol my hubby is getting bored of ELOD haha

• Like 4
  • Sad 1
  • Love 3

1 hour ago, Ninky said:

As we both think the same on who might have instigated the crappy changes in the storyline and editing, I can imagine more waves of resentment coming to her. The target would be her, the way she responded to defend JH.

• Like 4

1 hour ago, Yori Ten said:

Yes I have agree with you. The script is an A+++++ .  If the leaked script isn't from the scriptwriters, then I don't know who else hold a grunge. We are now hoping it's the editing team's turn to rise and rebel!!! :naughty:

If they do, they're being backed by ELOD story fans from far and wide.

Spoiler

Most like JH actress who's at fault, thinking the way she defended JH portrayal.

• Like 6

1 hour ago, LaxClyne said:

I really didn't understand why she woke up suddenly when I saw the scene. It turns out someone screw up big time with the editing or maybe he was smoking weed when doing the editing. 

• Like 7
  • Unamused 1
  • LOL 1

1 hour ago, Yori Ten said:

DH saw FJ's pale face and is about to loose consciousness. He lifted his left hand and conjured up power to transfer his remaining life essence into FJ's body. In that instant he lost all his energy, embraced FJ and felll onto the ground.

And this, is why, business interests, or concessions, should not really interfere with the creative/scriptwriting/editing teams once the budget had been set. Let them work from it!

For the decision of giving more exposures, the crucial, so important scenes of the story were sacrificed. The series almost got ruined by the last few episodes.

The editing with the marketing team are releasing the beautiful, axed scenes and are labeling those as teasers. If that ain't grudge and rebellion, I don't know what else to call it.

Spoiler

JH actress got it really bad. She's pitiful, but at the same time, I've to wonder how shortsighted she was. She's not new in showbiz! Hadn't she known or anticipated what these cuts and changes would result to?

• Like 6