[Mainland Chinese Web Drama 2020] Three Lives Three Worlds The Pillow Book 三生三世枕上书

MayanEcho

8 minutes ago, vivi0303 said:

I feel that DH really is lazy sometimes. Or at least has a faulty thinking process. He repeatedly saw FJ's insecurities towards JH, and at one point (in the cave) promised that he would explain everything that has been bothering her. Regardless of the impending collapse of the toxin realm, he could have kept that secret while explaining all the other stuff. But honestly, we only seeing him enjoying himself with his little fox and never received the real talk. 

Men always keeping secrets from the fragile female. When are the going to notice that never works and in the end you got a real beast to deal with at home  aka wife :joy:

• Like 1
  • LOL 6

7 minutes ago, xiaoxf said:

I liked it, but I guess my issue is that the story felt unfinished, or only partially fleshed out, is that how it's supposed to be? A lot of people sacrificed their lives, but they gained nothing, all their backstories were interesting but felt incomplete, and there's no second season or anything. I understand it's part of a larger series, but as an outsider with no knowledge of the source it was confusing and felt incomplete.

There is another Candle in the Tomb slated to come out.... I don't know if it is a continuation but Vengo has a special appearance as his original character.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 3

6 minutes ago, xiaoxf said:

I liked it, but I guess my issue is that the story felt unfinished, or only partially fleshed out, is that how it's supposed to be? A lot of people sacrificed their lives, but they gained nothing, all their backstories were interesting but felt incomplete, and there's no second season or anything. I understand it's part of a larger series, but as an outsider with no knowledge of the source it was confusing and felt incomplete.

I only disliked the narrator ending. I mean we didn't need to know what happened next, especially if there weren't going to do a series about it. Next season is coming out this year. I checked Vengo's upcoming projects in mydramalist and is listed there. Although it says he will only be second lead this time... Not sure why

• Like 1
  • Thanks 3

3 minutes ago, Queen01 said:

Men always keeping secrets from the fragile female. When are the going to notice that never works and in the end you got a real beast to deal with at home  aka wife :joy:

Right? I think this reflects an underlying issue in the Chinese culture. I lived in China this year for six months and my Chinese friends had a strange relationship with their boyfriends. Most of them didn't think a boyfriend is a friend, so there were many things they didn't share with them. I don't think there is an open, honest communication between most Chinese couples, at least, no the way we understand it in the west.

• Like 5
  • Insightful 2

9 minutes ago, vivi0303 said:

I feel that DH really is lazy sometimes. Or at least has a faulty thinking process. He repeatedly saw FJ's insecurities towards JH, and at one point (in the cave) promised that he would explain everything that has been bothering her. Regardless of the impending collapse of the toxin realm, he could have kept that secret while explaining all the other stuff. But honestly, we only seeing him enjoying himself with his little fox and never received the real talk. 

In addition to wanting to protect her, I think he also has the habit of not explaining himself about the things he does or trivial matter for him. And habits die hard. He could have told Ji Heng or Zhihe from the start to stop their shenanigans since he wasn't interested but for him it's kinda trivial. So even though he noticed Feng Jiu's insecurities towards Ji Heng, maybe he thought that his relationship with Feng Jiu was doing well, they're about to get married and he had shown her that the only woman he wants was her and only her.

• Like 11

On 1/22/2019 at 5:29 AM, aprincessofmars said:

@chubby^green^ 

@aryamine

@Sisca_TVXQ

If you guys have VLC player, I can upload the episode subtitles to my dropbox account. They're all in English and pulled from Rukuten Viki. However because these are fan effort translations, sometimes the subtitles are incomplete and from time to time scenes will lack subtitles. And for episode 39, I think that one might be out of sync, but that's possible to fix.

The episodes where V+R appear together are 1, 17, 22, 23, 24, 25, 26, 29, 32, 33, 34, 36, 37 and 40 :P I believe.

This is my dropbox.

https://www.dropbox.com/sh/pejf6enq4vgga3p/AABgQFHmJagiow_akhjPLNuTa?dl=0

You are a life saver!!! Cant wait to watch this. Vengo and Reba end up together right?

• Like 3
  • Thanks 3

I was rereading the mini specials. DH is so shameless no matter where and when. 
Just for laughs... :joy:

Dong Hua & Feng Jiu are sitting on the bed like normal.

Feng Jiu: “Dijun, you …… why are you looking at me like this?”

Dong Hua: “Xiao Bai, I just think you are a little bit different today.”

Feng Jiu (look at herself): “What …… Where is the different?”

Dong Hua: “You seem particularly suitable to warm my bed today.”

Feng Jiu: “…”

————————————————————————

Feng Jiu: “Dijun, can you treat me better?”

Dong Hua: “I don’t treat you well enough?”

Feng Jiu: “Dijun, you always bully me?”

Dong Hua: “I think there is a lyric which said ‘if you love me then bully me.'”

Feng Jiu: “Actually it is ‘If you love me then kiss me’.  Uh … Dijun, what are you doing?”

Dong Hua: “Prove that I love you!”

Credit to https://hui3r.wordpress.com/2013/04/23/the-pillow-book-mini-special-encore-on-dong-hua-feng-jiu-part-9/

• Like 4
  • Naughty 2
  • LOL 10

I cant decide what I enjoyed more, this forum, with all the thirst posts :blush:, the dedicated  fan weibo and Instagram clips :love:, and discussing the book/drama :star:or the drama itself.

Hmmm, do you think we will reach 500 pages?

• Like 6

46 minutes ago, anzu_brief said:

Right? I think this reflects an underlying issue in the Chinese culture. I lived in China this year for six months and my Chinese friends had a strange relationship with their boyfriends. Most of them didn't think a boyfriend is a friend, so there were many things they didn't share with them. I don't think there is an open, honest communication between most Chinese couples, at least, no the way we understand it in the west.

I've a friend married to a Chinese guy, and now the marriage is on the rocks due to lack of open communication. BTW, not saying all Chinese guys are like this husband of the friend, as I know others who are also happily married, interracial marriages included. Being her sounding board for some years now, I'm so sad for them that their issues are getting worse. The miscarriages aggravating their issues, her husband was also partly to be blamed for those. I've asked her again and again that she and her husband talk more, even about silly things, but nah, nothing. In the end, I can only tell her not to feel guilty if she decides to leave him because she started talking of doing the extreme step. :cold_sweat:

• Sad 6
  • Insightful 2

2 hours ago, LovelyLady said:

In addition to wanting to protect her, I think he also has the habit of not explaining himself about the things he does or trivial matter for him. And habits die hard. He could have told Ji Heng or Zhihe from the start to stop their shenanigans since he wasn't interested but for him it's kinda trivial. So even though he noticed Feng Jiu's insecurities towards Ji Heng, maybe he thought that his relationship with Feng Jiu was doing well, they're about to get married and he had shown her that the only woman he wants was her and only her.

In his eyes she is perfect,  so he taught so it is. 

His arrogance or thick faceness in some ways is his charm but also his greatest flaw. 

Come to think of it not one of his friends can be a council on what not to do in a relationship :joy:.... well maybe LS but he's too busy chasing after CY and teasing DJ to share some knowledge. But how much does he know if he's chasing after his girl :joy:

• Like 1
  • LOL 4